Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

20 minutes ago, skex said:

I'm at my wits end and hope someone has an idea of what I can do. I was transforming my valk and not paying attention and going I rotated the arm assembly the wrong direction, putting the flap on the wrong side so it won't lock in at the top in battroid mode. When I tried to separate the assembly from the rest of the piece it will absolutely not budge. I don't know why it locked in in such a way but am willing to pretty much do anything. I couldn't find any info and have applied an embarrassing amount of pressure which has stressed the collapse mechanism but I don't think actually loosened it. Any help is much appreciated because I think I may have to abandon it to gerwalk forever otherwise.

Taking some photos would make the troubleshooting easier

2 hours ago, skex said:

I'm at my wits end and hope someone has an idea of what I can do. I was transforming my valk and not paying attention and going I rotated the arm assembly the wrong direction, putting the flap on the wrong side so it won't lock in at the top in battroid mode. When I tried to separate the assembly from the rest of the piece it will absolutely not budge. I don't know why it locked in in such a way but am willing to pretty much do anything. I couldn't find any info and have applied an embarrassing amount of pressure which has stressed the collapse mechanism but I don't think actually loosened it. Any help is much appreciated because I think I may have to abandon it to gerwalk forever otherwise.

Yeah. Photos would be nice.

Funny that I was also transforming back my Draken earlier to put it back in the box from Battroid to Fighter mode. And I realize how it was hard to transform without a video guide. But I did still manage to transform it. Man, how I love and hate that Valkyrie. ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

10 hours ago, F360 said:

Taking some photos would make the troubleshooting easier

Thanks for such a quick reply! Here's a picture of it rotated and collapsed the wrong way. I cannot for the life of me separate it again to rotate the proper way so that the lock is located on the outside which is necessary for locking it properly.

IMG_20180904_072401.thumb.jpg.5170525aca218901e9cb6312c66402a0.jpg

1 hour ago, skex said:

Thanks for such a quick reply! Here's a picture of it rotated and collapsed the wrong way. I cannot for the life of me separate it again to rotate the proper way so that the lock is located on the outside which is necessary for locking it properly.

*snip*

Ok. Just to make it clear. I marked the locking tab with an arrow stating that part should be on the other side where you mentioned that it was rotated the other way. Also, I marked something with a question mark and it looks like it has some stress mark on it. Can you confirm?

IMG_20180904.jpg.36c57249047ffc0fa2afebb7b25595ea.jpg

Also, with that being said. From this position, can you still rotate it where the tab is on the other side? I know the rotating pivot joint on that part is kind of tight because I experienced it the other day when I was transforming mine. Thought I was forcing it. But I think it was fine because I tried rotating it back and forth and nothing came loose or something. If you feel that it's too tight, there's probably something blocking it. So please rotate it with caution. If not, try to watch some YouTube videos and check that portion specifically so you'll know if there's something needs to be done prior of rotating it.

Here's a video from our very own @jenius:

And here's a video from Wotafa:

Hope tha helps. ^_^

Transformimg this thing was put off for a long time. Trying to get it back into fighter was a pain in the ass. I couldn't get it to fighter 100% there were gaps and it never sat right. I decided to leave this guy in battroid. Thankfully I have another so one is never getting transformed! The lil drakens set sword and shield are a must for battroid imo. I love how this guy looks now. I prefer the Anubis look with his horns/ears upright too. It's a unique and interesting valkyrie. It woukd be a shame if they didn't do a white, green or mirage variant. 

_20180904_180226.JPG

_20180904_180250.JPG

_20180904_180313.JPG

49 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. Just to make it clear. I marked the locking tab with an arrow stating that part should be on the other side where you mentioned that it was rotated the other way. Also, I marked something with a question mark and it looks like it has some stress mark on it. Can you confirm?

IMG_20180904.jpg.36c57249047ffc0fa2afebb7b25595ea.jpg

Also, with that being said. From this position, can you still rotate it where the tab is on the other side? I know the rotating pivot joint on that part is kind of tight because I experienced it the other day when I was transforming mine. Thought I was forcing it. But I think it was fine because I tried rotating it back and forth and nothing came loose or something. If you feel that it's too tight, there's probably something blocking it. So please rotate it with caution. If not, try to watch some YouTube videos and check that portion specifically so you'll know if there's something needs to be done prior of rotating it.

Here's a video from our very own @jenius:

And here's a video from Wotafa:

Hope tha helps. ^_^

This is extremely helpful. I'll respond with bullets to keep things simple.

1. Your assessment of the image is correct. It's 180 degrees the wrong way but the stress mark as thankfully just a reflection.

2. I have tried relentlessly to turn the arms in either direction but they seem locked. Separating the arms from the body seemed like the answer because when they wouldn't turn I assumed it was because collapsing them against body locked them into place.

3. I've looked at the mechanism and tried to figure out how I would even disassemble it if necessary. I'd be willing to try that as a last resort.

4. I was just trying to figure out if when I collapsed the arms down that it locked them in place and there was some sort of way to unlock them. I watched the Scorched Earth videos which are fantastic but the battroid to fighter transformation makes it look super easy to pull the arms down which is not my case at all.

My intention is to keep this guy in battroid if I can ever get there but two hours into transforming him it's gone quite poorly.

4 minutes ago, skex said:

This is extremely helpful. I'll respond with bullets to keep things simple.

1. Your assessment of the image is correct. It's 180 degrees the wrong way but the stress mark as thankfully just a reflection.

2. I have tried relentlessly to turn the arms in either direction but they seem locked. Separating the arms from the body seemed like the answer because when they wouldn't turn I assumed it was because collapsing them against body locked them into place.

3. I've looked at the mechanism and tried to figure out how I would even disassemble it if necessary. I'd be willing to try that as a last resort.

4. I was just trying to figure out if when I collapsed the arms down that it locked them in place and there was some sort of way to unlock them. I watched the Scorched Earth videos which are fantastic but the battroid to fighter transformation makes it look super easy to pull the arms down which is not my case at all.

My intention is to keep this guy in battroid if I can ever get there but two hours into transforming him it's gone quite poorly.

So you did try to pull up the arm tab prior of rotating it back again, correct? From what I remember that rotating arm mechanism should be pulled up to rotate it as what I've understand with what you've said in number 4. But if it's really not rotating, I'd advise not to force it. But make sure before you disassemble the figure, please check first if you hadn't missed any steps prior of rotating it.

And don't worry about the two hour thing. That's is still less. FYI, I've spent atleast 7 hours trying to figure out YF-21 legs back to fighter mode until I literally broke one of the thigh for putting too much pressure. :unsure:

15 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

So you did try to pull up the arm tab prior of rotating it back again, correct? From what I remember that rotating arm mechanism should be pulled up to rotate it as what I've understand with what you've said in number 4. But if it's really not rotating, I'd advise not to force it. But make sure before you disassemble the figure, please check first if you hadn't missed any steps prior of rotating it.

And don't worry about the two hour thing. That's is still less. FYI, I've spent atleast 7 hours trying to figure out YF-21 legs back to fighter mode until I literally broke one of the thigh for putting too much pressure. :unsure:

When you say pull up, I'm trying to take the piece the arms are attached to and separate it from the base to rotate the entire assembly similar to what you have to do take it from the position it's in fighter mode to gerwalk or battroid. It just appears it's locked in and for some reason (may by having it in the wrong position?) it won't seem lift back up so that I can rotate it back to the right position.

I'm willing to entertain taking it apart at this point but don't know how to proceed.

42 minutes ago, skex said:

When you say pull up, I'm trying to take the piece the arms are attached to and separate it from the base to rotate the entire assembly similar to what you have to do take it from the position it's in fighter mode to gerwalk or battroid. It just appears it's locked in and for some reason (may by having it in the wrong position?) it won't seem lift back up so that I can rotate it back to the right position.

I'm willing to entertain taking it apart at this point but don't know how to proceed.

Yes sir. I think we're on the same page on that one.I was hoping that you already pulled it up in order to have it rotated it back again. But if it won't pull up nor budge it means something might stuck or maybe something's preventing from doing it since it was rotated and pushed down the wrong way. I mean, that's the only way to rotate the arm bar mechanism. At this point I'm not sure what to do since I don't have my Draken in front of me. All I can say is if it won't move or something, don't force it. I'll try to check mine tonight since I already boxed it up and see what can be done.

I had the same problem and though it was broken. You need to pull up the arms, and it's very scary how tight the arm pivot is. In my case, the arms were stuck and I could not move it up, no matter how hard I tried. I managed to pull it up, while being very careful. Don't force it, since the pivot might snap off. 

Jenius & wotafa's videos were extremely helpful to find out what was the problem. 

9 hours ago, Bishop said:

I had the same problem and though it was broken. You need to pull up the arms, and it's very scary how tight the arm pivot is. In my case, the arms were stuck and I could not move it up, no matter how hard I tried. I managed to pull it up, while being very careful. Don't force it, since the pivot might snap off. 

Jenius & wotafa's videos were extremely helpful to find out what was the problem. 

I really appreciate the help but can't figure out how to pull the arms up. Honestly I've already applied a lot of pressure but thankfully not done any visible damage to the figure yet. For reference this is how much I can separate the arms currently.

IMG_20180904_072417.thumb.jpg.68fc75dac01c9ee886a168049fa968b8.jpg

2 hours ago, skex said:

I really appreciate the help but can't figure out how to pull the arms up. Honestly I've already applied a lot of pressure but thankfully not done any visible damage to the figure yet. For reference this is how much I can separate the arms currently.

*snip*

And at this point you can't rotate the arm 180°, correct? If so, would you able to push down again the arm rotating swivel joint back to the main back frame? I can't imagine there's any plastic clips nor parts in between the rotating joint and the main frame that's preventing it from rotating back again. I wonder if the joint is just too tight.

Edit: I've watched Jenius' and Wotafa's videos once again, and it doesn't look like the arm rotating joint is tight nor pulling it away from the back frame hard. There might be something caught in-between when it accidentally rotated the other way to make the whole thing tight or unmovable.

Edited by no3Ljm

Have you tried rotating the little clip lock back and forth, to see if it's caught on the frame?  It looks like the lighter blue piece is wedged between the walls of the back frame.  I don't want you to stress the frame, but I wonder if attempting to lift the edge with the light blue clip over the walls of the backplate might get it loose.

Got my paws on a SV 262 Ha from Jungle (Grade B, 13k yen) and will make the payment if I don't have any else to add on to this order within a few days. 

Going to see of I can manage to do all the transformation in all three modes without tossing it against the wall and not causing me to bleed in the process in doing so. :p

Lil'Draken add-ons to follow. 

I've actually pulled one of mine out to mess with the past day, and it's going easier than I remember.. which probably means I'm doing something wrong. :lol:  I do find it easier to transform if I just ignore gerwalk though, and go straight between fighter and battroid.

I took a look at that arm swingbar, and after flipping it around the wrong way on purpose, I can't actually find a way to get it stuck.  I'm wondering if skex's just happened to snap down tightly against the backplate, and needs to be popped up and away from it?

3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Don't be a hero broh..watch the vidoes before and while you do it! :D

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

I've actually pulled one of mine out to mess with the past day, and it's going easier than I remember.. which probably means I'm doing something wrong. :lol:  I do find it easier to transform if I just ignore gerwalk though, and go straight between fighter and battroid.

I've been watching lots of transformation vids and hopefully that I don't screw up during the process. Definitely going to valk and battriod modes and skip the gerwalk all together (less hassle to deal with).

On a side note - If Bandai does decide to do the Elvis version, I wonder how are they doing to make the gold trim highlights not peel upon removing the protective covering?  

17 minutes ago, borgified said:

On a side note - If Bandai does decide to do the Elvis version, I wonder how are they doing to make the gold trim highlights not peel upon removing the protective covering?  

Probably just change the type of paint.

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Really, it's worth clearcoating the entire 262 upon opening.  The gold just flakes off once you start transforming it.

Here's another thought - Use clear nail polish or Future Floor Finish on the gold trim that is prone to chipping off right away when you pop the transformation joints (and let dry before going mad on the full transformation). ^_^ 

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Here's another thought - Use clear nail polish or Future Floor Finish on the gold trim that is prone to chipping off right away when you pop the transformation joints (and let dry before going mad on the full transformation). ^_^ 

That's what I was thinking. Going over the whole valk would make the tolerances and part clipping even worse.

Quick comment. I have two DX SV-262 figures. One for jet mode, one for robot mode.

One of them, I've transformed into robot mode then back into jet mode, which completely turned me off to transforming this figure. I sighed, transformed it to robot mode, and never transformed it again. This prompted me to buy another one, to keep in jet mode.

I've attempted Gerwalk mode a few times, but it was so confusing, I never actually got it into Gerwalk mode.

Seeing this thread come back to life has made me curious about the 1/72 model kit. I bought one and built it.

WHY THE DEVIL CAN'T THE DX VERSION USE THE SAME TRANSFORMATION SCHEME AS THE MODEL KIT? Some of the transformation steps make SO MUCH MORE SENSE on the kit! 

9 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

WHY THE DEVIL CAN'T THE DX VERSION USE THE SAME TRANSFORMATION SCHEME AS THE MODEL KIT? Some of the transformation steps make SO MUCH MORE SENSE on the kit! 

Perfect transformation and all...

I also wish they'd do a renewal SV-262 using the 1/72 kit's transformation sequence. The slight inaccuracies would be worth it for the much easier transformation.

Didn't post this yesterday.

My DX SV-262Hs arrived on Thursday and picked it up from the post office as no one was at home. Nothing was broken, however gold paint chips where present and the white paint on the wing tampograph was slightly peeled off.

Edit: Very common mistake as I typed in Ha not Hs.

DSC01025.jpg

Edited by borgified

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 9:38 AM, skex said:

IMG_20180904_072417.thumb.jpg.68fc75dac01c9ee886a168049fa968b8.jpg

It looks like just need to rotate the piece that connects the arms around.. Maybe push it further out? Mine actually rotates 360 degrees

Edited by jpham1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Note: This is not a bump in the thread of an SV 262 Ba variant, however its more as an "What If" when the DX version gets released.

Just listed on Manda, Hasegawa model kit of Mirage's 262 Ba is shown and the box art shows in her own colours [I know that this kit was shown in battriod form way back in the thread (and valk if my memory serve me correctly)], will anyone pick it up based on this? :nea:

I think that a fair amount of us will wait for the regular Ba (Pope head) variant.

Edit; I might get it cause of Mirage herself, however the actual colours on the DX will either make it or break it.

02006511760.jpg

Edited by borgified

I’ll get it for Mirage. Best girl. Besides, the way the 262 toy is going it’ll probably be the only Ba variant we get. If we get it at all.