Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

11 minutes ago, borgified said:

Stinks that the Elvis Hs, Mirage's and Booger's Ba Drakens didn't get made for those that wanted it...  

Same. I'm totally IN for Elvis Draken.

20 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Same. I'm totally IN for Elvis Draken.

If Elvis Draken comes out, I'll pass him the guitar from the 1/8 Megahouse Basara figure.

img-1007414-funeral-em-memphis_widelg.jpg.37580845640810eacfee80827ebd5214.jpg

Edited by MKT

4 hours ago, MKT said:

If Elvis Draken comes out, I'll pass him the guitar from the 1/8 Megahouse Basara figure.

img-1007414-funeral-em-memphis_widelg.jpg.37580845640810eacfee80827ebd5214.jpg

make a scarf too and complete the look...😉

and for the extreme makeover get a mini elvis wig! 😁

Slight addendum to the yellowing discussion earlier:

I just noticed Mandarake has recently started to add remarks to Frontier v2 valks that yellowing may occur (in addition to the possible nose hinge crack) for unopened ones.  

• 2 months later...

This comes very late, but coincidentally while painting something else with Citadel Paint - Retributor Armor, it came to my mind that it looked just like the gold used on Keith's SV-262. I had one that had a lot of the gold that was scuffed off and tried applying some to it. It is nearly identical.

I repainted that whole area outlined in the black box on both sides of where it separates and I think most people would have a hard time distinguishing it from the rest of the gold on the 262.1712298961604.JPEG.b6d739d47e17b48179fa017bb94514b3.JPEG

Just a tip if there's anyone else that had the gold scuff off or peeled off with the protective plastic right out of the box and wanted to do some touch ups.

27 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

How does Retributor Armor "brush"?  Many gold paints lately (looking at you, Vallejo) are very "sticky" and horrible to use, even if the color is nice.  

Might need to thin it a bit. If I had to do it again, I would probably just thin it enough to airbrush it on as my paint brushing skills are not the best. I recently got some Citadel contrast medium and it seems to help the citadel paints flow better as well when brushing. 

Small are touchups like I did in my pic should be fine. Doing something like a whole strip, I'd probably use my airbrush.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Having worked with Citadel metallics for years, I can say they are some of the best available and forgive brush painting readily, BUT they need to be thoroughly mixed for a good consistency. I use an electric paint shaker and a couple stainless steel ball bearings in the paint pot and that’s always done the trick.