Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

22 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

It is so unfortunate for the 262. This was the only breath of greasy air to be released from any company in along time and now we will never see another version or variant of it.

Such a shame and a waste of an awesome design.

Hope to be proved wrong after the new movie.

QFT

I understand enemy valks don't sell very well, but for such a unique design it would be shame to just "one and done".

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'd definitely buy it if it was the Itasha version.

If that’s the only way to produce Elvis Draken, it’s also an insta-buy for me as well. I don’t mind having this as my only Itasha transforming Valk. ^_^ 

2 hours ago, borgified said:

If the Elvis version of the Hs was made, will Kumo Kumo be covered over with the Slavo missile bays?  

If there’s going to be a missile bay add-on afterwards, then yes, it’s going to cover Mikumo. Unless, the missile bay will come tampoed of the same Itasha marking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It’s quite acknowledged that the SV-262 is unmistakably based off the J35 Draken in its overall shape.

Recently I happened to watch a segment on the Avro Vulcan delta-winged bomber, and then it hit me, that the curvy fuselage of the SV-262 seemed to be modelled after the Vulcan’s. From some angles, the similarities seem uncanny, especially the spade-shaped tail end.. 

40 minutes ago, MKT said:

It’s quite acknowledged that the SV-262 is unmistakably based off the J35 Draken in its overall shape.

Recently I happened to watch a segment on the Avro Vulcan delta-winged bomber, and then it hit me, that the curvy fuselage of the SV-262 seemed to be modelled after the Vulcan’s. From some angles, the similarities seem uncanny, especially the spade-shaped tail end.. 

A highly piece of Canada Avionics history right there. ^_^

That's the CF-105 Avro Arrow, a plane that was made in '50's and then scrapped 2 years after the main flight. Highly advanced at the time, however too expensive.  

I watched a documentary on the Avro Arrow too sometime back, and no doubt it would have been an awesome jet!

Back to the Avro Vulcan, I’m now quite convinced that the SV-262, design wise is an amalgam of both the Vulcan & J35.. just a geek thought haha 

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, borgified said:

Peeks into the thread since that last post.

Lil'Drakens for grabs on Manda for 9k yen (opened, used and box damaged)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1132111265&ref=doc&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

It's even the ones w/ missile pod, not the movie set without.

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

And here I was clicking this thread thinking that we're finally going to have an Elvis Draken. :nea:

We all might have to wait for the Second Delta Movie to release before any of the others 262 varients get made. 

I agree the SV-262 is a thing of beauty.  How did you shine up the gold, my copy seems to have faded to a coppery color now in hue.  Transforming it has added to my grey hair collection and is the only valk toy that I am afraid to try to transform again.

Twich

8 hours ago, twich said:

I agree the SV-262 is a thing of beauty.  How did you shine up the gold, my copy seems to have faded to a coppery color now in hue.  Transforming it has added to my grey hair collection and is the only valk toy that I am afraid to try to transform again.

Twich

I prefer it in Battroid or Gerwalk mode but I’ve never got around to transforming mine yet! It’s one of two transforming toys I own that are open and not transformed yet. The other is MP Megatron. It’s packed away right now but when I get it out next time, I will be transforming it, or at least attempting it. 

12 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Macross_Sv-262Hs_DSC05292_zpsfbwp8z0b.JPG.bf06da5265af48db7bd2827f2e5f2d62.JPG

I love this angle. It makes it look sharp! :wub:

I still like looking at the nice stand out copper paint.

SV-262 may be a bit involving to transform, but it doesn't appear to be that much more complicated than the Frontier valks? At least there aren't transformation 'traps' that easily breaks the toy, like the VF-171 knees or Yamato's VF-19 gerwalk joints.

Looking back, the weight of the toy at first was initially disappointing. It's much lighter than the other Chogokin valks, especially its contemporary VF-31 valks that felt much more satisfying in hand to swoosh around. But once transformed to Gerwalk and Battroid, the lighter weight of SV-262 works to its advantage for easier handling and posing. I also remember all the joints were consistently tight and so will not feel like they will become loose with some casual handling.

11 minutes ago, MKT said:

I love this angle. It makes it look sharp! :wub:

I still like looking at the nice stand out copper paint.

SV-262 may be a bit involving to transform, but it doesn't appear to be that much more complicated than the Frontier valks? At least there aren't transformation 'traps' that easily breaks the toy, like the VF-171 knees or Yamato's VF-19 gerwalk joints.

Looking back, the weight of the toy at first was initially disappointing. It's much lighter than the other Chogokin valks, especially its contemporary VF-31 valks that felt much more satisfying in hand to swoosh around. But once transformed to Gerwalk and Battroid, the lighter weight of SV-262 works to its advantage for easier handling and posing. I also remember all the joints were consistently tight and so will not feel like they will become loose with some casual handling.

Thanks! I really like that shot too! Like I said, I prefer the other modes for this Valk (and most others) but it really looks better than I thought in fighter mode once I had it in person. I'm not too worried about the transformation, just haven't had a chance to get to it yet. My 262s are currently boxed away in an unknown location.