Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

when I got my SV-262 from Nippon-Yasan, my DX SV-262 was $40 less than the Lil-Draken set for the SV-262.  Now they appear to be similar prices, which I find absolutely disgusting.

Twich

3 hours ago, borgified said:

I got my Keith for 14k yen on Amiami and then the Lil'Drakens for 13k yen on Amazon.jp.

Now the prices has gone totally bonkers depending on which one you use...  <_<

Don’t tell Bandai of your findings or we’ll never get the Elvis “final confrontation” version. 

Nice as the leg packs are, I think the set is insanely priced for what it includes. <_<  

I'd absolutely buy more 262s if they ever show up, but I'm thinking they'll be pushed to the far far end of the Delta product line, if they ever happen, and probably woven in between DX VF-1 releases. 

Unless we start getting re-releases, or other designs from Delta (VF-22 please?), that should be fairly soon, since we've finally gotten all of Delta Platoon, and all that's left are add-on packs.

I'm not quite sure that's the reason.. 

The two possible reasons why that the 262 Hs is still not going (and we mentioned in this thread before):

(1) The Draken is a real pain the butt to do the transformation (way over engineered than compared to the model kit version)

(2) Enemy valks don't sell well and they shelfwarm, the hero valks still get picked up 

Maybe two more to add

(3) Butt ugly design and not aerodynamic  

(4) Watitng for the Elvis and the Pope Head variants (isn't time for something new?)

3 hours ago, borgified said:

I'm not quite sure that's the reason.. 

The two possible reasons why that the 262 Hs is still not going (and we mentioned in this thread before):

(1) Poorly/over-engineered.

(2) Non-hero valks/mechs don't sell well in Japan.

Fixed that for you.

Edited by Mommar

4 minutes ago, Arkham said:

It's the most beautiful Valk design. ever.

Well.. Maybe close to the actual Mirage 2000? 

I like the Delta winged designed valks more, possibly that they're more aggressive looking. The actual Draken J35 takes some time to get used to.

Hell... I still like the Avro Arrow CF-105 as it's still a piece of Canadian Avionics history, however it got mothballed as it was too expensive and too advanced at that time when it was introduced (and yes we briefly touched on this in the New Purchases thread). ;) 

The 262 DX is the first macross valk released that has a single thruster configuration.
For everyone who has been bugging kawamori for more designs, this is a evolution in one's macross collection...

Plus i love the tampo on this bird! :lol:

Plus the only valk with a sword (and medieval shield!)!

*262 scoffs at the 31 butter knives*...:D

Edited by seti88

I really love the 262 . It's one of the only DX 1/60  i'm keeping , even though i have it in 1/72 three mode. It's a bit gaudy but i don't mind. It's uniqueness and engineering are pretty stand alone , so far.

Lucky for me the price drop(s) has made it even more appealing ;)

On 8/17/2019 at 10:51 PM, Arkham said:

At this point I would even take a "non-revealed" (Episode 1) Keith Draken

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Transform your DX enough, and you can have this for free, as all the gold tampos flake off over time. :lol: 

OR...

Get a secondary 262 Hs and strip the valk completely and then repaint it. ^_^

Nah... It's easier to get the Model kit version and then paint it to your liking (Stealth, Low Vis, Cameo, etc).

19 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Plus the model kit has an easier transformation.

It does, though not perfect, and the gorilla hands are actually even bigger. :lol:   I did actually look at how much modification it would take to permanently attach a smaller set of hands, but the transformation is just different enough to not leave room where the DX has it.

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

C'mon now guys. Bandai's DX SV-262 is the best complicated designed transforming Valkyrie up to date. Period. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Bolt said:

I actually agree, yes .But the 262 is not without it's issues . In fact ,Is there a perfect DX ?? I feel a new thread coming on..:p

I take it that the 171 will be second place with all the nuances that comes with it. I think that every DX valks have its own issues regardless.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/23/2019 at 12:05 AM, Bolt said:

It's no DX , but i would rate the VF-4G as another great design , and engineered toy..

Huge YES to both, although I wish they'd eschewed whatever reasoning they had to make the shoulders stationary, as it really limits the arm articulation. Imagine how much more dynamic it'd look if those things could move around. When I built my LEGO version, it wasn't even a question.

As to the Sv-262, I agree with the overcomplication, especially the armatures for the wings- just finnicky and unenjoyable. The design itself isn't that complicated, and quite elegant to give the illusion of a single engine aircraft.  I've never been a big fan of the Draken, but I think Kawamori did a great job translating it into a valk, and the battroid is a thing of beauty, IMHO. The only issue I have with the DX's battroid mode, aside from the aforementioned wing supports, is that the feet have no forward rotation for posing. Either that, or they're extremely stiff on my copy. I don't force them. Anyway, it stands just fine, and I like how it looks. Anytime I feel like transforming it, though, the thought of wrestling with those wings gives infinite pause. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thread resurrection till the new Macross Delta Movie

Keith's 262 Hs for 15k yen at the Nagoya branch (opened , box damaged)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1091398736&ref=dos&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Lil' Draken add-ons for 11k yen at Utsunomiya branch (open, box damaged)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1077407070&ref=dos&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

It is so unfortunate for the 262. This was the only breath of greasy air to be released from any company in along time and now we will never see another version or variant of it.

Such a shame and a waste of an awesome design.

Hope to be proved wrong after the new movie.