Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

On 28/05/2018 at 3:09 PM, dizman said:

The wings look cool either way, has that Sv-51 feel where they can adjust pitch (or is it camber) based on how much lift is needed for ground effect.

I don't know about aero nautical terminology, however I'll give it my best attempt. 

Isn't pitch is referred as the angle of decent that an aircraft has to obtain to either ascend or descend to its designated place for landing or taking off and Yaw is when you do a roll over in an aircraft correct?

Camber (for us gearheads) is the inward or outward angle if the tire (tyre for the U.K. spelling) when you look at it at the top of the steering knuckle downwards.

That's why you see tricked out vehicles that have the tire pushed inward or outwards from the wheel well to compensate for the ride height, tire traction and other related issues.

Just now, borgified said:

I don't know about aero nautical terminology, however I'll give it my best attempt. 

Isn't pitch is referred as the angle of decent that an aircraft has to obtain to either ascend or descend to its designated place for landing or taking off and Yaw is when you do a roll over in an aircraft correct?

Camber (for us gearheads) is the inward or outward angle if the tire (tyre for the U.K. spelling) when you look at it at the top of the steering knuckle downwards.

That's why you see tricked out vehicles that have the tire pushed inward or outwards from the wheel well to compensate for the ride height, tire traction and other related issues.

pitch is the upward or downward motion of the nose of the aircraft, controlled [traditionally] by the elevators on the Horizontal stabilisers.Image result for yaw

Yaw is the left/right motion of the nose, as controlled by the rudder on the vertical stabiliser [vertical tail fin].

roll is one wing going up in opposition to one going down, as controlled by the ailerons on the wingtips.

Angle of attack [aka: aoa, alpha] is the difference between the pitch angle of the nose relative to the actual direction of flight [vector]

One's angle of descent is part of the "Glide-Slope", which is the optimal path for a plane to fly down to a landing. 

Image result for glide-slope

Camber: if you were talking about it in fighter mode, the word would be anhedral for wings that droop [modern fighters] and dihedral for wings that are higher at the wingtip than the wingroot [WW2 fighters like the Spitfire and Bf-109]...

but lacking a better standardised nomenclature for wing-angle in Gerwalk mode, camber does translate nicely between "Gearheads" and "Propellerheads".:D

Edited by slide

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Pitch = movement along the x-axis (like rotating camera up/down in an FPS)

Yaw = moving the nose of the plane side to side along its y-axis (like rotating camera side/side in an FPS)

Roll = moving the wings of the plane up/down along its z-axis (doesn't happen often in an FPS, but like if the screen itself rotates)

Camber = level of asymmetry between top and bottom sides of a wing

I don't think the SV-51 is capable of changing the camber of its wings. If you're talking about them being segmented so they can "flap," that's just them being segmented and being able to flap... I think. If you mean that the wings can rotate so that more (or less) of the underside is exposed to oncoming air, then I don't think that has anything to do with camber. I mean, I suppose it does, kind of, because you can argue that the "top" of the wing refers more to the forward surface of the wing now, but the actual shape doesn't change. The wing's pitch is just changed relative to the rest of the plane.

...if I'm understanding dizman correctly.

For the last 2/3 of that last paragraph—-the term is “incidence”——how the wing is mounted to affect the “inherent angle of attack of leading edge vs fuselage centerline”.  I know of no plane with variable incidence, but a helicopter’s collective is basically that.  

Wow you guys thought this out more than I did, I went with pitch/camber since in my mind that was what changed when the wings moved up and down/in and out on the Sv-51. I think David has it right with variable incidence affecting the AoA, the F-8 Crusader kinda does something similar when landing on a carrier (or used to anyways).

Edited by dizman
Werds

This is getting really stupid on Bandai's part.. Since that the re-issue of the 31F with the inclusion of clips for the Lil'Draken and an additional non-helmet Hayate is on early tommorrow morning, no word on the Elvis Hs or either Mirage's/Arial Knights Ba variants? :girl_devil:

On 5/30/2018 at 9:49 AM, dizman said:

Wow you guys thought this out more than I did, I went with pitch/camber since in my mind that was what changed when the wings moved up and down/in and out on the Sv-51. I think David has it right with variable incidence affecting the AoA, the F-8 Crusader kinda does something similar when landing on a carrier (or used to anyways).

Ok, I’m embarrassed——I love the F-8, and its most distinctive feature is its unique variable incidence wing.  I have no idea how it slipped my mind.   My “jet enthusiast” credibility is shot.  

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, mamboeidos said:

got the 262 and the super part for under 20k yen before shipping. Hope its a gd deal

Seems good if the condition is new/close to new.  I've been hunting a decent deal on the Lil'Drakens, with no luck so far.  Looks like Mandarake has had the best prices for them, but I've balked on several chances there.

1 hour ago, mamboeidos said:

got the 262 and the super part for under 20k yen before shipping. Hope its a gd deal

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

Seems good if the condition is new/close to new.  I've been hunting a decent deal on the Lil'Drakens, with no luck so far.  Looks like Mandarake has had the best prices for them, but I've balked on several chances there.

The Draken is more affordable now, however the Lil'Draken add ons are getting sparser (that's not counting the ones for the 31).

I'm waiting for either the Elvis Ha or Mirage's/Cannon fodder Ba variants.

13 hours ago, borgified said:

The Draken is more affordable now, however the Lil'Draken add ons are getting sparser (that's not counting the ones for the 31).

I'm waiting for either the Elvis Ha or Mirage's/Cannon fodder Ba variants.

its an open set but hopefully in good condition. both 2 used n both were in great condition.

20k but since its through fromjapan and plus shipping i guess another 3k? still beats buying it else where at the moment

• 2 weeks later...

guys check with u all. recently I got a set of open 262 with the add-on part through fromjapan. When I received it, the instructions for 262 was missing.

This is the link of the item that I bought

SV-262

So not sure about what I do can about it? Because the descriptions did not say anything about the instruction sheet missing. 

You could try to get a refund, but I'd say that is pretty unlikely given the condition.  Moreover, I wouldn't worry too much about the instructions, as they aren't even that great for this particular valk.  @jenius' transformation video for this is pretty good:

If you get stuck on a certain part I could maybe help out.  I could also take picture of a particular page of the instructions, if you really need that.  The hardest part by far is getting the gerwalk bracket-thing together.

2 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

You could try to get a refund, but I'd say that is pretty unlikely given the condition.  Moreover, I wouldn't worry too much about the instructions, as they aren't even that great for this particular valk.  @jenius' transformation video for this is pretty good:

If you get stuck on a certain part I could maybe help out.  I could also take picture of a particular page of the instructions, if you really need that.  The hardest part by far is getting the gerwalk bracket-thing together.

I know jenius would be without a doubt much better instruction but still feels a bit rip off by the deal when they did not state anything regarding missing instruction sheet.

about the refund how to they go about doing it? Do i send the item back or they just offer like a few bucks off for the instruction sheet?

I'm not sure about a refund, you'd probably have to go through whatever proxy you used.  But honestly, I wouldn't even bother (but that is me).  There is this part in the description (from Google translate):

•  In regard to second-hand goods, although we perform product checks,  there may be fine dirt, damage etc. other than the description. The value of the state differs, especially depending on the viewer, of second - hand goods.  Please refrain from your order if you are looking for nervous people and goods.

I'd say that leaves you basically screwed, depending on the exact wording.  Again, you're not really missing much without the instructions.  You got a pretty good price (unless shipping/fees were really high), so I wouldn't feel too bad about it.  I seriously doubt they will give you any kind of a partial refund for no instructions.  

I'd say if you want to use that service again, don't mess with it, as it is going to get you labeled as a "problem customer."  If you have no intention of using either service again, knock yourself out.

7 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I'm not sure about a refund, you'd probably have to go through whatever proxy you used.  But honestly, I wouldn't even bother (but that is me).  There is this part in the description (from Google translate):

•  In regard to second-hand goods, although we perform product checks,  there may be fine dirt, damage etc. other than the description. The value of the state differs, especially depending on the viewer, of second - hand goods.  Please refrain from your order if you are looking for nervous people and goods.

I'd say that leaves you basically screwed, depending on the exact wording.  Again, you're not really missing much without the instructions.  You got a pretty good price (unless shipping/fees were really high), so I wouldn't feel too bad about it.  I seriously doubt they will give you any kind of a partial refund for no instructions.  

I'd say if you want to use that service again, don't mess with it, as it is going to get you labeled as a "problem customer."  If you have no intention of using either service again, knock yourself out.

I also realized that the remove before flight cardboard is missing which again did not state in the page.

ya regarding the part:

In regard to second-hand goods, although we perform product checks,  there may be fine dirt, damage etc. other than the description. The value of the state differs, especially depending on the viewer, of second - hand goods.  Please refrain from your order if you are looking for nervous people and goods.

what I understand is the condition like scratches dirt etc. But they did not state that anything was missing.

It sounds to me like you bought it "as-is," so you're kind of stuck with what you have.  If you bought any kind of product checking/validation service from FromJapan, then you might have a leg to stand on with them (depending on their interpretation of what it is you bought).  If you skipped on that, then I'd say you're definitely SoL.  But you could always try contacting them, see what they say. 

Again, I'd caution pushing too hard if you want to use their service again.

Unfortunately, I think @HardlyNever is on point. FromJapan is a proxy service and they will notify you if something happens to the item when shipping from the domestic shop to their warehouse. For such cases, they will work with you to make it right. Otherwise, you are beholden to the domestic shop's policies.

Rakuten is more of an e-commerce site like Amazon. The descriptions for items at that site do not always include complete details like you see on auction sites (like eBay or Yahoo). I think that is why Rakuten provides the stipulation that the "state" of any used items might differ from their posted description. To me, this means that there could be missing parts and paperwork, as well as scratches and defects.

Anyway, in my own experience, I've received Valkyries with physical defects from Rakuten. Buying used can be easier on the wallet, but it is still a gamble of sorts and it sucks when things go sideways. I ended up using my bum purchases as parts Valkyries in the end. The up side, in your case, is that you are only missing paperwork. That isn't as bad as a physical defect. You might even be able to get a copy of the instructions if you really need them on hand to learn the transformation.

Edited by technoblue

1 hour ago, mamboeidos said:

guys check with u all. recently I got a set of open 262 with the add-on part through fromjapan. When I received it, the instructions for 262 was missing.

SV-262

So not sure about what I do can about it? Because the descriptions did not say anything about the instruction sheet missing. 

Please understand that FJ is just a proxy and all they do is just be a middle man between a random person in Japan and you. Please double check the description and Photo. Sometimes it put a very vague disclaimer that kind of protect them. If ever there are intentional wrong description, FJ will help you if you use the Buyer protection plan. I did a dispute with them when such thing was implemented and got my previous account banned.

At the end of the day, imo, it is just a missing instruction and not a broken toy.

2 hours ago, mamboeidos said:

SV-262

Instructions from Bandai's website:

http://bandainamco-bcpombucket1.s3.amazonaws.com/docs/answers/url/4549660087496.pdf

Precaution statement when transforming:

http://support.bandai.co.jp/ci/fattach/get/70/1490317713/redirect/1/filename/DX超合金 ドラケンⅢ注意喚起画像.pdf

If those don't work try this one (3rd one is for the Lil Drakens and missile pods):

http://support.bandai.co.jp/app/answers/list/st/5/kw/SV-262/p/75/page/1/mokuteki/~any~

Get Google translate for your phone/computer to get the gist of it.

Edited by wmkjr

10 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

It sounds to me like you bought it "as-is," so you're kind of stuck with what you have.  If you bought any kind of product checking/validation service from FromJapan, then you might have a leg to stand on with them (depending on their interpretation of what it is you bought).  If you skipped on that, then I'd say you're definitely SoL.  But you could always try contacting them, see what they say. 

Again, I'd caution pushing too hard if you want to use their service again.

yup just contacted them with pics regarding this and see wat they say. If they said it is sold as per pic then i have nothing to say. Not going to push hard on this issue 

10 hours ago, chyll2 said:

Please understand that FJ is just a proxy and all they do is just be a middle man between a random person in Japan and you. Please double check the description and Photo. Sometimes it put a very vague disclaimer that kind of protect them. If ever there are intentional wrong description, FJ will help you if you use the Buyer protection plan. I did a dispute with them when such thing was implemented and got my previous account banned.

At the end of the day, imo, it is just a missing instruction and not a broken toy.

u r just doing what is right n since u have the buyer protection plan and they just ban u? then wat happen to ur purchase regarding the protection plan?

9 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Instructions from Bandai's website:

http://bandainamco-bcpombucket1.s3.amazonaws.com/docs/answers/url/4549660087496.pdf

Precaution statement when transforming:

http://support.bandai.co.jp/ci/fattach/get/70/1490317713/redirect/1/filename/DX超合金 ドラケンⅢ注意喚起画像.pdf

If those don't work try this one (3rd one is for the Lil Drakens and missile pods):

http://support.bandai.co.jp/app/answers/list/st/5/kw/SV-262/p/75/page/1/mokuteki/~any~

Get Google translate for your phone/computer to get the gist of it.

thanks man ! the scans r great

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Andy NYK said:

191_2036_s_gi8o0x2nzqu72lmbfgohhr3coq6w.jpg

I really hope if they ever do release a DX, they outline/shadow the crests on the wings, and don't do like the anniversary YF-29, where it's "white printed on very slightly off-white".   The logo/design is far too cool, to be invisible.  

I actually realized that the Ba variant has same (or similar) head sculpt as one if the 17 valks. 

Note: I could post it right now if I had the time to look for it; however I'm on break at work.

Edit: It's the plain Nightmare version

Edited by borgified