Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

53 minutes ago, seti88 said:

#Metoo :lol:

#Notme :lol:

24 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Is anyone going to buy a squadron's worth for the sake of screen accuracy and well... being a collector ^_^

Well, it really depends if Bandai will release individual Ba's tampo printed with corresponding pilot markings or release just one Ba with sticker sheet and leave the customer customize it. Now you being a collector, would you rather have a full squadron of stickers applied DX Valks knowing that your DX Delta squadron set have all tampo markings? :rolleyes:

Oh, and I'm pretty sure not all of them is going to be screen accurate -- looking at Siegfried's Grim Reaper and Knight emblem. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Is anyone going to buy a squadron's worth for the sake of screen accuracy and well... being a collector ^_^

Back when we only knew about the Keith Custom, regular Ba’s and then later the White Knights I was going to buy six total.

I suppose six is still in the cards but not two of the green Ba’s anymore.

Edited by Mommar

39 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

#Notme :lol:

Well, it really depends if Bandai will release individual Ba's tampo printed with corresponding pilot markings or release just one Ba with sticker sheet and leave the customer customize it. Now you being a collector, would you rather have a full squadron of stickers applied DX Valks knowing that your DX Delta squadron set have all tampo markings? :rolleyes:

Oh, and I'm pretty sure not all of them is going to be screen accurate -- looking at Siegfried's Grim Reaper and Knight emblem. :ph34r:

It's possible they will have individual releases seeing as the 31's did. But on the flip side, the Draken isn't as popular as the Siegfried. Maybe they would worry that the BA wouldn't sell well like the Kieth variant. Shame really it's a good looking valk. I'm sure they will look good regardless. ;)

15 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Back when we only knew about the Keith Custom, regular Ba’s and then later the White Knights I was going to buy six total.

I suppose six is still in the cards but not two of the green Ba’s anymore.

I'll probably just stick with my two Keith types. I have the Arad 31s pre ordered too so that could go next to one of them. I kinda dig the 31a over everything else, so I'll probably pick a 3rd up and burn in macross hell for my greed later :lol:

1 hour ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Dont think so... 

By having a Keith custom, another 262 in green or white w different head is not very appealing to me. 

I could consider a Mirage custom if her role in the movie is massively kicking derrieres...  Otherwise it will be another pass

1 hour ago, RealJayDee said:

Dont think so... 

By having a Keith custom, another 262 in green or white w different head is not very appealing to me. 

I could consider a Mirage custom if her role in the movie is massively kicking derrieres...  Otherwise it will be another pass

She apparently has a sword fight with Bogue.

I'm not crazy enough to buy a full squadron worth but I'd be in for an Aerial Knights Ba (don't really care which one), Mirage Ba and maybe a cannon fodder variant or Elvis custom. Fortunately for my wallet they probably won't make that many :p 

I'm still half convinced that they either can't figure out how to make the Ba head sturdy enough to release that version, or they are sitting there with a field of daisies and going "Tampo them all.. sticker them all.. tampo... sticker.."  for days on end. :lol:  They really set themselves up for failure there, because, between the individual markings being so completely indistinguishable on screen, and the pilots being just as indistinguishable in the plot, I don't think anyone actually cares enough to bother with the entire set.

I don't care one way or the other, I really just want Bandai to release a matching pearly Ba 1/72 version so I can mix and match the parts on the models.  If we get DXs in those schemes, great!  But I'm thinking they may be feeling the burn from the "enemy mechs don't sell well" problem. 

Whatever the reason, I'm pretty sure anyone not Keith is even father back in the queue than Chuck.

On 3/8/2018 at 2:37 PM, Chronocidal said:

I'm still half convinced that they either can't figure out how to make the Ba head sturdy enough to release that version, or they are sitting there with a field of daisies and going "Tampo them all.. sticker them all.. tampo... sticker.."  for days on end. :lol:  They really set themselves up for failure there, because, between the individual markings being so completely indistinguishable on screen, and the pilots being just as indistinguishable in the plot, I don't think anyone actually cares enough to bother with the entire set.

I take it that there's been no DX Ba announced yet? Not even with the movie release?

It would be pretty easy to release a single Ba with decals to cover all the individual families. IIRC, the family insignias only show up on the wings on an unpainted section of the hull, no? Whatever the case, a Bandai Ba would be warmly welcomed.

On 3/8/2018 at 2:37 PM, Chronocidal said:

I don't care one way or the other, I really just want Bandai to release a matching pearly Ba 1/72 version so I can mix and match the parts on the models.

They've already released a Ba, or are you talking specifically about a pearlescent version? And yet here we are with still no VF-31A...

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

It would be pretty easy to release a single Ba with decals to cover all the individual families. IIRC, the family insignias only show up on the wings on an unpainted section of the hull, no? Whatever the case, a Bandai Ba would be warmly welcomed.

The only problem is in addition to the family insignia, each of them have their own numbering and accent color on the valk. On the canopy, intakes, wings, and tail fin/shield. 

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

The only problem is in addition to the family insignia, each of them have their own numbering and accent color on the valk. On the canopy, intakes, wings, and tail fin/shield. 

Ah yes, the different striping. Forgot about that.

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

^We call that one here, the ELVIS variant. ^_^ 

And yes, I'll buy that one in a heartbeat than the Green Pope variant. :rolleyes:

A fitting name lol I would have one of each. Gives me an excuse to buy the 31f to go with the 31s and 31a.  3 vs 3 display would look cool.

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

As opposed to all the 262 super packs that didn't come with swords? ;)

I wouldn't dare take it for granted, seeing as how hayate did not have missiles in his super pack whilst mirage has! :D 

Maybe swords will only appear for bogue and mirage 262 parts! 

2 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

A white variant could be interesting

s-l500.jpg

s-l5001.jpg

s-l5002.jpg

Bandai wouldnt be bandai if this did not appear as a p-bandai. It seems too fancy a variation, for bandai to pass making a buck out of it.
On the other hand, it would be welcome to not have any PO madness..

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

^We call that one here, the ELVIS variant. ^_^ 

And yes, I'll buy that one in a heartbeat than the Green Pope variant. :rolleyes:

After looking at mirage's red/white kit version below, white area's on the 262 has a risk of looking a bit bland without panel lining...
Roid's tampo should pull it off i suppose...

I thk the green pope variant in the movie is green against black, instead of green against silver. i hope bandai doesn't plan to release any green/silver anime versions first, prefer a green/black combo over silver.

btw saw this posted by @IXTL over in the models page....

You can see how the Mirage version might look like conceptualized in kit form...

Edited by seti88

Not feeling the colour scheme on Mirage's Ba variant in the battroid version, however the fighter version doesn't look too bad.

On a side note: Is there a reasonable explanation on why the Lil' Drakens are so hard to find these days? The plausible explanations on my theory:

• The add-ons are made in limited quantities (compared to Keith's Ha)
  • Buying them do to the Delta's movie release and the craze of having the Lil' Drakens being used on the 31's on the wing joints 

Too quiet on the SV-262 news front as Bandai is saying nothing in regards to future releases on either the Elvis or the Pope variants; however is there anyone that can verify or correct my theories? Much appreciated.  

Edited by borgified

I think it has a lot to do with the DX releases for the add-on parts (both the SV-262 and VF-31) being web exclusive offerings.  That means only what was pre-ordered got made.  Well, with some exceptions I'm sure, as there always appears to be far more of these things than what you'd expect from a made-to-order item.

But all the add-on parts, since the VF-25 supers have been web exclusives and only available from shops that want to offer this (Nippon Yassan being one of them).  So you're always better off ordering them during the initial offering, rather than waiting for them to trickle out post release.

Edited by mickyg

3 minutes ago, Scyla said:

I can't believe that we only got one Draken but five Siegfried releases. Come on Bandai to the pope head and the Elvis Valkyrie too. :angry:

Agreed, i would like Bandai to release both to help fill out the sv262 ranks a bit. Oh, and hope they throw a NUNS vf-22 in as well at some point. It's definitely worthy.

CsLQny9UAAA1yyS.jpg

7eNMf2U.jpg

Crj9iHDUMAA7geH.jpg

What hits me hardest is that the modeler replaced those godawful gorilla paws with decent-sized hands. (They look to be... 1/100 hands, maybe B-Club resin VF-25/27 hands. EDIT: Yep, from WIP pics it's B-Club, either 1/100 Deathscythe Hell EW hands or 1/72 VF-25G/VF-27Beta hands specifically.) Are the DX's hands roughly the same size as these relative to the rest of the body, or are they larger?

Edited by kajnrig

1 hour ago, IXTL said:

A better looking custom of the 1/72 kit. Much better than the earlier custom and has me looking forward to a DX version.

DYfwZEgV4AAd7yG.jpg large.jpg

DYfwZE3VAAACNSJ.jpg large.jpg

DYfwZEqUQAUjxmm.jpg large.jpg

DYfwZEqVAAAhpnN.jpg large.jpg

I'm starting to like this version more. I wonder if the Mirage's Ba variant in 1/60 will have the Xaos logo in the shield n'est pas?  

8 hours ago, kajnrig said:

What hits me hardest is that the modeler replaced those godawful gorilla paws with decent-sized hands. (They look to be... 1/100 hands, maybe B-Club resin VF-25/27 hands. EDIT: Yep, from WIP pics it's B-Club, either 1/100 Deathscythe Hell EW hands or 1/72 VF-25G/VF-27Beta hands specifically.) Are the DX's hands roughly the same size as these relative to the rest of the body, or are they larger?

The DX's articulated hands are about the same size but the fixed posed hands are a good bit larger.

Articulated

dx chogokin Sv-262 Keith 41

Fixed Pose

dx chogokin Sv-262 Keith 10

12 hours ago, borgified said:

I'm starting to like this version more. I wonder if the Mirage's Ba variant in 1/60 will have the Xaos logo in the shield n'est pas?  

Unless that’s also part of the color scheme code she enters into the 262’s console I don’t think so.  I’d explain why, as far as I understand all of the descriptions of the movie, but there could be spoiler reasons why it wouldn’t be the case.

Also, that custom is too pink.  Mirage is clearly a Maroon color.

Edited by Mommar

27 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Also, that custom is too pink.  Mirage is clearly a Maroon color.

I do agree with you there. The smoke weathering makes it more realistic and it adds more contrast as the first version looks like there's something missing.

11 minutes ago, borgified said:

I do agree with you there. The smoke weathering makes it more realistic and it adds more contrast as the first version looks like there's something missing.

I still really like the way it looks.  It’s just that as a Mirage custom it fails.