Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

7 hours ago, Loop said:

All this HLJ PW talk reminded me I better ship my stuff out :lol:

I had some stuff getting close to 60 days.

HLJ_PW.JPG

I think I will enjoy this box a lot.

Nice haul! I also enjoyed mine too, just got it today after a week held in customs!

Packed the 262+RA and a couple o small misc items but somehow the big box/amt tripped em to hold it...

Edited by seti88

Opened the draken and the protective film peeled ok, no issues!

Its so pretty, bandai is the tampo-king! Details on this valk is crazy....

DSC_7216.thumb.jpg.c24f087c297df19f62dc30881494542b.jpg

I like the etchings on the inside of the intakes... the lines match nicely with the overall look and has an added vibe rather than a blank surface.

DSC_7231.thumb.jpg.d27689fde28f206eb38138a01ae3f0db.jpg

It really looks like a bat outta hell with meatloaf as the pilot..

DSC_7235.thumb.jpg.4f429d68e147196a4f613d4ee8d784f2.jpg

I prefer this over the CF and the way the sharp wings are designed! Bat theme! :D

Edited by seti88

15 hours ago, Loop said:

All this HLJ PW talk reminded me I better ship my stuff out :lol:

I had some stuff getting close to 60 days.

HLJ_PW.JPG

I think I will enjoy this box a lot.

I just received a box containing all of that minus the metal build. 

Today will be a good day :-D

I finally transform mine into Battroid. It really looks nice. Esp the Anubis mode. :wub: But man, those wing hinges are so confusing. Thought I broke one. Whew. Have to check next time I transform it if there's some stress marks. :wacko:

And to be honest, I kinda like this one more than VF-31. ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

Finally got mine after it languished in customs for 8 days in LA.  This is my second 1/60 Bandai Macross valk.  I do really like the tampo printing, and happily no problems with the "protective" film on the wings.  I'm curious how people feel about the price of this valk?  My opinion (having paid 26,150 JPY total) is that Bandai is drifting into Yamato/Arcadia pricing.  I don't have a vf-31 yet (the only one I am remotely interested in is Messers, and then I am done with Delta) and am curious if this valk is 3000 JPY more complicated than the hero valks?  The fighter seems  gappie compared to the yf-29 I have, and very gappie compared to the arcadia/yamato offerings.

Also interested in opinions on the accessory pricing.  There was justified condemnation of the 16000 JPY price on the vf-0 armor.  How do you feel about 10000 for the two drones, sword, shield and leg "armor" for the Draken?   I feel as if the sword and shield should have come with the valk.

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I finally transform mine into Battroid. It really looks nice. Esp the Anubis mode. :wub: But man, those wing hinges are so confusing. Thought I broke one. Whew. Have to check next time I transform it if there's some stress marks. :wacko:

And to be honest, I kinda like this one more than VF-31. ^_^ 

You will like it even more with a sword and a full non-hinge shield! Am eagerly anticipating those and meantime maybe thinking which 1/100 Gundam kit to get for the armaments..

21 minutes ago, auberondreaming said:

Finally got mine after it languished in customs for 8 days in LA.  This is my second 1/60 Bandai Macross valk.  I do really like the tampo printing, and happily no problems with the "protective" film on the wings.  I'm curious how people feel about the price of this valk?  My opinion (having paid 26,150 JPY total) is that Bandai is drifting into Yamato/Arcadia pricing.  I don't have a vf-31 yet (the only one I am remotely interested in is Messers, and then I am done with Delta) and am curious if this valk is 3000 JPY more complicated than the hero valks?  The fighter seems  gappie compared to the yf-29 I have, and very gappie compared to the arcadia/yamato offerings.

Also interested in opinions on the accessory pricing.  There was justified condemnation of the 16000 JPY price on the vf-0 armor.  How do you feel about 10000 for the two drones, sword, shield and leg "armor" for the Draken?   I feel as if the sword and shield should have come with the valk.

Macross in general is pricey. But I don't want to pay even pricier after market prices. if perhaps global licensing was available then bandai might be able to hedge their costs across a wider audience and lower their prices thru more improved distribution channels..but that's an old story...it is what it is for the foreseeable future...

On the pack, I would have wanted to get It even without the sword as those lil drakens would be a nice addition flying side by side with the draken..I don't plan to leave it on the wingtips but let's see...

1 hour ago, Duymon said:

Wow did this guy just not sell well? It's still on sale at HLJ, not even low-stock O_O

Yeah, I'm slowly getting back into the game (collecting) and I snag one from HLJ yesterday and as of now it's still available. Not too many folks wanted this particular model, which is good for folks like myself. 

35 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I thk anyone into valks should get this..it's the first and only so far single fuselage/thruster dx valk!

plus it hazz a shield on its arm..How cool is that! Hehe...

To be fair, almost every VF since the VF-11 had an arm shield. But this is the first that is also a stabilizer and has a fancy design. 

On 4/6/2017 at 11:42 AM, Chronocidal said:

I did have that thought myself, wouldn't be hard to imagine Batman flying a solid black one of these.

looks at 1/72 kit versions      Hmmmmmm... :D

That was my thought as well when I transformed mine to GERWALK mode.

I thought to myself, "Paint this black and this would be a valk that Batman would be proud to fly."

4 hours ago, auberondreaming said:

Yeah. All the option parts now esp if it's coming from Bandai is too way overpriced. They're taking advantage of that 'Web Exclusive' method. I mean, even if you're living in Japan, paying extra like a 1/2 of the actual product for a option part is too crazy. But in the end, they just do it because they can. Sad but true.

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

You will like it even more with a sword and a full non-hinge shield! Am eagerly anticipating those and meantime maybe thinking which 1/100 Gundam kit to get for the armaments..

Oh for sure. I'm also wishing they would release Roid's Draken soon. Don't mind if that's an exclusive as long that it's a complete set including the Sword and the Lil Drakens. Think of it like VF-171 Maruyama released set. ^_^ 

2 hours ago, Valkyrie2008 said:

The SV-262 didn't strike me at first, but it quickly grew on me so I pick one up right a way.

And now, I'm deciding if I should get a second one. Hahaha! :lol: If only there's no future Valk announcements, I'll bite. 

I just only wish that they should have somehow made the Wing/Back bracket diecast. There's too much hinges and rotation going on there. 

Edited by no3Ljm

It was just the other day I went to order the Lil Draken set but on checkout it worked out to exactly half the cost of what I paid for the actual Draken (including shipping) and I found myself unable to pull the trigger on it.. Yeah the parts are cool but im just not sure if I want them enough to justify their cost. 

18 minutes ago, spanner said:

It was just the other day I went to order the Lil Draken set but on checkout it worked out to exactly half the cost of what I paid for the actual Draken (including shipping) and I found myself unable to pull the trigger on it.. Yeah the parts are cool but im just not sure if I want them enough to justify their cost. 

it comes with two ghost with retractable landing gears, that seals the deal for me. I'm a sucker for good landing gears.

3 hours ago, spanner said:

maybe you just need to buy 2 to save on shipping so it will look cheaper?

40 minutes ago, Graham said:

Hey, I resemble that remark.......LOL 

my bad, I should've said 3 instead, what was I thinking.^_^

24 minutes ago, brannon said:

i did. Buy 2 that is. should have bought three to make it look really cheap.

this:p

5 hours ago, Valkyrie2008 said:

it comes with two ghost with retractable landing gears, that seals the deal for me. I'm a sucker for good landing gears.

yeah I do love the fact it comes with good looking landing gear but as a whole package I think the parts set are a bit pricey. I just need a little more time to think about it.

1 hour ago, F360 said:

maybe you just need to buy 2 to save on shipping so it will look cheaper?

yeah that's an idea. I'll have to discuss this with someone and see if they want to buy their set with mine and we'll share the shipping costs..

On 4/3/2017 at 4:25 PM, Pedro2k6 said:

My Sv-262 is still at custom...EMS shipping and it's has been on custom For 8 days...and I gonna have to pay taxes.

Either way.... I got a second unit on cdjapan. :)

Same here. This time was DHL Global Services :(

10 hours ago, Master Dex said:

To be fair, almost every VF since the VF-11 had an arm shield. But this is the first that is also a stabilizer and has a fancy design. 

Hehe the Pre-draken valks shields be like...

Battle_of_Ananulbizar.thumb.jpg.cd889afcbd40dd4cdcae1d976d7bb679.jpg

talking to you yf-19 :p.......

and then the draken shield be like...

NEIu239OCAWNMI_1_b.jpg.864663a32de08febe7f8b7143e5aa37e.jpg

thats what you call a shield! hahaha...:D:D:p

Edited by seti88

thanks for that but I just bit the bullet and ordered one at NY.. the overall price is a tad lower as is their EMS shipping charge and even with MyK's 50% deposit now and pay later I'd still have to pay the balance so I figured it was easier to knock it over in full now.

My worry was umming and ahhing about it for too long and potentially missing out on a better price. 

Edited by spanner

44 minutes ago, spanner said:

yeah I do love the fact it comes with good looking landing gear but as a whole package I think the parts set are a bit pricey. I just need a little more time to think about it.

yeah that's an idea. I'll have to discuss this with someone and see if they want to buy their set with mine and we'll share the shipping costs..

Yeah. I really agree that option parts are getting expensive to the point that it's almost the same price as the actual figure. Come to think of it, 2 Lil Draken sets are almost the same price as the Draken itself. <_< And speaking of Draken, I'm still contemplating on getting another one. Hahaha! :lol: 

16 minutes ago, spanner said:

NY was still the cheapest for the Drakens parts set yes?

As for the item itself, yes. And if you choose EMS it's Y1000+ cheaper than MyKombini.

4 minutes ago, Atheonyirh said:

I went with MyKombini for the 50% deposit rather than 100%.

TBH, even if it kills my wallet, I rather pay 100% for these Tamashii Web Exclusive stuff so you don't have to worry later on. Well, that is, assuming I have extra budget. :lol: 

But since I know that I need it then, yeah, so be it and pay the whole thing. But if MyKombini offers Pay Later for the TWE like NY used to have before, then I'll order all the TWE stuff from them. ;)