Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

The first time I put it into gerwalk I was worried that those pieces couldn't take the stress of clipping them together. While they do provide sturdiness and hold the two halves together I don't plan on ever clipping them together again. I'll just rest the pegs on the clips.

8 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Just out of curiosity, does the toy even need that connection?  I'm just wondering.  I don't have access to mine at the moment, but I'm browsing through the 1/72 model instructions online, and noticing how much simpler and more straightforward the model transformation is, and it doesn't have anything even resembling those clips. 

Granted it's not as sturdy as the DX, but what's shocking to me is how many fewer parts the model seems to use, and how much easier it is to transform.

so far mine is staying in gerwalk w/o it connected. It's gripping on the the piece circled in red here.

clip_sv626hs.jpg

1 hour ago, Lorindor said:

*sigh*

Was that really needed...? <_<

Welcome to MacrossWorld sir! :friends:

1 hour ago, vfxraven19 said:

Anyone have this piece break? Ugh! And i was careful too! Could be a production flaw. :(

IMG_20170405_090334.jpg

Sorry to see this. Guess, that bar really need some sanding.

41 minutes ago, Atheonyirh said:

Oh wow. I was pretty sure that piece WAS made of diecast for some reason.

I thought so too.

21 minutes ago, Atheonyirh said:

That piece provides a lot of rigidity and securing for the Draken in at least gerwalk mode. Not sure how necessary it is for battroid though. Just one more reason I'm glad I don't really intend to ever take mine OUT of gerwalk mode.

Ha! So you're going to do a Spanner move now? Buy each one for each mode so no more scary transformations? ;) 

14 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Suppose I'm glad I'm not a huge fan of gerwalk for the 262, since I think that's the only mode that uses it. 

Wonder if it would even be possible to replace that part though, the whole thing there looks like it would be nearly impossible to remove the broken one.

I'm thinking it might be worth sanding down the insides of those clips to loosen the grip though, just to lessen the risk of those tabs snapping off when clipping them in or out.

Might do the same thing tonight. Hope I don't sand too much. Hehehe. :lol:

That's an idea to sand them down. I have tiny magnets I can glue to those sections, put 2 where the pegs were, and put w where the "C" clips are. Or the other thought was to see if I can drill through the piece and install a metal bar of less or equal thickness and replace the plastic pegs.

Yikes that's going to be fun to fix. 

Best bet is to super glue it in place, then after that cures drill a hole from the top down, perpendicular to the crack. Then insert a pin and glue it. Might end up stronger than the original :0

Considering the sizes of the parts involved, I'm worried you'd do more damage to the piece trying to drill into it.  If the piece didn't need to be U-shaped to fit around something, a better option would probably be to make a solid pin all the way across the part.

Actually, if you can manage to get that folding plate out entirely, you might be better replacing it with a new part.  Making it would require a lot of fine shaping and drilling though, probably some high end manufacturing.

13 minutes ago, vfxraven19 said:

I'm going to try using SureHold glue first. I haven't transformed the Draken III to battroid yet... I cannot refer to the instructions since I am at work, but are those "C" hooks used in any other transformation mode besides gerwalk?

Just Gerwalk.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

! So you're going to do a Spanner move now? Buy each one for each mode so no more scary transformations? ;) 

Oh god no. I don't have the money for that. I just like gerwalk mode the most so I had always intended to leave it that way. If I get the white version that people keep talking about coming eventually I'll either putt hat one in gerwalk and revert Keith's to fighter mode, or leave Keith's in gerwalk and the white one in fighter mode. Just depends on how they end up looking.

42 minutes ago, Atheonyirh said:

Oh god no. I don't have the money for that. I just like gerwalk mode the most so I had always intended to leave it that way. If I get the white version that people keep talking about coming eventually I'll either putt hat one in gerwalk and revert Keith's to fighter mode, or leave Keith's in gerwalk and the white one in fighter mode. Just depends on how they end up looking.

This is the only way to display those two Drakens. ^_^

Picture13.jpg

I'm guess there's lots of people that's releasing these from their private warehouse purchase.  Price seems to be dropping below msrp on these. 

perhaps the price will go back up when VF-31F gets release, and or when the Lildrakens weapons set releases.

1 hour ago, Zx31 said:

Where was this stated?

It's something I've seen thrown around a lot. I do not know the original source(s). I think it's mentioned in most informational texts about the Draken III tied to Delta. Someone like Seto Kaiba or sketchley would probably know more? 

26 minutes ago, F360 said:

I'm guess there's lots of people that's releasing these from their private warehouse purchase.  Price seems to be dropping below msrp on these. 

perhaps the price will go back up when VF-31F gets release, and or when the Lildrakens weapons set releases.

You can't drop items from private warehouse, they're already bought and paid for.

8 minutes ago, jenius said:

You can't drop items from private warehouse, they're already bought and paid for.

You still can cancel it as 'returns'. It's 100% refundable if it's done within 10 days after payment. But past 10 days, you will get 85% in-store credit as per HLJ's Returns, Refunds, Cancellations Policy.

Edited by no3Ljm

2 minutes ago, jenius said:

I don't think so, you can return after 10 days of delivery... Private warehouse items aren't delivered yet. 

Here's what it said based on the link I provided.

Private Warehouse cancellation policy: Private Warehouse items are already paid for, so they cannot be "cancelled." Private Warehouse items can be processed as returns, however, and we will issue a 100% cash refund for the cost of returned Private Warehouse merchandise up to 10 days from the original date of your payment. After 10 days a full refund is not possible, but we will issue an 85% store credit for the item amount, which will be applied to your next transactions. Once an item is shipped, returns are also possible as per our returns policy (see above).

20 minutes ago, jenius said:

I'm surprised you didn't know about this, but yeah pretty much what "No2Ljm said.

I have returned items from my private warehouse a couple of times, before the 10 days was full refund. and after was 85% hlj Credit.

I'm sure there were many reopening of sold out items that were from those private warehouses.  

And there's one more thing too. If your item reached the 60 days, and you have pass the deadline to pay the requested shipping charges for that item, HLJ will treat your item as a return and credit you back 85% in hlj credit.  You account and your other preorder items might or not get affected .

Not certain where the V comes from (aside from the obvious "variable"), but I think several of the Macross Zero materials translated specified that the original Sv-51 was a product of several companies including Sukhoi, which makes sense given the look of the plane.

How or why this particular Anti-UN faction survived Space War I and went on to keep producing variable fighters is anyone's guess, but judging by the fact that they've appeared in Macross: The Ride with an updated Sv-51, and two new designs in Delta, they're alive and kicking.

And I still want to see someone make the Sv-154.  That one's got me even more intrigued about the transformation than when we first saw the Draken III.

Edited by Chronocidal

5 minutes ago, F360 said:

nice, looks like a 5000 yen Fedex shipment.

Actualy it was a bit more, the shipping prices seem to have risen across the board at this moment. I dunno if Jet fuel went up or what but jeez. It cost me 7620 Yen and the Fedex price was higher.

Edited by Loop

1 minute ago, Loop said:

Actualy it was a bit more, the shipping prices seem to have risen across the board at this moment. I dunno if Jet fuel went up or what but jeez. It costed me 7620 Yen and the Fedex price was higher.

yike, I didn't even notice you got 2 Reactive armor, those mofo takes alot of space.  Yeah, I just checked my Pw too and sure enough everything seems to be priced a bit higher. 

Just now, F360 said:

yike, I didn't even notice you got 2 Reactive armor, those mofo takes alot of space.  Yeah, I just checked my Pw too and sure enough everything seems to be priced a bit higher. 

I shipped a little box to Tokyo Fedex Eco with my job's Fedex discount and it cost me $40. I used the most efficient box I could find for the product and it was very small.

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Considering they weren't actually called "Valkyries" until the VF-1, and the Sv-51 has the same designation, I'd doubt that's what the original stood for.

As I previously mentioned, the SV in SV-51 did not have this meaning. It's supposedly something more like "Sukhoi variable".

Confound it! My package containing my DX SV-262 from CD Japan was sent by our local Post Office back to Japan!!! WTH! This is the first time our local Post Office did that. >-(

Anybody experience something like this before? Now I have to pay CD Japan again for the shipping cost to have it re-sent back to me. This would have been my first Delta Valk too. :-(