Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

54 minutes ago, valhary said:

I just noticed the cockpit no has control panel or screen, so is accurate to the anime/line art or is only poor job by bandai?

The the inside of whole canopy is the screen/pop up control panels etc.

17 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I think I recall those barrel covers being retractable, actually.  For the kit though, I can understand why they left them out, since it would further complicate the way the arm attaches behind the cockpit.

Aren't there doors molded onto the DX? Mine's in battroid mode and I don't feel like transforming it right now, but I think I remember those being there.

53 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Didnt want to take any chances so i opened my second copy just to make sure the tampo wasnt bad and it was fine... now i wish i hadnt opened it :lol:

But could you abide the notion of a Schrödinger's Draken?...:p

Took a few pictures last night with some armaments borrowed from my 1/100 IBO kits.

Barbatos's mace, Grimgerde's twin swords, Vidar's twin pistols and burst saber, the wrench mace, and Barbatos Lupus Rex's ultra-large mace.

Sorry for crappy lighting and phone pictures, but you get a good enough look at it with some melee weapons.

IMG_2184.JPG

IMG_2185.JPG

IMG_2186.JPG

IMG_2187.JPG

IMG_2188.JPG

IMG_2189.JPG

Edited by iguanaman8989

2 of my fav anime exports combined ^_^ Timing is just nice for a macross delta x gundam ibo crossover, esp with melee fighting mecha!

Dual pistol wield pose opportunity galore!..hehe....Noticed you had the lupus rex, i thk his latest mace like sword would be cool as well...
edit*sorry i meant the mace that came with the lupus and not the rex version...

58e3c7d77e615_images(1).jpg.8bda962cfb424f5618279ad497a7e402.jpg

Seems an extra reason to consider an IBO 1/100 scale, and here i was trying to limit myself...

Edited by seti88

20 hours ago, chyll2 said:

Finally got to play with mine. Solid toy but really scary to transform out of the box. The joints are really stiff.

17758619_10155522522189523_5253450529619587270_o.jpg

17493167_10155522521184523_5675242863220791479_o.jpg

The transformation video from scorched earth was one of the most terrifying and difficult undertakings I think I've ever seen!

While fighting with mine to get it into gerwalk, I accidentally screwed up one of the wing pivots. I think I put too much pressure the wrong direction. Going to look at it later and see if some super glue or nail polish will help.

Nothing's broken, but there's no friction in the joint anymore. It's fine in fighter and battroid since the wings lock down, but will fall backward in gerwalk.

I really do enjoy the toy, it's just an overly complicated mess that isn't really fun or intuitive to transform. (When I got my 31J, I'd transform it and repose at least once a day. This one, not so much,)

Edited by iguanaman8989

I went straight to Battroid on mine and got really stressed out with the wings and arms twisting bit, felt like the wings were always in the way when attempting to move the arms up and rotating the whole assembly. 

I have to admit though, the amount of engineering that went into making sure it all worked, is nothing short of astounding.

9 hours ago, Giantman said:

What do the different designations VF, YF, SV etcetera stand for?  VF is variable fighter, correct?

Yes, VF is variable fighter. The Y in YF signifies a prototype in conformation with real life US military aircraft designations. When a variable fighter goes from prototype phase to mass production, the designation changes from YF to VF (and sometimes the number changes, like in the YF-21/VF-22 case). The SV in SV-51 is apparently just a way to show that it was made by the Sukhoi Company. The Sv in Sv-262 stands for Slayer Valkyrie and means a variable fighter that is specialized in taking out other variable fighters (and it is also likely meant as a sort of homage to the SV-51, since there's in-universe historical ties between the fighters).

There's also VA = variable attacker, VB = variable bomber and VT = variable trainer. I don't think the Protodeviln Fz, FBz and Az designations have ever been explained. 

Edited by Lorindor

^ Oh wait. So it's not 'Veritech Fighter' for VF?! :ph34r:

9 hours ago, chaff.g said:

Is it possible to pose the cannon over the shoulder in battroid mode?

Maybe if you can get some of those Kotobukiya Mecha Supply Joint Set A or B and customize it, maybe it can. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

31 minutes ago, vfxraven19 said:

Anyone have this piece break? Ugh! And i was careful too! Could be a production flaw. :(

That little mechanism is so stupid tiny, I can only call that an "our engineers are idiots" flaw. <_<

Could they really not come up with anything better that doesn't rely on a pair of tiny plastic clips??  Seriously...

That entire structure should have been made of metal, and it should have been made with blocky pegs that fit into hollow sockets, not tiny little round plastic pegs that clip into equally tiny plastic clips.  And here I thought we'd gotten past the pants-on-head designs of the 171...

Edit: Oh, and joy of joys... the entire thing is riveted together.  Where's the "slamming my face into a brick wall" smiley when you need it?

Edited by Chronocidal

Just out of curiosity, does the toy even need that connection?  I'm just wondering.  I don't have access to mine at the moment, but I'm browsing through the 1/72 model instructions online, and noticing how much simpler and more straightforward the model transformation is, and it doesn't have anything even resembling those clips. 

Granted it's not as sturdy as the DX, but what's shocking to me is how many fewer parts the model seems to use, and how much easier it is to transform.

3 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Just out of curiosity, does the toy even need that connection?  I'm just wondering.  I don't have access to mine at the moment, but I'm browsing through the 1/72 model instructions online, and noticing how much simpler and more straightforward the model transformation is, and it doesn't have anything even resembling those clips. 

Granted it's not as sturdy as the DX, but what's shocking to me is how many fewer parts the model seems to use, and how much easier it is to transform.

That piece provides a lot of rigidity and securing for the Draken in at least gerwalk mode. Not sure how necessary it is for battroid though. Just one more reason I'm glad I don't really intend to ever take mine OUT of gerwalk mode.

As I supposed the support mechanism must done in diecast, plastic no matter if is made of the best quality just cant handle 

Is a shame the bandai mistake because a new transformation looked so promising but seems we have a valk that never should be changed between modes

Suppose I'm glad I'm not a huge fan of gerwalk for the 262, since I think that's the only mode that uses it. 

Wonder if it would even be possible to replace that part though, the whole thing there looks like it would be nearly impossible to remove the broken one.

I'm thinking it might be worth sanding down the insides of those clips to loosen the grip though, just to lessen the risk of those tabs snapping off when clipping them in or out.