Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

32 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

quick question for those that have them and opened it.  are the valks at all oily? i remember some of the early frontier era valks were oily (though it wasn't consistent chornologically etc) due to bandai and or its factory not removing mold release grease completely.  some error like that would also lead to paint not sticking well and it sucks to handle an oily valk too.  the only other thing i could think of as to why that tampo is coming off is that it simply wasn't cured yet when they applied the film....even more bone headed a move.  hopefully its just a small percentage with this issue.

The gunpod on mine was a little oily. Nothing else though, and no tampo issues on mine.

I love how USPS will offer to send you tracking updates on your packages, and then forget to update your package's status for a full week.  Last update I received was that it arrived at LAX last Saturday morning, and now it's apparently out for delivery today. :p

Guess I get to play tampo roulette when I get home. If I find out I got a bad one, I might be tempted to strip the markings entirely, and repaint them in something sturdier.

2 hours ago, snakerbot said:

The gunpod on mine was a little oily. Nothing else though, and no tampo issues on mine.

Mine was oily on the stab/shield, under the film on the inside and outside surfaces. No paint stripping as a result though. 

On 3/29/2017 at 7:31 AM, valhary said:

I try the gundam kimaris (1/100) spear and not look bad at all because is almost the same blue maybe painted with a gold and gives more medieval knight appearance

IMG_2308.JPG

I think the YF-25 Paladin wants a jousting match with your SV-262.:p 

BxQtTGXIAAAq9GS.jpg:small

Nice work!  Mine is still sitting in fighter on my desk.  I'm a bit timid about transforming it, not just because it's supposed to be tricky, but because it's been so busy lately and having it partially transformed between breaks in work, seems like it's a recipe for breakage.

I'd say you're not wrong, the mechanisms in it feel quite a bit less developed than on the 31.  I was surprised to see a big all-plastic joint section that the arm structure rotates around.

Got mine after work, and will say phew that is a mess of little panels.  I will say without a doubt that where the DX VF-31 fits together better than the 1/72 model, the reverse is true for the 262.  The model has a few different joint structures that allow for some wiggle room, and everything fits nearly seamlessly, while the DX is rather gappy all over.  I spent the better part of an hour going back and forth over all the joints trying to get things lined up, and the hips never really move around enough to line up nicely with the wings and intakes.

Maybe after a few transformations, things will loosen up a bit.  I moved the hips around back and forth a bit, and even loosened the screws on them a little to get more play, but so far, they don't want to mesh nicely.  Once my second one arrives, whichever one fits better is staying in fighter mode, while the other goes on display in battroid.  That transformation is intense, especially flipping the hips around past the intakes.  I finally figured out a nice method to slip past them, but whew. :lol:

Overall a beautiful bird though, no damage that I've seen so far.  I was incredibly careful fooling with the transformation, and never really went all the way to gerwalk, but I can probably do it instructionless by now.

By the way, I know the forward fist loves to pop out of its socket, but has anyone else repeatedly popped off the forearm with the guns?  It's meant to slide on a track, but mine doesn't like staying on while I pull out the arm.

Haven't had time to transform mine yet but I love the fighter. Although the VF-25 is one of my favorite valkyrie designs, it's refreshing to have something that is a radical departure from it and its descendants. 

More importantly, no peeling tampo issues on mine. Still have one in PW though, so I still get a shot at being screwed by Bandai. :p

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Haven't had time to transform mine yet but I love the fighter. Although the VF-25 is one of my favorite valkyrie designs, it's refreshing to have something that is a radical departure from it and its descendants. 

More importantly, no peeling tampo issues on mine. Still have one in PW though, so I still get a shot at being screwed by Bandai. :p

:lol::lol: Thats how I feel, I have a second one coming today from HLJ and I fully expect it to have problems. 

My order from Cdjapan came in yesterday , no tampo issues .  Those clear plastic were very sticky.  They also have a shipping box thats just right for dx chogokin , about a inch bigger .  

sv262.jpg.6a43096141bc7e2902cfe948b39895af.jpg

Edited by F360

Got mine a few days ago, but have only mange to take it out and whoosh it around a little. I'm not sure if it dues to initial miss-transformation but the top spine of the fighter seem skewed (not straight). Anyone else notice this? I'm hoping it's something that can be corrected when i transformed back into fighter.

51 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Got mine a few days ago, but have only mange to take it out and whoosh it around a little. I'm not sure if it dues to initial miss-transformation but the top spine of the fighter seem skewed (not straight). Anyone else notice this? I'm hoping it's something that can be corrected when i transformed back into fighter.

Mine looked like this out of the box

AAD6B446-E107-47F9-8AEC-2F074B4958B0.jpg

Mine's got some alignment issues with the arms as well, partly that the right arm doesn't like pushing all the way forward against the cockpit, and partly that the arms seem like they're slightly twisted, and won't line up exactly.

I expect it's going to take a few transformations before everything meshes.  There are so many little joints that can move in so many ways, it's really just plastic origami.

On the other hand, I'm rather thrilled to say Bandai finally made a successfully functioning split-tail for a transforming aircraft.  It snaps together firmly, doesn't flop open, and doesn't fall over at all once locked together.

Quick pic of mine.

Have some slight alignment issues on the 'arm part' in fighter as someone else also mentioned .... Maybe you can realign it when transforming it.

Not transformed it since I received it though... Don't plan to either until I get another one to "play around". I'll leave that one in fighter mode nice and minty...... I showed it to a few peeps, some did not like the design one bit. (Prob just envious.....:D)

Pain in the backside transformation & gaps aside, I really dig its looks. (could also mention the lack of die-cast...it's a supposed to be a 'Chogokin' right? hope it's not going to become a habit, we have Yamarcadia for the plastic VFs, ) 

image.jpg

Really like the look of fighter mode.

Gerwalk, not so much and one time getting it into that mode is enough.

Battroid actually looks surprisingly good, better in person that it does in the photos, IMO.

No regrets burying a second one to permanently keep in Battroid mode.

7 hours ago, spanner said:

I do really like the design of the Draken's fighter mode but the execution of the toy in that mode to me doesn't quite live up to the design.

Personally i think the colors and paint design are odd but the jet itself looks good.  Ill end up picking it up if it goes on sale

1 hour ago, monishb said:

Personally i think the colors and paint design are odd but the jet itself looks good.  Ill end up picking it up if it goes on sale

I wasn't a fan of it, either. I pretty much detest gold coloring, unless it's used sparsely, and this thing is plastered with it. But, in hand it's not as gaudy, at least to me, and the pattern and break-up of the gold against the dark blue looks sharp. It's grown on me, and I find it rather striking. Still, it would have looked even better if they'd gone with a Su-27 blue and dark grey camo scheme.:wub:

So after messing with the parts alignment on my 262 some last night, I realized both what was keeping the arm from meshing properly under the back of the cockpit, and what was keeping the hips from meshing nicely with the intakes and wings.  I also managed to find probably the most structurally troubling joint I've seen in a valk in a while.

The fancy double/triple hinge that holds up the wing sections looks like a mess waiting to happen.  Jenius pointed them out a little in his transformation video, where one seemed tighter than the other.  Well, one of mine is insanely tight.. and the entire structure looks like it's made of plastic, with spring pins throughout. 

It took me a lot of massaging to shift around the wing mounts before they would nestle in closely to the forward arm and hips, and I was scratching my head the whole way over why the entire setup is made of little bitty plastic parts.  I hope the materials they used there are incredibly strong, because with how much the wings move around, and how easy it is for them to get in the way of things, I can see those assemblies being extremely easy to break off.

In fact, that's the same part on one of my 1/72 kits that broke.  Caught the wing with my hand during a transformation, and the little cover panel that holds the wing in broke in half.  It still holds together just fine, I just need to glue that panel on permanently instead of snapping it down.

That's why one of my Sv-262's is staying in fighter mode. And my second one has only been transformed once from Fighter to GERWALK to Battroid and will forever remain in Battroid mode.

Anyway, in a moment of post-payday madness, I just ordered a second set of the Lil'Drakens, so both my Keith SV-262's can have the missile packs fitted. yes, my will is weak, I know. But heck does my son really need to go to University????

Just noticed a difference between the DX toy and the 1/72 model kit.

On the model kit, the twin muzzles of the 27mm forearm railguns are exposed in Fighter mode. But on the 1/60 DX toys they are covered. I wonder which is anime accurate?

Just using this opportunity to answer the muzzle gun question and also show the white CF...

It looks in delta, there are nozzle covers/cowls(?) just beind the canopy where the forearm guns plug into, in fighter mode... 

597abc4030274df4ade0171874dd7ff3_th.jpeg.8d49655619233c82085cebe1b3c31adf.jpeg

Am dreaming of a white....draken. just like the ones i used to know....

9b416471c7fd4266ac56d560993a967d_th.jpeg

Edited by seti88