Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

18 hours ago, Mommar said:

What stress marks are you talking about?

Top part of that wing hinge for example.....Not the end of the world, but for something that was only transformed once or twice ( just assumption from my part as it has just been released...).

image.jpg

4 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Top part of that wing hinge for example.....Not the end of the world, but for something that was only transformed once or twice ( just assumption from my part as it has just been released...).

image.jpg

im not so sure that is an actual stress mark as I noticed mine seemed to have the very same light blue color in the very same spot during transformation and I was taking it very slow and careful. 

Also remember that plastic this dark is going to show stress marks like crazy, and a lot of those joints are probably undergoing minor stress just from assembly.  Might not be anything you did, or anything you can prevent, and may not even be related to the motion of the hinge.

15 hours ago, Saburo said:

Thank you 505th, I appreciate the compliment. I have to process the rest of the photos, I just wanted to share at least one of the pics. :D  The gold really stands out in the photos.

Look forward to the full set of pics, you & your camera will be able to balance out that gold perfectly!! B))

The hinges for the feet are disappointing; despite all that room for the feet to be able to flex forward for some really dynamic poses, they stop at 90 degrees from their nozzle position in fighter. Moreover, those ankle flaps barely move to make clearance, and then there's the odd articulated hands that barely hold the gun- these are just a couple of minor issues that keep a good toy from being a great one. IMHO. It also makes me wonder if there was a rush to get this thing into production, and refinements like these were passed over to meet deadlines.

I transformed mine several times through, and it doesn't feel as refined as, say, the VF-19 Advance. It's not as much fun to transform, either. (Those accursed double hinges for the wing roots are a killjoy for me). Of course, YMMV.  Once transformed, however, it looks amazing. Just handle with care in battroid, as that shield will untab and the gun fall out of his hand if you sneeze from across the room.

Edited by M'Kyuun

16 hours ago, spanner said:

This photo is the bomb Saburo!!! Awesome! Perfect for a mobile phone wallpaper! :good:8)

Thanks spanner! Made it just for you ;)

16 hours ago, seti88 said:

Can't wait for the photo shoot! 

Thewait is over. :)

16 hours ago, spanner said:

how sick is this! thanks Saburo! :D

Screenshot_20170326-192638.png

Nice glad you like it spanner!

10 hours ago, sh9000 said:

The pose reminded me of this.

IMG_2770.thumb.JPG.9b0c913de66aee3bf4c9782a606ed986.JPG

I was trying to go for the Aerial Knights Salute, but no salute hand was included. :mellow:

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Look forward to the full set of pics, you & your camera will be able to balance out that gold perfectly!! B))

Here you go. :)

32857606033_654853e4e0_h.jpg

32857605173_9276d751a6_h.jpg

33286669020_ec43e4c482_h.jpg

33286666680_dd1b413a52_h.jpg

33286664550_3ad981ca28_h.jpg

33630031536_0a65f5081b_h.jpg

33630028826_b247bbdbee_h.jpg

33630026736_ab4acdbad4_h.jpg

33630024236_a50efc806d_h.jpg

33630021386_10f49511e7_h.jpg

33630018666_27116cbfc0_h.jpg

33630015436_d83cc8a923_h.jpg

32857588933_d387e9b1fc_h.jpg

33630006386_21ac343da9_h.jpg

33630003956_bfb3cdd3b8_h.jpg

33514252242_a3fcb01069_h.jpg

33514250872_f7769d0c42_h.jpg

33514249342_12eb511c44_h.jpg

33514247282_6d270742b8_h.jpg

33514245662_d1a4351c4e_h.jpg

33514244112_f2e7a9840e_h.jpg

33514242472_f2a9406413_h.jpg

33514240922_f281f1ab3a_h.jpg

Edited by Saburo

Those pics are awesome Saburo!

I noticed two things that particularly excite me:

1. The gaps in fighter mode look a lot less obvious, proving you can close them up a bit more than some of the pics I've seen so far
  2. Gerwalk wings look way more like the anime!  How'd you do this?  I thought there wasn't room for them to sit the way you've got them.

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

awesome pics!

Thanks derex! This was a fun but scary (transformation) valk to shoot. :D

48 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Excellent photos. Battroid looks much better without the gun sticking out of its back.

Thanks ArchieNov.

34 minutes ago, erizai said:

Nice images Saburo... 

Notice there is a lego face at the neck, so coincidence lol.  

still a great toy... 

I just noticed the lego face after you mentioned it, now I can't unsee. hahaha

16 minutes ago, mickyg said:

Those pics are awesome Saburo!

I noticed two things that particularly excite me:

1. The gaps in fighter mode look a lot less obvious, proving you can close them up a bit more than some of the pics I've seen so far
  2. Gerwalk wings look way more like the anime!  How'd you do this?  I thought there wasn't room for them to sit the way you've got them.

Thanks mickyg,

1.  the gaps in fighter closed a bit with some finessing just making sure everything is lined up right and locked in. Took me a bit but I got most of the large gaps minimized.
  2. Took a bit of work to get all the parts into place, swivel mounts for the shoulder are close to body above the thigh. Shoulder pads are at a high angle and flush against the swivel mount. The wings are slightly angle up from flight postion, and the outer wind rotation is angled slightly down from centerline.  There isn't much room for shoulder rotation but I was able to get anime configuration for gerwalk, also I was surprised at how compact Geralk mode was for the 262.

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

I was trying to go for the Aerial Knights Salute, but no salute hand was included. :mellow:

awww thanks for that Saburo! I love it! :D

And excellent photos mate! Your best yet! The photos are so crisp and clear! :good:

1 minute ago, Graham said:

Bought a second one to keep in battroid mode. My first one will stay in fighter mode.

Unlike the VF-31, the Sv-262 will not be transformed often or maybe never again.......hahaha

I had been considering doing the same but im afraid too many guys in here will yell at me as it goes against what I said about buying multiples of the Draken.. 

Guess I'd better not then eh..

5 minutes ago, spanner said:

awww thanks for that Saburo! I love it! :D

And excellent photos mate! Your best yet! The photos are so crisp and clear! :good:

No problem and thank you! :D

5 minutes ago, Graham said:

Bought a second one to keep in battroid mode. My first one will stay in fighter mode.

Unlike the VF-31, the Sv-262 will not be transformed often or maybe never again.......hahaha

Now that my photos are done, mine will be in Forever Righter mode.  Until the LillDrakens are released.

6 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Now that my photos are done, mine will be in Forever Righter mode.  Until the LillDrakens are released.

Hope you don't mind me using one of your photos as my cell wallpaper, they are gorgeous 

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

33630018666_27116cbfc0_h.jpg

I like the downward angle of this shot, shows off the back wings and avoids the weird top-ish look. Spread those wings!

blender.jpg.4ba2fa60d165f235586e2e8b1dca13cb.jpg

Loved how you made battroid look hefty and fighter mode look sleek with the gaps minimised ! 

Nice stuff as always saburo!

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

I like the downward angle of this shot, shows off the back wings and avoids the weird top-ish look. Spread those wings!

blender.jpg.4ba2fa60d165f235586e2e8b1dca13cb.jpg

Loved how you made battroid look hefty and fighter mode look sleek with the gaps minimised ! 

Nice stuff as always saburo!

Thanks seti88, I really wanted to if it was possible to get Gerwalk mode like in the anime.  :)

1 hour ago, Cowboy17 said:

saburo - any photoshop/lightroom tips on processing? i can get nice photos with the equipment ive cobbled together, but processing is a black art to me. 

That's a tough one, processing photos can just as challenging as taking the photo.  haha. I'll pm you so we can keep this thread on topic, also there is a old photography thread on MWF that has quite a bit of useful info/tips. 

On 3/26/2017 at 10:42 PM, Xigfrid said:

Seriously saburo?! Thanks god i got one copy coming already otherwise I would be urged to buy one. I don't know if this is the model or your simply you getting better at shooting macross stuffs, but this 262 is the best looking valk pictures ever.

Thank you Xigfrid I am honored.  Glad you got one. :)

I am always looking to improve my photos, but I think most it goes to the 262 for these photos. The metallic gold paint gives great contrast against its dark blue coloration and combined with the matte finish helps make the 262 stand out.  Photographing this makes me hope they release the white and gold 262, also the 262Ba with its gold metallic should be nice to photograph.

Edited by Saburo

46 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Thank you Xigfrid I am honored.  Glad you got one. :)

I am always looking to improve my photos, but I think most it goes to the 262 for these photos. The metallic gold paint gives great contrast against its dark blue coloration and combined with the matte finish helps make the 262 stand out.  Photographing this makes me hope they release the white and gold 262, also the 262Ba with its silver metallic should be nice to photograph.

ep4.jpg.47c91982f7723baf2281506c6d25f9c4.jpgep4_v1.thumb.jpg.c0356c6051470bb7a08c50e6b8208fe8.jpg

Release the drakens! :D

Edited by seti88

Well, that was easily the most time consuming review I've ever done of a single toy... what a bear. The transformation guide is up but it's too late for me to get the video review put together... might take a day or two. The article is up and that hits the important stuff. I might add a couple more pics as I go through the video review and check what I comment on there that I missed in the write-up. Phew... I had such plans for this weekend.. oh well.

Bandai-262H-Keith-18.jpg

4 minutes ago, barurutor said:

^ considering how much effort you put into reviewing these things, does youtube/google adsense pay the effort/hosting/toy bills or anymoon is more a labor of love?

I'm definitely not in it for the paycheck! Doing the reviews helps me justify owning the toys and also makes it easier for me to sell them because I have a ton of pictures and descriptions of the toys so it's easy for me to revisit them when they're gone. I eventually thin the herd out to one of each mold and I keep that one for comparison purposes later. When I first started buying toys, I bought a bunch of toys I regretted so there's also the good feeling that I'm helping people avoid that.

30 minutes ago, jenius said:

Well, that was easily the most time consuming review I've ever done of a single toy... what a bear. The transformation guide is up but it's too late for me to get the video review put together... might take a day or two. The article is up and that hits the important stuff. I might add a couple more pics as I go through the video review and check what I comment on there that I missed in the write-up. Phew... I had such plans for this weekend.. oh well.

Bandai-262H-Keith-18.jpg

Nice shot of the SV's in gerwalk together! The 51 looks like an old bulky bruiser with nose piercings compared to a modern 262 gangsta lol...both good!

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I'm definitely not in it for the paycheck! Doing the reviews helps me justify owning the toys and also makes it easier for me to sell them because I have a ton of pictures and descriptions of the toys so it's easy for me to revisit them when they're gone. I eventually thin the herd out to one of each mold and I keep that one for comparison purposes later. When I first started buying toys, I bought a bunch of toys I regretted so there's also the good feeling that I'm helping people avoid that.

and you are making people regret their decisions and force them to buy MORE :p

Respect to you sir, the effort you put and the details in each review is really a big help for me before, when I first started out (biggest help was distinguishing V1 and renewal/V2 toys since I saved money not buying the V1) and still is a big help for comparing things I dont have.

I w

6 hours ago, Saburo said:

When the Lil Drakens are released I'm putting them and the missile packs on the fighter mode and the battroid will just get the sword and shield.

I'm not gonna order two sets of the Lil Drakens for my two SV-262.

Great pics as always Saburo. Kinda looks better in pics.

Received mine this morning.

First impressions.....not too sure. Granted, having reservations before even having it in my hands, probably did not help, but on this instance I feel they were justified.

Love the color scheme, no issues with the tampo prints etc. Main gripe:  it's really 'gappy'. The fact that the patterns are spread on many separated parts makes it even more obvious.

Not transformed yet, not sure I'm looking forward to do so. I can already spot some tiny plastic rods that must slot into equally tiny plastic clips.....( the kind and size you find on the Hi-Metal !!!) Does not feel very inspiring. As I've mentioned previously, I'm a real 'maniac' when it comes to marks, cracks etc 

To recap, looks-wise, different, but not bad at all. Manufacturing side of things, it feels fragile even when handling it in fighter mode. (Not transformed it yet as I've already said, it might feel more robust in Battroid). But all these little flaps etc.... *sigh* aligning everything back afterwards will be a pain.... Hope it's just an impression.

The mode that I really dig from pics is Gerwalk.....Next to the Zero's SVs, looks like a long lost brother!

On a positive note,after quickly removing and cramming a few other VFS, it blends in completely in a random crowd of VFs, you can hardly see it.....(no room to fit it in my Detolfs, so it will most probably end up on the ...." Messy shelves " for now .....)

Overall....still not sure!! Need to fiddle about with it a bit more for a definitive opinion. But won't be getting 4 though that's for sure, ( getting the 'drones' though.....I mean that flashy blue scheme, is just too cool to pass ).

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Great pics as always Saburo. Kinda looks better in pics.

Received mine this morning.

First impressions.....not too sure. Granted, having reservations before even having it in my hands, probably did not help, but on this instance I feel they were justified.

Love the color scheme, no issues with the tampo prints etc. Main gripe:  it's really 'gappy'. The fact that the patterns are spread on many separated parts makes it even more obvious.

Not transformed yet, not sure I'm looking forward to do so. I can already spot some tiny plastic rods that must slot into equally tiny plastic clips.....( the kind and size you find on the Hi-Metal !!!) Does not feel very inspiring. As I've mentioned previously, I'm a real 'maniac' when it comes to marks, cracks etc 

To recap, looks-wise, different, but not bad at all. Manufacturing side of things, it feels fragile even when handling it in fighter mode. (Not transformed it yet as I've already said, it might feel more robust in Battroid). But all these little flaps etc.... *sigh* aligning everything back afterwards will be a pain.... Hope it's just an impression.

The mode that I really dig from pics is Gerwalk.....Next to the Zero's SVs, looks like a long lost brother!

On a positive note,after quickly removing and cramming a few other VFS, it blends in completely in a random crowd of VFs, you can hardly see it.....(no room to fit it in my Detolfs, so it will most probably end up on the ...." Messy shelves " for now .....)

Overall....still not sure!! Need to fiddle about with it a bit more for a definitive opinion. But won't be getting 4 though that's for sure, ( getting the 'drones' though.....I mean that flashy blue scheme, is just too cool to pass ).

image.jpg

YOUR VF-0 IS POINTING DOWNWARD ON THE EDGE!! Man i salute you putting them flying like that, but arent you worried one fall will pull all down??