Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Just now, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Saw a post in the Vf-31 thread, but wasn't sure if it was a prototype or actually a white 262 in the upper left hand corner of the image.

It's the 1/72 Keith model kit with glare.

4 minutes ago, IXTL said:

It's the 1/72 Keith model kit with glare.

Ahh okay... thanks for clarifying that. I couldn't make out what it said on the display plaque and it does look a little bit smaller than the dx 262 on the lower right.

EDIT: wow... that's a pretty strong glare too! XD

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

I received mine the fighter with the clear canopy really looks like a military plane but the transformation to gerwalk is a nightmare even though definitely is the best mode of this beast 

and the transformation become Easier to battroid And although I am not a big fan for the head design Definitely gives a bad boy look

my complains is the constanty pop out of the chest parts and shield 

and with only 2 Anchorage points in battroid mode with plastic parts no diecast feels relativy solid but fragile at the same time

the good points very solid in fighter and gerwalk modes

great landing gear and honorific mention to the right arm canon

definitely is one of this valks that break the mold with a refresh transformation that we already needed

unfortunatly I cant say is above the Previous DX the lack of diecast in comparision with the recent vf 31 puts some steps below

IMG_2226.JPG

IMG_2230.JPG

IMG_2233.JPG

IMG_2209.JPG

IMG_2210.JPG

IMG_2213.JPG

IMG_2234.JPG

IMG_2222.JPG

IMG_2235.JPG

IMG_2224.JPG

IMG_2225.JPG

misiles.jpg

popout.jpg

gerwalk.jpg

IMG_2198.JPG

IMG_2202.JPG

IMG_2203.JPG

Still living vicariously through you guys with all the pics.  My shipping status shows the package still at Tokyo in the airport.  No change since the 23rd.  I'm guessing the status updates just aren't current.  Hopefully it arrives on Monday.

Still not got mine....so only judging from what I can make out from some of the pics etc.

And the overall feeling I get is not : "Wow, best DX to date!" or "Such a unique piece with amazing engineering". Lots of mitigated opinions. Not saying people seem disappointed, but not elated either. Is it just a "Meh" release? Or just too 'unique' for its own good? (It does not look very 'Macrossy'....so if you haven't watched Delta you won't relate as easily....)

Looking at some pics, I can already see stress marks on some of the parts!  With the amount of hinges, and swivelling parts all over, not sure if the plastic route is a good thing. Cannot stand stress marks on any of my Valks (one of the reasons some never even get transformed.). Will they eventually emulate the Yamarcadia manufacturing trend and end up 97% plastic (3% being the screws and the occasional metal bar..).

I don't have any (or hardly any) scratches on the die-cast parts of my other DX, (Not everyone treat their DXs like 'Transformers' going back and forth between all modes 5 times a day....). Cannot see any valid reasons behind this lack of die-cast other than saving on materials whilst still selling at a premium.

Maybe it's just an 'experiment' for this rather 'unique' VF design to gauge people's reactions. Hopefully with mostly mitigated feedbacks, they'll forget about 'plastifying' their Chogokins as much. 

Or possibly it was an 'on purpose', rushing it in order to give us an improved 'Renewal' version down the road, (after having released at least 5 coloured variations of course......)

Hoping this lack of metal does not become a trend, as it's already prevalent in a lot of their other lines Hi-Metal (lol...), Socs, Srcs.....Who knows, maybe they plan to revive the old 'Pla Dx' from the golden Popy days. (Ok....I'm pushing it....). Anxiously waiting until it arrives next week so that I can get some clarifications regarding this 'odd' VF....

Rambling as usual...:ph34r:

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

When do those drones come up for pre-order?

They're up already at places like AE, NY, BiginJapan, MyKombini, and Loopaza.

Edited by wmkjr

Wow!  How did I miss those?!  Thanks, I just ordered them from NY (like their shipping, often goes through without the expensive customs & duties which my SV-262 is sitting in right now).  Just curious, when did they go up for pre-order?

3 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Wow!  How did I miss those?!  Thanks, I just ordered them from NY (like their shipping, often goes through without the expensive customs & duties which my SV-262 is sitting in right now).  Just curious, when did they go up for pre-order?

Roughly a week ago, on the 17th of March.

6 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Looking at some pics, I can already see stress marks on some of the parts!  With the amount of hinges, and swivelling parts all over, not sure if the plastic route is a good thing. Cannot stand stress marks on any of my Valks (one of the reasons some never even get transformed.). Will they eventually emulate the Yamarcadia manufacturing trend and end up 97% plastic (3% being the screws and the occasional metal bar..).

What stress marks are you talking about?

9 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I suppose I don't understand the complaint that it lacks metal.. I prefer the Valks as light as possible.  I still like the fact the Yamcadia Vf-1 and Yamato VF-11 are both feather light.

it's mainly because it's a Chogokin line.  This one is around 38 grams lighter than the VF-31 so it's not really that much lighter.  It definitely have less diecast, but because they are paint blue and seems to be more hidden(glued on plastic parts) than the previous valks.  The previous ones just leaves the diecast as-is or making sure they stand out.  

I'm fine with less diecast too, as long as they have it on where it counts.  

My Sal small packet just arrived at ISC (LA customs) this morning.   So I'm probably not going to get it until 10 days later.  They need to route more flights to SFO so I can get my stuff through (SF Customs), they process those stuff Super Fast.

More diecast = more painted metal parts = more paint chipping

More diecast does not equate to better quality. 

The VF-25 shoulders were some of the worst offenders as they were often chipped right out of the box. As the bars comprising the joints were diecast, the shoulder blocks themselves should have just been plastic. 

Keep diecast only on parts that need the strength! 

7 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Looks amazing Saburo!! You and your camera create works of art! 

Thank you 505th, I appreciate the compliment. I have to process the rest of the photos, I just wanted to share at least one of the pics. :D  The gold really stands out in the photos.

personally my complaint is not about the quantity of diecast it is the lack of this in specific parts like the anchor points that could give us a longer life 

Honestly dont know maybe wrong I'm not an engineer and the plastic parts are good enough for endure multiple transformations but give me the feeling that bandai based in stingy and not for funcionality purposes

In a positive feedback a feature that nobody mention is the knee cover very similar to the arcadia yf 19 with the difference that have a spring system that activates when extending or contract the legs

IMG_2249.JPG

IMG_2251.JPG

1 hour ago, valhary said:

personally my complaint is not about the quantity of diecast it is the lack of this in specific parts like the anchor points that could give us a longer life 

Honestly dont know maybe wrong I'm not an engineer and the plastic parts are good enough for endure multiple transformations but give me the feeling that bandai based in stingy and not for funcionality purposes

In a positive feedback a feature that nobody mention is the knee cover very similar to the arcadia yf 19 with the difference that have a spring system that activates when extending or contract the legs

IMG_2249.JPG

IMG_2251.JPG

I prefer a toy that can take a lot of punishment, but considering the complexity of the draken, I thk die casting only certain parts are risky. The connecting plastic parts may break more easily since there is weight of die cast being forced upon them during transformation. 

Not an easy thing to solve. And yes as some noted sometimes a lighter valk is a good point as well. As long as it's still sturdy overall.

1 hour ago, F360 said:

who's to say it isn't design to be a female mecha, I mean ,it chest(boobs) is already pretty pointly.:lol:

02a859b5-s.jpg.da3f4db607a77f682bccb18d444fa58b.jpg

hehe! yeah the whole busty chest pieces does give it a rather female look to it! LOL!

1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

Personally, I don't like the look of the gunpod pointing up when stowed at the back of battroid. Looks quite silly. I much prefer the look of it pointing downwards instead.

have to agree with you on that one. 

Opened my copy and happy to report no damages after peeling the film. Transformation was ok, if anything i figure out that the wings getting in the way all the time is what makes everything so cumbersome to transform. Its a PITA trying to keep them out of the way.

945FB2E2-41BA-4A2A-8F49-BE287AC0FE29.jpg

17E11EB9-8258-408C-9347-42AA2C30DA15.jpg

07707A0F-7449-4059-AEC3-A6BA880A2490.jpg

FEA97606-86CB-429D-B852-F09903D56B5C.jpg

7751E062-85CB-42A5-BB86-4406467B9B82.jpg

3BEE390B-CB11-4ACE-BEC9-765FDD360FEC.jpg

and yea Anubis bots are nice :p

ADCEF284-78D9-4AA5-8563-4E2AD564C27E.jpg