Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Spanner, those are some beautiful shots. Kawamori hasn't lost his touch; this is becoming one of my favorite designs. I generally don't care for GERWALK, but this valk looks fantastic in all three modes- ya just can't lose no matter how you display him.

I was complaining about not getting a shipping notice yesterday; well it came later in the day after I'd posted, and my Sv-262 is due on my doorstep tomorrow. DHL, you rock! They even called me this morning to let me know. That's far quicker than I'd anticipated, and good service to boot. I take back all my negativity from my last post- this is the fastest shipping I've experienced in quite some time. I'm a pretty happy dude.  Just hope my bubble's not burst tomorrow upon opening a defective toy.  Staying positive- everything's gonna be good to go.

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm perfectly ok with them going for less metal, it generally just means there's less paint to chip away from transformations.

Really glad I'm getting two of these eventually, this might be one of the only valks I'll keep a display of in battroid mode.  That head is just amazing to me.

For those of you thinking the wings look goofy in gerwalk, it was discussed a little in the model thread, and if the toy isn't designed to prevent it, you could always just flip the wings back around to face the normal direction.

That looks a lot better to me than the intended way IMO.

1 minute ago, Blue Meanie said:

Mine showed up today. Just gorgeous. I am so impressed with the designs I am wondering where the improving toy technology will go next? Maybe Ultra precise panel gaps? The only gripe I could launch is the panel gaps.

Bandai's model kits have ultra-precise fits, and I was always curious why the DX Chogokin stuff was so much less precise.

Totally with you guys who are mentioning the negative vibe they're getting with Gerwalk.  I don't know - it's like the wings look too high to me.  it's not that they're backwards.  That bit is weird, but it works.  It's the fact that it looks like a "T" from the front that has me scratching my head.  I don't recall it looking that way in the show.  Look at the episode where they're on Windermere and trying to locate the Walkure in the snow - lots of Gerwalk there.  Granted there's no Keith type shown (that I recall at least) but the general wing situation is the same in both types.

And in other news, my HLJ bundle still hasn't shipped.  Very odd...

Edited by mickyg

I don't understand the clear canopy, really. It's there to sort of give the same feel as the anime from what I understand.  To show the pilot the same way the inside camera view shows him.  But it just doesn't work on the toy.

At least with the VF-27 there was that one scene in the Frontier movie where Brera actually jettisoned the shield from the canopy.  I don't recall that sort of scene in Delta at all.

Mine broke 1st transformation. The grey plastic spear on the side under the cockpit that the upper torso swivels on broke off with barely any pressure. The blue paint on the metal just gave out and the adhesive let go. Easy fix at least. Add that to the frustration of the gerwalk transformation and a flash piece that wouldn't let the gun slide over the wings i didnt notice for 20 minutes.....and that is the closest i ever came to smashing a new $200 toy with a hammer. Got it though, and glued it. I own thousands of transforming toys and for the first time i almost quit with it 1/2 transformed

That sucks man. Hopefully it glues back and looks perfect. Luckily it's still available. I'm glad bandai released more than normal this time

Also after seeing a few reviews, maybe my hearing is bad but, did they remove the ratchet hip joints from this one? I've see three reviews and can't hear any audible clicks from the hips. 

Edited by VF-Zer0S

27 minutes ago, Blue Meanie said:

Mine broke 1st transformation. The grey plastic spear on the side under the cockpit that the upper torso swivels on broke off with barely any pressure. The blue paint on the metal just gave out and the adhesive let go. Easy fix at least. Add that to the frustration of the gerwalk transformation and a flash piece that wouldn't let the gun slide over the wings i didnt notice for 20 minutes.....and that is the closest i ever came to smashing a new $200 toy with a hammer. Got it though, and glued it. I own thousands of transforming toys and for the first time i almost quit with it 1/2 transformed

do you have pic of the damage? when you say broke off, do you mean it's broken/ snapped apart? or just came apart and can be easily put back together.

That, or it hasn't sold as well.

Just watched the first half of that WOTAFA video and definitely appreciated the speed he works at when describing the transformation.  Also had a look at the "official" Gerwalk art on the Delta site in Japan and saw this:
sv_262ba_draken_iii_gerwalk_mode_with_dr

Illustrates that funny thing we're talking about with Gerwalk.  Notice the shoulders are above the wings, but still well in front.  Sort of reminiscent of the YF-19 series actually. Is this possible with the DX?

18 minutes ago, mickyg said:

Just watched the first half of that WOTAFA video and definitely appreciated the speed he works at when describing the transformation.  Also had a look at the "official" Gerwalk art on the Delta site in Japan and saw this:

Illustrates that funny thing we're talking about with Gerwalk.  Notice the shoulders are above the wings, but still well in front.  Sort of reminiscent of the YF-19 series actually. Is this possible with the DX?

1000113244_7.thumb.jpg.f7971a2cca29d64b3845173c65fb5eee.jpg

Yups thats the anime-accurate wing spread right there! ^_^ 

Because the wings are hinged, that might have thrown most to position the wings upwards instead of spread...

BTW...MISSILE Pack! :o:D This was done with the kit missiles but i wonder if the DX packs would also fit somehow....

5 hours ago, spanner said:

back in stock again! LOL!

https://hlj.com/product/BANN08749

Scored your second one, Spanner? ;)

1 hour ago, mickyg said:

sv_262ba_draken_iii_gerwalk_mode_with_dr

1 hour ago, F360 said:

1000113244_7.thumb.jpg.f7971a2cca29d64b3845173c65fb5eee.jpg

Also, notice the small flaps from under the belly that folds along with the spine beside the gunpod? On the lineart above, it shows that it was folded back but on the DX figure, it was left folded.

2 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Back up again. Gonna keep mine untransformed when I receive it. Never did like its batteroid mode.

https://hlj.com/product/BANN08749

HLJ listing is like a yo yo! up down up down.. 

You should at least give it a go and see the other modes. They are better than you think! Fighter mode is its least interesting mode in my opinion.

1 hour ago, treatment said:

Finally get to watching wotafa's video.

Geezus! 

Good luck and be safe to y'all transforming this valk!

It does get much easier and less confusing after two or three transformations trust me! I was bored when I got home from work and transformed it again right back to fighter and back to battroid! easy peasy now!

1 hour ago, spanner said:

HLJ listing is like a yo yo! up down up down.. 

You should at least give it a go and see the other modes. They are better than you think! Fighter mode is its least interesting mode in my opinion.

It does get much easier and less confusing after two or three transformations trust me! I was bored when I got home from work and transformed it again right back to fighter and back to battroid! easy peasy now!

I might but my lack of preference for its battroid mode plus the difficulty of transforming this one is putting off. Haha.