Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

3 hours ago, TCracker said:

Dammmnnnnnnnnnn.......but oh my oh my, what a FINE gerwalk mode it is.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=6479212

sv262 gerwalk.jpg

Yup! That's one FINE Gerwalk right there. :wub:

Also, got my DHL shipping notice from AmiAmi. Says end of day Thursday. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

12 minutes ago, Lorindor said:

Uhm, am I the only one not liking that look of the GERWALK? That wing placement is so strange.

I've noticed every single person who has posted pics of Gerwalk have the wings posed wrong.  The bits attached to the back are supposed to be folded down parallel to the ground and the wing tips should be folded down toward the ground.  Though it is interesting how dynamic you can get with the wing positions if you want some sort of fancy action poses.

I just noticed that it looks like even in the manual they don't have the 262 transformed correct in Gerwalk.  Either that or the wings can't fold down all the way, which is incorrect.

Edited by Mommar

11 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

The right arm gun can't be popped up once it's stored in fighter mode. But I guess you can leave them out if you transform them in that way (I haven't tried it).

And I think I know why it feels much lighter than the other valks. There's almost no diecast content. It's practically all plastic (which is not necessarily a bad thing with all the folding panels and hinges which may be prone to scratches). But some hinges may have benefited from being diecast to improve sturdiness.

Are the feet thrusters metal?

58 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I've noticed every single person who has posted pics of Gerwalk have the wings posed wrong.  The bits attached to the back are supposed to be folded down parallel to the ground and the wing tips should be folded down toward the ground.  Though it is interesting how dynamic you can get with the wing positions if you want some sort of fancy action poses.

I just noticed that it looks like even in the manual they don't have the 262 transformed correct in Gerwalk.  Either that or the wings can't fold down all the way, which is incorrect.

Maybe the middle part of the wings hits the shoulders? You can kinda spread the inner wing parts down till the middle almost touches the shoulders but I wonder if you can move it away from them just enough to clear it?

I'd rock it like this:

C7NVgC6VsAAhLVf.jpg

1 hour ago, Lorindor said:

Uhm, am I the only one not liking that look of the GERWALK? That wing placement is so strange.

You're not the only one.  It's like some half-baked "gerwalk" from a non-Macross series.

Just not quite the usual Macross GERWALK badass aesthetic most of us are used to. 

3 minutes ago, treatment said:

You're not the only one.  It's like some half-baked "gerwalk" from a non-Macross series.

Just not quite the usual Macross GERWALK badass aesthetic most of us are used to. 

That's WHY I like the Draken so much despite having no experience at all with Macross Delta. It's outside a lot of the design norms of the franchise, especially with the single engine look. Gerwalk mode is actually what got me to want this thing, and once it's in that mode it's probably never coming back out of it.

Still waiting for mine....

Not sure what to make of this VF. Only reason I did not skip on it, was the unique design.

Transformation seems like a pain in the backside..(amazing engineering for sure though.)

The Battroid mode looks great, probably the strongest of all 3 modes imo. Fighter is o.k, but looks more like a 'Shmup spaceship' (Dodonpachi etc...) than a 'proper' Macross VF. Even the more recent VFs (Frontier...) look more like fighters.

Lastly.....Battroid mode. *sigh*. Not digging the head at all. And the whole thing looks like a TF Decepticon or something (sorry TF fans..) Not to mention the upcoming sword accessory. It'll look like some kinda Sci-fi 'robot-dragon-thing'....:(

Delta was a weird chapter in the Macross saga. Like a 'Love Live'' chapter on steroids. Sure, music always had an inherent part in Macross. But It's becoming a bit much. Banpresto is having a field day with this one....So many outfits to choose from :lol:.

Hard to tell if I will like that one until I have it in my hands. Might be one of those VFs that needs a bit of time to truly appreciate.....

I'm rambling....

Been waiting for Wotafa's review of this guy. Even though it's in Japanese he has a way of conveying what he means so even those of us who don't speak Japanese can figure it out. Also his transformations are usually super helpful and well shot.

12 hours ago, spanner said:

20170321_145731.jpg

I've been itching to get that Mirage figure. Didn't realize it was so big compared to the valks though. Might take up more space than I want but it looks nice.

I never paid much attention to the Gerwalk mode for the 262 but I think it's my favorite after seeing all the pics. Great to see more pics from Tcracker too!

Was abt to comment on wotafas vid. He explains it neither too quick or too slow pace and its clear even to non japanese speakers what to look out for.

Highly recommended to calm nerves on transformation!

Edited by seti88

6 hours ago, TCracker said:

Just got mine. I really sweated the first 1 hour trying to get it to Gerwalk mode.

Dammmnnnnnnnnnn.......but oh my oh my, what a FINE gerwalk mode it is.

sv262 gerwalk.jpg

Love this shot! I too took my time to get it to gerwalk first time round as I didn't want to over handle it and damage anything. But it eventually clicked and I finally had done it. And now having switched it across all three modes a few times the process is much easier and more understandable. 

Yes it also has surprisingly little metal parts. Not even the feet. I guess they must have felt it didn't need as much..?

12 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I've been itching to get that Mirage figure. Didn't realize it was so big compared to the valks though. Might take up more space than I want but it looks nice.

I never paid much attention to the Gerwalk mode for the 262 but I think it's my favorite after seeing all the pics. Great to see more pics from Tcracker too!

The Mirage figure really isn't that big at all actually! She just looks a lot bigger in that shot being much closer to the camera.. she certainly is a nice thing indeed! You should get one!

Gerwalk does look tough as nails but battroid looks bad ass! I did initially prefer gerwalk but I think battroid is definitely the better mode! 

I'm perfectly ok with them going for less metal, it generally just means there's less paint to chip away from transformations.

Really glad I'm getting two of these eventually, this might be one of the only valks I'll keep a display of in battroid mode.  That head is just amazing to me.

For those of you thinking the wings look goofy in gerwalk, it was discussed a little in the model thread, and if the toy isn't designed to prevent it, you could always just flip the wings back around to face the normal direction.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:00 PM, Skypoet said:

I'll be glad to do that! Yes, IMHO, the sv-262 looks great without the "wings rotated 180 degrees" :-)

PS: I did not do any panel-lining, painting or decaling yet. I hope that's fine with you :-)

IMG_20170112_221206.jpg

IMG_20170112_221252.jpg

IMG_20170112_221321.jpg

12 minutes ago, spanner said:

The Mirage figure really isn't that big at all actually! She just looks a lot bigger in that shot being much closer to the camera.. she certainly is a nice thing indeed! You should get one!

Gerwalk does look tough as nails but battroid looks bad ass! I did initially prefer gerwalk but I think battroid is definitely the better mode! 

Yeah, I will eventually order a Mirage...But I'm hoping to hear about a SHF release so I can get that instead. 

I initially thought I would display my 262 in Fighter mode most but I agree Battroid and Gerwalk both look better. Will see how it goes when I get mine. And yeah, NY still says it's in preparation but I don't mind because I paid less and I will still have it just the same.;)