Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Any theories as to when these new toys will go on sale?

Fall/Winter. Just in time for Delta's TV show to end, and the inevitable Delta movies to start.

Fall/Winter. Just in time for Delta's TV show to end, and the inevitable Delta movies to start.

And by the end of 2017 upon the release of Delta movies, Renewal announcements. ;)

Anyways, everytime I look at those photos, makes me want to watch Stargate all over again.

Anubis-helmet-from-StarGate.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

I want colour matching armor pack or strike pack for Keith's unit.

But then with the fighter in such a self contained form, it is difficult to design packs that actually fit cohesively with it. Like how the VF-17/171 packs don't look well with the them.

The Lil Draken already look like some blatantly obvious external peripherals, but the leg missile pods blend in well shape wise.

Ok, so they made a hinge for the left half of the tailfin/shield, and a second set of hinges for the right half?!?

One single hinge down the middle would have looked a lot better, than the zig-zag they have now.

Seriously, I've seen much smaller hinges doing the exact same thing, on other transforming figures etc. Why'd Bandai do the worst-looking possible solution? "Splitting in half down the middle" isn't some complicated new thing they have to figure out, I expect better.

Anyways, everytime I look at those photos, makes me want to watch Stargate all over again.

Anubis-helmet-from-StarGate.jpg

Nothing ever wants me to watch Stargate again..

Back to the 262.. im loving it! Can't wait to commit my life away to the pre-orders!

Edited by spanner

Back to the 262.. im loving it! Can't wait to commit my life away to the pre-orders!

Hehehe. :D I love James Spader, sir. And I'm going to watch it again tonight. ;)

Wait, where are those articulated display stands when they first showed these new DX? Bandai don't cheap out on us!

Those stands adaptors you were looking for are being used in the displayed fighter mode. Can't remember seeing it in 31 battroid and gerwalk displays. Wouldn't be surprise if the Drakens will also have those clear tubes looking adaptor for battroid like the 31 have it. ;)

I like this angle of the head, those horns look like they have eyes too.

post-15116-0-03164900-1462069953.jpg

The cockpit seems to be well hidden in tha back too. Really flush against the gun mount.

Pity, i was hoping to see a lil of those nice cockpit sensors in front actually.

Thanks to IXTL for updating the photo's ...

Cant wait to see the CF versions!

So it seems few people like the Anubis-head? I love it. Though I also seem to be one of the few who likes the head on Messer's -31.

I like the Jackal head AND the space pope head.

Stargate is a great movie! And an even better TV show.

Not a huge fan of the 262, but the Battroid has a certain appeal and looks like it'd be a great display piece. IMHO much more than the Fighter mode does.

Speaking of things this Valkyrie reminds people of, the paint scheme reminds me of Destiny's Iron Banner armor. :p

-b.

Stargate is a great movie! And an even better TV show.

"Great" is subjective; I'll posit that it's a fun watch, but the movie is so mired in cheese that said 'greatness' is a little far-reaching. As a prior military guy, I cringe deeply every time I see those lunkheads do their goofy salute to Kurt Russell. I think the movie has a very cool premise, and still has a beauty that resonates, but the dialog and terrible portrayal of military lessens it, IMHO. Everybody's tastes are different, though, thank the maker, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It'd be a truly boring world if I was in charge of entertaining, so I applaud the creativity in even the most egregiously insufferable media, as it's better than I can achieve.

Stargate aside, I still see the -262's head resembling the commando droid over Anubis, although the visual isn't lost on me. Moreover, Anubis is just an evocative character, a Guardian of the Dead, with that stoic jackal's visage. Of the various incarnations in the Egyptian pantheon, he's by far my favorite.

It's amazing we've gone all this time without so much as a fuzzy image, and now this watershed of images. Thanks to all the providers for links and such. Beautiful design. Seti88, I also noticed the complete obscurance of the cockpit in battroid, a design that I wholeheartedly embrace. I think what I really like is that, without knowing that this transforms into a jet, wings notwithstanding, it doesn't really look like a transforming mech so much as an ornate mech like you'd see in Gundam, Aldnoah Zero, Five Star Stories, etc. I hope the final DX turns out to be a solid release, and that I manage to score at least an Hs and one of the space popes. The more I see it, the more the Hs head appeals to me. :wub: The double hinge placement in the shield is a real head-scatcher in an otherwise lovely sculpt. Like David H. said, a single centered hinge, or even a piano hinge throughout , would have been less obtrusive than those offsets. Concerning the metallic apparatus on the back panel, I forget who posted back to me, but I agree that that is most likely the gun mount. I look forward to more pics showing the gun actually attached there in battroid for some over-shoulder shots. Pretty excited about this guy. Def worth the wait, IMO. :)

I like this angle of the head, those horns look like they have eyes too.

attachicon.gifpost-7036-0-65616500-1462062893_thumb.jpg

The cockpit seems to be well hidden in tha back too. Really flush against the gun mount.

Pity, i was hoping to see a lil of those nice cockpit sensors in front actually.

Thanks to IXTL for updating the photo's ...

Cant wait to see the CF versions!

Do the Draakens not have head lasers?

A few more photos with close ups from different angles.

ChVHK4XUYAEepN3.jpg

I'm curious as to what are those 2 potruding parts on the lower part of the back? I'm sure it's not part of the wing. Is it somehow some part in the undercarriage during fighter mode?

Apparently none.

Noel, protruding parts are the rest of the wing joints. Wings are rotating 180 degrees at "V-shaped" area to face upwards.

The rest of the wing joints that has the rotating wings are on the upper part of the back. I'm asking for the ones on the lower part. :)

The rest of the wing joints that has the rotating wings are on the upper part of the back. I'm asking for the ones on the lower part. :)

The backplate, including those two lower panels, are going to form the fighter's 'belly', similar to the YF-19. I imagine the panels in question will wrap around the legs to help lock them and present a smooth ventral surface in fighter.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Right under the middle of the gunpod where the rear of the clear adapter is I think that's where thos two mini blue wings are from.

My ugly green edit:

post-7577-0-47608600-1462088068_thumb.png

The backplate, including those two lower panels, are going to form the fighter's 'belly', similar to the YF-19. I imagine the panels in question will wrap around the legs to help lock them and present a smooth ventral surface in fighter.

Right under the middle of the gunpod where the rear of the clear adapter is I think that's where thos two mini blue wings are from.

My ugly green edit:

sv_262_underside edit.png

Thanks guys! So it's a panel door that opens when the legs go down and probably closes back since that panel is not shown in the lineart(?).

2.jpg

"Do the chickens have large talons?" - sorry dude, your post reminded me of Napoleon Dynamite!

The pics have definitely whetted my appetite for this Valk even more.

I still prefer the CF versions to the Hs but not sure I can avoid getting one of these as well.

So awesome to see something new and different.

@No3ljm- Highly likely to stabilize the wing support structure in GERWALK in the absence of the legs.

I've been working out the arm transformation: the shoulder pauldrons meet where that little dip occurs at the forward base of the vertical stab. The right arm straightens into the pauldron and is contoured to blend with it smoothly, while the right hand either retracts or just stows under the bit of fuselage aft of the canopy. The left bicep likewise bends up so that the upper forearm contour blends with the pauldron; the lower half of the left forearm bends 180 deg to lie against the upper half, and the vertical stab closes and rotates 180 deg. When the legs are in fighter position, the feet cover the split/rotation joint in the left forearm. It's a neat design, and I like it all the more when nearly every body part of the battroid forms a critical part of the fighter, rather than being stowed away out of sight.

Edited by M'Kyuun