Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Well, good not only for the wallet, but for making any necessary tweaks and improvements. Hopefully, too, Bandai scope the various forums to see what folks are saying about early pics, and making adjustments, as well. Since only the fighter has been shown for the -262, it's a bit difficult to nitpick it too much. The fighter looks pretty smooth overall from what I've seen. Still can't believe that no battroid pics have leaked; those must be some fiendishly enforced NDAs at Bandai and their factories.

As for the -31, I hope the forearms are tweaked to add a little bulk, but I digress.

Is there a for-sure date for seeing battroid mode for the SV-262? I remember hearing early April, but I don't know if that's a solid yes or just a guess based on episode 2 airing or what.

Looks like it's still a wait and see kind of thing. And that's killing most of us, right? ;)

Ok gonna be honest, part of me wonders if this is gonna be a first release syndrome not helped by bandai's past record again...

You mean like the VF-25 v1 releases? If so, I have a feeling it's not since it's already based on Chronos. Unless I misunderstood your post. ;) Edited by no3ljm

@noel

I actually have similar reply earlier but this was a 262 thread and as far as design, we don't know if it is based on similar vf before. But, IMO, I think bandai had learned it's lesson on the v1 25.

Whoops! Wrong reply. Wrong thread. Hehehe. :D But, yeah, I think it will be ok since they learned their lessons back then. ;) Unless ofcourse, this release might inherit the infamous VF-171 CF syndrome. Which I hope won't happen. Coz this fighter valk looks cooler to have a problem upon release. ;)

CF's problem was due to crap plastic used on a really complex design. All the EX models used a better quality plastic and haven't exploded that we know of. So the 262 may have its own problems, but plastic quality shouldn't be one of them any more.

CF's problem was due to crap plastic used on a really complex design. All the EX models used a better quality plastic and haven't exploded that we know of. So the 262 may have its own problems, but plastic quality shouldn't be one of them any more.

I'd honestly blame the design more than the plastic since the assembly and tolerances seemed to be a bigger issue. But that's just me. I just think anyone designing something with that many superfluous parts and unnecessary mechanisms is asking for it to fail horribly.

I think only time will tell if Bandai's engineers learned from that, but as far as I know the YF-30 was pretty much problem free, so they may be getting better.

Edited by Chronocidal

I'd honestly blame the design more than the plastic since the assembly and tolerances seemed to be a bigger issue. But that's just me. I just think anyone designing something with that many superfluous parts and unnecessary mechanisms is asking for it to fail horribly.

I think only time will tell if Bandai's engineers learned from that, but as far as I know the YF-30 was pretty much problem free, so they may be getting better.

Other than the back mechanism making the battroid less gappy than Yamato's 17, EVERYTHING else about the 171 was massively over engineered. They really were asking for things to break. Since then it looks like they've reigned in where they do more complicated things, even with all the extra flourishes on the 19. I think the 262 should be good.

Thanks all for going through the issues based on bandai's track record. Its down to plain luck sometimes if a toy is problematic or will have a renewal pending.

Not something we can predict with exact logic or extrapolation..Thats for new releases anyway...

Its still down to whether you like the proportions, design, colors for some folks or the ability to amaze you in its transformation.

Thanks all for going through the issues based on bandai's track record. Its down to plain luck sometimes if a toy is problematic or will have a renewal pending.

Not something we can predict with exact logic or extrapolation..Thats for new releases anyway...

Its still down to whether you like the proportions, design, colors for some folks or the ability to amaze you in its transformation.

And most important of all, its 'lifespan' after the first successful transformation. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry in advance if I'm wrong, I think I saw the battroid mode at the end of the OP (Episode 2)..Hard to tell what it was look like because the animation was too fast (fighting scene with Delta 05)..Let's wait for someone to upload it..​

Edited by unlogic

No battroid yet at least not from the op...

1. I like the gold details from what looks to be the shins of the feet.

2. I thk one arm has gold details on the right (pilots view) forearm area. Whilst the left arm looks like IT has an engraved sleeve...

3. The left arm looks like a giant triangular shield?? I have a feeling that part of the tail section became a shield some how??

Great grabs Seti!

Interesting. I guessed that it would have an overhead beam cannon and that the rear section with the tail fin was one arm with shield ( tailfin split in half) jokingly. Didn't expect the front top section to be the other side. I was expecting the arms to be split length wise along the fuselage.

Edited by wmkjr

the right forearm is the gold detail most close to the cockpit in fighter mode and the left is the tailfin as a shield

as many of us speculated that the arms where in the middle of the fighter

but with this the two arms at the top of fighter mode??

or just the tailfin is used as a lock between the two arms and then pass to the left arm from above to below

Edited by jos3m

Am I gettin' old or is every one of these new fangled transformation sequences or battle sequences getting faster and choppier - those darn youngsters, what happened to taking a step back and enjoying the glory of the ingenuity of engineering and seeing the entire battle from a distance to get a feel for the big picture instead of these fast cut clips?!

Am I gettin' old or is every one of these new fangled transformation sequences or battle sequences getting faster and choppier - those darn youngsters, what happened to taking a step back and enjoying the glory of the ingenuity of engineering and seeing the entire battle from a distance to get a feel for the big picture instead of these fast cut clips?!

We're both getting old, but your point is still valid and would make for beter watching with a bit of that ad well.

Also, I really want to see the toy in Gerwalk now!

I don't understand how the VF-9 transforms.

The shoulders are mounted on either side of a beam, which is connected to the body by a central pivot. The arms of the VF-9, in jet mode, compress to shorten their length, the hands retract, and the arms rotate in-line with each other, wrists touching. The beam/arm assembly is situated longitudinally to be in-line with the forward fuselage. In battroid, the beam rotates 90 deg from its position in fighter.

Here's a link to the official lineart; look at transformation details 1,2, and 3: http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossga/vf-9.htm

It's one of Kawamori's more complex transformations. Anyway, the comparison we're making is with the beam connection for the arms is similar between the VF-9 and the Sv-262.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Which is why every new Valk should enjoy a mandatory VF-0S Macross Zero like sequence on it's debut!

Edited by Moosey

Great grabs Seti!

Interesting. I guessed that it would have an overhead beam cannon and that the rear section with the tail fin was one arm with shield ( tailfin split in half) jokingly. Didn't expect the front top section to be the other side. I was expecting the arms to be split length wise along the fuselage.

Wow Thts a pretty good guess! I would wager that it's really possible esp on the shield, but am not a gambling man heheh...

the right forearm is the gold detail most close to the cockpit in fighter mode and the left is the tailfin as a shield

as many of us speculated that the arms where in the middle of the fighter

but with this the two arms at the top of fighter mode??

or just the tailfin is used as a lock between the two arms and then pass to the left arm from above to below

I thk it's what wmkjr said...I can't imagine tho how that would make the toy any easier to transform... Bandai's engineers got their work cut out for them on this valk!

Am totally on board for the BFG on the top though!!!!!!

Which is why every new Valk should enjoy a mandatory VF-0S Macross Zero like sequence on it's debut!

Hey if magical girls can have them...why not valks? just once would be enough tho heheh

Thank god we're gonna get cool pilot figs for these, not pretty boys with funky hair and all

Are there gonna be pilot figs? Heart yells yea baby bring it!! Wallet says NOOO!!

So, do the wings mount to the shoulders? That's what it looks like to me. If so, that's something new & refreshing!

I thk don't thk It can although it looks like it...the wings would be too heavy and wide...