Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

haha! I was just going to mention that myself! This might turn out to be a Valkyrie with a "Bigfoot" complex! :p

Didn't Kawamori mention that one of the new variable fighters will have a unique transformation? To be honest I wouldn't want to see it look or transform anything like the VB-6.. and in this earlier pic below it does show that there will be 3x transformation modes..?

*snip*

I don't mind the paint job so much, it does give the thing a more sinister look about it. What I don't really like is the colored over cockpit canopy.. much like on the VF-27's which I switched over to the clear canopies. If this is the case then I hope they include a clear option part.

What do you mean? The VB-6 has also three modes. I don't think the transformation is probably different to the VB-6 but I think the transformation of the legs will be similar.

All I can say is that the back of that Sv-262 has a bunch of flaps that remind me of the VB-6 quite a bit. Would be interesting if the wings actually become the legs, and those big nozzle halves we see flip around to become the heels.

The 262 is looking a lot more finished than the VF-31 though.

I think the wing parts closest to the inner gold near the fuselage becomes the legs, The big nozzle halves tuck into those flaps on the end, or they split again with the gold front ones to the front and the blue portion behind as the heels kinda like the Legios. There is also a semi recessed gunpod(?) with a fin on the underside.

Edited by wmkjr

I think it might have similar legs than the Koenig Monster. I painted in some areas into the picture:

attachicon.gifsv-626_draken_3.png

The magenta colored areas seem to be shoulders. Because than you have a nice marking for the Draken Boys squadron on the shoulder. The green part seems to be the lower leg and the blue part has to be the ankle.

The outer part of the wing is likely part of the backpack. If they are part of the backpack than they have to be connected on the underside of the Valkyrie. That would lead to a funky Gerwalk-Mode because than the legs could only swing upwards which would mean that the cockpit is on the underside of Gerwalk-Mode. Which doesn't seem that unrealistic since the whole cockpit seems to be shielded to begin with.

To keep the pilot with the head upwards it would have to rotate 180 degree around the roll axis which probably inhibit more movements of the cockpit area. That means that cockpit area would stay in place for all three modes just like on the YF-30.

Your thoughts?

Magenta area for shoulders do seem so, looking at how the insignia is tampo'ed at the side of the valk instead of facing upward (which normally r the cases!).

Nice catch scyla on that.

It would be awesome to have a shoulder patch, looking even more beefier now! B))B))

The lower blue part i suspect could be the arm! Due to the single thruster config, the legs would require centralisation, and if the lower blue is a leg, then the legs would be gigantic!

I cant see where the arms would slot to if that is the case, leaving me to believe that it most likely the arm/wrist area.

All said, how do the flaps sit in part of the arm or leg!

Agree with you also that maybe the head unit would be underside..

Weird all this discussion on beefy/arms/legs is giving me a strange vibe...

post-15116-0-57054500-1446341709_thumb.jpg

The 262 wing stripes look like zentradi pockets!!!

Is the 262 a reference to me-262, the super jet from the big bad guy that out perform everything?

hmmm.,,you may hv a point there, now with the european castles backdrop...a german influence?

That's why my first guess at the name was "Schwalbe III". (As I didn't have my katakana chart out at the time---I just saw that it was a relatively short name and ended in III, which always means Kawamori used the name of an older existing plane). Plus it's model 262, which I refuse to believe (unless countered by HFH himself) is just a random number, and NOT to homage the Me262. It'd be like having a Macross civil transport named VP-747 or something...

That's why my first guess at the name was "Schwalbe III". (As I didn't have my katakana chart out at the time---I just saw that it was a relatively short name and ended in III, which always means Kawamori used the name of an older existing plane). Plus it's model 262, which I refuse to believe (unless countered by HFH himself) is just a random number, and NOT to homage the Me262. It'd be like having a Macross civil transport named VP-747 or something...

yeah'd of thought Schwalbe would have been a better name especially considering they are using the 262 model number.. but on a visual point of view it looks nothing like a 262.. Myself I would have rather seen a closer homage to the original SAAB 35 Draken name for example Sv-135 Draken III or something like that don't you think? the 262 number simply doesn't fit.. and I don't think it was so random either. I think they just chose poorly.

I have a feeling that this might have a YF-21/VF-22 transformation vibe to it. ;)

I'd hate to think so but yeah you could be right.. especially with the whole single engine theme.

What do you mean? The VB-6 has also three modes. I don't think the transformation is probably different to the VB-6 but I think the transformation of the legs will be similar.

yeah sorry had a momentary brain freeze on that one.. for some stupid and completely unknown reason I had in my mind the VB-6 only having two modes!?!?!? :huh::rolleyes:

You don't think 262 is just a play on 31? I mean 2 x 31 is 62. Stretch?

with these guys who knows.. anything is possible! It sure as hell wasn't something I thought about..

Quoting Cyde01 from the Delta announcement thread.

aerialknight1.jpgaerialknight2.jpg

what the heck are these things? everyone associated with the aerial knights has one. it's highly likely that the aerial knights and the wind kingdom are a new alien race(perhaps indigenous to this planet?), and perhaps having random diamonds at the ends of their hair is a distinguishing feature of their race.

I noticed these diamond hair ends too.

All the knights seem to have them.

post-17939-0-16352800-1446392471_thumb.jpg

My thoughts weren't that they were aliens or another race necessarily but maybe implants of some type.

Also the SV-262 has a closed cockpit design so I'm taking another leap here but do they "plug-in" to their Valks with these arrowhead/implant/USBs!?!

Shares too many similarities with the previous yf-30.

But wasn't that the point? The VF-31 would be the production version of the YF-30 and wasn't meant to be an all new valkyrie, just as the VF-22 was a production version of the YF-21.

The changes were more drastic on the 31 than the 22, but the same thing happened with the VF-19 variants where there were almost no shared parts (as far as looks go) between the YF-19 and the 19E, F, S, P, etc.

Quoting Cyde01 from the Delta announcement thread.

I noticed these diamond hair ends too.

All the knights seem to have them.

attachicon.gifknights usb hair.jpg

My thoughts weren't that they were aliens or another race necessarily but maybe implants of some type.

Also the SV-262 has a closed cockpit design so I'm taking another leap here but do they "plug-in" to their Valks with these arrowhead/implant/USBs!?!

Uh oh, Avatar did it! (old south park quote "Simpsons did it")

But wasn't that the point? The VF-31 would be the production version of the YF-30 and wasn't meant to be an all new valkyrie, just as the VF-22 was a production version of the YF-21.

The changes were more drastic on the 31 than the 22, but the same thing happened with the VF-19 variants where there were almost no shared parts (as far as looks go) between the YF-19 and the 19E, F, S, P, etc.

I see the point, but my sentiment stems from a general dislike of the Mac frontier valks. I know it's a non-popular opinion 'round these parts, but yeah.

Having spent a lot of time up close with the Chogokin Draken III prototype today, I gotta say that it's the sexiest piece of Valkyrie toy engineering since the Yamato VF-4. The underside is smooth as silk. And yes, there are two engines.

Two engines huh. Well, those 2 engines must be right next to each other to be able to give off the illusion of a single engine plane. Nice!

2 words. pre-order madness.

Thats one sexy paintjob and sculpt!! Looks like it fits together very well!

Agreed. Hype for the SV-262 rose yet again to another level!

This is probably one of the few Delta news that Macross fan can agree on and is totally happy with. :lol:

Two engines huh. Well, those 2 engines must be right next to each other to be able to give off the illusion of a single engine plane. Nice!

Agreed. Hype for the SV-262 rose yet again to another level!

This is probably one of the few Delta news that Macross fan can agree on and is totally happy with. :lol:

Something like that?

post-18307-0-46781100-1446414779_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scyla

Um... like what?

Like a twin engine fighter-jet that has them close together? That isn't a concept that is uncommon so I was surprised that the idea the Draken has only one engine came up. Especially after we seen what it looks like. In addition I just like to post images of aircrafts....

...because aircrafts are awesome. :)

Well, the picture isn't showing. :p

But Euro-fighter? That's one sexy looking delta winged fighter. Is it just me or are European Air Forces total in love with the Delta styled fighter planes.

That design might be common in real life, but it's my first time seeing it on a Macross Valkyrie.

It's time to play Who's this Pokemon?

9-dassault-rafale-b-of-the-french-air-ge

Edited by Reaction Warhead

Well, the picture isn't showing. :p

But Euro-fighter? That's one sexy looking delta winged fighter. Is it just me or are European Air Forces total in love with the Delta styled fighter planes.

That design might be common in real life, but it's my first time seeing it on a Macross Valkyrie.

It's time to play Who's this Pokemon?

*snip*

Oh sorry I couldn't tell from Sildanis post what's the matter. Is it now showing up? It was showing up perfectly fine for me.

That is easy it is the Dassault Rafale. The ugly fuel probe destroys the whole look of the aircraft.

I was thinking that the engines are actually within the legs on either side of the feet, but the angle of the pic doesn't show. For the battroid, that would make sense. Interesting that the canopy is completely opaque, which makes me think the little diamonds in their hair may be a telepresensence transmitter/receiver, essentially a more advanced version of the YF-21's BDI system.

Can't wait to see battroid. I still think the intakes are going to form the chest, a la YF-21, and the small squarish blocks behind the intake are going to be swivel blocks for the shoulder, like the -25, and the shoulder pauldrons are the large section that form the fuselage behind the intake. I imagine the arm itself either folds, or inserts into the leg. All conjecture, but I guess we'll see.

The Rafale is such a gorgeous plane! Its right up there with my all time favorites!

@Scyla.. yeah the fixed external fuel probe does spoil the look a little but im use to seeing it now so it doesn't bother me. In fact its grown on me!

I was reading something about why they chose to do it that way. Saves a few hundred kg in weight and over 500,000 euro's (which includes maintenance costs over the life of the jet) in cost compared to a deploy-able unit.

I was thinking that the engines are actually within the legs on either side of the feet, but the angle of the pic doesn't show. For the battroid, that would make sense. Interesting that the canopy is completely opaque, which makes me think the little diamonds in their hair may be a telepresensence transmitter/receiver, essentially a more advanced version of the YF-21's BDI system.

Can't wait to see battroid. I still think the intakes are going to form the chest, a la YF-21, and the small squarish blocks behind the intake are going to be swivel blocks for the shoulder, like the -25, and the shoulder pauldrons are the large section that form the fuselage behind the intake. I imagine the arm itself either folds, or inserts into the leg. All conjecture, but I guess we'll see.

Yeah, I'm excited to see how this thing will transform. I think it's pretty well known that valks are design with fighter mode in mind first, and battroid secondary. As long as the Battriod doesn't look like this...I'm happy,

ac160201.jpg

Oh lord have mercy.