Help identifying the source for a Macross image

Mr March

I can confirm with 100% certainty that it's in the January 2004 Newtype USA. Don't have the corresponding Japanese issue though.

EDIT: Here's a scan if you want: f78819443864634.jpg

wow, It's hard to believe it was that long ago. I remember seeing that issue for sale in an F.Y.E. in the mall and absolutely NEEDING to buy it because of that picture. I don't think I have it any more, I know I read it so many times that it eventually started to fall apart.

Edited by anime52k8

• 3 weeks later...

I know what you mean. When I sat and thought about it I was doing a second tour in Korea when I got my copy of Macross Zero. I wanted to watch it so bad that I risked going to the base post office early morning during an exercise to pick it up (getting caught at the post office during a simulated chem attack would definitely suck and would have put a delay on me getting some sleep). Unfortunately the subtitling was horrible so i was little confused and PO'd while watching it needless to say. Damn, time does flies by!

I love stories like that. It's so amazing how motivated we are for those things that really drive our passion. I remember way back in the day paying so much money for some of the Macross products and while I always lamented paying so much money, I was always motivated to find some way to make it work. During those years I lacked proper employment, I'd sacrifice spending on all kinds of things just to save enough money to buy the Macross products I wanted. I remember particularly when buying the early Yamato toys and even the Animeigo DVD set of SDF Macross I'd go to great lengths to get them. Even now, searching all over for old, long discontinued and out-of-print Macross books, magazines, video games doesn't seem like all that big a deal to me because I'm used to it, but it's a real time and money sink. But what can we do if we love Macross? :)

I wanted to watch it so bad that I risked going to the base post office early morning during an exercise to pick it up (getting caught at the post office during a simulated chem attack would definitely suck and would have put a delay on me getting some sleep).

This sounds like something you would see in a Macross episode. I remember in FMP Belfangan Clouseau was shown to be an otaku in the anime. I got a kick from that.

Edited by Skull_Leader91