Little worried that HLJ had their PO open for so long - do they have any history of not honoring or "running out" of Pre orders? Just seems odd that the other sites were up and closed in seconds yet HLJ was there for a long time with this....

Will be super disappointed if that is the case....

I kinda wish the Macross World twitter account would mention it - but the trick seems to be to check in threads in the Toys forum about a week prior to the 1st of the month.

They retweeted the info on the Macrossworld Twitter account on the 27th. It showed a link to the Tamashii special page. The preorder date was at the bottom of the page.

Like you said, you can also check the threads here for the info. If you want, you can hit the "follow this topic" button on the top right if you want the latest thread posts sent to your text and email I believe. But be warned that if the thread is hot it'll flood your inbox.

You can also go to the Macross portal site and click on the news section and look through the announcements. Both there and the Tamashii website are not in English but a quick Google translate can provide you with enough info that you should be able to get the gist of it.

Edited by wmkjr

What sheer luck! I noticed i had thr vf-31j in cart after the madness and tried to checkout knowing the item had stopped preorder but surprisingly it got through and the confirmation email got through as well!

I scored another at NY for 16000 yen.. keeping my fingers crossed in case i dont have at hlj i still have NY..

Little worried that HLJ had their PO open for so long - do they have any history of not honoring or "running out" of Pre orders? Just seems odd that the other sites were up and closed in seconds yet HLJ was there for a long time with this....

It happens from time to time. Especially if they open the preorder again from now on. There have been cases in the past where people ordered in that period who didn't get the item (see the latest YF-29 Alto Use reissue). It is a bit worrying that the preorder windows stayed open this long today and that you could complete preorders while the item was on order stop but still in your cart. The latter case would be a warning sign for me personally that I might not be able to get the item.

You can always sent them an email asking for clarification.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? It Seems to be getting more and more difficult to get with every succeeding pre-order. Is it the stores? Or bandai itself?

Edited by DarkHawk

Keep an eye out over the next few months. More pre-orders will inevitably show up. You can also wait until release. They are often available on the same sites after all of the pre-order stock is filled.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? It Seems to be getting more and more difficult to get with every succeeding pre-order. Is it the stores? Or bandai itself?

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that when it comes to Chuck's 31 we won't see the same sort of crazy pre-order shenanigans. Hayate is the primary Hero so his Valk is going to be the nutty one ot pre-order. Not sure who else in the show is popular and who else will have the crazy pre-order but not all of these will be as hard to get I would imagine.

LOL....what a crazy PO last night. Worst one in a long time.

Woke up this morning and realized that my payment to AE had double posted. UGH. Now I need to make sure they refund it and hope they don't screw up and cancel out the whole order! :wacko:

This ever happen to anyone?

There is still the possibility that HLJ really didn't have enough stock even though people received confirmation emails and it shows up on their open orders.

Yeah - I guess all ya can do is hope that you got in early enough I guess? I had a confirmation email back by 2 minutes after the hour so it felt like I got in there fairly early....

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that when it comes to Chuck's 31 we won't see the same sort of crazy pre-order shenanigans. Hayate is the primary Hero so his Valk is going to be the nutty one ot pre-order. Not sure who else in the show is popular and who else will have the crazy pre-order but not all of these will be as hard to get I would imagine.

I guess it depends on how well the scalpers are able to sell their stock. If they aren't able to sell all the VF-31J at a profit they won't bother to order the other variants. They probably expect the same level of anticipation compared to the Frontier Valkyries. If the show is not as popular with the Mecha fans as Frontier or if the VF-31s turn out to be crap they won't bother trying to scalp them. See also Arcadias VF-0 (not popular & expensive) and ET VF-2SS (crap & expensive).

I think what we saw with the Valkyrie today as well as the HMR releases is that scalpers expected the same demand situation as with the DX Chogokin Frontier ones. The VF-31J is rather expensive so I if the popularity is not there we can expect some more relaxed preorders after releases three or four. If they are popular you can expect the same as today.

It also depends on the period to come. If HLJ is able to acquire enough stock to satisfy todays orders and is able to open the preorder window several times and the toy is available after release we can make an assumption on the supply level from Bandai. If Bandai produces enough stock the order situation will relax.

However it is far too early to tell how the future releases will turn out.

Congrats! I'm still learning to drive, gotta wait a few months before mine. I wonder when the valk reviews will start rolling in?

Probably by December when it get released.

There is still the possibility that HLJ really didn't have enough stock even though people received confirmation emails and it shows up on their open orders.

I think it's more like the system of ordering. This is being done automated. And probably they just have some 'alloted numbers' in the system that allows it how many can It receive. And by doing so at the same time, system gets confused or probably gets a glitch by processing everything at the same time, e.g. the item left in the cart even though PO stopped hours ago. And still can get processed, and down the line the system will recognize that all the alloted numbers are already been covered. Unless, there's still a backup numbers that they can still fill. Either way, we can't expect a perfect system for it because it's not just HLJ. There's some problems too in the other shops as well. Either way, congrats to people who nabbed one or more. ;)

it happenedto me with the YF-29 Alto reissue couple months ago, i snatched it after the PO window, it was released, got out of stock again, and my order is still sitting in my account waiting to be fullfilled.

Yes - they've had preorders go unfulfilled in the past. Sort of a crapshoot, unfortunately. I think this happened with one of the VF-25 releases (Ozma, maybe?)

I actually DID land a preorder at HLJ - struck out over a dozen times, but one time it got far enough for me to select private warehouse before crashing. I when i tried to re-do it i couldn't make it that far

This morning i got an order confirmation - looks like it came in 12:17 am PST so my near miss was a hit, woohoo! Hope HLJ comes through, because they beat AmiAmi's prices

Has anyone figured out why the pre-order price was so different? It's ranged from 18000 yen on HLJ to 19400 yen on AA to about 15680 yen on NY. thats like a $40 difference?

HLJ should incorporate a rewards system like almost every other online store.

What's their incentive? Doesn't seem like they're losing salesP

Plus, who uses AmiAmi, for example, for their rewards system? Doesn't everyone use it b/c they have the product range and preorder discounts we want?

Edited by OptionZero

I use Amiami, NY, and CDJ rewards from time to time. Doesn't hurt to have them to save a little each time, especially if the savings add up in the end and I haven't needed customer service. Over the course of all of the Delta Valkyries and option parts releases, it's possible to rack up rewards in additional discounts of $50 to $100 or more.

Hey guys. Last night during all of the HLJ shenanigans with timeouts and page not founds, i tried to buy like 3 times. Well, it looks like I still have ONE of those attempts still sitting in my cart. (one of my prior attempts went through and I got my valk).

I don't know if being "in cart" puts an inventory hold on the item or not, but I'm about to release it immediately after this post posts. So those of you who missed out, see if it comes back up as available.

Nope, but thanks anyway.

They're fast asleep at the moment.

Maybe when they re-open for business, the stock may update as those with multiple orders or cancelations are weeded out/processed/etc.