I could not get into Frontier, too cliche anime for my tastes compared to SDFM. This looks....worse? SDFM was a great war story that was relatable and had characters who weren't magical teens in high-school (yet somehow also on the front line as fighter pilots) who were the chosen ones. I'm in the camp that Plus was the last great Macross property (which wasn't even really Macross anyway). Guess we will see, not excited for this sadly.

As for the valk, yeah it looks nice, but remember when a new vf number meant a radical redesign? I am tired of the chest folding for battroid, crotch plate jutting, too similar legs and feet, and wings on the back that don't fold up. It's going stale for me. I'm more interested in this than the 30 design, so I will probably get one, but yeah.

Macross is losing me, and that makes me sad. I have a single 29, the only frontier toy I own because I liked the design and it was easy to get. I own a vf 21 because it was super cheap and it was in plus, I own a vf-11 because it was in plus. So out of 7 and frontier I own 1 valk toy based purely on design. I own 9 vf-1's. Realizing that for a long time transforming plane mecha was the only reason to stay in the game as apposed to liking the property those mecha are featured in is making me sad.

The thing that I like about Macross as a property is that it isn't afraid to change.

But I understand how the same changes that bring new/creative ideas sometimes leave fans behind. For me, Frontier was easy to get into as a series. I enjoyed it as much as I have any other Macross series/ova that I've seen to date. But I wasn't quick to adopt Bandai's DX toys. I think I'm going to take the same wait and see approach for the Macross Delta DX toys. I need more of a connection than just a good design or some possible link to a real-world aircraft.

And with that said, I know it's also possible that Macross Delta could be a flop for me too. It may be a series for some other demographic. And that's okay. With all the news in the last 24 hours, we certainly have options. ;)

I could not get into Frontier, too cliche anime for my tastes compared to SDFM. This looks....worse? SDFM was a great war story that was relatable and had characters who weren't magical teens in high-school (yet somehow also on the front line as fighter pilots) who were the chosen ones. I'm in the camp that Plus was the last great Macross property (which wasn't even really Macross anyway). Guess we will see, not excited for this sadly.

This. I'm too old to watch this kiddie stuff that just rolls out of Anime-factory with different labels. I want clever plots, interesting adult characters, dialogue that isn't just repeating each others names or "listen to my song" over and over, actual intelligent "bad guys" (not some weird space monsters) and then some mechs to boot :)

Edited by Zonnet

I just had a frightening thought, no gun pod but now they have forearm mounting gun pods. That frees up the battaroid's hands to use battroid sized musical instruments? :blink::p

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! lol

Good points about the direction this series may take, but besides SDF:M, DYRL and Macross Plus my first love has always been the mecha designs vs. story (I did like Frontier because of all of the homages).

Hell, I buy Gundam merchandise without ever having watched a full episode or movie.

If this series turns out to be not my cup of tea, that's cool - I'll pick and choose the toys I like and call it a day.

-b.

31-d.jpg31-e.jpg31-f.jpg

Nice to see clearer photos of the VF-31 Siegfried. So it doesn't have the VF-25 torso transformation. So everything is from the YF-30 with subtle changes probably on the nosecone area. The back kibble thing is still there. And it uses also the same folding shoulder from the 30. Nice and clean. But basically, we're seeing arms getting slimmer and slimmer every series. ;)

Anyways, looking forward to learn more about this mech. And curious enough to see if there's a straight Red, Black, and White release in the future. If not, I might pass on this line. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3ljm

I thought it would be a cool design if the wings on the VF-25 folded into the other direction providing additional armor plating around the cockpit. However the VF-31 (and most likely the SV-262) shows that Kawamori likes the angelic wing design more.

And curious enough to see if there's a straight Red, Black, and White release in the future. If not, I might pass on this line. :rolleyes:

I think No.2 is your best bet no3jim. Only slight accents of red though.

Personally no.3s colours (yes the yellow one!) has piqued my interest.

post-17939-0-16125200-1446137130_thumb.jpg

Also I'm assuming so far that the "hero" valkyrie (the 05 modex with no art on it's back) belongs to this Freyja character??

Edited by Moosey

I think No.2 is your best bet no3jim. Only slight accents of red though.

Personally no.3s colours (yes the yellow one!) has piqued my interest.

attachicon.gif31s - lined.jpg

Also I'm assuming so far that the "hero" valkyrie (the 05 modex with no art on it's back) belongs to this Freyja character??

No. 2 is the black one, correct? Coz the 'red' one on the far left looks more like Brera's colors. If it's Red, I might give it a try. :unsure:

And yes, the Valk on the foreground belongs to Freyja.

No. 2 is the black one, correct? Coz the 'red' one on the far left looks more like Brera's colors. If it's Red, I might give it a try. :unsure:

Yeah black is 02.

Interesting that the red one doesn't have artwork on it's back either.

Wonder about 03 (yellow) one.........

I wonder how long after the release of the 1st one we will get around to the colours we prefer!

And yes, the Valk on the foreground belongs to Freyja.

Where was this mentioned? I didn't hear that Freyja ia a pilot. I assumed the blue one was the guy with blue hair's valk.

man, I go to bed and so much activity happens. Well, It looks like I'm going to be buying valks again, because that looks awesome and will be mine.

I hope bandai decides to go with clear stand adapters for this line.

Tochiro said thet they mentioned that "the girls" are not pilots, but support the pilots (by singing). So she doesn't pilot the valk, though she might be linked to it (?)

Whoops. My bad. ;)

The idea of what I posted last night stuck in my head while I'm watching the announcement -- MACROSS X AKB48 Collaboration. Hehehe. :lol:

So I take it this is just an evolution of the entire Jamming Birds concept then? Hmmm....not sure if I'm excited or skeptical.

On the other hand, it probably means that that red-haired Zentraedi-looking girl is likely one of the pilots for this group, with a backseat backup singer. So we might get some female pilots after all, possibly on both sides of the whole conflict.

As far as the design is concerned... it looks really unfinished at best. It's got engraved details for the front gear, but nothing there yet, and no sign of rear landing gear at all.

Also, the implementation of that pod thing is terrible in fighter. It's not even as streamlined as the YF-30's, and it's like they made no attempt to blend in where it attaches. It honestly looks like they used the backplate from a YF-29, but left the shield off, so you have that weird jagged attachment point at the back.

I mean, I like the overall design, but this is clearly far from finished.

Edited by Chronocidal

I wonder why they took off the pod in Battroid?

So its not only me that noticed where the pod went in Battroid mode?... I was hoping for something a little different. The pod arm was above the back on the old YF-30, but this version looks like the pod arm is below the aircraft, how would that swing up and over the head when its in Battroid? Does it say anywhere that its "Perfect Transformation"? or are we just assuming? - not to ring any alarm bells... :p

I like the aircraft mode, sleek, but I wished the wings swung or folded into itself a little more to minimize the growing back kibble - I know its been said before, but I whole heartedly agree that this just seems like a lazy way of getting stuff they didn't need in the transformation out of the way. (when only viewed straight on from the front!)

Wished the fold crystals/sensors were clear instead of just a paint app.