Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ironically, for the first time in like 2 years (since they came out I think), I just took the super parts off my Mirage this week...     Except the missiles, gotta keep the missiles on.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Repressed initiative in the collective unconscious?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Repressed initiative in the collective unconscious?

image.png.1e0e42dbe06d1df037697f90c593f13e.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Repressed initiative in the collective unconscious?

 

Just now, Grey728 said:

image.png.1e0e42dbe06d1df037697f90c593f13e.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you feeling totally discombobulated @Sildani after two years for hunting a complete set of Supers for Mirage?:blink:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Um, maybe? Valk hunting is hard. 
 

I was also trying to make a Ghostbusters reference, y’know when Dana was in the firehouse and Egon and Spengler were talking about race memories in the collective unconscious. Three separate people mucking about with Mirage Super Parts at more or less the same time; repressed initiative. 
 

Aaand that’s enough internet for today. I’ll take my hat and see myself out, no need to show me the way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Protip: check the boosters for oil.  Mine had leaked some onto the valk itself.  Appears Bandai put a little bit into the sliding section to loosen things up?  (not the little tab, the big part)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2020 at 11:57 AM, Sandman said:

Thanks. I'll pick one up. Just hope i can paint the black strip on decently.

i asked Mandarake for $40 dollars 15% off (3150 yen) and they agreed. Brought down what i paid from 21000 to 17850 yen. Not bad but i wouldn't have bought a valk with a broken fin for that price. At least i won't waste money on shipping doing a return.

Well guess what happened on my next order. Ordered a 1S from amiami. Opened the box, pulled out the valk and the right arm falls off. Broken shoulder hinge. Looked at the left arm, the shoulder hinge is half broken. I wasn't able to find the pieces of plastic in the box or on my desk which leads me to believe the guy who sold it to amiami had already broken it and amiami didn't notice. 

I've already contacted amiami and i don't have hope of a good solution like with mandarake. They seem really rude and have weird questions and requests. After sending them pics of the toy. they asked for the shipping invoice. Send them that. Then they wanted me to take a pic with the toy and invoice in the same pic. Basically making jump through hoops. Looks like they don't offer a discount. I'll have to return it to them which will only be worth it if they pay for the shipping back to them. Arghhh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Well guess what happened on my next order. Ordered a 1S from amiami. Opened the box, pulled out the valk and the right arm falls off. Broken shoulder hinge. Looked at the left arm, the shoulder hinge is half broken. I wasn't able to find the pieces of plastic in the box or on my desk which leads me to believe the guy who sold it to amiami had already broken it and amiami didn't notice. 

I've already contacted amiami and i don't have hope of a good solution like with mandarake. They seem really rude and have weird questions and requests. After sending them pics of the toy. they asked for the shipping invoice. Send them that. Then they wanted me to take a pic with the toy and invoice in the same pic. Basically making jump through hoops. Looks like they don't offer a discount. I'll have to return it to them which will only be worth it if they pay for the shipping back to them. Arghhh.

Damn that sucks! But to be fair, taking some pictures so they have some verifiable documentation for any action they may take on your behalf doesn’t exactly sound like jumping through hoops to me. Seems pretty reasonable actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is the second time that you have issues @Sandman.

The 31J Kai had a broken antenna in which there was a solution, based on the second re-read of your post, was that a brand new 31s or Yammie 1/60 1s pre-owned? :vava:  

Edit: Change of post of second re-reading.

Edited by borgified

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it a 31S or an old Yamato VF-1S with a broken shoulder hinge? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2020 at 11:14 PM, jenius said:

Is it a 31S or an old Yamato VF-1S with a broken shoulder hinge? 

The second option, VF-1S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2020 at 9:20 PM, Slave IV said:

Damn that sucks! But to be fair, taking some pictures so they have some verifiable documentation for any action they may take on your behalf doesn’t exactly sound like jumping through hoops to me. Seems pretty reasonable actually.

Well when they ask for pics, then more pics and now they want a video. I call it hoop jumping. I don't even know how they expect me to send a video when their email system only allows 2MBs for an attachment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Well when they ask for pics, then more pics and now they want a video. I call it hoop jumping. I don't even know how they expect me to send a video when their email system only allows 2MBs for an attachment.

I didn't see you mention the video part before and I thought perhaps maybe you missed a part where they asked for the picture of the item with the invoice the first time. The only time I had to deal with amiami, they were very pleasant and straightforward. I remember they asked for a photo of the item with the invoice. They paid for shipping to return the defective item and sent me a new one. This may be a little different if it's a used item. Either way, good luck and hope you get a good solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Straight up; honest opinions please: is the VF-31A worth the extra effort to obtain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Straight up; honest opinions please: is the VF-31A worth the extra effort to obtain?

It was for me! But I’m a completist with that stuff. And it has enough difference they it was worth it. Not just another paint job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s got a different paint scheme, different head, and different wings. 
 

but it’s the same figure, so, really it depends on how much you like the dx vf-31 and how much you want the only noticeably different version of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2020 at 5:21 PM, Sandman said:

Well when they ask for pics, then more pics and now they want a video. I call it hoop jumping. I don't even know how they expect me to send a video when their email system only allows 2MBs for an attachment.

The saga continues. A 31F i ordered came in today. Missing the head fin. I'm 3 and 3 now. At least it comes with another fin but Jeez is anyone doing their job checking what they buy at Manadarake.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Straight up; honest opinions please: is the VF-31A worth the extra effort to obtain?

Depends, the other 31 figures are starting to climb (or at least Mirage and Arad are), is it worth the premium over Mirage/Arad? Depends if you like the color scheme and different wing shape. Is it worth more than double a Chuck, Messer, or Hayate? Probably not in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Straight up; honest opinions please: is the VF-31A worth the extra effort to obtain?

To clarify, there are no effort involved. it is just cashing up double or triple (depende on what 31 figure you compare it to). My personal limit is 40k yen, anything above that, it is not worth it but of course, different collector, different perspective.

 

It is worth it due to different wing configuration and color scheme, which compared to delta 31, have almost the same design and just different stripes here and there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha, you're ignoring the effort of earning money!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Straight up; honest opinions please: is the VF-31A worth the extra effort to obtain?

No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jenius said:

Ha, you're ignoring the effort of earning money!

Got me there. Ouch, point taken haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you were lucky enough to get preorder, then yes.

If not, well no.

The Kairos is w awesome but not for the insane prices on the second and third markets.

It sure would be nice if Bandai released another wave of these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Cool! Thanks for the feedback all. I'll keep an available the right opportunity.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, chyll2 said:

My personal limit is 40k yen, anything above that, it is not worth it but of course, different collector, different perspective.

 

11 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

It was for me! But I’m a completist with that stuff. And it has enough difference they it was worth it. Not just another paint job.

I should really add that I also found it at a price I was willing to spend from @no3Ljm here. So, it was expensive but within my personal limits and contributing to another board member. I’ve only seen the price come close to that a few times on AmiAmi and Manda. For me, it was worth it. And I actually like the CF better than the Delta crew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The VF-31A is a nice bird but I would not pay more than 30 or 35k for it, and even that is really pushing it.

The secondary market prices for a lot of this stuff is nuts.

But if you absolutely must have every single 31...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, an adult collectable toy is almost by definition a luxury item so pay whatever you feel comfortable paying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes! If you can find it for a reasonable price and that’s the problem.  

Definitely one of my favs.

43139C5F-A56A-4B07-9FC6-FD210620C767.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Wish they'd come out with armor packs or something for it.

probably will never be made any, I just wish the super or armor dont have minor incompatibility with the kairos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...