Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Mirage for 28k yen (unopened, package damaged, copyright sticker missing)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1136487741&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Edit: One more

Messer's Supers for 14k yen (same condition as Mirages box)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1136478147&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

* Yeah... We're going to whine and crab about why there's nothing new for Delta. Just burn it with fire already! * :D 

Edit: Correct price for Messer's Supers.

Edited by borgified
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Major Focker said:

what are those orange mechs?

The loaders/utility mechs are made by Mech Fan Toys and Rihio that are designed to go work with the Diaclone line but fit nicely with 1/60 scale Valks.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Question. Are the Bandai DX supposed to be 1/60 scale? Roughly? I was comparing my VF-19Advance to my VF-31F and the VF-19Advance is longer by almost a centimeter and isamu’s legs are like 3mm longer and head is bigger. Now I know from all the stats that The VF-31 is 19.31m vs 18.62M for VF-19Advance. Is this just a Bandai concession to allow 2 to fit in the cockpit of the VF-31? Also, why is the VF-19 bigger? Both are DX and from Bandai.....

Twich

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, twich said:

Question. Are the Bandai DX supposed to be 1/60 scale? Roughly? I was comparing my VF-19Advance to my VF-31F and the VF-19Advance is longer by almost a centimeter and isamu’s legs are like 3mm longer and head is bigger. Now I know from all the stats that The VF-31 is 19.31m vs 18.62M for VF-19Advance. Is this just a Bandai concession to allow 2 to fit in the cockpit of the VF-31? Also, why is the VF-19 bigger? Both are DX and from Bandai.....

Twich

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=8151

 

Edited by sjoebarry
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bandai plays pretty fast and loose with scales. Since their DX Macross toys are technically non-scale (excluding the newer 1/48s), they can't be accused of screwing up the scale.

Of course they completely botched the pilot scales with the 1/48 DX, so there's that.

But yeah, most of their DX line is only roughly 1/60. Much like how you won't find the words "ice cream" on many of the items in the ice cream aisle (screw you frozen dairy dessert!), you won't find "1/60" anywhere on their DX toys.

If someone does find it somewhere, please post pics. There's so many toys and I haven't carefully checked each and every box. :p

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jenius points out scales on his site and notes how anime magic makes the scale of what they show on screen almost impossible to convert to a toy.  So like the VF-19 Advance is like 1/65 in Battroid but 1/55 in fighter mode.  The VF-31 though is actually 1/60 in fighter and battroid

Link to post
Share on other sites

Scales do not magically change in real life objects. Either there's a definite scale that Bandai followed, or it's non-scale. The VF-19 Advance is not one scale in one mode and a different scale in another mode. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Scales do not magically change in real life objects. Either there's a definite scale that Bandai followed, or it's non-scale. The VF-19 Advance is not one scale in one mode and a different scale in another mode. 

Based on the official sizes of each mode from the shows they do change scales.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Scales do not magically change in real life objects. Either there's a definite scale that Bandai followed, or it's non-scale. The VF-19 Advance is not one scale in one mode and a different scale in another mode. 

I don't agree with that statement. If there are published "correct" dimensions for each mode then a toy will have a scale for each mode. If that scale is the same then the toy has a uniform scale (1/60 in the case of the VF-31 toys). If the toy is too short or too long in a mode, then it has a different scale in that mode. It's just as appropriate to say a toy is 'non-scale' as it is to say a toy is "1/58 in fighter and 1/63 in battroid." The scale is just math after all.

EDIT - that example is ludicrous as the numbers I gave would be so dependent on tiny measurements that everyone should just say the toy was 1/60... that's something I hate about my 'true scale' measurements... a tiny mistake on my part can create ire. 

Edited by jenius
Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap monkeys! Wasn’t trying to start any ire, just wondering about the differences and my belief that all DX toys were in scale to one another

twich

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my first problem order from Mandarake. First one ever in over 10 years ordering from them. I order a 31J Kai for 21000yen. Unfortunately i noticed the head laser had been broken and glued back together. I emailed Mandarake and they offered me 2100 yen. Should i take it? I feel like it's low but i don't want them to back off completely and take back the offer. Anyone have experience dealing with Mandarake? Will they negotiate?

1.thumb.jpg.e3f50ed290e70771eaff5730a9597507.jpg4.jpg.dd79be680bc76b8d7497c02abb1a9399.jpg3.thumb.jpg.9ef3b12d30996984d872d22abe3716b7.jpg2.thumb.jpg.be0a4c75d4d3df353b9252f13021be2e.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So you're the one that snagged the 31J Kei for 21k yen @Sandman

Edit: I believe posted the link here and on the Manda thread as well.  

@rdrunner had a snag with Manda and he got a refund somehow and he did mention it briefly. He's not on the threads that regularly, however I'll PM  him to help you out in this thread.   

Edited by borgified
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, borgified said:

So you're the one that snagged the 31J Kei for 21k yen @Sandman

@rdrunner had a snag with Manda and he got a refund somehow and he did mention it briefly. He's not on the threads that regularly, however I'll PM  him to help you out in this thread.   

Thanks. I don't think i want to bother with a refund. The shipping cost will not make it worth it. $20 seems a little low though. I'd prefer at least $40. Even with $40 it's still a piss off. I don't know am i being too greedy? What does everyone think?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Thanks. I don't think i want to bother with a refund. The shipping cost will not make it worth it. $20 seems a little low though. I'd prefer at least $40. Even with $40 it's still a piss off. I don't know am i being too greedy? What does everyone think?

If you're not going for a full return/refund, it really couldn't hurt to ask for more.  I doubt they would blacklist you just for asking for more (nicely).  I wouldn't count on getting more than they offered, though.

Can't really say what the appropriate amount is, but I just had a similar situation with a transaction with another member here on a similarly priced valk.  Nothing was broken, but it wasn't in quite as good of condition as he initially advertised, and we settled on me getting $25 back, which I thought was fair.  So I think they are in the right ballpark, but maybe a little low, especially considering something was actually broken (but at least glued).

Personally, it wouldn't bother me that much, but I would want a little money back just on the principle.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sandman said:

Thanks. I don't think i want to bother with a refund. The shipping cost will not make it worth it. $20 seems a little low though. I'd prefer at least $40. Even with $40 it's still a piss off. I don't know am i being too greedy? What does everyone think?

That would bother me pretty significant;y, especially with Mandarake's great reputation. I'd consider that false advertising and ask for more...Without accusing them of anything as it's most likely an honest mistake on their part.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

That would bother me pretty significant;y, especially with Mandarake's great reputation. I'd consider that false advertising and ask for more...Without accusing them of anything as it's most likely an honest mistake on their part.

Yeah i believe it was an honest mistake. My OCD is the only reason i noticed it. I'm mad at the loser who sold it to them without disclosing that info. It sucks for both of us. Had i know about the part i wouldn't have bought it. But i have it now and i know if it's pointless to get a refund because i'll end up paying over $90 to ship it back to them. Learned that from a situation  with a defective 171 i got from amiami. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sandman said:

Yeah i believe it was an honest mistake. My OCD is the only reason i noticed it. I'm mad at the loser who sold it to them without disclosing that info. It sucks for both of us. Had i know about the part i wouldn't have bought it. But i have it now and i know if it's pointless to get a refund because i'll end up paying over $90 to ship it back to them. Learned that from a situation  with a defective 171 i got from amiami. 

It doesn't come with an extra? I must be mis-remembering.

First problem in 10yrs? I'd say that is extraordinary. If that problem is washed out over 10 years I'd call that a ripple in the ocean.

If it was me in the same situation I would counter them at $40 and if they didn't accept the offer I'd take what they offered, fix the one on the Valk as best I can and then put it out of my mind. Much bigger things to worry about.

Zen like advice from me is rare. I feel very @Slave IV right now.:D

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sqidd said:

It doesn't come with an extra? I must be mis-remembering.

First problem in 10yrs? I'd say that is extraordinary. If that problem is washed out over 10 years I'd call that a ripple in the ocean.

If it was me in the same situation I would counter them at $40 and if they didn't accept the offer I'd take what they offered, fix the one on the Valk as best I can and then put it out of my mind. Much bigger things to worry about.

Zen like advice from me is rare. I feel very @Slave IV right now.:D

Haha, and good advice it is!

BTW, the 31J did not come with extra head lasers. The only one I remember that did was the 31F (because I had to use it:angry:)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that Mirage and Arad had extra ones as well. 

Chucky has that mohawk like headscupt, and if you break it accidently, then it becomes a VE-1 and Luca's/Michael's 25 headscupt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Sandman said:

Thanks. I don't think i want to bother with a refund. The shipping cost will not make it worth it. $20 seems a little low though. I'd prefer at least $40. Even with $40 it's still a piss off. I don't know am i being too greedy? What does everyone think?

Ouch, sorry to hear that Sandman.  The only time I had an issue with Manda was on a used YF-29 Ozma, where the left engine intake cover was missing.  I was hoping that they would just send me the missing cover, but they said sorry, can't do that, admitted the oversight and gave me a small refund (I cannot remember how much it was).  For me, since the 29 and 25 intake covers are the same, I was happy to use a spare one from my 25F on display with super parts anyway.

I think you should be able to negotiate nicely with them and explain that a refund of (4000 yen) is more in line with your expectations, given that it is a noticeable break.  Maybe bring in your 10 year purchase history as well.  Good luck!

Edited by rdrunner
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2020 at 4:40 PM, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Thanks. I'll pick one up. Just hope i can paint the black strip on decently.

i asked Mandarake for $40 dollars 15% off (3150 yen) and they agreed. Brought down what i paid from 21000 to 17850 yen. Not bad but i wouldn't have bought a valk with a broken fin for that price. At least i won't waste money on shipping doing a return.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Thanks. I'll pick one up. Just hope i can paint the black strip on decently.

i asked Mandarake for $40 dollars 15% off (3150 yen) and they agreed. Brought down what i paid from 21000 to 17850 yen. Not bad but i wouldn't have bought a valk with a broken fin for that price. At least i won't waste money on shipping doing a return.

That seems fair enough although I agree I wouldn’t have bought it knowing that is was broken. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bought a sealed set of Mirage’s Super Parts for ¥12,100 from Jungle. Now the wait for shipping begins. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Just bought a sealed set of Mirage’s Super Parts for ¥12,100 from Jungle. Now the wait for shipping begins. 

Thats an awesome price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sildani said:

Just bought a sealed set of Mirage’s Super Parts for ¥12,100 from Jungle. Now the wait for shipping begins. 

You can finally get the missiles. I know you were looking for a set for awhile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sildani said:

Just bought a sealed set of Mirage’s Super Parts for ¥12,100 from Jungle. Now the wait for shipping begins. 

 

6 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

That's an awesome price.

 

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

You can finally get the missiles. I know you were looking for a set for awhile.

I didn't even see the listing for that one! You must have snagged that up very quickly @Sildani as your long waiting has paid off. :good:

If anyone else is looking for Hayate's Supers, I posted the link on the Jungle Thread. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, it’s been a journey!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...