Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Sildani said:

In Italy. 

Oh. I didn't know that. Thanks! ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Sabino is Sabaru in Italian, can you imagine if its in Cantonese (one of the Chinese dialects in Southern Asia close to Macau and Hong Kong)?

It will be pronounced as  "Sow Ba Low", which means in loose translation "Old Man Broom". 

Go and figure that out..  

The joys of foreign languages. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sabaru? You mean Subaru? That's what the Japanese call the Pleiades. Which is why it's the logo for the Subaru automotive company. #randomtrivia 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, brouken said:

I finally got my Chuck VF-31E. Its been stuck in Saudi customs for about a week. Don't know why they held it. Had to go directly to the Saudi Central Post Office to get it. Spent over two hours in line in both customs and in package releasing before finally getting the package. Almost got caught by mid-day prayer time too. At least I didn't pay any extra customs duties. But they did open the package just to see what was inside. The customs officer asked me if it had any cameras or batteries. They probably thought it was a drone! Hehe!

Anyway, My Delta Platoon is complete! I just need to find a nice place to display all of them together. And of course, wait for the rest of the super/armor packs to be released.

P_20190807_141259.jpg.55b82cda53fccbcda07e7ce00cf07960.jpg

I'll call your hand @brouken and match you.  Right there with you with the fever!

 

IMG_1281.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I'll call your hand @brouken and match you.  Right there with you with the fever!

 

IMG_1281.JPG

Where's the 31J Kai? :unknw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Where's the 31J Kai? :unknw:

Bingo! ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Where's the 31J Kai? :unknw:

 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Bingo! ;)

Haha damn enablers! Well considering I got a late start to reliving my youth with Macross in general as of less than a year ago, I thought this was a good start to the Delta crew. I need to get 31A still and TV version Messer if I really want to be legit (that’s movie Messer in the pic).

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Haha damn enablers! Well considering I got a late start to reliving my youth with Macross in general as of less than a year ago, I thought this was a good start to the Delta crew. I need to get 31A still and TV version Messer if I really want to be legit (that’s movie Messer in the pic).

Don't forget that you'll need a second set of super parts for the Kai. ;)

1885744672_VF-31JKaiandKairos.thumb.jpg.58ff3a5465e4169d9695e7bc662bc86d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

F57D9B59-76D6-4F48-9B1D-A91F12054C80.thumb.jpeg.35a4423751af861ef713601a63818703.jpeg

Edited by Saburo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:shok::good::good:

aweesome shot! hubba hubba...:wub:

clearly you need 2 more supers sets!

also nice use of the yeti stands....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I'm kinda vaguely disappointed that Chuck didn't come with reaction missiles, after they started including them.  I've got spares at least, but I wish Bandai would make up their minds and just be consistent on what they include with any particular release.

Far as display options go though, I think I've got all the options covered in one way or another.  I tend to pick up releases with a display in mind (even if I don't have anywhere to actually put said display).  I've currently got enough to do some nice paired displays with Hayate and Mirage in both clean fighter and super-packed battroids, a good Messer/Keith head-on pass, and some combination of Arad and Chuck in both super and armor packs (probably alternating sets of battroid/fighter).

If Bandai would just get on with it, and put out the Sv-262Ba, I'd have a Mirage and Bogue to pair with Movie Hayate/Messer and my second Keith. :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

So, I'm kinda vaguely disappointed that Chuck didn't come with reaction missiles, after they started including them.  I've got spares at least, but I wish Bandai would make up their minds and just be consistent on what they include with any particular release.

Far as display options go though, I think I've got all the options covered in one way or another.  I tend to pick up releases with a display in mind (even if I don't have anywhere to actually put said display).  I've currently got enough to do some nice paired displays with Hayate and Mirage in both clean fighter and super-packed battroids, a good Messer/Keith head-on pass, and some combination of Arad and Chuck in both super and armor packs (probably alternating sets of battroid/fighter).

If Bandai would just get on with it, and put out the Sv-262Ba, I'd have a Mirage and Bogue to pair with Movie Hayate/Messer and my second Keith. :p 

The only semi-armoured valk was Luca's RVF-171EX or was that intentionally made as animation error?! :blink:

Will Chuck's Supers come with the reaction missiles or not is the other question. The missiles was packed with Arad's valk upon release while Messer's, Hayate, and Mirage's missiles came in as a Super bundled set. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried searching the forum but i thought maybe just posting my question here will work.

Does anyone know how many DX VF-31A's were made & released by Bandai?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, borgified said:

The only semi-armoured valk was Luca's RVF-171EX or was that intentionally made as animation error?! :blink:

Will Chuck's Supers come with the reaction missiles or not is the other question. The missiles was packed with Arad's valk upon release while Messer's, Hayate, and Mirage's missiles came in as a Super bundled set. 

 

 

I don't remember for sure but I think only Mirage's Super Parts came with Reaction Missiles. Hayate's VF-31J Kai also did but not the Super Parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

So, I'm kinda vaguely disappointed that Chuck didn't come with reaction missiles, after they started including them.  I've got spares at least, but I wish Bandai would make up their minds and just be consistent on what they include with any particular release.

You ever want to sell a set with brackets, you know where to find me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sjoebarry said:

I tried searching the forum but i thought maybe just posting my question here will work.

Does anyone know how many DX VF-31A's were made & released by Bandai?

As been discussed before during the NY fiasco on the VF-31A, officially, no. Everyone is just guessing. And someone made a tally on how many of us have a copy of 31A. Outside of that, no. In fact, nobody really knows exactly how many quantities for each and every single toy Bandai produce.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:17 PM, Sildani said:

You ever want to sell a set with brackets, you know where to find me. 

Ah, sadly not exactly spares in the usual sense, I just mean that since Arad came with them, I'll have an extra set to load Chuck with when I put the armor on Arad's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We must look to third party KOs for ordnance. There's nothing more Bandai than providing hardpoints and no ordnance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chuck armed and ready.

48521986642_a68e905b22_h.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Lolicon said:

We must look to third party KOs for ordnance. There's nothing more Bandai than providing hardpoints and no ordnance. 

Why look further when our 'ol buddy @Xigfrid here has a lot to offer. ;)

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/xigfrid3dshop?section=Missiles+and+Pylons+DX+compatible&s=0

2 hours ago, Saburo said:

Chuck armed and ready.

48521986642_a68e905b22_h.jpg

Cool cool cool @Saburo! :good:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 2:17 PM, no3Ljm said:

Why look further when our 'ol buddy @Xigfrid here has a lot to offer. ;)

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/xigfrid3dshop?section=Missiles+and+Pylons+DX+compatible&s=0

Cool cool cool @Saburo! :good:

 

Thanks @no3Ljm!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now the question is... Which version of the 31j are you going to keep @DYRL VF-1S .

Supers next or are you going to to leave plain and simple?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my 31 shelf set up, only things still in boxes are the other 2 31a figures.

20190811_175447.thumb.jpg.018c02681bad8fb5f9f617ef42e34cd9.jpg

Spoiler

20190814_220752.thumb.jpg.a356092e65150ba8b1b8628e439e0481.jpg

20190814_220723.thumb.jpg.cd382cbbc5ac67636fe1ef0496e5550c.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, borgified said:

Now the question is... Which version of the 31j are you going to keep @DYRL VF-1S .

Supers next or are you going to to leave plain and simple?

Not sure yet! But will likely hold off on supers for now. I do like em plain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Bolt said:

@Sanity is Optional i like what you did with Arad's wings:good:

Yeah, saw someone else do it before and liked the look that way, bit of a tie-fighter vibe. Looks best from the front, but not so bad from the side either.

Spoiler

 

20190814_235726.thumb.jpg.094da70396a69656bd86869c7d02cc6c.jpg

20190814_235839.thumb.jpg.9b8012f1fc52d74920adb021f1b63b3d.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the armor parts are released tomorrow. Anyone receive updates on their orders?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I think the armor parts are released tomorrow. Anyone receive updates on their orders?

NY has their release date for the armor parts as Aug 23rd.  I don't think I've seen any place have Aug 16th as the release date.  Do you have a vendor saying that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

NY has their release date for the armor parts as Aug 23rd.  I don't think I've seen any place have Aug 16th as the release date.  Do you have a vendor saying that?

P-Bandai says that.

85B5BDAB-9B14-4AA6-9DEF-305B34F6AB56.thumb.jpeg.4faac1b79b3abd5d950c699ce39e697d.jpeg

I’m guessing vendors are padding the release date by a week to get their copies and send them out. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the very least reviews will be incoming Friday/Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well good thing I get paid this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...