On 5/2/2019 at 8:21 AM, CF18 said:

Dst3Oo1.jpg

It don't looks as back heavy as VF-25S, but I would probably still use the support arms.

Why doesn't Bandai or other companies use metal parts for all the transforming parts/fragile parts so they don't break and can take the weight?  Other than the cost of the metal?

There's a couple other issues as well. Metal parts add weight, which means even more metal is needed, and joints have to handle more weight.

Also the metal parts need to be painted/coated, and that paint tends to be less durable and prone to flaking off.

I think if toy makers made the transforming parts out of metal, and stress tested it like IKEA furniture, our toys would cost more, but they'd be fun to play with even for kids.  After the yammie 1/60 ver 2 shoulder fiasco, I am more careful around these high end figures.  

hey all, first post here. great forum, been lurking for years but now I have a question that im hoping someone here can answer. 

I own the first release of the DX VF-31F, I also have his super packs, and the lil draken set for him but im slightly annoyed that he never came with missiles. missiles that seemed to be included in most of the other delta squad releases. I really dislike all the flashy colors of the other delta valks and this recent massive armor set is really off putting...unless they make it in colors to match the VF-31F im staying away. 

so id love for my VF-31F to have some missiles under the wing in fighter mode and on its arms in battroid mode. like the "Kai" version or the Delta releases that came after the first VF-31F.

so my question is, could I buy the missile set for the DX VF-1 and use them on my DX VF-31F? would they connect to the existing hard points on my VF-31F wings and would I be able to put them on its arms as well? what about on my VF-31a? 

thanks! 

EDIT: I just realized that the DX VF-1J is in 1/48 and not 1/60...so I guess the answer to my question is no?  

Edited by jetcollector

16 minutes ago, jetcollector said:

hey all, first post here. great forum, been lurking for years but now I have a question that im hoping someone here can answer. 

I own the first release of the DX VF-31F, I also have his super packs, and the lil draken set for him but im slightly annoyed that he never came with missiles. missiles that seemed to be included in most of the other delta squad releases. I really dislike all the flashy colors of the other delta valks and this recent massive armor set is really off putting...unless they make it in colors to match the VF-31F im staying away. 

so id love for my VF-31F to have some missiles under the wing in fighter mode and on its arms in battroid mode. like the "Kai" version or the Delta releases that came after the first VF-31F.

so my question is, could I buy the missile set for the DX VF-1 and use them on my DX VF-31F? would they connect to the existing hard points on my VF-31F wings and would I be able to put them on its arms as well? what about on my VF-31a? 

thanks! 

EDIT: I just realized that the DX VF-1J is in 1/48 and not 1/60...so I guess the answer to my question is no?  

You are correct, the DX VF-1 missiles will be too large for the VF-31.  Also, the connectors are complete different.  The closest compatible set of missiles come from the DX - YF-19 Full Set and those attachments are compatible with the VF-31.  Keep in mind that the Super Parts for the VF-31 covers the attachment points for the missiles so you will need the special shield adaptor in order to attach the missiles with the Super parts.

34 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

You are correct, the DX VF-1 missiles will be too large for the VF-31.  Also, the connectors are complete different.  The closest compatible set of missiles come from the DX - YF-19 Full Set and those attachments are compatible with the VF-31.  Keep in mind that the Super Parts for the VF-31 covers the attachment points for the missiles so you will need the special shield adaptor in order to attach the missiles with the Super parts.

oh, cool, thanks. glad I snagged a YF-19 Full set then after all...I haven't even had a chance to open it all up yet but was thinking of selling it, now not so much. I only opened it up to make sure my head laser arrived in one piece as I read that many people were having an issue with that. 

besides having the Jetfire transformer as a kid, Yamato's very first YF-19 way way back was my first "expensive" toy as an "adult"...I knew a piece had broken on it so before I jumped on the Delta Valks I took it out of the box to check it out...it practically fell apart in my hands. only after sitting in its box for years, it just fell apart. I had the OG YF-21 too and I really loved that one. but both of my Yamato versions broke so easily that it really turned me off from collecting them...in fact I skipped everything up until these Delta Valks caught my eye and ANYMOON.COM gave them such a rave review, especially their QC. HUGE shout out to ANYMOON.COM! that guy is awesome! 

im really hoping Bandai decides to do a 1/60 DX YF-21 Full Set. Id be all over that. 

Thanks for the tip @Sanity is Optional ill look around and see what I can find. im not to thrilled about knock off stuff though. man, collecting these Valks can always be tricky, one will come out with no missiles or super packs only to have the same one reissued just a few months later with everything you could ask for included with it. sometimes it seems like its better just to wait and see what Bandai decides to do....exceot for the VF-31a, man am I stoked I grabbed one of those! 

So is the general thought about this new massive, over the top armor set is that one will be released for each Delta Valk or only this first horribly colored version? I saw a pic of the Blu-ray dvd art and it had all of the Delta squad in the full armor so do we think they will all come along eventually?

also have there been any rumors about super packs for the VF-31a? I haven't seen any of the anime, I just buy what I like, so I wouldn't know if the VF-31a actually ever was shown with supers or not. either way, I wish I had some missiles for that one too...maybe ill crack open my YF-19 Full Set and see if those fit...

sorry for so much non VF-31 talk on this thread.

cheers guys! 

23 minutes ago, jetcollector said:

oh, cool, thanks. glad I snagged a YF-19 Full set then after all...I haven't even had a chance to open it all up yet but was thinking of selling it, now not so much. I only opened it up to make sure my head laser arrived in one piece as I read that many people were having an issue with that. 

besides having the Jetfire transformer as a kid, Yamato's very first YF-19 way way back was my first "expensive" toy as an "adult"...I knew a piece had broken on it so before I jumped on the Delta Valks I took it out of the box to check it out...it practically fell apart in my hands. only after sitting in its box for years, it just fell apart. I had the OG YF-21 too and I really loved that one. but both of my Yamato versions broke so easily that it really turned me off from collecting them...in fact I skipped everything up until these Delta Valks caught my eye and ANYMOON.COM gave them such a rave review, especially their QC. HUGE shout out to ANYMOON.COM! that guy is awesome! 

im really hoping Bandai decides to do a 1/60 DX YF-21 Full Set. Id be all over that. 

Thanks for the tip @Sanity is Optional ill look around and see what I can find. im not to thrilled about knock off stuff though. man, collecting these Valks can always be tricky, one will come out with no missiles or super packs only to have the same one reissued just a few months later with everything you could ask for included with it. sometimes it seems like its better just to wait and see what Bandai decides to do....exceot for the VF-31a, man am I stoked I grabbed one of those! 

So is the general thought about this new massive, over the top armor set is that one will be released for each Delta Valk or only this first horribly colored version? I saw a pic of the Blu-ray dvd art and it had all of the Delta squad in the full armor so do we think they will all come along eventually?

also have there been any rumors about super packs for the VF-31a? I haven't seen any of the anime, I just buy what I like, so I wouldn't know if the VF-31a actually ever was shown with supers or not. either way, I wish I had some missiles for that one too...maybe ill crack open my YF-19 Full Set and see if those fit...

sorry for so much non VF-31 talk on this thread.

cheers guys! 

anymoon is run by @jenius

21 full set? now be like kids waiting at the door listening for the ice cream truck ...
Not sure abt more armor packs..i mean bandai doesnt even have slots in the year for releasing vf-31 supers..

Yup the 19 full set weapons fit on the 31 valks! 

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

@Xigfrid has a bunch of 3D printed ordinance in his shapeways shop that'll fit on the DX hardpoints. There's also some knock-offs you can find on ebay of the missiles that came with the VF-171 armor pack.

Woah any links to the Ebay page? I'm assuming you are talking about the big gigaculture bombs

I'm working on a DIY set of missiles for the DX VF-1 and can reaffirm that the other DX release missiles do fit.  But there's a caveat - they seem to do very minor damage to the hardpoint on the bigger VF-1.  I have no idea if the upcoming missile set is going to incompatible with the VF-31 toys as a result.  I expect there will be a slight change in the design for these new missiles that might render them incompatible with all the rest of Bandai's stuff.  We've just not seen enough of the set to know for sure.

The Shapeways stuff is likely to be the safest bet.

I'm totally with you on the 31F though - I'm in exactly the same boat as I have the toy and the super parts, but no missiles because they were never available. Well, not separately at least.  I have the super parts for Mirage's ride but that's just the one set to go between two Valks.

Edited by mickyg

11 minutes ago, gabuyan said:

Woah any links to the Ebay page? I'm assuming you are talking about the big gigaculture bombs

If you are talkin about the KO missile set for the VF-171EX (that’s compatible with the YF-30/VF-31), this is the taobao link I just posted in another reply in the wanted sub today. 

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.9.28333c3563vo13&id=548261005544&ns=1&abbucket=18#detailTB2x9uknf2H8KJjy1zkXXXr7pXa_!!1133900104.png.3038e68a4047aaff97543d98f806e91f.png

47 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

If you are talkin about the KO missile set for the VF-171EX (that’s compatible with the YF-30/VF-31), this is the taobao link I just posted in another reply in the wanted sub today. 

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.9.28333c3563vo13&id=548261005544&ns=1&abbucket=18#detailTB2x9uknf2H8KJjy1zkXXXr7pXa_!!1133900104.png.3038e68a4047aaff97543d98f806e91f.png

Ooh nice many thanks!

Google translate do your thing!

I’m looking for a set of 31 missiles too - I got a set of Mirage Super Parts that didn’t have the missiles included. Granted, I got the parts for super cheap, but I’m still looking. 

9 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Hi - not sure if this has been asked before, but has anyone managed to replicate the clips/adapters on Shapeways for the Lil Draken on the VF-31F?  Thanks.

It's on my projects list but my Lil Draken sets are in storage for the next few months while I move. After that (if no one's done it by then) I'll get measurements and model it; and see if I can make a version that doesn't interfere with the super parts.

1 hour ago, Jaustin89 said:

It's on my projects list but my Lil Draken sets are in storage for the next few months while I move. After that (if no one's done it by then) I'll get measurements and model it; and see if I can make a version that doesn't interfere with the super parts.

Super Parts + Lil Draken? Make it happen please :wub:

Also do you happen to make any reaction missile sets? :D

On 5/8/2019 at 8:58 AM, rdrunner said:

is this a pre-order or in stock item? 

16 minutes ago, gabuyan said:

Also do you happen to make any reaction missile sets? :D

No; I'll do adapters and minor stuff like that but anything Bandai might see as an issue is more trouble than it's worth. Xigfied's missiles are probably safe as Bandai's never made the particular missile types he sells but I'd say any reaction missiles or MDEs would be more of a risk than I'm willing to take.

Personally I also don't see 3D prints as being viable for display pieces yet. The adapters aren't really going to be noticed but the missiles would be, and unless you put a ton of time into prep/painting they're not going to look very good.

13 minutes ago, Jaustin89 said:

No; I'll do adapters and minor stuff like that but anything Bandai might see as an issue is more trouble than it's worth. Xigfied's missiles are probably safe as Bandai's never made the particular missile types he sells but I'd say any reaction missiles or MDEs would be more of a risk than I'm willing to take.

Personally I also don't see 3D prints as being viable for display pieces yet. The adapters aren't really going to be noticed but the missiles would be, and unless you put a ton of time into prep/painting they're not going to look very good.

I see that's true. Guess I'll try that source for China since I'm trying for a heavy bomber Valkyrie.

But let us know if you make the adaptors for the Lil Drakens!

Edited by gabuyan

1 hour ago, Jaustin89 said:

They do take A LOT of prep.

23 minutes ago, Rein+ said:

ok tks, now searching proxy service to send  them to my country. huehuehue

I’m no expert at all so you should do your research, but I have ordered a dozen of stuff already. I registered with a US address, and the seller ships the order to an international dispatch center with Taobao. Once it gets there, you will have to pay separately for the international postage (CNY 89 per kilogram). You can combine multiple orders for international shipping. 

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

I’m no expert at all so you should do your research, but I have ordered a dozen of stuff already. I registered with a US address, and the seller ships the order to an international dispatch center with Taobao. Once it gets there, you will have to pay separately for the international postage (CNY 89 per kilogram). You can combine multiple orders for international shipping. 

this is my first time using taobao, i tried it and i did accept my CC so i will try to buy it without proxy.

how long the seller send the item to the dispatch center usually?

8 hours ago, Rein+ said:

this is my first time using taobao, i tried it and i did accept my CC so i will try to buy it without proxy.

how long the seller send the item to the dispatch center usually?

Depends on your seller. The one I use sends out within a day. 

22 hours ago, Mommar said:

Did somebody say missiles for their 31?

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/xigfrid3dshop?section=VF-31&s=0

those look awesome but im crap at painting...why doesn't Bandai just here our pleas? I mean they have to see that so many people are taking the time to make their own missile sets on the knockoff market to realize that there is a demand for them, no? 

4 hours ago, jetcollector said:

those look awesome but im crap at painting...why doesn't Bandai just here our pleas? I mean they have to see that so many people are taking the time to make their own missile sets on the knockoff market to realize that there is a demand for them, no? 

But they did make a bunch of missiles, and threw them in with the VF-171 and YF-19 sets.

What, you don't actually expect them to sell add-ons in a practical and customer-beneficial way, do you? :p 

Full disclosure, I bought extra YF-19s specifically so I would have extra missiles to load my 31s with.  I'd love some bigger weapons loads on multi-ejector racks, but the long white AMRAAM-ish looking missiles look really good under the wings of my 31A. ^_^ 

Edited by Chronocidal