5 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Does ordering from Amazon require immediate payment?

Nope.

At least with amz-jp direct.  Not sure about the marketplace/3rd-party sellers, tho.

Fwiw, certain Bandai (and even TakaraTomy) items are now somehow suddenly not eligible to be shipped outside of Japan from amz-jp direct. 

I put an order in from that amazon seller quoted in the retailers offering post. I hope it doesn't charge my card right away. I though a had a preorder in with HLJ so i bought like 4 valks and the lil Draken set this month, not to mention some other Star Trek stuff. This is an added expense i wasn't counting on.

7 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

*Sigh*.... another "Kairos-like" fiasco in the making? Not to mention NY still has it for sale (it's now the 3rd time they've listed it, 1st was preorder day, then listed with a markup (close to rrp, no craziness yet), it sold out, and they relisted again. How can they can keep relisting it endlessly when HLJ is cancelling orders and it's sold out everywhere? (Could you order multiples with HLJ? Maybe that would explain it.. too many people ordering 3 or more at a time to get spare radome parts? NY was limited to 1 per account. I ended up paying for one upfront full price (as they cancelled my preorder, with their f'ing site crashing for minutes at a time...).I don't get how they still take payments for it? Can they even guarantee they'll even have the stocks? (not that they give a flying Fk).This is going to be fun.... :fool:

I think the limit was up to 20 copies (per one account) from what I've seen on HLJ's PO madness. So there is a possibility that someone did snap up extra copies upon the orders opening and flipping it later on.

Honestly saying, for those members that have their PO of Chuck's 31e cancelled, you can try proxies as well (FromJapan, Buyee, etc..) as you might have a better chance of getting it there.

Edit: Also at your discretion as well.

@Sandman - I'm sure that your Amazon.jp provider for your Chuck's 31e wouldn't charge you yet until they get it and then ask you for the S&H later. 

Edited by borgified

14 minutes ago, borgified said:

I think the limit was up to 20 copies (per one account) from what I've seen on HLJ's PO madness. So there is a possibility that someone did snap up extra copies upon the orders opening and flipping it later on.

Honestly saying, for those members that have their PO of Chuck's 31e cancelled, you can try proxies as well (FromJapan, Buyee, etc..) as you might have a better chance of getting it there.

Edit: Also at your discretion as well.

@Sandman - I'm sure that your Amazon.jp provider for your Chuck's 31e wouldn't charge you yet until they get it and then ask you for the S&H later. 

The limit per order is 20 for the DX VF-31E at HLJ? I thought it was just 1 order limit per customer?

Also, I just want to add to be careful on buying PO orders via third party sellers thru proxy services. Make sure to use proxy service directly buying the item from the store instead of using the proxy service to buy from a seller who has a preorder (scalpers) via YJA due to some reports on fraud sellers.

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

The limit per order is 20 for the DX VF-31E at HLJ? I thought it was just 1 order limit per customer?

I back tracked to Shizuka's list of the links. It's still listed as 1 per customer and I think that I must be getting it mixed up with something else..

That downvote arrow should be meant for me not @no3Ljm! I'll take the blame..

6 minutes ago, borgified said:

I back tracked to Shizuka's list of the links. It's still listed as 1 per customer and I think that I must be getting it mixed up with something else..

Someone used my list of links! YAY!  For some reason, hearing that just puts a smile on my face. :D

22 minutes ago, borgified said:

That downvote arrow should be meant for me not @no3Ljm! I'll take the blame..

No excuses needed sir. ^_^

I'm already used on getting that red arrow. Keep 'em coming. :good:

V8Wd7GL.gif 

13 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Someone used my list of links! YAY!  For some reason, hearing that just puts a smile on my face. :D

Here's to you for doing what you do, Shizuka-chan. ^_^ 

giphy.gif

51 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Also, I just want to add to be careful on buying PO orders via third party sellers thru proxy services. Make sure to use proxy service directly buying the item from the store instead of using the proxy service to buy from a seller who has a preorder (scalpers) via YJA due to some reports on fraud sellers.

You think the one seller listed in Shizuka's list of the links is legit. It's the one i used.

Was 1 per customer at NY, that's how I messed up. The system kept crashing (as always), when it came back online, I kept trying to add the item to my cart and I kept getting some error msg. In the stress of it all, after 1 minute of utter stupidity from my part, I realised it was already in my cart from before the crash. By the time I had finished with the transaction, it had crashed again. Even though it had gone through, I received a cancellation mail :bigshok:. As soon as they listed it again I paid for it full price (wasn't going to wait days in case they pulled another Kairos or decided to send off the parcels in order of purchase )

23 minutes ago, Sandman said:

You think the one seller listed in Shizuka's list of the links is legit. It's the one i used.

I wasn't referring any from Shizuka's list. I'm just referring to third-party sellers in Japan, mostly those private individuals. Coz you can preorder an item using Buyee as your Proxy Service from someone who's selling their preorder slot via Yahoo Japan Auction. That's why I'm reminding people to buy directly from a legit store thru proxy service than getting it from a third-party sellers via proxy. And the reason why is because there have been some fraud reports at Buyee. They've been warning buyers not to purchase from posts/sellers that offers preorders because they can't protect the buyers that way.

These chuck cancelled orders is becoming a cat-astrophe!!!

Dont worry Im sure the valk will be available after release. Remember the 31 kai was nowhere to be found and today it is still available (even with a mark up, but still)

One more cancellation notice from HLJ, and I had my order in the very split second it opened.  Same deal, found in my junk folder.  I wonder if they actually had their entire supply nixed by Bandai.

As little as I trust NY to come through, they're my only chance now, looks like.  Fortunately I didn't actually lose anything ordering one at the first markup, since I bought it with the credit from my cancelled 31A.  Now to see if I have to get the same total refunded twice because of their nonsense. :rolleyes: 

Going to be relieved when this sh!tshow comes to an end, I'm burnt out from how stupid it's becoming.

I don't know though.. this was supposed to be a general release.  I wonder if it's actually going to be that scarce, or if we're just going to see tons of them on release day, as all the scalpers ditch their unsold preorders.

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Was 1 per customer at NY, that's how I messed up. The system kept crashing (as always), when it came back online, I kept trying to add the item to my cart and I kept getting some error msg. In the stress of it all, after 1 minute of utter stupidity from my part, I realised it was already in my cart from before the crash. By the time I had finished with the transaction, it had crashed again. Even though it had gone through, I received a cancellation mail :bigshok:. As soon as they listed it again I paid for it full price (wasn't going to wait days in case they pulled another Kairos or decided to send off the parcels in order of purchase )

Uhh... FWIW that was exactly the issue with NY and the VF-31A Kairos. Those of us who got our orders in the first dozen or so were skipped even though we paid in full and NY didn't disclose to their customers the fact that Bandai had officially informed them of the shortage. So in short NY can pull the same fiasco (as with the VF-31A Kairos) as with the VF-31E regardless if you ordered/paid up front immediately.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how the prices for Arad's 31S are trending?  I'm partly wondering if people are scrambling for Chuck's because they know he'll be getting the armor pack. 

I think Arad's pre-order missed the boat there, because the packs were only revealed after the pre-orders were closed, but I don't remember the timeline for certain.

4 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how the prices for Arad's 31S are trending?  I'm partly wondering if people are scrambling for Chuck's because they know he'll be getting the armor pack. 

I think Arad's pre-order missed the boat there, because the packs were only revealed after the pre-orders were closed, but I don't remember the timeline for certain.

Mandarake has it for Y23000. YJA has it from Y16000 to Y21000.

So much for that idea. :lol: 

I think a good question right now is whether anyone who got an order with HLJ didn't have their order cancelled.

Bleh.. I need to not look at this thread for awhile.  Nothing to do about this until summer, and I can feel my arteries hardening by the moment over the frustration from this freakin trainwreck.

Just going to pray for good news at release day.

Edited by Chronocidal

16 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

So much for that idea. :lol: 

I think a good question right now is whether anyone who got an order with HLJ didn't have their order cancelled.

Bleh.. I need to not look at this site for awhile.  Nothing to do about this until summer, and I can feel my arteries hardening by the moment over the frustration from this freakin trainwreck.

Just going to pray for good news at release day.

My HLJ order is still on, hopefully it will stay that way.

I think going with NY is a good idea and I have had good experience with them.

From what I heard, the stock for VF31E is actually quite plentiful. However, there is a LOT of people who managed to order multiples (MUCH more than just 1) using all sorts of ways including abusing website's vulnerability. A lot of this is obviously for financial gain, but there is also a lot of simple greed here. 

It would be an interesting challenge to counter the speculator. As for the others, In a hobby like this, it would be good in the long run if there is mutual respects for each other, and remind ourselves to give others the opportunity to enjoy the same thing we love.

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Was NY limited to 1 per customer? I was able to order 2 (oops). 

that was for their discount preorder.

I'm sure they don't care how many you preorder for the ones with upfront payment since it's pretty much a proxy service at that point. 

3 minutes ago, F360 said:

that was for their discount preorder.

I'm sure they don't care how many you preorder for the ones with upfront payment since it's pretty much a proxy service at that point. 

That’s good; their customer service isn’t wonderful so I was dreading the exchange regarding ordering too many copies haha

8 minutes ago, Jyhnc said:

From what I heard, the stock for VF31E is actually quite plentiful. However, there is a LOT of people who managed to order multiples (MUCH more than just 1) using all sorts of ways including abusing website's vulnerability.

Do tell. Where did you hear about folks hacking PO pages etc. 

I imagine it would be easy to catch these folks once stores start processing orders. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
Wrods

Wow, what a s**t-show with HLJ; makes me almost glad I missed them all in the first hour and was eventually "forced" to pay upfront at Anime Export.... here's hoping they deliver, but the fact I've never heard/read anywhere that they've ever been unable to deliver makes me 99.999% confident that they will.

16 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

Wow, what a s**t-show with HLJ; makes me almost glad I missed them all in the first hour and was eventually "forced" to pay upfront at Anime Export.... here's hoping they deliver, but the fact I've never heard/read anywhere that they've ever been unable to deliver makes me 99.999% confident that they will.

Yeah, glad I missed out from HLJ and had to go to Amazon Japan instead, the extra cost is worth actually getting it.

18 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I imagine it would be easy to catch these folks once stores start processing orders. 

Not so easy, the business operators don't have the resources to trace this sort of operation effectively. This is a blooming market as we all know, and people are willing to invest in ways to get advantages. It is a network of people we are talking about here involving multiple accounts and bots, etc. 

The system fall over for very good reason, and its very difficult to keep up with this sort of 'attack'.

41 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

AE always delivers so you good man.

11 minutes ago, Jyhnc said:

Not so easy, the business operators don't have the resources to trace this sort of operation effectively. This is a blooming market as we all know, and people are willing to invest in ways to get advantages. It is a network of people we are talking about here involving multiple accounts and bots, etc. 

The system fall over for very good reason, and its very difficult to keep up with this sort of 'attack'.

you are over thinking it, with how slow and all the extra loading /processing that the new HLJ is.  The bots will be wasted on them.