2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

This 31-A nonsense has certainly given me a few grey hairs lol :lol:

You're not the only one, but then MyKombini cancelled my order and I ended up getting one via Loopaza. 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Good thing I didn't say my true age. :ph34r:

We're all young here, on the internet, a toy forum, talking about expensive transformable jets that we import from Japan. I don't know about you, but my MWF age is 23.

-b.

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Are we back to the walkure valks? I even forgot when arad is supposed to be out. 

And shouldn't there be announcement of fast packs or armored packs too... 

Arad's 31s is out in July, the HMR Super O is out the following month. Next month is Mirage's Supers, while the HMR VF-1A and the 31J Kai (lottery version)just got released..

Seems like towards the month end, the Macross goods gets released. Link if you have forgotten: http://tamashii.jp/item_character/macross_series/?wovn=en

Going to hunt down a copy of Mirage's Supers soon as I ordered the 31C yesterday morning; no need to get Arad's as I was planning for.   

Well, as the old adage goes "one tification today, better than no tification tomorrow "....right? -_- (insert tumble weed gif...)

And with Golden week around the corner, it might just push everything back to *gulp* the mysterious "MMS".

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Arad's 31s is out in July, the HMR Super O is out the following month. Next month is Mirage's Supers, while the HMR VF-1A and the 31J Kai (lottery version)just got released..

Seems like towards the month end, the Macross goods gets released. Link if you have forgotten: http://tamashii.jp/item_character/macross_series/?wovn=en

Going to hunt down a copy of Mirage's Supers soon as I ordered the 31C yesterday morning; no need to get Arad's as I was planning for.   

Yeah seems like with so many releases am losing track of em. And usually there is another announcement of packs too when one comes out.
So if mirage's supers are coming out next month, then bandai shld be announcing the next set of supers (which shld be the 31A) around now.

So i take it you aren't in for the armored arad valk...?

Edited by seti88

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

Yeah seems like with so many releases am losing track of em. And usually there is another announcement of packs too when one comes out.
So if mirage's supers are coming out next month, then bandai shld be announcing the next set of supers (which shld be the 31A) around now.

So i take it you aren't in for the armored arad valk...?

I was actually considering to get Arad's 31s with the Armoured parts as the design as it reminds me of the Stampede Valk SPD-1 (a design that I do like) plus it looks better than Osma's 25s Armoured (to me, that is one hell of a complete mess). 

After seeing multiple reviews of the 31c and wanted to get a copy; however I missed the boat in acquiring one after seeing the listings online being snapped up like mad (the prices for the 31c was out of my budget range). Decided to get a 31s afterwards (with the Amoured parts when released) as secondary choice.

It just so happens that I managed to see a listing of the 31c within my budget range when I was looking around in regards to Macross items and snagged it.

9 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Just a courtesy message letting people know it's there. I won't argue about the price. There are none on ebay only mine. The price is equal to a Arcadia vf-0s and a few other valks I've seen. 

OK won't be doing this again. Last ones I seen on ebay were in the high £400's so seeing as mine was the only one on there I set it at the same price and other rare valks. Hardly ludicrous. If there were other kairos on there then i would price it competitively of course. But there aren't any. I didn't even have to let anyone know that it was for sale and to be honest, wish I hadn't. Why get sh#t for that? Constructive criticism is fine and expected, but only @Sildani@Sanity is Optionalhave chimed in fair comments. Don't like the price? Cool, but no need for the sarcasm guys Come on. Peace ✌️ 

38 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

OK won't be doing this again. Last ones I seen on ebay were in the high £400's so seeing as mine was the only one on there I set it at the same price and other rare valks. Hardly ludicrous. If there were other kairos on there then i would price it competitively of course. But there aren't any. I didn't even have to let anyone know that it was for sale and to be honest, wish I hadn't. Why get sh#t for that? Constructive criticism is fine and expected, but only @Sildani@Sanity is Optionalhave chimed in fair comments. Don't like the price? Cool, but no need for the sarcasm guys Come on. Peace ✌️ 

If you’re looking for constructive criticism it’s generally frowned upon to join a community and almost immediately seek to make a disproportionately large profit by exploiting an unusual situation. 

More power to you if you are successful selling it on eBay but you probably will not find a sympathetic audience for that kind of behaviour here.

If you want protection from comments on your price then post in the for sale forum. 

1 hour ago, TrickyCustomer said:

In my opinion you are free to list it at any price you deem fit. After all it is the market forces that drives the demand and price.

Here's the typical situation with many collectors.

When an item appreciates in value, they 

1) try their best to find the item at as close as the PO price as possible

2) if (1) is not possible, they try to find a price that is the cheapest around, albeit grudgingly

3) If (1) and (2) does not apply and they are unwillingly to pay the current market prices, they call those who own and sell the highly demanded item at high prices "scalpers"

Conversely when an item depreciates in value, they

1) Won't pay PO price or anything close to PO price for that item

2) Do a victory dance that they held back during PO and now pay a much lower price for the same item

3) Have no empathy for those who paid full PO price for the now "less worth" item

Personally I have had hits and misses in toys I buy. And I usually buy 2 copies of the same toy for those that I like so that in case the display copy gets damaged, I still have a brand new piece that hopefully has no QC issues or defects. And when I decide to sell the spare copy, I could lose up to 70% of the original value or I could earn anything from 30% or up to 10 times the original price I paid for.

Long story short, it's a supply and demand thing. And willing seller willing buyer.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/23360-macross-delta-dx-chogokin-vf-31j-kai-siegfried-hayate-immelman-custom-limited-edition.html

VF-31J Kai 30000 JY

...I had a discount code so I bought one :huh:

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
a word

1 hour ago, TrickyCustomer said:

You're welcome to list at any price you want. I could've sworn I've seen a forum rule (or maybe just unofficial code of conduct) that people can't/shouldn't criticize you for it openly, and take any price disputes to PM. Can't seem to find it, though.

Seems like a good way to go about things, and for what it's worth, the price is totally fair. Like CharlesXavier said, willing seller willing buyer.

5 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

You're welcome to list at any price you want. I could've sworn I've seen a forum rule (or maybe just unofficial code of conduct) that people can't/shouldn't criticize you for it openly, and take any price disputes to PM. Can't seem to find it, though.

Seems like a good way to go about things, and for what it's worth, the price is totally fair. Like CharlesXavier said, willing seller willing buyer.

It's my understanding that rule is for posts in the For Sale subforum.  You can't poo poo someone's listing there or mods will take issue.

However, he invited constructive criticism and this is not the For Sale subforum so I offered *shrugs*

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
a word

2 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

In case you missed it, @spacemanoeuvres correctly pointed out that the rule applies to the for sale forum. Ebay listings are not allowed in the for sale forum, nor are they allowed in general threads like this one. Ebay listings should be listed in a separate thread in this forum:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/13-where-to-buy-macross-auctions-amp-dealers-specials/

31 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

That's not too bad for the 31J Kai.. That's average price that I've seen (give or take) on the various websites that has for sale.  

2 minutes ago, borgified said:

That's not too bad for the 31J Kai.. That's average price that I've seen (give or take) on the various websites that has for sale.  

No it’s not too bad. They are going for 26-28000 on yahoo auctions. But with domestic shipping and fees it’s close to what I paid with my discount code. 

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Wow! Y30000? Should I just dump my VF-31A order with them and get my second VF-1J Kai instead? Hmmmm. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

No it’s not too bad. They are going for 26-28000 on yahoo auctions. But with domestic shipping and fees it’s close to what I paid with my discount code. 

I was tempted for a second (since its wallet massacre night), but I still can’t bring myself to getting the 31-J with that paint scheme. Going to stick with my 31A preorder with NY. Sigh. 

Thanks for sharing the link though. 

In fairness to TrickyCustomer, he never posted a link to his ebay sale. Someone else did and he just commented it's his. I don't think he intended to post it here.

I think it's unfair people jumping on him. I think we should be friendly. esp when i know similar in the past where MW posters here made a huge chunk of money off valks during the yamato bankrupt situation.   

But i can be an ass with my posts as well to newcomers so take my posts the way you want.     

Edited by davidwhangchoi
took off quoting wrong post