So, like other folks, I am waiting on my order. PayPal says I need to open a dispute no later than the 22nd. I paid with a combination of PayPal funds and a credit card. What are my current options? I figure I have a little more time to wait and see what happens before asking for a refund.

Edited by funkymonkeyjavajunky

I watched Charles video about the VF-31A issue. I don't think that NY and other shops are selling their stock on the secondary market because there are not many listings on ebay (a quick search yielded 3 complete auctions and 1 listing at the moment). If the numbers Charles mentioned in his video was true there must be 500 units from NY alone somewhere out there. 

Also the fact that this seems to be really rare might indicate that there are not many units out there. Maybe NY is covering for 95% of the market and they haven't received a fraction of the units and maybe they messed up their orders with the Tamashii Web Shop resulting in a massive shortage in stock because NY messed up. 

The VF-31A seems to be the rarest TWE releases from Bandai to date since the DX Chogokin craze started with the Renewal VF-25F. That indicates to me that there was an issue with the production run and Bandai wasn't able to fulfill all the orders. 

It is weird that some shops (CDJ and AE) where able to fulfill all their orders, some could not fulfill any orders (MK) and NY is fulfilling some orders and is certain that they can fulfill the rest.

The issue is such an enigma to me with as little information as we have here on MW. Since some of the MW members are actually in Japan I would assume that they would let us know what the situation in over there is.

It is a mind-boggling  situation. :wacko:

46 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Good video that breaks down all the facts. So far, the facts are:

-NY offers the lowest preorder prices for TWE.

-NY has delivered all previous TWE items, even when they said they had difficulty with stock and possibly had to buy the item at inflated prices.

-Mykombini has refunded with the excuse that they could not secure stock, which seems to be impossible based on how TWE orders work.

So if anything, I think it's safe to say Mykombini could be doing something shady and NY is doing what they can to help their customers. It makes sense that they will be happy to offer refunds to those who demand them because they know they can get more for those items when they get them. As for the practice of selling items for higher prices after the release date, that makes business sense if the value of the item has gone up, especially to help make up for the low prices they offer during preorder and any losses they might incur buying items in the aftermarket themselves to satisfy their customers. 

I get the frustration but the more information that comes through, the more reassured I am of doing business with NY. If they drop the ball on this one item, it truly sucks but it seems like they do what they can to get the fans the items we want for the lowest price.

12 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

B325F2BA-C5A3-44A8-A4E8-D0FA20AAA05B.jpeg

This looks absolutely fantastic!

Edited by Slave IV

Since everyone is offering theories, I guess I'll throw one out there as well. 

I've been wondering why Arcadia very rarely has issues getting the correct number of units out for their releases, while Bandai seems to routinely struggle with this issue.  That is to say Arcadia very rarely has trouble filling orders or even meeting post-release demand (within 6-8 months after release), while also very rarely has their products end up on discount, while Bandai (and specifically Tamashii Nations) seems either never have enough (see vf-31, some HMR releases), or makes too many units (see other HMR releases, sv-262) that end up in the bargain bin.

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious here, but I think it has to do with the size of the companies, and how they anticipate and approve production runs.  Being smaller and more focused on a few brands,  I think Arcadia tailors a production run to each specific product release.  So if they are making a VF-1S Focker, they know that is a pretty popular valk, so they make X amount.  When they make a Miria VF-1J, they know it isn't as popular, so they make Y amount.

I don't think Bandai gets down to the level of specific product (or if they do, they do it not very well).  So if it is a HMR release, they make X amount, regardless if it is a popular valk, or a destroid release.  Same thing for the DX line, they only see Tamashii Nations -> DX Chogokin.  They don't go any more specific than that, so when they have a release that is significantly more popular than the other releases(like the Kairos), they aren't prepared for it.

How TWE factors into this, I can't really say, but maybe it is something like Tamashii Nations -> HMR -> TWE (or Tamashii Nations -> DX Chogokin -> TWE).  You would think the fact that they are pre-orders would mean that they are made-to-order, but here we are, with a huge shortage on what should have been a made-to-order product.  I also see there were production issues, which may have further created problems for the Kairos.

That's my (possible) explanation for what we are seeing, but maybe someone has way more info that could completely destroy this idea. :D

6 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Since everyone is offering theories, I guess I'll throw one out there as well. 

I've been wondering why Arcadia very rarely has issues getting the correct number of units out for their releases, while Bandai seems to routinely struggle with this issue.  That is to say Arcadia very rarely has trouble filling orders or even meeting post-release demand (within 6-8 months after release), while also very rarely has their products end up on discount, while Bandai (and specifically Tamashii Nations) seems either never have enough (see vf-31, some HMR releases), or makes too many units (see other HMR releases, sv-262) that end up in the bargain bin.

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious here, but I think it has to do with the size of the companies, and how they anticipate and approve production runs.  Being smaller and more focused on a few brands,  I think Arcadia tailors a production run to each specific product release.  So if they are making a VF-1S Focker, they know that is a pretty popular valk, so they make X amount.  When they make a Miria VF-1J, they know it isn't as popular, so they make Y amount.

I don't think Bandai gets down to the level of specific product (or if they do, they do it not very well).  So if it is a HMR release, they make X amount, regardless if it is a popular valk, or a destroid release.  Same thing for the DX line, they only see Tamashii Nations -> DX Chogokin.  They don't go any more specific than that, so when they have a release that is significantly more popular than the other releases(like the Kairos), they aren't prepared for it.

How TWE factors into this, I can't really say, but maybe it is something like Tamashii Nations -> HMR -> TWE (or Tamashii Nations -> DX Chogokin -> TWE).  You would think the fact that they are pre-orders would mean that they are made-to-order, but here we are, with a huge shortage on what should have been a made-to-order product.  I also see there were production issues, which may have further created problems for the Kairos.

That's my (possible) explanation for what we are seeing, but maybe someone has way more info that could completely destroy this idea. :D

I agree with you that a smaller company like Arcadia can put more attention and probably tailors production runs more specifically. I don't think Bandai had issues delivering the 31A. I think NY is having issues securing all the orders they made from wherever Bandai delivered them to.

Thanks to Charles for the video.

Good to have a clear summary most of the situation up until now. And hopefully we'll get an answer sooner rather than later. Should've mentioned NY somewhere on the title...Maybe a staff or whatever would've have eventually caught up on it somehow and even better maybe read what some people are currently thinking about their business practices. Maybe that would made them move their butts, give a real (not vague BS) and sort this mess out ASAP .<_<.

2 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Mine was placed on the 10th, you'd expect it would've been early enough to secure it, but seems they can't even manage to sort out the ones placed on the 6th/7th. Up until now, from the info that can be gathered from MW, FB etc only one (or 2, I forgot) who 'supposedly' ordered on the 10th somehow received theirs. That's it for all orders placed after the 6th/7th! Not much....

What's with the 'supposedly'? You don't believe me?

D4sl0dU.jpg

38 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

My bad, you misread the 'supposedly'. I couldn't remember who nor where I'd seen it. I don't only frequent this forum...I did say MW, FB etc. No offense whatsoever. Not too sure why you'd get offended in the first place? Only trying to figure out NY's reasoning (if any) concerning the dates and order for the ones that  were shipped.

Anyways, apologies if I offended you in any way. (at least you got your order, you should be happy..right?...)

Edited by Kinzoku VF

1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

D4sl0dU.jpg

So I ordered on 7th and it's still stuck on "payment OK" to this day, while who ordered on 10th got theirs? Do they pick up order numbers out of a hat every time they have stock or something?

IDK wtf is going with NY by this point. But I'm sure that this is my last business with that site.

Edited by ridgebacks

4 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

NY got greedy, left the PO window opened for three months. Where's the surprise? Didn't it seem weird to anyone that it was already sold out everywhere yet NY was still taking in orders? (No matter their history of leaving POs opened slightly longer this one was 2.5 months too long if not more) Not a coincidence that the HMR Ostrich standard release announced shortly after the Kairos closed in less than a day...and never reopened. They already knew they had completely messed up their upcoming DX release. (The exact same happened for the past 3 HMR releases, they took in tons of orders, and when release day came, they didn't have enough stocks. I waited 11 days for the VF-2SS, 9 or 10 for the Elintseekers and a long while too for the 35th Anniversarry HMR. That 3 in a row that were shipped way later than their usual timing. But those weren't TWE so they did manage to catch up on stock. Not this time unfortunately.

Anyway...good luck. And who knows, maybe a few orders will get shipped, if you're lucky to have placed it on the first few days.....But at that stage, they'll most likely keep whatever they have left to list later on for a fortune....

There's some incorrect info from your post. 

on the official TWE site the VF-31a preorders started on 10-6-2018 and ended on 11-20-18 (23:00 JST)

On the official TWE site it ended a couple of hours earlier than 23:00 JST of the scheduled closed date. 

N-Y also ended there's on the same date and also couple of hours earlier than 23:00 JST .

So there was nothing close to your so call 2.5 months too long if not more this time.

The HMR Ostrich is a standard release, once their preorder gets sold out, you will not see it reopen until close to release date.  That's the normal for standard releases.With standard releases also comes multiple batch shipments and not all of them will arrive that the same time.  N-Y have a habit of taking their time on processing too but that's not what you would call "not enough stock" either.

They seem to be more open on canceling and refunding now, so perhaps it's time for you to contact them for a refund.

22 minutes ago, Negotiator said:

Anyone get theirs from lapooza?

I ordered from Loopaza (assuming that's what you meant) and got mine.  

I think Mommar ordered one from there.  The last said (which was some time ago), it had shipped but hadn't left Hong Kong.  Mommar, any update?

49 minutes ago, F360 said:

There's some incorrect info from your post. 

on the official TWE site the VF-31a preorders started on 10-6-2018 and ended on 11-20-18 (23:00 JST)

On the official TWE site it ended a couple of hours earlier than 23:00 JST of the scheduled closed date. 

N-Y also ended there's on the same date and also couple of hours earlier than 23:00 JST .

So there was nothing close to your so call 2.5 months too long if not more this time.

Thanks for pointing out the exact dates. I was under the impression that NY had left their order window much longer. It certainly felt that way. I remember checking out after and most other retailers by then had sold out, yet they still had it for sale.

44 minutes ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

I was hoping to celebrate my 40th bday with a gift to myself, but at this markup; no way!

Screenshot_20180412-184720.png

Happy 40th birthday @blackconvoy_D01. I turn 26 in a little over a week. Maybe I will treat myself to a birthday Valkyrie *cough cough*.

2 hours ago, Negotiator said:

Anyone get theirs from lapooza?

Yup, ordered it after release when it popped up here and it turned up within a few days (to Melbourne, Oz). Arrived before my first NY pre-order (the second NY preorder being stuck in the same limbo endlessly detailed in this thread. Still, at least we've got a Valk purchase hell story to last us for the next decade)

2 hours ago, GabrielV said:

I ordered from Loopaza (assuming that's what you meant) and got mine.  

I think Mommar ordered one from there.  The last said (which was some time ago), it had shipped but hadn't left Hong Kong.  Mommar, any update?

Loopaza took eighteen days.

Thanks to those of you who watched my video and voiced your views on the points I shared. 

The whole NY thing is really shrouded in mystery. For the first time in their TWE history they are failing us, and it’s on quite a large scale, going by how many of us in MWF and outside of MWF are affected.

My assumption that NY may be selling in the secondary market is but a possibility that I personally feel is not high since they openly sell at marked up prices on their website if they had the stock, provided they fulfilled all their POs. 

It is fine to sell at the going market price to make more profits. In selling Toys, you earn some and you lose some. No one is willing to pay for the original price of the Toy if the going price dropped by 50%. But many tend to cry rape when the price of a toy is doubled the original price. Ultimately we the collectors are the ones driving the prices up or down. Supply and demand, chicken and egg theory. 

Back to NY, I believe in the earlier stage they are really trying to fulfill all POs but they are definitely worn out by many customers hounding them on the delivery status. Hence they are happy to refund us in the form of store credits just to get us off their backs. 

Still that doesn’t shine the light on where in the world is NY’s 31A stock. NY definitely placed orders for it. But did they mess up and placed insufficient stocks? They don’t tell and we won’t know. 

Awaiting for the truth to be unveiled, if ever.  

39 minutes ago, CharlesXavier said:

Thanks to those of you who watched my video and voiced your views on the points I shared. 

The whole NY thing is really shrouded in mystery. For the first time in their TWE history they are failing us, and it’s on quite a large scale, going by how many of us in MWF and outside of MWF are affected.

My assumption that NY may be selling in the secondary market is but a possibility that I personally feel is not high since they openly sell at marked up prices on their website if they had the stock, provided they fulfilled all their POs. 

It is fine to sell at the going market price to make more profits. In selling Toys, you earn some and you lose some. No one is willing to pay for the original price of the Toy if the going price dropped by 50%. But many tend to cry rape when the price of a toy is doubled the original price. Ultimately we the collectors are the ones driving the prices up or down. Supply and demand, chicken and egg theory. 

Back to NY, I believe in the earlier stage they are really trying to fulfill all POs but they are definitely worn out by many customers hounding them on the delivery status. Hence they are happy to refund us in the form of store credits just to get us off their backs. 

Still that doesn’t shine the light on where in the world is NY’s 31A stock. NY definitely placed orders for it. But did they mess up and placed insufficient stocks? They don’t tell and we won’t know. 

Awaiting for the truth to be unveiled, if ever.  

Well said. 

On that note, I came home to see my 31A arrived from CDJ. 

Edited by Slave IV

30 minutes ago, F360 said:

congrats :D....  

1 minute ago, CharlesXavier said:

Congrats on receiving a PO price 31A. 

Still hoping those from NY will come through but I am on the lookout for my 2nd 31A at after market prices, just hopefully within the 35-40k range

Thanks!

Yeah, seems like 35-40k is a "good" deal for them these days. I'm still pulling for all the people with NY orders to get those too. 

15 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Wow, impressed, that's a speedy refund. And exactly what I thought they were trying to achieve with all that waiting around. And from now on, if you even mention the word 'refund' in your enquiries, *poof* order cancelled and you're refunded. :lol:

Talk about a deterrent from ever sending any further messages regarding your order being shipped. Pretty sure at that stage it won't be making any difference if you contact them or not. They're most likely going to start refunding all those preorders automatically.

Anyone still clinging to the hope of those miracle-stocks? Looks like I will end up paying for that Mospeada PO after all (if it doesn't get delayed by Sentinel yet again of course....).

I'm curious why you highlight the last part in black. I've seen this a few times.

I sent a followup to NY asking how they're actually fulfilling orders and I got the same verbatim reply that has nothing to do with my question. At this point, I'm convinced NY isn't bothered at all. They're just sending the same reply to everyone. I'd say I was disappointed, but I don't think the word is sufficient. This might be a repeat of what everyone's saying but I'd like to add my name to the list as well.

ny01.jpg.924d42cfbad40c2761702d9f4acf3510.jpg

8 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

My bad, you misread the 'supposedly'. I couldn't remember who nor where I'd seen it. I don't only frequent this forum...I did say MW, FB etc. No offense whatsoever. Not too sure why you'd get offended in the first place? Only trying to figure out NY's reasoning (if any) concerning the dates and order for the ones that  were shipped.

Anyways, apologies if I offended you in any way. (at least you got your order, you should be happy..right?...)

No worries, I wasn’t offended. Just wanted to make sure that the facts are clear. Using the word ‘supposedly’ in brackets gives the impression that you were stressing that word, which can give the impression that you doubted it or weren’t sure.

This whole fiasco is more about NY not being straight up when asked a direct question. I don't buy from them anymore, but you'd think maybe they'd be wiser when so many people are frustrated not just with the missing Valks, but their handling of it. 

Suppose they probably won't cave until it's too late and if they do, they'd end up liquidating and taking everyone's money with them. On that note, I think HLJ does a great job. Minus them not doing the TWE

I caved and bought a scalper one for 35k, now i hope it does come and not get jibbed by yet another seller. If NY comes thru with my order I might sell that one, but if they come through with my order that means it came through for everyone’s order, so the value of the valk would have dropped and I will never recoup the loss. Maybe I will keep both if thats the case.

30 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

I caved and bought a scalper one for 35k, now i hope it does come and not get jibbed by yet another seller. If NY comes thru with my order I might sell that one, but if they come through with my order that means it came through for everyone’s order, so the value of the valk would have dropped and I will never recoup the loss. Maybe I will keep both if thats the case.

35k is considered a fair price now. if you know where to get another at this price, do kindly pm me and share the deal. Thanks =)