55 minutes ago, neoexcaliber said:

I ordered on the 6th but it was more than 1 unit so... :lol:

Unlikely that they're going to be able to honor any dupes at this point considering the shortages. They'll most likely send all singles first then see if they have enough for multiples. Or refund the dupes and send 1 order?  I might be completely wrong but they're having enough difficulties to send single orders, not sure how they can justify sending 3 or more for a single order when they don't have enough for singles? Only speculation from my part of course, I haven't hot a clue....

Hope everyone will eventually get whatever they paid for. But.....if this week is anything to go by, not sure if next week will fare any better. (I'm such an optimist right? :rolleyes:)

5 hours ago, jrhudson311 said:

I inquired about the item but that was it.  No complaining or threats, just asked if there was a ETA which they basically answered as "soon".

8) Nice job!

4 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Aside from getting me stressed-out and even more p'd off, it's not exactly conducive.

Exactly! Complaining on this thread or anywhere else isn't going to do anything but what you said above about yourself for whoever you are complaining to. Just chill. :D

As someone who ordered multiples early I hope it is first come first serve. 

I can’t see why I shouldn’t get my copies because they need one for someone who ordered a month after me. No offense 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

23 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Exactly! Complaining on this thread or anywhere else isn't going to do anything but what you said above about yourself for whoever you are complaining to. Just chill

Sorry, it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, was just reflecting upon the dupe orders situation. I mean.....I could've ordered 2 myself :ph34r:....Did not mean to offend anyone. More like thinking out-loud...I finished on a 'positive' note, wishing everyone ends up getting what they paid for...

16 minutes ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Sorry, it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, was just reflecting upon the dupe orders situation. I mean.....I could've ordered 2 myself :ph34r:....Did not mean to offend anyone. More like thinking out-loud...I finished on a 'positive' note, wishing everyone ends up getting what they paid for...

Haha, I'm not offended at all. I feel like I'm trying to ease everyone who is stressed out by offering some logic and perspective. Anyways, it doesn't seem to work so I just hope you all get your orders. 

Was browsing and found that some places stated that the VF-31 A  Japanese release date was on the 15th March and that they started shipping them from the 16th?? Did they have another date for Bandai Asia? I though it was the 24th? :huh:...did I miss something?

1 minute ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Was browsing and found that some places stated that the VF-31 A  Japanese release date was on the 15th March and that they started shipping them from the 16th?? Did they have another date for Bandai Asia? I though it was the 24th? :huh:...did I miss something?

Release date from Bandai was the 15th. Resellers listed their own "release dates," ie when they anticipated getting their stock in (3-23 for Mykombini, 3-24 for NY, etc.)

1 minute ago, kajnrig said:

Release date from Bandai was the 15th. Resellers listed their own "release dates," ie when they anticipated getting their stock in (3-23 for Mykombini, 3-24 for NY, etc.)

Thanks for the info, the dates makes sense now. 

2 minutes ago, jrhudson311 said:

Just a side question, who here liked Macross Delta? I watched half of one episode and was OUT.

Love the planes though.

I watched like 2 1/2 eps and couldn’t bring myself to watch more. The valks are sweet tho :)

Episodes like 4 to 13 are pretty decent IIRC, they should have warmed the audience up a bit more to the notion of what Walkure and Delta were before that odd sailor moon and dancing valk act of episode 1. Eventually it finds a footing but then it sputters in stops and starts before ending in a decent enough finale.

10 minutes ago, jrhudson311 said:

Just a side question, who here liked Macross Delta? I watched half of one episode and was OUT.

Love the planes though.

I rolled my eyes hard when I saw the Walkures jump out to the battlefield, that was the end of it for me.

Not a fan of the main characters' Valkyrie designs either, with the toy-like color schemes, "tramp stamps" and forward swept wings and such. The 31-A had none of that and was a pure unadulterated design that I found appealing. Too bad this has now become the holy grail and I am afraid that I may never get one at "reasonable" prices.

Watched about 11 ,with long breaks between episodes, found it really hard to get into. Didn't particularly like any of the characters, the 'idol' parts were kinda 'meh' 1 or 2 catchy tunes, but too obvious that they were purposely trying to have such a big group with tons of outfits , you know...for Banpresto to sell their stuff......tried but, nope....Maybe should give it another go. I hated Frontier the 1st time around, and on my 2nd viewing found it enjoyable ...

19 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I rolled my eyes hard when I saw the Walkures jump out to the battlefield, that was the end of it for me.

Yup.  This is the cardinal sin of Delta.  I'm still working my way through it, but if I had to name absolutely one thing where it went wrong (and there are many things wrong), it is this.  You don't take the action away from the mechs in a freakin' giant robot franchise.

Hopefully Kawamori or whoever is doing the direction for future Macross entries will not repeat that mistake.  But given the popularity of Walkure in Japan, I'm afraid we might be in for more in the future.:(

But like others, the mech designs are still really good, and there is still some good mecha action in there if you are willing to endure the crap.

18 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Yup.  This is the cardinal sin of Delta.  I'm still working my way through it, but if I had to name absolutely one thing where it went wrong (and there are many things wrong), it is this.  You don't take the action away from the mechs in a freakin' giant robot franchise.

Hopefully Kawamori or whoever is doing the direction for future Macross entries will not repeat that mistake.  But given the popularity of Walkure in Japan, I'm afraid we might be in for more in the future.:(

But like others, the mech designs are still really good, and there is still some good mecha action in there if you are willing to endure the crap.

Sorry I am very old school when it comes to Macross anime - I have tried, but just could not get into any of the OVA or TV series after DYRL...

2 minutes ago, jrhudson311 said:

Man I LOVE Mac 7.

Just to be clear, i'm not knocking anyone who does :) each to their own and all that. I just didn't find the story that compelling or particularly interesting. The first few episodes were very rinse repeat which i thought let it down. Basara tries to sing to enemy, enemy f's off, Basara gets annoyed and goes home. Repeat. Only bits i liked were max's vf-22 spin missile attack episode (some actual decent valk action) and some of the songs like planet dance. That's about it for me. :pardon:

1 minute ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Just to be clear, i'm not knocking anyone who does :) each to their own and all that. I just didn't find the story that compelling or particularly interesting. The first few episodes were very rinse repeat which i thought let it down. Basara tries to sing to enemy, enemy f's off, Basara gets annoyed and goes home. Repeat. Only bits i liked were max's vf-22 spin missile attack episode (some actual decent valk action) and some of the songs like planet dance. That's about it for me. :pardon:

Yea the story is weak I think but I LOVE the valks and the music.  That opening song is like a Megaman jam.

Sorry if this dashes anyone’s hopes, but I don’t know why people are still speculating that the VF-31A orders are being shipped out by N-Y based on the order date. I believe I mentioned early on that I placed my order on 10/10. But amongst everyone here, I believe I was the first to have mine shipped. N-Y listed the release date as 3/24 (Saturday), so the earliest one can expect it to be processed and shipped is Monday (3/26). My order was processed and shipped out same day (3/26). I am in the Philippines, and I chose UPS as my shipping option.

3 minutes ago, jrhudson311 said:

Yea the story is weak I think but I LOVE the valks and the music.  That opening song is like a Megaman jam.

Can't argue there, it's got some catchy tunes. I wasn't impressed with the vf-17 nightmare though. To me it just doesn't look right as a fighter valk. Basara's fire valk looked crazy big too when it was getting it's maintenance done. That's being nit picky though :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Sorry if this dashes anyone’s hopes, but I don’t know why people are still speculating that the VF-31A orders are being shipped out by N-Y based on the order date. I believe I mentioned early on that I placed my order on 10/10. But amongst everyone here, I believe I was the first to have mine shipped. N-Y listed the release date as 3/24 (Saturday), so the earliest one can expect it to be processed and shipped is Monday (3/26). My order was processed and shipped out same day (3/26). I am in the Philippines, and I chose UPS as my shipping option.

The suspicion is that non-US customers got theirs first, and now they're finally getting to US orders.

13 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Yeah...a lot of people jumping to conclusions based on Scooby Doo logic. The only thing we know for sure is NY is still sending orders out. Anything else is just added stress for no reason. 

As for the show, I thought it was alright but it says something when my favorite character was the Mercat. 

Macross 7 was my second favorite after the OG. 

Edited by Slave IV

38 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

26 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The suspicion is that non-US customers got theirs first, and now they're finally getting to US orders.

I am in Asia but yet to receive any updates  on my order paid on 26 Oct. So the orders are not filled by geography.

I have decided to go get 1 piece from YJP in case NY doesn't fulfill my orders. Then I can put this matter to rest. And if luck has it that I get my orders from NY, I will sell my spares at the going price to even out the cost of the piece I bought from YJP.

4 minutes ago, jenius said:

Not for "no reason" as, if you want one, every day that goes by the price seems to go up, so if NY shorts you they have also made it harder for you to get one by dragging their feet.

If NY don’t come through I’m going to have to skip this valk. I’m not paying 46000 JY plus shipping and fees. That’s blood money  

I will be so pissed if they don’t figure something out. This will be the only gap in my vf-31 collection. 

8 minutes ago, jenius said:

Not for "no reason" as, if you want one, every day that goes by the price seems to go up, so if NY shorts you they have also made it harder for you to get one by dragging their feet.

OK, good point. I guess I was just going back to my whole thing about being a collector and loving the whole process of it, even when missing out on something. NBD in the whole scheme of things...there will be plenty more shiny new toys to get.

1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

Most of us here are speculating because NY is not giving us or offering us 'the best solution' and why some of us are still waiting. So it's kind of frustrating. And it's hard to stay cool in hoping that they're doing it in chronological order in the hopes that I will still get one without getting it in marked price.

Edited by no3Ljm

53 minutes ago, CharlesXavier said:

I am in Asia but yet to receive any updates  on my order paid on 26 Oct. So the orders are not filled by geography.

I have decided to go get 1 piece from YJP in case NY doesn't fulfill my orders. Then I can put this matter to rest. And if luck has it that I get my orders from NY, I will sell my spares at the going price to even out the cost of the piece I bought from YJP.

Are you planning on selling it opened or unopened?

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Most of us here are speculating because NY is not giving us or offering us 'the best solution' and why some of us are still waiting. So it's kind of frustrating. And it's hard to stay cool in hoping that they're doing it in chronological order in the hopes that I will still get one without getting it in marked price.

By all means speculate your hearts out. My point is people should drop some of the speculations that have already been disproven (e.g. priority based on order date, geography, etc). 

I think some of the ideas that aren’t disproven yet are priority is based on (1) Shipping option used or (2) Quantity ordered. Of course these theories will be immediately shot down if (1) there’s anyone else here who paid for UPS but haven’t had theirs shipped yet, or (2) ordered more than 1 and have had it shipped already.

I think those 2 theories make sense because UPS is a premium priority option, and by fulfilling single orders first, you get to satisfy a higher number of customers quicker especially if stock is slow to arrive and/or is limited.

But for all we know, it might be totally random. Personally I’d like to think that N-Y shipped mine first because they like me best LOL.

Edited by ArchieNov

30 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

By all means speculate your hearts out. My point is people should drop some of the speculations that have already been disproven (e.g. priority based on order date, geography, etc). 

I think some of the ideas that aren’t disproven yet are priority is based on (1) Shipping option used or (2) Quantity ordered. Of course these theories will be immediately shot down if (1) there’s anyone else here who paid for UPS but haven’t had theirs shipped yet, or (2) ordered more than 1 and have had it shipped already.

I think those 2 theories make sense because UPS is a premium priority option, and by fulfilling single orders first, you get to satisfy a higher number of customers quicker especially if stock is slow to arrive and/or is limited.

But for all we know, it might be totally random. Personally I’d like to think that N-Y shipped mine first because they like me best LOL.

See. That's the thing right there. You can't just expect people to drop their speculations. We still speculate our hearts out because we still don't have ours. Period. I'm sure you'll feel and voice out the same thing if you haven't received yours. But hey, just like you said -- probably NY liked you best than some of us here. You don't need to rub that in and expect us to drop our speculations. Just be thankful you have yours.

21 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

See. That's the thing right there. You can't just expect people to drop their speculations. We still speculate our hearts out because we still don't have ours. Period. I'm sure you'll feel and voice out the same thing if you haven't received yours. But hey, just like you said -- probably NY liked you best than some of us here. You don't need to rub that in and expect us to drop our speculations. Just be thankful you have yours.

Couldn't have put it any better. Thanks no3Ljm. 

53 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Again, I think you’re missing my point. Why keep on insisting it’s based on order date, when it’s already proven wrong? Seeing page after page of people posting their order dates is just barking up the wrong tree. Think of something else that hasn’t been debunked. I gave some of my own speculations too right? That it’s based on shipping option or quantity. Why not have someone validate that instead?

And if you think I’m rubbing it in that i got mine already, you have got that completely wrong. I just don’t like people wasting their time following the wrong assumption.

Edited by ArchieNov