Jump to content

Recommended Posts

All the more to believe that the story about 31A being limited is true. They always delivered on their TWE items

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'll keep waiting. I want a 31a, so not many other options at the moment. Plus I've got both the premium SDF-1 and premium VF-0S on pre-order with them, so I could use up store credit (though I'd be a bit pissed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TrickyCustomer said:

Damn, I think NY needs it's own thread. :rolleyes:

2012 thread.

2014 thread.

Suggested thread for 2018?

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, maybe a new one then :rolleyes: still though, was hoping to see a little good news regarding the current situation. Think there is like 40 messages of hate haha 

Edited by TrickyCustomer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another day without any update from NY. But there's some consolation that everyday a few members will post that they received their notification from NY.

I only hope the next one to post that is me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like hearing about people ccancelling so when they do get there stock in I might be able to get another that was rage cancelled by someone else.

Edited by jrhudson311

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CharlesXavier said:

Another day without any update from NY. But there's some consolation that everyday a few members will post that they received their notification from NY.

I only hope the next one to post that is me.

Hope you get sorted mate :good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jrhudson311 said:

I like hearing about people ccancelling so when they do get there stock in I might be able to get another that was rage cancelled by someone else.

Waiting for the chance :lol:

FatInsidiousBarb-max-1mb.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Waiting for the chance :lol:

FatInsidiousBarb-max-1mb.gif

Oh heck yeah that's me.  Looking to hook a third.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jrhudson311 said:

I like hearing about people ccancelling so when they do get there stock in I might be able to get another that was rage cancelled by someone else.

200.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NY is only offering store credit as refund for the 31A. I have escalated to PayPal to resolve the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jrhudson311 said:

Oh heck yeah that's me.  Looking to hook a third.  

Let us know the price if you do mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IXTL said:

NY is only offering store credit as refund for the 31A. I have escalated to PayPal to resolve the issue.

Thanks for sharing this info, IXTL.

At this point, I really don't mind if store credit is the only option if ever they cannot deliver the VF-31A soon. I still have some ongoing PO's with them so I'll just use that instead.

 

Edited by no3Ljm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way I'm accepting store credit. I'm done doing business with them. They had the gall to say the PayPal payment is "too old" to be refunded. BS.

Fingers crossed that once PayPal steps in, they will return me my money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to receive this from Mykombini:
 

Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, Bandai has not provided the enough quantity for this item. 
Bandai has reduced the quantity without any notice for all retailers. 
Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience. 
We have refunded your payments. 
Thank you for your understanding 
Best regards

 

Sucks as I only ordered one and paid straight away back on 6th October. However at least they are giving people their monies back! 

Hope Bandai considers another release in the future, especially with the Delta movie coming out. *fingers crossed* 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, loko77 said:

Sad to receive this from Mykombini:
 

Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, Bandai has not provided the enough quantity for this item. 
Bandai has reduced the quantity without any notice for all retailers. 
Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience. 
We have refunded your payments. 
Thank you for your understanding 
Best regards

 

Sucks as I only ordered one and paid straight away back on 6th October. However at least they are giving people their monies back! 

Hope Bandai considers another release in the future, especially with the Delta movie coming out. *fingers crossed* 

Bandai did not reduce quantities to retailers because this item was not sold to retailers. It was sold directly to customers through their web shop. If Bandai couldn't deliver the item to these customers, it would have been announced either on the webshop or directly to customers, in which case, we would already have had word on it from Japanese collectors.

Another shady shop giving crap replies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IXTL said:

No way I'm accepting store credit. I'm done doing business with them. They had the gall to say the PayPal payment is "too old" to be refunded. BS.

Fingers crossed that once PayPal steps in, they will return me my money.

Understood. And hope that you get your money back soon or return the funds to your card soon.

No offense meant. I'm only saying store credit is good for me if ever, it's because atleast I don't need to worry where should I get my future fundings for my existing PO's.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, IXTL said:

No way I'm accepting store credit. I'm done doing business with them. They had the gall to say the PayPal payment is "too old" to be refunded. BS.

Fingers crossed that once PayPal steps in, they will return me my money.

I hope paypal sorts it out for you. i wouldn't take store credit either. And rightfully they can't force it on you.

if paypal speaks up for NY, just be firm and say you want your $ back. period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Understood. And hope that you get your money back soon or return the funds to your card soon.

No offense meant. I'm only saying store credit is good for me if ever, it's because atleast I don't need to worry where should I get my future fundings for my existing PO's.

 

None taken. Just that I always knew NY was shady but since I never got burnt previously, I foolishly continued doing business with them. Not anymore now, so I have no use for store credit.

Edited by IXTL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got up....Having my coffee, and catching up on my new favourite show :D

There I was thinking we'd get some good news today...*sigh*. Not even a single member reported their order shipped...That's a major dissapointmeng. On the PayPal front...most of us are screwed  anyway as our orders were place before....( I'd still rather get some store credit than...well nothing....obviously)

Still don't know what to do, not really feeling like selling my PO, (tempted.....but, I'd be kicking myself if they end up coming through),

Love the scenarios though... like "an employee on holidays, that kept the key to the Kairos warehouse"  :lol:

Could be any number of issues. One thing I don't believe though is that they are doing all this on purpose, to list them later for x3 times the price. Again, they are not an exclusive  Macross store....They have thousands of other line and items, way more expensive than any Macross DX/ Arcadia stuff (don't forget they also deal in video-games, Ltd Ed consoles etc)....Macross is a really rather small part of their inventory.

Their only pb is their lack of transparency, which automatically gets turned into suspicion (rightly so! It's only human nature)

Well......the wait continues...Sorry about your PayPal claim IXTL.....Sucks....On the bright side....you can use it for a Sentinel Mospeada (or whatever......)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Well......the wait continues...Sorry about your PayPal claim IXTL.....Sucks....On the bright side....you can use it for a Sentinel Mospeada (or whatever......)

The PayPal claim hasn't been resolved. You make it sound like it's a lost cause. Had to open one because they weren't going to refund me but offered store credit only.

Edited by IXTL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, loko77 said:

Sad to receive this from Mykombini:
 

Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, Bandai has not provided the enough quantity for this item. 
Bandai has reduced the quantity without any notice for all retailers. 
Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience. 
We have refunded your payments. 
Thank you for your understanding 
Best regards

 

Sucks as I only ordered one and paid straight away back on 6th October. However at least they are giving people their monies back! 

Hope Bandai considers another release in the future, especially with the Delta movie coming out. *fingers crossed* 

Urgh...nope nope.....

24 minutes ago, IXTL said:

No way I'm accepting store credit. I'm done doing business with them. They had the gall to say the PayPal payment is "too old" to be refunded. BS.

Fingers crossed that once PayPal steps in, they will return me my money.

Dbl urgh store credit...no way.....only if its a return or damaged goods scenario....definitely not for a pre-order....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Just got up....Having my coffee, and catching up on my new favourite show :D

There I was thinking we'd get some good news today...*sigh*. Not even a single member reported their order shipped...That's a major dissapointmeng. On the PayPal front...most of us are screwed  anyway as our orders were place before....( I'd still rather get some store credit than...well nothing....obviously)

Still don't know what to do, not really feeling like selling my PO, (tempted.....but, I'd be kicking myself if they end up coming through),

Love the scenarios though... like "an employee on holidays, that kept the key to the Kairos warehouse"  :lol:

Could be any number of issues. One thing I don't believe though is that they are doing all this on purpose, to list them later for x3 times the price. Again, they are not an exclusive  Macross store....They have thousands of other line and items, way more expensive than any Macross DX/ Arcadia stuff (don't forget they also deal in video-games, Ltd Ed consoles etc)....Macross is a really rather small part of their inventory.

Their only pb is their lack of transparency, which automatically gets turned into suspicion (rightly so! It's only human nature)

Well......the wait continues...Sorry about your PayPal claim IXTL.....Sucks....On the bright side....you can use it for a Sentinel Mospeada (or whatever......)

Ok. So the shortcut version of this is -- Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and take what comes? :rolleyes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. So the shortcut version of this is -- Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and take what comes? :rolleyes:

 

if i want my $ back, i will open a case with paypal 3 days before the last day, just to be safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm i saw this at CDJapan's page of the 31A too...

Description
Bandai brings VF31 mecha from "Macross Delta" hit series including additional hand parts, accessories and display!

ATTENTION: this product can NOT be cancelled, exchanged, or refunded!!! Shipping date may be different than official release date (used to be end of the month).

BANDAI..... WHAT IN BLAZES.....

at least CDJ delivered (did they?)...i admit this didnt occur to me ordering ....

*hmmmm i guess now Mykombini at least refunded!!.....but their delivery is to be reckoned with, so still...no....

Edited by seti88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yen is still weak on that timeframe so it is still a saving on foreign exchange? Just sharing some needed positivity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know NY is the devil right now but did Mykombini actually fulfill any of their preorders? Everyone I spoke to who ordered from there got their order cancelled. At least we got our refunds back fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, IXTL said:

The PayPal claim hasn't been resolved. You make it sound like it's a lost cause. Had to open one because they weren't going to refund me but offered store credit only.

My bad, did  not mean to offend, I read it wrong :( .Hopefully PayPal will come through, up until now, ever claim etc I ever done has been successful, they mostly side with the customers especially in cases of obvious 'suspiciousness' like NY.... again it wasn't meant as "it's a lost cause" I genuinely thought the PP had refused and NY offered you store credit. 

m(_ _)m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kinzoku VF said:

My bad, did  not mean to offend, I read it wrong :( .Hopefully PayPal will come through, up until now, ever claim etc I ever done has been successful, they mostly side with the customers especially in cases of obvious 'suspiciousness' like NY.... again it wasn't meant as "it's a lost cause" I genuinely thought the PP had refused and NY offered you store credit. 

m(_ _)m

No offense taken. Meant to put a :) after "...lost cause" in my reply earlier but forgot to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

So when I went to look at my order history on NY's site I saw that the order went from 'Pre-Order OK' to 'Paypal New Dispute'. I looked further into the date and status of the order and the following was listed:

2018-04-05 13:41:41 Paypal New Dispute
2018-04-05 13:40:40 Paypal Dispute Resolved L
2017-10-06 21:23:37 Pre-order - Payment OK
2017-10-06 21:23:27 Processing Payment
2017-10-06 21:22:09 Order created

 

I'm not sure what their 'Paypal Dispute Resolved L' means, but the Paypal claim is not resolved, lol. Looks like I'll be calling Paypal in the morning to see what's going on since I've never done a dispute before.

If you haven't already, make sure to screenshot their ticket replies. Since they can only be accessed through their site, I wouldn't put it past them to make them "disappear" when the time comes when you might need to provide supporting documents to PayPal.

Best of luck to both of us.

Edited by IXTL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, joelwuj said:

I know NY is the devil right now but did Mykombini actually fulfill any of their preorders? Everyone I spoke to who ordered from there got their order cancelled. At least we got our refunds back fast.

Yeah that's a point, don't know anyone else who ordered off Mykombini and received their order. However, I have noticed that they have removed the VF-31A completely from their website :/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. So the shortcut version of this is -- Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and take what comes? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know, I tend to ramble :D.....Main reason I was a lurker on the site for the longest time before I eventually became a member. For the most part I stay silent, when I 'open it' , as you've already gathered, I just get way carried away with long ass replies.....(should really learn to summarise better....)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2018 at 1:58 AM, no3Ljm said:

I wonder if @MacrossJunkie ordered this. Would love to see his weathered version of this in the future. ;)

 

I did. However, Nippon Yassan still has made no movement with this. Not even a processing order status. Is this the same for everyone else that ordered from them?

I'll get back into weathering when I get a new airbrush. The one I was using is having airflow issues and I haven't been able to get proper support with regards to fixing it.

 

Edit: okay wow... I just went back and read through the last couple pages. I guess NY has been really dropping the ball here....

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joelwuj said:

I know NY is the devil right now but did Mykombini actually fulfill any of their preorders? Everyone I spoke to who ordered from there got their order cancelled. At least we got our refunds back fast.

As far as I'm aware, none of us here at MWF who ordered from them got theirs. If you spoke to others and they didn't get theirs, either, that raises some questions...

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

at least CDJ delivered (did they?)...i admit this didnt occur to me ordering ....

Some (I want to say a slim majority?) CDJ customers got theirs, but like NY and MK and presumably others, some customers didn't.

---

Anyway, heard back from MK. The gist of it is:

- If Bandai decides to do anything, MK can't talk about it before Bandai does. (Understandable.)
- If Bandai reproduces this toy, MK will offer it for sale.
- If MK offers it for sale, they will give priority to... me, at least, and presumably all other canceled preorder customers as well, as well as offer a (nonspecific) discount on price plus shipping. (Dunno if this will hold true, I wasn't and won't be expecting it to hold true, but I'm certainly not dissuaded from giving them another go either way.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...