Damn its way to hard to chose my favorite but when it comes down to which ones I'll get in toy form it'll have to be both the 31J and and 31C.

I really like the color scheme on the 31S but I never really liked the giant emblem on the back. While it no doubt looks great and makes sense in B mode I feel kinda mars the clean and elegant look of Fighter mode. The 31A looks great with its "standard" low-vis paint and double delta wings but I really love the whole aerial acrobatics look of the 31J and 31C and its a huge plus that its a homage to the old red vs blue of Max and Millia so yeah put me down for either one of those two.

On a different note has anyone figured out or has a general Idea of where the 31's rear landing gear are located? I've looked at pretty much all the photos of the 31's underside on the net but cant for the life of me figure out where they can pop down from. I thought at first after looking at the 31A they came down from under the wings but thats where a hardpoint is and is also where its arms go. Maybe they are in its legs and their doors are just very seamless, but looking at some photos there hardly looks like any space for them between the 31's internal missile bays.

Heheh... the landing gear discussion pages back...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=43115&page=21

They didnt reveal it during winterfest either so its still pretty much wait and see on an actual prototype with gears out..

Yeah, the location of the rear landing gear is one of the current unresolved mysteries of the VF-31.

The panels on the underside of the wing are clearly the forearm shield and the hand cover. There definitely doesn't seem to be any panels on the wing for rear landing gear.

And unlike the YF-30, there don't appear to be any doors on the VF-31's shin for the rear landing gear.

Bu the VF-31A underside line-art clearly shows what appear to be front landing gear doors, so we have to assume that the VF-31 series doe's have landing gear.

Guest davidwhangchoi
  • added VF-31A
  • updated delta valks w/ designated letters.

if anyone is not on the list and wishes to be added on just post your list and i'll update it later at night.

Macross World member's favorite VF-31 :wub:

VF-31S

Delta 01 -pilot* Arad Mölders

-associated waifu*** Mikumo Guynemer

1. Seti88
  2. Scyla
  3. Andy NYK
  4. barurutor
  5. derex3592 (tie w/ delta 02)
  6. no3ljm
  7. Shukenzero
  8. valhary
  9. Dio

VF-31F

Delta 02 -pilot* Messer Ihlefeld

-associated waifu*** Kaname Buccaneer

1. Raptor One
  2. Saburo (tie w/ delta 04)
  3. Graham
  4. chyll2
  5. derex3592 (tie w/ delta 01)
  6. Sildani
  7. Kaneda's Bike
  8. charger69
  9. raptormesh
  10. akteon
  11. NZEOD
  12. RocketGTR
  13. McFly!!
  14. M'Kyuun

VF-31E

Delta 03 -pilot* Chuck Mustang

-associated waifu Reina Prowler

1. Major Focker
  2. wmkjr (tie w/ delta 04)

VF-31C

Delta 04 -pilot* Mirage Fallyna Jenius :wub:

-associated waifu*** Makina Nakajima

1. davidwhangchoi
  2. mod David
  3. Saburo (tie w/ delta 02)
  4. Bub
  5. wmkjr (tie w/ delta 03)
  6. anime52k8
  7. ManhattanProject972 (tie w/ delta 05)

VF-31J

Delta 05 -pilot** Hayate Immelmann

-associated waifu*** Freyja Wion

1. abbadon
  2. Lorindor
  3. ManhattanProject972 (tie w/ delta 04)

VF-31A

1. GabrielV
  2. 1/1 LowViz Lurker
  3. sandman
  4. Ignacio Ocamica
  5. Moosey
  6. physioguy
  7. Spanner76

will update weekly or bi-weekly. more frequent when we get closer to pre-order stage.

* may be subject to change :p

**not seen yet in anime

*** speculated based on interactions

"Snip" I really love the whole aerial acrobatics look of the 31J and 31C and its a huge plus that its a homage to the old red vs blue of Max and Millia so yeah put me down for either one of those two.

added as tie between 31J and 31C

if i missed and left anyone off by accident let me know and i'll update the list

I'm hoping its not too far back. Some of the more recent Valkyrie designs seem to have them too far back and looks awkward, same with having the front nose gear too far forward too. It would be nice to have them in a semi realistic location so I can again display my toys with the gears down instead of relying on the stand (which is all my Frontier Valks).

I'm hoping its not too far back. Some of the more recent Valkyrie designs seem to have them too far back and looks awkward, same with having the front nose gear too far forward too. It would be nice to have them in a semi realistic location so I can again display my toys with the gears down instead of relying on the stand (which is all my Frontier Valks).

Well, unfortunately, unless the valks had longer bulkier thighs to accommodate the mains, the only part of most valks capable of housing them are the shins, thus necessitating their location far aft of CG. Having worked on aircraft landing gear, it always looks a little dodgy to me to have the mains located so far aft, but I realize it's a necessary compromise. I'm just glad they have retractable gears and doors at all; consider most aircraft TFs.

I don't know how either. But looking on the photos you posted especially in Fighter mode, makes you wonder where the part between the legs (that has a 'yellow' paint at te edge) goes during Gerwalk and Battroid mode. I guess, it's the same as Chronos that tucks the pod between the legs. Only this time, the Radome somehow collapse and folds before tucking it in between the legs. And from the Gerwalk photo, you can see that the Radome somehow have 'sliding rails'.

Anyways, I'm just guessing here based on the photos.

It certainly looks like the radome slides outward from the center...probably indicating its active monitoring mode..however no indications on folds lines or that forth taht i can see..

The only option i might notice is if the center slide-outs werent triangular-ish. Then the center forms a neat rectangle (forming the pod) and two sides of the radome would then fold under.

Still a very messy fold though urgh...

Sorry...i correct myself..the sides of the radome would fold 'over' the radome top and that would form the square bit somehow sticking out at the end in fighter mode...

Edited by seti88

The head on 03 is kinda reminiscent of the YF-25 Prophecy.

As for the random, I wonder if it folds down to form fins that hang underneath the fuselage, like the huge fins underneath the RVFs we've seen. The difference would be that 03's fins are arranged horizontally rather than vertically.

The head on 03 is kinda reminiscent of the YF-25 Prophecy.

As for the random, I wonder if it folds down to form fins that hang underneath the fuselage, like the huge fins underneath the RVFs we've seen. The difference would be that 03's fins are arranged horizontally rather than vertically.

That was my first impression as well - Prophecy.

The head does look good on the 03 l, now I'm just waiting on someone to declare it their favorite so David can update the list. Not me, but someone. :lol:

-b.

Guys, anybody knows (or predicted) in what month they will release VF-31?

I want to limit my budget this year. I'm planning to buy only VF-31S and TF Masterpiece Optimus Primal.

Well, the show starts broadcasting next Month but there have been no announcements of the toy releases or pre-orders yet so assume the fall, because they'd like everybody to watch the show so there's more demand for the toys.

Guys, anybody knows (or predicted) in what month they will release VF-31?

I want to limit my budget this year. I'm planning to buy only VF-31S and TF Masterpiece Optimus Primal.

Don't worry too much on when are they going to get released. The good thing is, you can save more and more everyday. ;) Because once you found out when, you'll panic for sure. Just like everyone here during PO night. PO first, worry the payment later. :rolleyes:

OK, I missed something or am simply too lazy to search this thread, but what are these valk's going for?

I am getting keenly interested in the VF-31A.

Are you asking about the price? If it is, there's no announcement made yet.

OK, I missed something or am simply too lazy to search this thread, but what are these valk's going for?

I am getting keenly interested in the VF-31A.

No announcent of price and definitely no announcement of the A model, though it's fairly likely they'll get around to it evetually as long as the other 31 models sell well.

Based on that lineart the 31 with the radar dome might be in contention for my favorite Gerwalk ever.

if Bandai does indeed release the VF-31A CF variant along with the others then I'll seriously be considering only buying one or two of them and skipping the rest! :o

fingers crossed it does come and with a less colorful paint scheme..

kt009.jpg

dang those wings look great!!! B)):D

if Bandai does indeed release the VF-31A CF variant along with the others then I'll seriously be considering only buying one or two of them and skipping the rest! :o

fingers crossed it does come and with a less colorful paint scheme..

kt009.jpg

dang those wings look great!!! B)):D

I need a squad of 31A CF's in my life.