1 minute ago, TrickyCustomer said:

I'm thinking i'll wait till the release then i'm sure they will go down in price...eventually. I think the 31a is probably the most exciting design i've seen since the ozma 29. True, the vf-0s and sv-51 are on the horizon along with the 31s. 

I wouldn’t bet on these going down in value!

Get em while they’re widely available or you will figuratively and literally pay the price haha

1 minute ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Get em while they’re widely available or you will figuratively and literally pay the price haha

I fear i already have! lol i was late to that pre order party having only learned of its existence last week! I definitely paid the price! ha  

2 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

That's true, I'm so glad I got my YF-30 at a good price. Right after the price for this one went up really steep.

1 minute ago, CrossAir said:

That's true, I'm so glad I got my YF-30 at a good price. Right after the price for this one went up really steep.

I recently bagged a vf-25a (cannon fodder) off jungle for less than the cost it is on NY. It's new and sealed so the deals are out there. Just have to hunt for them.

2 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

I recently bagged a vf-25a (cannon fodder) off jungle for less than the cost it is on NY. It's new and sealed so the deals are out there. Just have to hunt for them.

Agreed. But the hunt can also be a pain. But I think we love it all, don't we?

So the swivel on one of my VF-31 Gerwalk joints is scary tight. so tight in fact that I'm not tying to move it out of fear of breakage. 

I looked at the figure but there seems to way to disassemble it to I cant see what the issue is.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem and was able to solve it? I think I never saw a breakage here on the boards but on the other hand I'm not sure if it is save to move the joint.

The question is how much force can I use getting the joint to move without breaking it. ^_^ Ideally I would like to know how the joint is constructed so I know if there is something that can break due to too much force or an ill-constructed mechanism (see also the same joint on the VF-171)

I think it would be a help to me if you could share your experience with the joint and if you to had a hard time moving it. If so where you able to get the rotation to work and did the issue went away.

5 hours ago, Sildani said:

Uh, you saw my thread in the “Wanted” section a few days ago, right?! ;)

A little too rich for my blood. No offense to you as you are justified selling at market price. I'm just annoyed that I can't easily secure one at retail price and don't feel like I should have to pay the crazy mark up because I couldn't win a lottery. It's really souring me on the hobby right now. Imagine if they did that for frontier with the yf-29. That would have sucked.

A year ago I probably would have just paid the mark up (i paid $300 for the focker yf-29 back when it first came out - way overpriced for even now) but since then my disposable income has been greatly swallowed up by my kid's needs. Also, the USD to CAD exchange is so bad that it's not worth ordering from US sellers. So I can't justify doing this anymore. If I can't even complete delta squad I will probably use this as an excuse to quit collecting. After at least 8 years of these crazy per-order nights and now this lottery scheme, I'm tired. I hate having to plan my life around pre-order nights. I'm so busy I can't even remember what day a preorder night is or even that there was a preorder. 

The situation with the Kai really bums me out. I know it's just a toy but it has negatively affected me in regards to how I feel about this hobby. Last night I realized I probably won't ever own a kai unless I pay close to ($450-500 CAD) with it only getting worse the longer I wait. I find that I'm coming to the forum less and less these days because subconsciously I don't want to be reminded about missing out on the kai. Anyway sorry about the rant. Just need to vent I guess. Feels kind of good to get it off my chest.

5 minutes ago, Sandman said:

A little too rich for my blood. No offense to you as you are justified selling at market price. I'm just annoyed that I can't easily secure one at retail price and don't feel like I should have to pay the crazy mark up because I couldn't win a lottery. It's really souring me on the hobby right now. Imagine if they did that for frontier with the yf-29. That would have sucked.

A year ago I probably would have just paid the mark up (i paid $300 for the focker yf-29 back when it first came out - way overpriced for even now) but since then my disposable income has been greatly swallowed up by my kid's needs. Also, the USD to CAD exchange is so bad that it's not worth ordering from US sellers. So I can't justify doing this anymore. If I can't even complete delta squad I will probably use this as an excuse to quit collecting. After at least 8 years of these crazy per-order nights and now this lottery scheme, I'm tired. I hate having to plan my life around pre-order nights. I'm so busy I can't even remember what day a preorder night is or even that there was a preorder. 

The situation with the Kai really bums me out. I know it's just a toy but it has negatively affected me in regards to how I feel about this hobby. Last night I realized I probably won't ever own a kai unless I pay close to ($450-500 CAD) with it only getting worse the longer I wait. I find that I'm coming to the forum less and less these days because subconsciously I don't want to be reminded about missing out on the kai. Anyway sorry about the rant. Just need to vent I guess. Feels kind of good to get it off my chest.

If the hobby is more of a bother or concern than it is fun, then yeah, you should probably move on.  No sense in spending hundreds of dollars for something that is causing more stress than joy.

That said, have you considered just scaling down?  Do you really need to own every variant of every valk?  I just pre-ordered the vf-31S, but I know it will be my only one.  I probably wouldn't have even gotten that if it wasn't for that ridiculous (awesome) armor from the movie.  You can definitely still have fun with the hobby if you can scale back the completionist tendencies.

But I know everyone collects for different reasons, so that might not be something that appeals to you.

2 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Is it wrong that i kinda want a third vf-31a kairos?

If it’s wrong to want a third then I’m positively evil for wanting a fourth (and fifth...)

Edited by Mommar

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

A little too rich for my blood. No offense to you as you are justified selling at market price.

Erm, that was intended for Graham. I’m LOOKING for a 31A, and I’ve never had a 31 Kai up for grabs, sorry. 

I’ll probably use my NY discount on the armor parts.  Either that or an order of HMR.  If it is a TWE then there won’t be a rush and the discount will be easier to apply.  I could have used it on the VF-31S but didn’t want to go through the extra steps and risk losing the preorder.

10 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

What's the SHF labels for? Finally some more Macross SHF?

Left katakana says [Mikumo] "Guynemer," right says "Freyja Wion," from what I remember of katakana.

ギンヌメール = gi-n-na-me-e-ru

フレイヤ・ヴィオン = fu-re-i-ya vi-o-n

23 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Left katakana says [Mikumo] "Guynemer," right says "Freyja Wion," from what I remember of katakana.

ギンヌメール = gi-n-na-me-e-ru

フレイヤ・ヴィオン = fu-re-i-ya vi-o-n

So same ones that have been out...oh well. Thanks for the translation!

3 hours ago, IXTL said:

Yappari deru! (I knew they would come out!)

Armored pack was more or less a certainty. But the Lildrakens? Now that was something I didn’t expect. Not really interested if its going to be a special release Messer custom. But if its just the Lildrakens with special clear attachment parts to allow for connection to any 31 (which I expect), then I might bite.

14 minutes ago, treatment said:

Welp! 

I don't particularly like most (if not all) of Delta valks, but Mirage's colors is the only one I can sorta tolerate at least in fighter-mode...

https://imgur.com/KdSr0su

KdSr0sul.jpg

Being on sale at 18k-yen new/damaged-box was a nice, too.

Look like the Gypsies and Gnaw are ready for her to fly out of the box.  :lol: 18,000 Yen for Mirage is a fairly good price for it as I seen some listings can ask 22,000 (?)+ Yen for her.

Now the question next to ask is: Are you ready for her colours on the SV-262 Ba variant if it ever gets made? :blink:

36 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Was there never a DX Lil Drakens set/bundle? Odd that they'd wait this long... For that matter, did the Ba ever see a release and/or announcement?

There was a Lil' Draken and missile pod set for the SV-262 (also came with open shield and sword), but this appears to be a new one with some method to attach the Lil' Drakens to a VF-31.