Guest davidwhangchoi
  • added VF-31A
  • updated delta valks w/ designated letters.

if anyone is not on the list and wishes to be added on just post your list and i'll update it later at night.

Macross World member's favorite VF-31 :wub:

VF-31S

Delta 01 -pilot* Arad Mölders

-associated waifu*** Mikumo Guynemer

1. Seti88
  2. Scyla
  3. Andy NYK
  4. barurutor
  5. derex3592 (tie w/ delta 02)
  6. no3ljm
  7. Shukenzero
  8. valhary
  9. Dio

VF-31F

Delta 02 -pilot* Messer Ihlefeld

-associated waifu*** Kaname Buccaneer

1. Raptor One
  2. Saburo (tie w/ delta 04)
  3. Graham
  4. chyll2
  5. derex3592 (tie w/ delta 01)
  6. Sildani
  7. Kaneda's Bike
  8. charger69
  9. raptormesh
  10. akteon
  11. NZEOD
  12. RocketGTR
  13. McFly!!
  14. M'Kyuun

VF-31E

Delta 03 -pilot* Chuck Mustang

-associated waifu Reina Prowler

1. Major Focker
  2. wmkjr (tie w/ delta 04)

VF-31C

Delta 04 -pilot* Mirage Fallyna Jenius :wub:

-associated waifu*** Makina Nakajima

1. davidwhangchoi
  2. mod David
  3. Saburo (tie w/ delta 02)
  4. Bub
  5. wmkjr (tie w/ delta 03)
  6. anime52k8

VF-31J

Delta 05 -pilot** Hayate Immelmann

-associated waifu*** Freyja Wion

1. abbadon
  2. Lorindor

VF-31A

1. GabrielV
  2. 1/1 LowViz Lurker
  3. sandman
  4. Ignacio Ocamica
  5. Moosey
  6. physioguy
  7. Spanner76

will update weekly or bi-weekly. more frequent when we get closer to pre-order stage.

* may be subject to change :p

**not seen yet in anime

*** speculated based on interactions

Oh yeah VF-31A!!! Delta wing valk. Dave change my favorite to the VF-31A.

The VF-31A is becoming my favorite over Delta 01

updated changes of favorite valk B))

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I'm really curious how the radome folds up on the VF-31E and if Bandai will be able to implement it in the DX toy, or whether they will make it a parts-former and give us an open radome and a seperate part for the folded up radome.

Also I really want to get a closer look at the FAST packs we glimpsed in the preview episode.

i don't know how common knowledge this is, but the japanese text says the VF-31A will definitely be appearing in the anime along with the VF-171. the VF-31A is described as the most basic type, as opposed to the delta squad versions which have been specially built to support "idol combat." essentially it's the cannon fodder 31. seeing as how bandai made the VF-25A from frontier, i would think they would definitely make the VF-31A as well.

I wonder if on the VF-31A, the opening storage in the backs on the legs hold micro-missiles instead of the boomerang drones. I hope so.

I think it would be fairly easy to collapse the radome so it has at least a rectangular top surface area (like snapping it in half) and have the other parts slide into the rest of the dome so that they don't scrape on the ground while the VF-31E sits on its landing gears. It won't look like a perfect fish finger but I think that has to be expected.

Edited by Scyla

I'm wondering if that is why we haven't seen the VF-31E in toy form yet..........Bandai's toy designers are still scratching their heads trying to figure out how to implement the folding radome......hahah

It'll just be a part attached with a separate clip that will inevitably be lost. :p

I think the VF-31 shown are still glued together hand painted prototypes maybe the paint masters for the DX toys. I could imagine that the VF-31E and VF-31C are released later (like the RVF-25 and VF-25G) and that is why they haven't shown a prototype. Especially Mirages Valkyrie looks like it will be exactly the same as the VF-31J other than the head turret so no need to rush it and saturate the market. The S and F have the benefit of having a cool tattoo to differentiate them from the others (tramp stamp?) and the J is the main character Valkyries so I can easily see why the are prioritized.

Another thing could be that Messer or Ardo get killed early in the show and Hayate inherits their Valkyrie so another reason to get them out first. I can't see the main character of the show piloting a VF-31E and Mirage seems to be a major character so no need to hurry with the C releases since the fans will buy it anyway. :p

Ok maybe you long-time fans can help me out here. I seriously am not able to tell any differences between any of the VF-31 variants. Those close-up pictures of the different VF-31s all virtually look the same except for the colours. So that's all in plane mode.

However like other valkyries, is the only difference in the variants in their battroid heads (which we haven't really seen clearly at this point) ?

Have a look at the middle of the "back" of the fighter and the number of antenna/lasers shown. That's the biggest difference. The other standout is the VF-31E, which has a blunt end bit between the engines/feet, where all the rest have a point. That part is the "weapon canister" that the YF-30 introduced. On the VF-31E, it folds out (we think) into the rotating dish the electronic warfare versions of Valks sport.

And if the 31A is to be considered a variant, then add non front swept wings as a difference.

The point which i hope will be different also, is the leg pods/turrent pod on the 31a.

Since the hero 31's support the walkure directly, it leaves the regular army CF 31A'S an opportunity to be packed with non boomerang (hint micro missiles!! :rolleyes:​ ) and a non-mobile charger loadout. :5:

Edited by seti88

Technically, the VF-31A would be the "standard" and all the others would be the variants off of it. :)

(I'd love to see Kawamori go "retro" with the designations, and give us a two-seater TF-31A) (because if the C-version already is FSW, don't want to 'waste' the B designation)

I'm pretty sure the Delta squadron VF-31 all have a rear seat anyway, likely a folding rear seat like in the 25/27/29 series.

We saw one of the Walkure girls jump from the cockpit of one of the VF-31s in the prologue episode.

Since the CF 31A doesnt directly support the walkure, it may not be a given that the 31A has a rear seat...although i havent had time to check out any pics on that...

I'm pretty sure the Delta squadron VF-31 all have a rear seat anyway, likely a folding rear seat like in the 25/27/29 series.

We saw one of the Walkure girls jump from the cockpit of one of the VF-31s in the prologue episode.

Gah, duh on my part, I noticed that myself when I watched it. Must have forgotten already. Heck, nearly every basic valk design since the -19 has been a two-seater, with the -21/22 being an exception.

Gah, duh on my part, I noticed that myself when I watched it. Must have forgotten already. Heck, nearly every basic valk design since the -19 has been a two-seater, with the -21/22 being an exception.

I think there is a difference between a true two seater variant an the passenger seat, no?. For example the VF-25 has a second seat but we only ever see it as a mean to transport people. The YF-25 on the other hand has a proper second seat for a second pilot.

It could be that I'm wrong but that is how I imagined.

I think there is a difference between a true two seater variant an the passenger seat, no?. For example the VF-25 has a second seat but we only ever see it as a mean to transport people. The YF-25 on the other hand has a proper second seat for a second pilot.

It could be that I'm wrong but that is how I imagined.

The was an episode with Sheryl attempting to pilot the VF-25G from the back seat so it should be fully functional.

Edited by neoexcaliber

heck i forgotten abt that pseudo 2 seater (not really a 2 seater but can be converted into a 2 seater) bit too.

I guess my definition of a two seater is that it required 2 persons to be fly. Thus you have an elongated cockpit with a central frame (in the middle not to the back) and double side dips in the fuselage side for 2 pilots access.

But with the latest tech, who needs 2 persons eh?

I still dont mind such a variant though, its a lil retro! :lol: Thats why am still wanting one in the VF-0 line (0D excluded) and perhaps in the 31!

Edited by seti88

Actually, it always surprised me in Frontier that the RVF-25/171 were not dedicated 2-seater, stretched cockpit Valks, like the YF-25 Prophecy.

I know with the level of technology a lot of functions are automated, but still having a back-seater to handle the Radar/Drones/other sensors/ELINT functions would have made the pilot's workload a lot easier. But I guess that would have involved introducing another main character besides Luca.

At least most of the time in space, they had Luca standing off and not getting involved in direct combat.

Graham

ojpkzZm.jpg

Hey guys, in the speakerpodcast Renato pointed out that the paint scheme for the 31A there is the official paint scheme. So for those of you who like the real-world style schemes it sounds like the 31A has just that. Pretty much guarantees I will wind up with three of them.

Hey guys, in the speakerpodcast Renato pointed out that the paint scheme for the 31A there is the official paint scheme. So for those of you who like the real-world style schemes it sounds like the 31A has just that. Pretty much guarantees I will wind up with three of them.

Nice!

Even though I don't like the 31A in Fighter mode as much as the other 31 variants I'll definitely buy one or two if it's in that color scheme.

-b.