All I got from my Google-Fu.

For the Delta valks from the bottom left : "Chaos Ragna 3rd fighter wing Delta platoon". Middle is "VF-31 Delta platoon is of the type that specializes in joint operations with the tactical music unit Walkure, different from the so-called normal mass production specification machine. Of improving atmosphere mobility is the main feature.

Need to see all the right hand side but will wait till someone that can actually translate it all correctly.

Also, I'm guessing it's a Windmere vs Ragna fleet (or planet) thing since they show the 2 fleets colonizing next to each other?

The boomerang drones are stored in the back of the Valk's lower legs, not in the charger pod

You're right, sir! But I didn't said that the Boomerang Drones are stored in the Charger Pod. All I said was 'OR everyone have the same Speaker/Charging Boomerang Pods'. Instead of having different pods individually. ;)

A bit hard to see, I think it's more like "alpha" letter..so delta wings of "Alpha Squadron" in the making?..I want an S version!

But then you need the other ones to complete the lineup too. More ways for Bandai to suck us dry.

You're right, sir! But I didn't said that the Boomerang Drones are stored in the Charger Pod. All I said was 'OR everyone have the same Speaker/Charging Boomerang Pods'. Instead of having different pods individually. ;)

Dangit i want my individual pods! ....and at the regular msrp prices! :D

A bit hard to see, I think it's more like "alpha" letter..so delta wings of "Alpha Squadron" in the making?..I want an S version!

But then you need the other ones to complete the lineup too. More ways for Bandai to suck us dry.

I thk the 31a marking is same as the rest of the hero valks. Its the delta logo if not mistaken....Just why the 03...

The S version would be arad's valk vf-31S or designation Delta 01...

edit: on closer inspection, yeah it looks like an alpha letter infront of the 03 on the 31A......

Edited by seti88

The have the base mold and Bandai wants our money more..hehe

Dangit i want my individual pods! ....and at the regular msrp prices! :D

I thk the 31a marking is same as the rest of the hero valks. Its the delta logo if not mistaken....Just why the 03...

The S version would be arad's valk vf-31S or designation Delta 01...

edit: on closer inspection, yeah it looks like an alpha letter infront of the 03 on the 31A......

Yeah, the S already for Arad’s valk..maybe different letter for Alpha 01 (if they make one)..VF-31Z sounds cool to me ;)

Delta wing, military color-ish, default real weapon pod instead of the charger thingy, new leader head for leader valk, Bandai can take my money (again)!

Thats the same turret config as the delta 04.. :mellow:

1.Hopefully d01 and d02 have offensive configs since d03 is a radome. If so would put d02 as a sniper config and d01 as perhaps missile based...

2. Would b interesting to see how that gunpod is folded in an actual toy....

I'm still hoping that the left side of the charger pod is an offensive gunpod and not actually part of the charger system.

God damn you Bandai, I have to buy another VF-31?

What do you think about the possibility of Delta 03-05 getting their own skull tattoo mid-season so that we have to buy an additional variant of all the Valkyries form the show? ^_^

VF-31A FTW... just love the non-flashy, realistic color scheme. Delta-02's colors are growing on me as well... it's the least "flying circus" looking of the Delta bunch, and the Hooded Reaper art looks kind of cool.

The dark blue and gold on the SV-262 that's been shown thus far reminds me a lot of Gunbuster, and that's a good thing.

There's a reason why, the YF-30's cose cone folds back around and protrudes from the back. On the VF-31 the nosecone folds downward like on the 25 series so there's no protrusion out the back. If it weren't for the nose cone the YF-30 could already do that so it should be safe thinking the 31 can absolutely do that.

Very cool

This is at a toy show right? It's fascinating that they're showing off the 31A. I'm wondering if they are planning to make a toy from it in a similar vein to the YF-25.

I'd say that's highly likely

i really wish they just made the 01 unit in Fokker/Ozma colors

Not me. Although I'm not crazy about the scheme, I'm glad they're switching it up.

They'll probably release a Focker variant somewhere down the line. They won't rest when there's a mold to be milked!

So the VF-31A is basically the same as a YF-30 except:

the tails (not so vertical stabs) are mounted further forward,

and the pod is different?

Is the nose slightly different as well or is it just me?

I have to say I'm way more in love with it than either the YF-30 or any of the other VF-31 variants.

The colour scheme has PLENTY to do with it.

Edited by Moosey

Alrighty, heres all the Macross-related pics I took at Wonder Festival today.

Enjoy :-)

Thanks!

Is the nose slightly different as well or is it just me?

I have to say I'm way more in love with it than either the YF-30 or any of the other VF-31 variants.

The colour scheme has PLENTY to do with it.

There are probably more than a few differences between the YF-30 and VF-31A, but they do look very similar from the top down view in Fighter mode.

Happily one of them looks to be the nosecone and canopy in Fighter, was always my least favorite part (aesthetically speaking) of the 30.

-b.

I want to like the VF-31F the most, but I think the VF-31C is my favorite. I like the purple and the pilot is the coolest looking. Side question: who is the Idol with the pink pigtails? she's my new favorite character in any macross ever; she's so Kawaii!!! ^_^

I want to like the VF-31F the most, but I think the VF-31C is my favorite. I like the purple and the pilot is the coolest looking. Side question: who is the Idol with the pink pigtails? she's my new favorite character in any macross ever; she's so Kawaii!!! ^_^

That is Makina Nakajima Lucky for you she seems to be with Mirage and the VF-31C. They probably will do a statue of her. No cast-off to preserve the purity of the character, oh and because she is underage. ^_^

[edit:] I was wrong. Here it says 18 years old. :D

image.jpeg

Edited by Scyla

VF-31F, A, and possibly the J are looking pretty good to me. Love the colors on the F, and I'd like the A just to have the wing variation, although it's color scheme is looking pretty good so far.

Hopefully I'll be able to score these after the initial preorder madness.

Hmmn, maybe Mirage's "grandma Milia" etc can show up in a bright red VF-31A...

hahaha! i hope she does do a cameo in her signature red 1j 'relic'

they're really so good at it that we keep coming back for more

I'm still hoping that the left side of the charger pod is an offensive gunpod and not actually part of the charger system.

me too! i'm hoping it'll be like the strike cannon

i really wish they just made the 01 unit in Fokker/Ozma colors

shh! that's the plan for the 40th anniversary custom!

How good would this look displayed in ones lounge room or man cave! :D

hahaha or along the hall like medieval knights' armor. if they sold one in this scale of f mode, i'd be tempted to put it on the roof, like the academy in frontier that had a vf-1

Everything's fairly similar, but everything *IS* in fact different. Like YF-17 vs F/A-18, or YF-19 vs VF-19S.

Canards are different, tailfins are different, nacelles are different...