5 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

You won't regret getting into HM-R, even if it's just for the enemies and destroids, honesty, they are very, very cool! I like the 1/60 Valks better myself as well, but the HM-R's well...you gotta have a couple at least to go with the baddies!

The Regult, Glaug, and Desdroids are great. I can't wait for the HMR Tomahawk. The 1/60 Yamato one is nice, but the HMRs have great detail and all the tampo markings, plus better joints.

20 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The Regult, Glaug, and Desdroids are great. I can't wait for the HMR Tomahawk. The 1/60 Yamato one is nice, but the HMRs have great detail and all the tampo markings, plus better joints.

I have the Yamato Tomahawk, and I really love it. The only HMR Valkyrie I really want is the VF-1J GBP, because I have had so many other VF-1 toys. The Destroids and the Baddies are the only real reason I want to get any HMR's.

Also, here's a picture of Mirage looking sharp with that crisp salute:

2017-10-23 14.41.31.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie Driver

I have a Yamato Tomahawk myself, and it's great and huge, but I need to tighten up the forward-back waist pivot, and I got it with the clamshell unopened. Also it looks kinda plain without any of the stickers added.

So as to be relatively on-topic, here's a WIP shot of something VF-31 related:

6cr9Ud4.gif

Edited by Sanity is Optional

The destroids and Zentradi mecha are the real stars of the HMR line. 

The HMR VF-1 is a piss poor substitute for the 1/60 version. This view was recently reinforced when I opened up my Messer VF-1. The paint scheme actually looks great in fighter mode (despite the pink nipples) but the proportions and parts fit are mediocre. Back to battroid mode with you! 

However, I do like the canopy and wish Bandai went with the clear orange for the DX 31. :angry:

I too am a bit unhappy with the Choice of plastic for the Canopy on the VF-31. I mean I know that mirage is in there, but I want to actually see the pilot figures in fighter mode. Though I did leave the opaque canopy on my Sv-262, but that's to be anime accurate...

The VF-27's and the SV-262 solid canopies are one thing because they are flown by people with superior mental intellects/reflexes or some form of what the YF-21 had yes?? Which I think looks great, but yeh...the hero Valks, come on, we want to see the heroes who are flying them, gold tint, great, but not what they did to the degree they did on the 31's.

I think it's because the cockpits are all virtual. You see the illusion being broken at times like when Keith takes the hit from Hayate that makes him a cyclops.

As for the gold canopies, I think they tried to emulate the effect in the show, but it didn't work as well as expected. So with the Kairos, we get the new version, but they can't change the canopies for Delta now because it would create a mismatched squad.

Edited by Zx31

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I have a Yamato Tomahawk myself, and it's great and huge, but I need to tighten up the forward-back waist pivot, and I got it with the clamshell unopened. Also it looks kinda plain without any of the stickers added.

So as to be relatively on-topic, here's a WIP shot of something VF-31 related:

6cr9Ud4.gif

I like!!!!!

7 hours ago, Saburo said:

6BCCB6A6-9E94-4A7E-ABB7-1C3EDEB1DD42.jpeg

Nice Saburo! Even with just a phone camera, your pic is amazing! 

Messer looks properly menacing now with that Super pack! Now if only NY would ship mine already...

9 hours ago, Saburo said:

Quick camera phone shot of the VF-31F and VF-31J equipped with Super Parts.

Saburo working the enabler magic via a mobile phone too...:D Cant wait for your studio shots also....

Mmmm I must say am a whole squad with supers is gonna be imposing!

3 hours ago, Zx31 said:

Requested a personal shopping service order and paid up front a month ago. They weren't able to make an order in the first round, but confirmed they were able to order 2 for me today.

Nice would you mind sharing what they charged? The quote they provided me didn’t specify travel costs etc

4 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Nice would you mind sharing what they charged? The quote they provided me didn’t specify travel costs etc

This is what they sent me. Travel costs werent stated, but I figure that depends on the venue they have to go to. Aside from the up front cost of the two 31s, I haven't gotten a total cost for the fees and shipping.

Thank you very much for your email. 

We offer a Personal Shopping Service in order to go to a physical store or event and purchase and item for the customer.

Please kindly check the fees for this below:

Basic fee: 5000 yen

Hourly fee: 2000 yen

Transportation fee

Please kindly note that in case we can't get the item, as long as we visit the item location the fees will be charged anyway."

Edited by Zx31

1 hour ago, Zx31 said:

This is what they sent me. Travel costs werent stated, but I figure that depends on the venue they have to go to. Aside from the up front cost of the two 31s, I haven't gotten a total cost for the fees and shipping.

Thank you very much for your email. 

We offer a Personal Shopping Service in order to go to a physical store or event and purchase and item for the customer.

Please kindly check the fees for this below:

Basic fee: 5000 yen

Hourly fee: 2000 yen

Transportation fee

Please kindly note that in case we can't get the item, as long as we visit the item location the fees will be charged anyway."

So they charge hourly fee, meaning while they're in-line and waiting? So I'm assuming the total price of getting the item is around Y26000 plus any number of hour rates. Is that correct?

Item cost was 21,000. I'm assuming the hourly fee is time at the event and also transit time since thats down time they aren't working other orders. Not sure what the hourly will be, but I'm pretty sure the 5,000 Shopping Service fee is for the whole order, so 2,500 per 31.