8 minutes ago, UN Spacy said:

Are all of these stores pay up front for preorders? 

It's the Tamashii Web-store Exclusive nature of this release that makes it a pay upfront affair.  N-Y, for example, offers a pay later option on every non-exclusive pre-order they sell.

Looks very, very nice! 

I have to say I'm confused as to why they went the extra effort to make the bigger front winglets, massive split gray "fold carbon" collarbone pieces, missiles instead of drones, and then for some inexplicable reason, totally forgot about the completely different arrangement of the nose sensors.  They've already modified the mold for all those parts above (not to mention the wings themselves of course) so why not go 100% and get the nose right?  I can forgive the charging pod because that's how it was shown anyway...

WElp... This is how it's gonna go.

Check budget October - Enough for 1? Grab 1.

Check budget in November - Still enough? Grab another

Repeat until I have too many.

Luckily I've budgeted and pre-paid for all my preorders up thru the Elints coming out in January to there's no money that has to be set aside for anything else between now and January 

Edited by Duymon

5 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Ooh, I'm so stoked for this, but I don't know anything about pricing. (I've only checked the last two pages.) Can anyone refresh me on when/where/how much to preorder?

The official materials don't specify a different pod configuration for the VF-31A, just notes that the VF-31 was designed to handle different container pods. The missile launcher + sensor that we see on the customized Bandai model kits are... well, customized by the modeler. It's not necessarily a canon design (as far as I'm aware... it may well be based on lineart from the Perfect Files/etc.).

It stands to reason that Alpha Squadron has a different pod setup "canonically" and that the animation reuses the charger pod to save money, but if the animation is taken as the primary source, then yes, the rest of Xaos has a charger pod as default as well. (The "canon" also says that the legs' racks contain missiles instead of Delta's drones, but I'm sure if those were ever shown they would have had drones, too.)

That all said, the lack of a different pod setup is already putting me off this toy, despite how much I've been yearning for it. It couldn't possibly have taken very much effort to design a replacement for the charger pod. Even just a different part that caps onto the existing charger pod that turns it into a missile launcher would have been enough.

If the price is too high (like it seems to be, judging from people's posts), I'll reluctantly pass on this and make do with the kits.

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! :lol: Well, atleast Bandai's consistent with everything... so far. :db:

Mostly CDJ, BiJ, and NY.

Probably it has different configuration. There's a lot of different pod schematics in the Master File book but I doubt Bandai will ever do those.

6 hours ago, Zx31 said:

"Regular" 31A units probably do, but we only ever see Xaos VF-31 units assigned to the Elysion, which is primarily used to support Walkure opperations. It makes sense that they all use the same default pod to save on cost and maintenance. (pay no attention to the savings in animation cost)

Fair enough. Not really a huge deal for me, but would have been a nice bonus.

Not sure if it was asked yet but how long are the Web Exclusive preorders usually available for?

1 minute ago, Raptor One said:

Not sure if it was asked yet but how long are the Web Exclusive preorders usually available for?

Dunno if I'm getting this mixed up but TWE and P-Bandai are separate from each other, correct? My thinking is TWE orders have a order period with a deadline and you can order whenever in that window. P-Bandai, being exclusive and limited, have a set amount before they sell out kinda like a general release? 

1 hour ago, Duymon said:

WElp... This is how it's gonna go.

Check budget October - Enough for 1? Grab 1.

Check budget in November - Still enough? Grab another

Repeat until I have too many.

Luckily I've budgeted and pre-paid for all my preorders up thru the Elints coming out in January to there's no money that has to be set aside for anything else between now and January 

Am with you until repeat...^_^ sounds like a squadron collection which i dont thk i can support..

Since this release is a 03, will there be an then be an 02 and of course 01?

4 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Dunno if I'm getting this mixed up but TWE and P-Bandai are separate from each other, correct? My thinking is TWE orders have a order period with a deadline and you can order whenever in that window. P-Bandai, being exclusive and limited, have a set amount before they sell out kinda like a general release? 

TWE = Tamahii Web Exclusive 

P-Bandai is the website to get TWE directly.

so its the same thing.

Its not really build to order , there is a set limit on how much they will make.  Its alot but Preorders will stop when they reach their limit or when they reach their deadline.  Which ever comes first.

if they reach their limit too early, many times thy will announces another batch that will have a later release date.

21 minutes ago, F360 said:

TWE = Tamahii Web Exclusive 

P-Bandai is the website to get TWE directly.

so its the same thing.

Its not really build to order , there is a set limit on how much they will make.  Its alot but Preorders will stop when they reach their limit or when they reach their deadline.  Which ever comes first.

if they reach their limit too early, many times thy will announces another batch that will have a later release date.

Thanks for clearing it up for me!  

3 hours ago, mickyg said:

Looks very, very nice! 

I have to say I'm confused as to why they went the extra effort to make the bigger front winglets, massive split gray "fold carbon" collarbone pieces, missiles instead of drones, and then for some inexplicable reason, totally forgot about the completely different arrangement of the nose sensors.  They've already modified the mold for all those parts above (not to mention the wings themselves of course) so why not go 100% and get the nose right?  I can forgive the charging pod because that's how it was shown anyway...

Right? Though I suppose to be fair, it's way easier to implement the changes they did than the one they didn't. The wings and missiles are probably just parts swaps, and the fold quartz is swapped for 2x fold carbon that are glued onto the preexisting body. (The head is obviously a simple swap as well.) Depending on how the nosecone is constructed, they would have had to remold significant portions just for this variant.

For those who are wondering about the nosecone sensors (from the Hasegawa model kits):

vf-31 nosecone.png

45 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Since this release is a 03, will there be an then be an 02 and of course 01?

Maybe they randomize it to surprise you. :D

Or maybe they'll leave numbers off entirely and include a waterslide sheet.

2 minutes ago, jasonmacross83 said:

Guys, I'm torn between getting the Milia Premium Finish Valkyrie and the VF-31 Farina Jenius. Which would you recommend and which has better engineering?

I can't speak personally; I know a lot of people have been singing the praises of the VF-31. Not that there's been many complaints about the VF-1, but my sense is that the VF-31 has really left a mark on people with regards to how smoothly everything comes together.

48 minutes ago, jasonmacross83 said:

Guys, I'm torn between getting the Milia Premium Finish Valkyrie and the VF-31 Farina Jenius. Which would you recommend and which has better engineering?

Grab the 31. It's amazing how far the Bandai designers have come and the valk is pretty nice looks wise. I highly recommend it. I just wished the 25s were done like the 31s, then they'd be perfection in both design and engineering.

19 minutes ago, Shukenzero said:

Grab the 31. It's amazing how far the Bandai designers have come and the valk is pretty nice looks wise. I highly recommend it. I just wished the 25s were done like the 31s, then they'd be perfection in both design and engineering.

VF-31 it is then. I am tired of Arcadia moving shipment dates forward with the VF-1. I feel there may be quality issues happening with that release. 

Not only do I love the VF-31 design, but the packaging is so elegant. Totally in character with the Macross franchise. 

Thank you for your feedback!

26 minutes ago, jasonmacross83 said:

VF-31 it is then. I am tired of Arcadia moving shipment dates forward with the VF-1. I feel there may be quality issues happening with that release. 

Not only do I love the VF-31 design, but the packaging is so elegant. Totally in character with the Macross franchise. 

Thank you for your feedback!

No probs dude! You'll really like it as it's a blast to transform considering it's relative complexity, but it also isn't a floppy mess after a few transformations. I absolutely love my VF-27 but after a few transformations it can't stand properly. No such issues with the 31s. 

29 minutes ago, adankree said:

I've only ordered from AmiAmi and AE, although I love the 80's reference, how's BigInJapan with regards to price and shipping?

Their price is normally abit higher than A-E,  But their Fedex economy shipping is priced pretty good.

Also they shipped items out really quick,

here's the shipping rate to USA

EMS     1x3700 2x5900 3x8000
Fedex  1x3700 2x5350 3x7300

quantity X shipping rate.

Edited by F360

5 minutes ago, F360 said:

Their price is normally abit higher than A-E,  But their Fedex economy shipping is priced pretty good.

Thanks bro. I'll guess I'll be up tonight waiting on Anime Export OR even NY since MW members seem to have had good experiences with them.

1 minute ago, adankree said:

Thanks bro. I'll guess I'll be up tonight waiting on Anime Export OR even NY since MW members seem to have had good experiences with them.

yeah, it's best to shop around when you can, instead of the pre order mad dash.

Biginjapan is not a new site.  MW members use it too^_^