1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Hope everyone bought an extra set of super parts so you can use the missiles! :p

To be sold in web shop after the event. Sweet. Won't have to call in any favors to get it. B))

Does this mean the likes of NY and AE will be carrying them?

I'm so glad I skipped out the first version.

19 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Theay can always pack the reaction missiles into the add-on set for the sound booster. :)

See, they could do that, but one thing Bandai seems to be very consistent about is never including any kind of optional equipment combination not seen directly in the show.  The DYRL super-packed VF-1s only include DYRL missiles, while the TV versions only include the TV missiles.  Only the CF-171s received the giant reaction missiles and MDEs, because only they were shown with them.  Hayate's original 31J never mounted reaction missiles, so they only get released with the version that did.  Can't have people being creative and making custom loadouts now, can we? :rolleyes: 

I believe the only VF-31s shown with reaction missiles on-screen were Hayate's updated 31J, and Mirage, so I'd expect only those two to ever get the missiles (I don't remember if Chuck and Arad got them too for the all of 5 sec of screen time they got, but Mirage and Hayate got full-on center stage action poses with them).  No other wing mounted missiles were ever shown in the series, and despite how good they look in the Master File, I would never expect Bandai to ever put out an add-on that's not shown in some format on-screen.

If they were going to do the sound booster, the time for that is long past, and should have come with the boosters, since it was only shown in one episode, which also showed all the 31s in their booster packs.  Unless there are some significant upgrades and alternate weapons seen in the movie version (which may be pretty likely), I don't expect to see those sound booster pods ever made at all.

Edited by Chronocidal

Aw man, the "upgraded" VF-31J looks so tempting with the new color scheme and super packs with reaction missiles. I'm also interested to see whether NY will carry this and for how much. 

And yeah, it looks like the reaction missiles are held by a clip on a rotating hard point on the super pack's shield. Not very elegant, but would at least mean that it can clip on the regular super packs. Hopefully.

2 hours ago, Shukenzero said:

I so WANT this now! While I still have money to pay now for TWE items. Hahaha! :lol: Because later on... we never know. :unsure:

30 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Only one of the three right? :drinks:

Now that you mention it. I have two 31J's plus one upcoming 31J/C. Yeah, one of them is definitely for swooshing. Hahaha! :lol:

But yeah, this one is a beaut. :wub: This one is going to be 31J and 31F leader when it gets displayed. Black and Blue Brothers. ^_^ 

item05_main_z.jpg.f1ebc7d5ffb256e0be35e403aaee76d6.jpg

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

I so WANT this now! While I still have money to pay now for TWE items. Hahaha! :lol: Because later on... we never know. :unsure:

Now that you mention it. I have two 31J's plus one upcoming 31J/C. Yeah, one of them is definitely for swooshing. Hahaha! :lol:

But yeah, this one is a beaut. :wub: This one is going to be 31J and 31F leader when it gets displayed. Black and Blue Brothers. ^_^ 

item05_main_z.jpg.f1ebc7d5ffb256e0be35e403aaee76d6.jpg

Sold!  @no3Ljm where's that main gun wallet destroying gif again? Or maybe the targeting wallet gif might be more appropriate.  :lol:

Did a quick review of the last episode, and all the remaining 31s at that point did get the reaction mounts, so assuming we get missiles with Mirage's packs, they should include them with Arad's and Chucks as well, since we clearly aren't getting them packed in with Mirage's valk.

The weird bit that I can't figure out is that it looks like the production team forgot the sound projector pods existed.  The opening battle scene is a rehash of the asteroid field projector concert from earlier in the series, with images all over the asteroids... but no one's using the projector pods... even though before launch, Arad is shown folding his standard pod up and over the plane as if he was deploying the booster one?  :blink:  Then they all fold them back down again for whatever reason, and launch..

Edited by Chronocidal

7 minutes ago, Shukenzero said:

The super parts look like they don't ship with the J but with the way they're showing it, looks like they might. Price seems to point in the opposite direction.

Checked the Tamashii website and the Supers are separate.

http://tamashii.jp/special/tamashii_nation/item05.html

Google site translation:

■ Set Contents
Main body, replacement wrist right and left 6 types, knife left and right for fighting fight, pilot figure (Hayate · Inmelman), special pedestal set, large missile × 2

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

I believe the only VF-31s shown with reaction missiles on-screen were Hayate's updated 31J, and Mirage, so I'd expect only those two to ever get the missiles.  No other wing mounted missiles were ever shown in the series, and despite how good they look in the Master File, I would never expect Bandai to ever put out an add-on that's not shown in some format on-screen.

That's not true, in Episode 26 Arad and Chuck's Valks are both shown loaded with Reaction Warheads as well.  (Whoops, didn't see your response)

31s.jpg.498bebb58fe19fcb851ad829bc173674.jpg

Edited by Mommar

8 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Google site translation:

■ Set Contents
Main body, replacement wrist right and left 6 types, knife left and right for fighting fight, pilot figure (Hayate · Inmelman), special pedestal set, large missile × 2

Thanks for clearing that up. Will try to get one from the event via my usual guy, but not sure how popular these will be. Hopefully it won't go to MB Heine Destiny levels.

Waiting for the tamashii online ordering takes another month or two, so maybe it'll release sometime around March next year if we miss the event's first lot.

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

See, they could do that, but one thing Bandai seems to be very consistent about is never including any kind of optional equipment combination not seen directly in the show.  The DYRL super-packed VF-1s only include DYRL missiles, while the TV versions only include the TV missiles.  Only the CF-171s received the giant reaction missiles and MDEs, because only they were shown with them.  Hayate's original 31J never mounted reaction missiles, so they only get released with the version that did.  Can't have people being creative and making custom loadouts now, can we? :rolleyes: 

I believe the only VF-31s shown with reaction missiles on-screen were Hayate's updated 31J, and Mirage, so I'd expect only those two to ever get the missiles (I don't remember if Chuck and Arad got them too for the all of 5 sec of screen time they got, but Mirage and Hayate got full-on center stage action poses with them).  No other wing mounted missiles were ever shown in the series, and despite how good they look in the Master File, I would never expect Bandai to ever put out an add-on that's not shown in some format on-screen.

If they were going to do the sound booster, the time for that is long past, and should have come with the boosters, since it was only shown in one episode, which also showed all the 31s in their booster packs.  Unless there are some significant upgrades and alternate weapons seen in the movie version (which may be pretty likely), I don't expect to see those sound booster pods ever made at all.

But Hayates updated VF-31J was only shown with Super Parts equipped right? So why didn't they include those? <_<

56 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Sold!  @no3Ljm where's that main gun wallet destroying gif again? Or maybe the targeting wallet gif might be more appropriate.  :lol:

Here you go Saburo! Looks like I need to create more of this soon. ^_^ 

aWnZf0a.gif

3J3uglH.gif

7 minutes ago, Shukenzero said:

Thanks for clearing that up. Will try to get one from the event via my usual guy, but not sure how popular these will be. Hopefully it won't go to MB Heine Destiny levels.

Waiting for the tamashii online ordering takes another month or two, so maybe it'll release sometime around March next year if we miss the event's first lot.

I'm sure it's popular since it will be produced before the remaining two. As for MB Heine Destiny level, hope it does since they're now cheaper than the regular MB Destiny in secondary market. ;) But I'm assuming it's vice-versa with this one because we did eventually see this Valk in action so assume the marked price of this afterwards. Whereas Heine's Destiny we didn't. ^_^ 

3 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Pretty sad a second Hayate is coming before the last two primary cast.

Agreed. I just hope that after this 31J/C, they will produce the remaining two.

2 minutes ago, Scyla said:

But Hayates updated VF-31J was only shown with Super Parts equipped right? So why didn't they include those? <_<

So that, you'll get another set of his Super Parts too. ^_^

But I'm just thankful that they didn't create a new 'shield' with a pylon that only obtainable with this release esp to those who want their other Valks to carry the Reaction Missiles too.

12 minutes ago, Scyla said:

The initial promo pics showed with the Super Parts, the website shows both regular and with super parts.

10 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Here you go Saburo! Looks like I need to create more of this soon. ^_^ 

aWnZf0a.gif

3J3uglH.gif

I'm sure it's popular since it will be produced before the remaining two. As for MB Heine Destiny level, hope it does since they're now cheaper than the regular MB Destiny in secondary market. ;) But I'm assuming it's vice-versa with this one because we did eventually see this Valk in action so assume the marked price of this afterwards. Whereas Heine's Destiny we didn't. ^_^ 

Agreed. I just hope that after this 31J/C, they will produce the remaining two.

Its good that it will be available vie Web Store, but that also mean Pay up front at NY.  There goes more money.

Thank you @no3Ljm, I need to save those. :D I am looking forward to the new ones.

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

So that, you'll get another set of his Super Parts too. ^_^

But I'm just thankful that they didn't create a new 'shield' with a pylon that only obtainable with this release esp to those who want their other Valks to carry the Reaction Missiles too.

LOL!  I wouldn't have put it past Bandai to release new shield part...

28 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

See..on the one hand I am glad that it means I'll be able to mount the reaction missiles on any 31, with or without the arm panels.  On the other, I'm kinda irritated at how cheap and clunky the implementation looks, because they didn't design the arm shields correctly in the first place.  Part of me would love to see the accurate shields instead, with the rotating mount.  The shields even have a natural location for an attachment peg, and they just completely ignored it, so now they're giving us the plastic equivalent of strapping the missiles to the wing with duct tape. :p 

I'm curious what the release announcement schedule will look like though, and whether I can wait for Mirage's packs to just order spares of those for the missiles.  At least the exclusive should be easier to obtain than the regular Hayate, but I wonder if this release will change demand for the original.

Edited by Chronocidal

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

Google site translation:

■ Set Contents

So the reaction missiles are bundled with the valk itself. No need to get the super packs unless you want the matching black and blue color scheme. Hayate's original super pack should suffice right?

56 minutes ago, brouken said:

So the reaction missiles are bundled with the valk itself. No need to get the super packs unless you want the matching black and blue color scheme. Hayate's original super pack should suffice right?

From what I what I can see in the pictures the Super Parts shown are the Hayate's original Super Parts, I can't tell if there is anything different about them off hand.

But I wouldn't put it past Bandai to release a different set. :lol::blink:

Edited by Saburo

4 hours ago, Scyla said:

They're ejected when the battle moves into atmpsphere.

Also, if we're talking about add-ons that only go with what's shown on screen, where's Messer's Fold Booster?

Edited by Zx31

1 hour ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

I just want some clear canopies. :rolleyes:

YES!

13 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

At least they're not as bad as those charging an extra $100 for tampo right?

YES! YES! YES!

This is why I sold my extra Hayate. I knew they'd release this ver :0

Will get, but UUUUGH. Those reaction missile brackets for the armor parts.

Why couldn't they just have given alternate arm shields with a different centerpiece that could hold the missiles? 

And moreover, why weren't these tiny extras included in the mega expensive Super parts that costed nearly as much as the VF-25 Armored parts :p 

1 hour ago, Duymon said:

This is why I sold my extra Hayate. I knew they'd release this ver :0

Will get, but UUUUGH. Those reaction missile brackets for the armor parts.

Why couldn't they just have given alternate arm shields with a different centerpiece that could hold the missiles? 

And moreover, why weren't these tiny extras included in the mega expensive Super parts that costed nearly as much as the VF-25 Armored parts :p 

Because Bandai wants you to buy an entirely new valkyrie if you want the reaction missiles, whether or not you like or even want that particular valkyrie.