Same here Graham. Had time to open the outer box and look at the clear cover on the styrene tray but that's it. 

Agreed with David, it's redder than I'd hoped. Or it could be the flouro lights I have at work. 

Also agreed with others, the colour isn't as big a deal as it might've been, had mirage been a character I'd cared a bit more about.

Beautiful design, regardless of any of that, though. 

Edited by mickyg

On 9/14/2017 at 9:26 PM, Saburo said:

Messer's Super Parts? Did those ship already? :blink:

Oh... wait you did some of the pixel magic on the Hayate Super parts...

I got you there, didn't I? ^_^ 

On 9/14/2017 at 10:21 PM, seti88 said:

Like you said, also think it looks 'meh' cos it mutes down the colors. 

btw,  what feeling did you get if you put hayate's SP's on mirage? :D

Well, technically, I was using Hayate's SP's. And I gotta tell you, it really doesn't look nice. :lol: 

On 9/15/2017 at 11:21 PM, recon said:

Maybe you can try chucks colors for contrast? 

Same here too. I don't think it will work. Hahaha! :lol: 

6 hours ago, Saburo said:

36887783960_8c0f7bb36f_h.jpg

36887768920_898b4c7863_h.jpg

Love all the photos, Saburo! I really like the head design of this one. I really wish this unit was painted red. ^_^

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Love all the pics @Saburo! What's the difference between like and vote up in the new options of the forum?

Not sure if there's any explanation on this. I think it's just part of the new update on the forum's template. I don't think it matters whether we get liked, upvote or downvote. Who keeps score anyways, right? ;)

5 hours ago, venth85 said:

35th Anniversary ver of VF-31, this is the kit version though

w_vf-31_35th_cut_02-2.jpg

vf-31_35th_cut_04.jpg

w_vf-31_35th_cut_02-1.jpg

I somehow like the scheme except for the usage of gold trim on the head/face and the big letterings on the back and wing area. But if ever there will be a DX version of this, I rather pass and would like to get the VF-31J/C instead. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Not sure if there's any explanation on this. I think it's just part of the new update on the forum's template. I don't think it matters whether we get liked, upvote or downvote. Who keeps score anyways, right? ;)

True! The function does seem almost pointless but I was just curious since it's there. 

Quick snap of my 31C that landed this morning. Color scheme is great (totally biased, burgundy being my favourite color....). Unfortunately all the annoying issues from the last releases are still here ( to be expected as it's the same mold as the other VF-31s). That gap behind the cockpit, the sucky brown/gold/whatever tint on the canopy. Wish they'd given a spare clear one (like they did with the Draken III and the clear green cockpit of the YF-27 renewal Vers). Bit of a shame as the pilot figures are nicely detailed. Don't intend to get all VF-31 variants. Will pick up the 31E, and the 31A if it gets a DX release, that's it. As for the 35th Anniversary version, might get to appreciate its scheme over time, but it's definitely not 'love at first sight'. Rambling aside, overall pretty happy with the 31C, looks great next to the 31J. Delta's M&M...

image.jpg

1 hour ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

Does anyone have any experience with HobbySearch? I am wondering why it is taking them so long to ship my toy after payment has been received. :mellow:

I have a moderate amount of experience with them, but mostly for models. Pre-orders have gone very smoothly for me with them*, and other than international-post border delays [welcome to Canada sometimes] I've had no issues with shipping.

I suggest you send them an email enquiry. I've had no issues communicating with them in English.

*I have had one issue where I missed a payment request for a pre-order [*&$!% spam folder], and only realised when they sent me the "red envelope" email, which I was unable to respond to for an extended period. One email later and they seemed more than willing to solve the issue and leave me willing to return to them for future business.

45 minutes ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

Three days ago.

3 days ago? So it's Friday? If it is, then it's already Saturday for them. It's a possibility that they're not open during the weekends so they're going to process your payment the next business day which is Monday. So expect them to ship it Tuesday or Wednesday.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

3 days ago? So it's Friday? If it is, then it's already Saturday for them. It's a possibility that they're not open during the weekends so they're going to process your payment the next business day which is Monday. So expect them to ship it Tuesday or Wednesday.

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for your insight.

54 minutes ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for your insight.

No problem sir! ;)

It's like what I always preach about buying stuff online esp from other countries -- Patience is always the key for the first 7 days. And panic after 14 days. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

8 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Quick snap of my 31C that landed this morning. Color scheme is great (totally biased, burgundy being my favourite color....). Unfortunately all the annoying issues from the last releases are still here ( to be expected as it's the same mold as the other VF-31s). That gap behind the cockpit, the sucky brown/gold/whatever tint on the canopy. Wish they'd given a spare clear one (like they did with the Draken III and the clear green cockpit of the YF-27 renewal Vers). Bit of a shame as the pilot figures are nicely detailed. Don't intend to get all VF-31 variants. Will pick up the 31E, and the 31A if it gets a DX release, that's it. As for the 35th Anniversary version, might get to appreciate its scheme over time, but it's definitely not 'love at first sight'. Rambling aside, overall pretty happy with the 31C, looks great next to the 31J. Delta's M&M...

image.jpg

What stand are you using for your VF-4?

A few thoughts etc:

1.  Just how "folded" are "fully-folded" shoulders in battroid/GERWALK?  They shouldn't be a full 180, fully touching edge-to-edge, right?  I'd say I've got a 30-degree angle between the shoulder-hinge-halves.  

2.  I saw a lot of reviews etc when Hayate's came out, saying this was about the best valk ever, fit great, fun, etc.  I'm really not getting that.  Like my -25 renewal better, and my -29 quite a lot better.   This one seems---bland? 

3.  The weapons pod is colored so as to be generic/identical for all.  And the peg used is clearly designed for easy replacement/swapping.  But I won't be surprised if Bandai never ever makes an optional pod, despite designing pod-swapping into the design.  (I love the semi-canon missile-battery option the VF-31A has----mainly I just want anything but the utterly useless transmitter thing we got----it's so useless it's not even in any of the actual aired episodes, it's only in the early teaser promo---THAT is a massive waste of a pod/gimmick).   If Bandai liked us at all, they'd offer at least 1 new pod, someday.  Just grey/white like every other VF-31 has, wouldn't need to color-code it at all, could sell 5 of the same one to people who own all 5 colors.   (or 6, if they get the Messer/Hayate hybrid too...)  

58 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

3.  The weapons pod is colored so as to be generic/identical for all.  And the peg used is clearly designed for easy replacement/swapping.  But I won't be surprised if Bandai never ever makes an optional pod, despite designing pod-swapping into the design.  (I love the semi-canon missile-battery option the VF-31A has----mainly I just want anything but the utterly useless transmitter thing we got----it's so useless it's not even in any of the actual aired episodes, it's only in the early teaser promo---THAT is a massive waste of a pod/gimmick).   If Bandai liked us at all, they'd offer at least 1 new pod, someday.  Just grey/white like every other VF-31 has, wouldn't need to color-code it at all, could sell 5 of the same one to people who own all 5 colors.   (or 6, if they get the Messer/Hayate hybrid too...)  

The A and E ought to have different pods, if/when they get DX renditions (and a DX version of the A would sell out very quickly I would assume).

1 hour ago, David Hingtgen said:

I like this one too. And I agree. As much as I hate those Speaker Pods featured in Ep.6, if that's the only pod they're going to make, I'm all for it. But I really wish they make those that Kawamori mentioned during those Delta interviews -- Like Beam Cannon, Missile Pod ala-YF-30, etc.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The A and E ought to have different pods, if/when they get DX renditions (and a DX version of the A would sell out very quickly I would assume).

I only ever saw the A having the same pod as the others, in the show, so I don't have a lot of hope they'd give it any of the stuff seen in the master file etc.  

23 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

I only ever saw the A having the same pod as the others, in the show, so I don't have a lot of hope they'd give it any of the stuff seen in the master file etc.  

13 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

But the A that was shown was Arad's version for Walkure support? Can't really remember it though.

Alpha Platoon:

H24zBV1.jpg

n4AspXb.jpg

Arad's VF-31A

g1eFIl6.jpg&key=4ed329e1005611810ef8523a

o4G0kyf.jpg&key=f532284c168fcb89a33a8444

nGYx58s.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, Graham said:

One of the key features of the YF-30 and VF-31 was having the interchangeable pods, so IMO it was a huge wasted opportunity not featuring this aspect of the design in the TV series more.

Chances for movie version 31's to have different pods?

err.... hold that thought, dont even want to think abt DX movie versions with just pod differences......

Edited by seti88

9 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

A few thoughts etc:

1.  Just how "folded" are "fully-folded" shoulders in battroid/GERWALK?  They shouldn't be a full 180, fully touching edge-to-edge, right?  I'd say I've got a 30-degree angle between the shoulder-hinge-halves.  

2.  I saw a lot of reviews etc when Hayate's came out, saying this was about the best valk ever, fit great, fun, etc.  I'm really not getting that.  Like my -25 renewal better, and my -29 quite a lot better.   This one seems--- bland?

The shoulders should be folded 180 degrees. Just keep working them, seems like you got more paint on your parts than I did. Fortunately, as the paint wears down, it won't be noticeable. 

As for this Valkyrie being fun, well engineered, etc. I stand behind that. Mine was beautifully finished and, aside from folding the neck forward incorrectly instead of rearward, it pretty much fell together. I just had to remember to fold out the hooks. 

As for its overall aesthetic, it's a looker. In fighter I love its large wings with their sculpted edges and its gull wing arrangement, and the way the vertical stabilizers are integrated. The nose is nicely shaped and shorter than the needle-nose of the 25 series. Everything tucks away smoothly and looks right. In Battroid the legs are ratcheted everywhere and are well shaped, the torso locks with a positive action and the overall mode just looks right. 

The pod is a missed opportunity though. It works well, but half of it is a gunpod holster and the other half is a glorified iPhone charger we never see used. I also wrote earlier that it's about the only disappointing part of the toy, since it's made with metallic green paint instead of transparent green plastic. 

I also don't like that it didn't come with any ordnance for the hardpoints, but fortunately Xigfrid stepped in to fill the gap. 

8 hours ago, Alex GS said:

Mirage available at amiami if someone interested :D

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-029195&page=

Max quantity is up to 3. 

10 days after release & still available although price may be a little higher. Yes preorders all sold out, but they are available after release. I worried for nothing

54 minutes ago, packrat said:

10 days after release & still available although price may be a little higher. Yes preorders all sold out, but they are available after release. I worried for nothing

Well the only thing I can say is get it while you can, in the long run this collectors figures will be going only one way in price and that is up in my opinion. There aren't to many company's that are able to create such beautiful design, attention to detail and not only that it transforms to three beautiful designs, this is why Macross figures are special for me and also this is why are so damn expensive I think :lol:.

Already got mine and I'm so happy for it, if had the cash I would definitely get another one or two for transaction purposes :ph34r: