1 hour ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

tenor.gif

Just paid 2,290 yen for shipping. Figure plus shipping means I just put down ~$250 for ONE figure. I've NEVER spent this much money on ONE figure before. Sure, I've made purchases greater than $250, but it was for multiple items. 

Here, I took a selfie to show my complete confidence that I made the right decision about how I'm using my money.

baby-443393_960_720.jpg.d639ae0b5bc242ef67c15d7bc0e6b214.jpg

7 hours ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Just paid 2,290 yen for shipping. Figure plus shipping means I just put down ~$250 for ONE figure. I've NEVER spent this much money on ONE figure before. Sure, I've made purchases greater than $250, but it was for multiple items. 

Here, I took a selfie to show my complete confidence that I made the right decision about how I'm using my money.

baby-443393_960_720.jpg.d639ae0b5bc242ef67c15d7bc0e6b214.jpg

Welcome to the money pit. You gonna love it.

16 hours ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

ezgif-4131300489.gif

^ When in fact, this is you in real life after you spent that much for one figure. :rofl:

49 minutes ago, ridgebacks said:

+1

Spent a bit way too much on Battlefairy Yukikaze stuff in the past 4 month...

I've been doing the same thing, although not way too much. I snagged Alter's Mave on Mandarake in May, and got their Super Sylph on Nippon-Yasan a few weeks ago right before it shot up from 11,000 yen to 18,500. Still waiting for a good deal on the Flip Knight. I wish they would do the other planes from the show. As aerodynamically implausible as it is, the Fand II might be my favorite plane in the fiction I've read/watched. If I can convince myself to learn how to paint, I might have to spend way too much on the Platz kit.

23 hours ago, barurutor said:

just wait until you get hooked on out of production stuff...

Can definitely confirm on that one. I kept seeing references to the DX's various places but never really looked into them. Finally bit the bullet and picked up the 31J (pre-release but not the initial pre order) and after getting it and being blown away by the quality I set a goal of completing at least Skull and Delta squadrons; doing pretty well on Delta since I was able to get N-Y pre-orders in the initial release for both released since. 

Skull on the otherhand... I'm mostly done (just need the 25G and it's super and tornado packs, got everything else including the weapon packs and fold booster pack) but the price has been substantial (to the tune of ~$2500) even after saving a fair bit by picking the 25S and it's packs up on the trade forums.

Also while I'm bothering to post; thanks for not making the thread invisible to non members as was discussed around the 31F pre order and for the information I was able to get, not everyone lurking is a scalper.

Hi guys,

I'm really tempted to get my hand on at least 1 Vf-31c after failing spectacularly during the PO madness... Loopaza has PO available at $199.99 (approx Y22,200), which is the best price I can find so far.

Has anyone had experience with them before? Should I even consider getting a PO from them?

32 minutes ago, zzj said:

Hi guys,

I'm really tempted to get my hand on at least 1 Vf-31c after failing spectacularly during the PO madness... Loopaza has PO available at $199.99 (approx Y22,200), which is the best price I can find so far.

Has anyone had experience with them before? Should I even consider getting a PO from them?

I almost po'd from loopaza because the price wasn't too bad but the shipping is quite expensive:  55 USD :o

4 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I almost po'd from loopaza because the price wasn't too bad but the shipping is quite expensive:  55 USD :o

I'm aware that their shipping charges are rather ridiculous, however, even with shipping factored in they are STILL the lowest I can find (no thanks to all the extra fees for CDJ's proxy service).

I don't have any experience with them. Maybe someone else will chime in. 

If you miss out on the preorder you should still be able to grab one from NY or yahoo auctions after release.

From Japan and Zen Market don't charge crazy fees like some other proxy's. 

Loopaza charged me 60 to ship sv262  and they didn't even send it express but rather airmail. Then they had the f91 for sale at a decent price but charged 100 for shipping needless to say I didn't bite. I'm in the USA. my point is no need to jump on loopaza high shipping price it'll be available at release.  

Edited by brannon

51 minutes ago, brannon said:

Loopaza charged me 60 to ship sv262  and they didn't even send it express but rather airmail. Then they had the f91 for sale at a decent price but charged 100 for shipping needless to say I didn't bite. I'm in the USA. my point is no need to jump on loopaza high shipping price it'll be available at release.  

Thanks for the advice. I will wait till release.

The turtle that my super parts were strapped to finally arrived. It was a bit of a hassle getting everything locked together because the leg armor connections on mine were pretty flimsy and kept popping off. But it looks great once everything is together. Overall very similar in feel to the VF-25 super parts.

IMG_20170617_034319.thumb.jpg.0799ef0de85ff648bbc2e69cea0b4bb6.jpg

IMG_20170617_034445.thumb.jpg.1a3f04a5d4bd420c5207b0657d6309ea.jpg

IMG_20170617_034518.thumb.jpg.5dbb0857fca32ee102d5067ad4e0764c.jpg

IMG_20170617_034600.thumb.jpg.449f3557ca54cd38cd29d45eb3987d7b.jpg

IMG_20170617_034900.thumb.jpg.e661a8fc1767a19ba5b7349db7337835.jpg

31 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Hehe thanks. I personally thought it was a bit sloppy, but I'm much happier with the overall look when combined with the super parts. :)

You're welcome. ;) Forgot to ask earlier, did you apply topcoat on the Valk afterwards?

Got my set yesterday and i really like the beefier 31J w/ Super Parts on. Like Lolicon one of the shin parts likes to pop off but no biggie. I think for display i'll be leaving the boosters off, can barely see them on my shelf and will help with not putting extra weight on the hips over time. Most of all i like the fact that it can stand just fine with the pack on, not like that Frontier stuff <_<

F766E93A-D8A0-42BA-8188-AE57DF781908.jpg

5A13BB2C-3C45-4922-9BE5-B476EEC9583B.jpg

9C2FACB1-9D09-4BD0-9FF8-2FC50DCA4520.jpg

F9FABF66-D63A-40CD-8404-814EE320F929.jpg

Edited by anubis20

57 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Got my set yesterday and i really like the beefier 31J w/ Super Parts on. Like Lolicon one of the shin parts likes to pop off but no biggie. I think for display i'll be leaving the boosters off, can barely see them on my shelf and will help with not putting extra weight on the hips over time. Most of all i like the fact that it can stand just fine with the pack on, not like that Frontier stuff <_<

9C2FACB1-9D09-4BD0-9FF8-2FC50DCA4520.jpg

Looks great. I'm always impressed seeing the 31 in battroid mode with all that weight on the back. Hip joints must be sturdy as heck!

I still haven't received my super parts but hopefully they will arrive soon.