Took a while to rationalize the situation. I am now convinced that my inability to score any vf-31c is a blessing in disguise... now I will feel less pressure to get chuck & arad, saving me more $$$ in the long run.

54 minutes ago, Lorindor said:

*reading up on nine new pages this morning*

Man, I'm happy I decided to skip on the rest of this line so I don't have to experience this kind of chaos for a while. :D

Yeah it was a real kick in the pants. Was so happy when I got to the confirmation page on NY only to have my hopes dashed...you bastids ;)

2 hours ago, Moosey said:

I prayed to Allah, Budda, Jeebus, RNGesus, Tom Cruise and Oprah. 

One of them came through for me.

So relieved

Post of the PO. 

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Came here and got hooked on conan instead.  

Runner up. 

I'm grateful I nabbed one from HLJ. My insomnia was not in vain. 

To those still in the wilderness: good hunting. 

I can't imagine doing the PO dance like this five times. It's a good thing that 1) I didn't like Delta that much, and 2) DX Chogokins are expensive. Imagine how harder POs would be if Delta were a really really big hit.

Reviews of the actual mechanism of the toy are generally so positive I'm not sure a Renewal will be warranted. According to Jenius this sets the bar of Chogokin DX Valkyrie design and execution, paint and canopy niggles aside. 

This process of failing to place preorders is getting old. I have been at this for years, and only snagged a Draken preorder during the last round of antics. I get the impression that only folks in the right timezones stand a snowball's chance in hell of actually placing an order. It really shouldn't be this difficult to spend a couple hundred bucks. Supply and demand I guess.

4 minutes ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

This process of failing to place preorders is getting old. I have been at this for years, and only snagged a Draken preorder during the last round of antics. I get the impression that only folks in the right timezones stand a snowball's chance in hell of actually placing an order. It really shouldn't be this difficult to spend a couple hundred bucks. Supply and demand I guess.

I think the problem with an international market is just that - these are built for the Japanese market, we foreigners are really snagging product not intended for us. If Bandai could set up decent overseas distribution, or a dedicated international store, I'd be all over it. It doesn't help that premium stuff like Chogokins is just catnip to scalpers. I paid about £90 over retail for my VF31J, but it was one that I really wanted.

The Draken III hasn't reviewed so well, which makes me glad I couldn't pre-order it. I may jump on anyway now that it's available retail (the Gerwalk mode is what sells it to me) but it's nice to make a considered purchase, a rare treat really.

5 minutes ago, Graham said:

Not worried in the least. As with all the other Delta DX toys, out will be easy to snag one closer to release date.

Figinstock is your friend!

I have registered for this FigInStock service you speak of. Looks like a good service and the humour on the site pleases me :)

Still, it has to be hurting Bandai's bottom line somewhat. There is creating demand and then there is not meeting it. I never even got a VF-25 at retail until the cannon fodder version. So I NEVER bought a VF25 other than the cannon fodder. My Bandai VF collection would be huge as a casual fan of the mech designs if it was only easy to get them. I grab them when I can, but I won't make it too much of an effort. Only Arcadia's YF-19 did I cave over retail, and only because I got a great deal on the boards here. So I typically cherry pick my favorite design, like the Messer and track that on Figinstock, the rest....meh, if it shows at release and if I have the money.

Edited by Blue Meanie

Lol, there is no way Bandai is hurting for meeting the demand of the Target market, the Japanese. They can't release it globally (thank you HG) and hence, will never be sold globally.

Again, Bandai don't care about us as far as Macross is concerned.

I am not really fan of milia great great daughter... of of its red/pinkish paint scheme. So I am glad I didn't have to watch over the pre-order window.

BTW I couldn't pre-order Hayate's 31J, but still could grab one at retail price after release day at NY. Same for the Draken III that I found on AE, so don't be too anxious.

Scalpers can keep their copies, I will never buy from them again!

23 minutes ago, Graham said:

Not worried in the least. As with all the other Delta DX toys, out will be easy to snag one closer to release date.

Figinstock is your friend!

I sleep like a baby last night....no worries about this valk. Like you say...Hayates and Messers valk  pop up PO lot of time after first PO madness. 

Figinstock always delivers.

I take it this pre-order was quite a bit worse than the normal Valkyrie PO shenanigans?

I'll say this.  At least it wasn't like my first Volks Dollfie Dream event.  That was VolksUSA in mid 2015.  The server for their webstore was not up to the challenge at all.  I spent two hours trying to refresh the page on that one, sometimes even managing to get something into my cart before everything crashed again.  At least with this there were other options.

I had been sitting on AmiAmi and refreshing the page every second for about the last 15 seconds before order start time.  As soon as the pre-order button came up, I clicked it.  And I got a message that the item was out of stock.  So, it was only available for a split second.

Thankfully the link to the HLJ listing was posted.  If not for that, I wouldn't have been able to order one.

The catch is that even though I had a HLJ account set up, the only thing I've ever ordered there was a Sylvie VF-2SS, and I cancelled the pre-order.  Hopefully they won't kill my VF-31C pre-order or put me at such a low priority I won't get the item because of that.

29 minutes ago, Acteon said:

I think the problem with an international market is just that - these are built for the Japanese market, we foreigners are really snagging product not intended for us. If Bandai could set up decent overseas distribution, or a dedicated international store, I'd be all over it.

As been discussed previously here, even if Bandai could freely sell the DX Chogokins internationally, it doesn't automatically mean that they could or would try to meet the demand. Just look at the Metal Build Gundam line. And also remember that it can be hard to get ahold of Macross collectibles even in Japan. Bandai just seem to like a business strategy based on artificial scarcity for some of their high end collectibles. 

I just wish NYC would kill their spinning deathwheel check out.

thing was nerve wracking and you had to be mega fast on the shipping page so as not to get cart jacked

smartphones didn't stand a chance

Edited by Duymon

46 minutes ago, Duymon said:

I just wish NYC would kill their spinning deathwheel check out.

thing was nerve wracking and you had to be mega fast on the shipping page so as not to get cart jacked

smartphones didn't stand a chance

I was on Macbook and still got jacked.

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

Does CDJ come through every time and how well do they pack their stuff? 1st time nabbing a PO from them since I failed at Amiami

The first thing I ever bought from them came busted to hell, looked like someone played soccer with it.  But ever since, everything has come in excellent shape, and nicely wrapped too. 

This preorder session was a lot tougher than Messers, which suprises me.  I was unable to snag one, but I'm pretty sure there will be other opportunities.

7 minutes ago, HG Blows said:

The first thing I ever bought from them came busted to hell, looked like someone played soccer with it.  But ever since, everything has come in excellent shape, and nicely wrapped too. 

This preorder session was a lot tougher than Messers, which suprises me.  I was unable to snag one, but I'm pretty sure there will be other opportunities.

Thanks! ^_^

18 minutes ago, HG Blows said:

I hope so. Was looking forward to this release.

2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Does CDJ come through every time and how well do they pack their stuff? 1st time nabbing a PO from them since I failed at Amiami

They are good for it.  Items are place in bubble wrap bag , then have brown packaging paper on all sides.  They also have a box thats just right for dx chogokin too. 

sv262.jpg.6a43096141bc7e2902cfe948b39895af.jpg