On 1/27/2017 at 0:35 PM, Crimson9 said:

I haven't picked up a Valkyrie for about 4 years, but I'm really thinking about picking this latest release up. I just started watching the show and the first episode was pretty painful. 

Painful, indeed.  I actually face palmed when I saw the scene with the girls dancing and singing on Valkyries.  I couldn't pass the first episode.  But, I suggest you forget the show and just love the Valkyries for their designs. 

13 hours ago, F360 said:

Thanks for the heads up F360! :drinks:

12 hours ago, brouken said:

Noel! You still missing a VF-31F? Now's your chance! :-)

Was out the whole weekend so I missed on checking emails. But don't worry sir, I already PO'ed over Rakuten when the first PO run out weeks after. ;) And seeing that AmiAmi already put it on MSRP, I'm glad that I already placed one before. I just hope there will be no problem getting PO from Rakuten. I just want to test them out and see if they're going to deliver. If so, then I have a backup for the next PO's. ^_^ 

2 hours ago, Muzaffar said:

Painful, indeed.  I actually face palmed when I saw the scene with the girls dancing and singing on Valkyries.  I couldn't pass the first episode.  But, I suggest you forget the show and just love the Valkyries for their designs. 

'Macross is all about transforming Valkyries.' Period. :db:

12 minutes ago, Sandman said:

The singing group technically transforms....into their costumes. :p 

Ok i'll stop.

Hahaha! :lol:  Technically, they're Singing Sailor Moons. :p

Ok, I'll stop too. ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

24 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

So now that most people have the J, and people are securing their pre-orders for the F, when do Mirage's pre-orders open? :p

That's the last 'regular' VF-31 variant that I really want.

-b.

Are you sure, B? ^_^ 

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

'Macross is all about transforming Valkyries.' Period. :db:

I love em only for their fighter designs.  I don't care for their battroid/robot mode.   It would be nice if they made fully detailed, painted and pre-assembled non transforming 1/60 valks.  Line art accurate of course.  

Edited by Muzaffar

15 hours ago, Muzaffar said:

The 1st episode was rather cringe worthy, but the series was heading in a good direction (if you buy into the walkure/ var concept) all the way to episode 13, where it crashed and burned. Actually, no, it didn't crash or anything, it just didn't go anywhere at all...

1 hour ago, Muzaffar said:

I love em only for their fighter designs.  I don't care for their battroid/robot mode.   It would be nice if they made fully detailed, painted and pre-assembled non transforming 1/60 valks.  Line art accurate of course.  

Wait... What?! Are you even on the right forum? :blink: You know that Macross is all about fighters that turn into robots, right? Heck, they also transform in a form that looks like a chicken called Gerwalk. Mmmm... YF-19 Gerwalk. :rolleyes: But if you're just into fighter planes, maybe you wanna try Yukikaze. I heard the design of the planes featured in that series is gorgeous. Oh, not to mention they also have 1/100 (sorry it's not 1/60) fully detailed, painted, pre-assembled and line art accurate model as well. Maybe you want to check them out. ^_^  

Peace. :lol:

Edited by no3Ljm

I think it's great that Macross has something for everyone. The valks have three modes to love and people can pick and choose what modes they like. The fighter modes for the majority of valks are beautiful and can stand alone as actual aircraft. Fighter is my favorite mode and the majority of my collection is in fighter mode, followed by battroid, and no GERWALK, but that's because that mode takes up the most display space by far. You could say that those of us that love all three modes, love valks three times as much as those that love only one ;)

18 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Are you sure, B? ^_^ 

"Pretty" sure. lol :ph34r:

10 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I think it's great that Macross has something for everyone. The valks have three modes to love and people can pick and choose what modes they like. The fighter modes for the majority of valks are beautiful and can stand alone as actual aircraft. Fighter is my favorite mode and the majority of my collection is in fighter mode, followed by battroid, and no GERWALK, but that's because that mode takes up the most display space by far. You could say that those of us that love all three modes, love valks three times as much as those that love only one ;)

Quoted for truth. 

-b.

I love ALL MODES! :wub:

I also wish that the Yukikaze planes transform as well. Even if it's just a Gerwalk mode. Wouldn't be nice if they ask Kawamori to design a Battroid and Gerwalk mode out of those existing Yukikaze planes. Would love to see it. ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

11 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Do folks anticipate a re-release?  Trying to decide if I should bite the bullet and get one for $250-300 or wait.

A re-release of what? VF-31J? If it is, then $250 or lower is a good price for it.

But just so you know, your concern is also everyone's dilemma. We already been there. Best example is Arcadia's reissuing of the Holy Grail -- the VF-4G. The only thing you can do if you paid too much or if you let it go is just to shake yer head afterwards. You can anticipate or wait all you want, but in the end nobody knows. Nothing is certain. Just ask yourself then if you're ready and willing to pay the aftermarket price. And just so you know, I alreay did it on some of my collections. Better to have it than never. ^_^ 

Another bad memory is the 25 renewals... when nobody expected it. 

But being honest, the 31s are great toys and even if I can see some improvements to be made, rear wheels too small-better canopy painting, I don't think a renewal is justified. 

Re issue probably but not before 2 years

Edited by Xigfrid

1 hour ago, recon said:

Not me. Have not secured a single F

I ordered mine thru Rakuten when the PO runs out from our fave online shops. That link has been posted weeks after the PO ends. So I grabe it from them. It looks like they're sold out as well. This is the first time I ordered from them and some people here already said good words about them and so far they're so prompt too on answering my email inquiries. So I'm hoping that they will secure some stock for me. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

Three transformable modes, in four colors, just means you need to buy 12 toys instead of one. :blink:

Don't forget a new house to display all 3 modes of all variants along with the rest of your 3 modes of other Valkyries. Not to mention your other collectibles such as cute anime girls in bikinis and whatnot that you can't display since there's no more room for it. :lol: 

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Don't forget a new house to display all 3 modes of all variants along with the rest of your 3 modes of other Valkyries. Not to mention your other collectibles such as cute anime girls in bikinis and whatnot that you can't display since there's no more room for it. :lol: 

My wife may think otherwise, but this is the real reason we bought a house. ;)

6 hours ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

Three transformable modes, in four colors, just means you need to buy 12 toys instead of one. :blink:

Maths time for delta valk DX's!

FSW: 3 modes * 6 variants (ep 26 mode) = 18 * 2 for supers = 36
A: 3 modes * 2 variants (skull leader) = 6 * 2 for supers (In case skull leader wants em) =12

the extreme total would be 48 toys.

*not including da SV262's and their white knights, possibilities for new old VF-1, a regular + katty 171, a busted 22, an ancient 104 starfighter or a jenius vampire..

Edited by seti88

1 hour ago, Muzaffar said:

Still trying to get a VF-31J at a launch price and not the NY 25000 yen price tag.  I already got 2 VF-31F secured though. 

you might be too late on that already,  The most recently one at Amiami was used/open and it was at MSRP and it did not last long.

other websites are selling it even higher , at 28000 , 29000. 

Besides, did you pre-order the  VF-31J fastpack yet, if not I recommend pre ordering it.  Because finding that later might be even harder if you happen to get a VF-31J for your price.

Cuh, I missed it again as well. I've popped a watch on it at AmiAmi to see how that works.

I picked up the Hayate version from Ebay for about $270, and the only other one I really don't want to miss is the Mirage version as I think it's the best compliment to Hayate's valkyrie. Given the release rate of these I guess we could be waiting until the end of the year if she's last in the queue. Have a feeling I'll have to sleep with my phone by the bed to catch that one!