Wouldn't it be cool if they DX Chogokin releases include small figures of the idols that can be placed on the Valkyries through hidden magnets?

As a method i thk IT would b cool to do away w any tab points. Not too sure abt the idea of having the singers on the valk tho, have to see more of it in the series. Podcast did mention something abt the walkure being on the pod surfaces like a stage? If that involved magnets imagine the stuff that can b put on there..

Magnetic attachment points would be excellent. Now, do I trust Bandai's QC enough to think they'll get the polarity right every time? Hmm...

Wouldn't it be fun if the magnet was installed in the wrong direction and it would flick the idol 10 feet away. :D

You could trade your faulty Valkyrie with someone who hates the idea of idols playing a major role in Macross. :p

Edited by Scyla

Kinda feel meh about the battery pack.

Understand where Kamamori is going, since he's always up to date with the latest weaponry techs and railgun is gaining interest in recent years, esp when a US navy ship is equipped with one.

But in terms of toy, it doesnt really add to the aesthetic/functionality..basically just a block of plastic = battery pack..i.e

Q : what is this block of plastic? what does it do?
A : its a battery pack

Edited by aaajin

Kinda feel meh about the battery pack.

Understand the where Kamamori is going, since he's always up to date with the latest weaponry techs and railgun is gaining interest in recent years, esp when a US navy ship is equipped with one.

But in terms of toy, it doesnt really add to the aesthetic/functionality..basically just a block of plastic = battery pack..i.e

Q : what is this block of plastic? what does it do?

A : its a battery pack

They should make it a real battery with USB port to charge your phone. Added value to the Valk and functionality for the block. :lol:

Correct me if am wrong, but did the podcast mention something abt a stage.

Does it mean that unfolded, it provides a standing platform where the singers can perform during battle?

You are thinking of a differently equipped valk. Will not go into details here because of spoilers. Edited by Tochiro

A few more screen caps:

The RVF-31 has no stage as a container but rather a radar dish where the idols dance upon:

post-18307-0-07620200-1451567855_thumb.png

Since you can see planet between the legs/engines I assume it can transform into a rectangle. ^_^

An image of the boomerang launchers in the rear fuselage of the Shinigami VF-31:

post-18307-0-82594900-1451567982_thumb.png

Looks like the DX toy will have lot of play value especially since the VF-31 has a high-speed mode where the forward swept wings fold down:

post-18307-0-26388200-1451568048_thumb.png

I'm really looking forward to all the VF-31 toys. With the different containers and the different head design and lots of movable parts it will look awesome.

I'm super interested in how the mid-season upgrades will look like.

New Super parts. They rest on top of the wings, and might connect to the bottom hardpoints as well. The double-thruster appearance reminds me of the VF-11's.

one of each I think will do me fine! :p:D

You meant one of each with different container pods. Right, Spanner? ;) What's gonna happen if each individual 31 has different 'super/armor' parts in the future? :D

As for me, still pass if there's no red, black, white/tan color. :p

2 things missing from the toy 31 promo pics were the hidden leg compartments that stored the boomerangs, and high speed mode.

I understand abt spoilers on the boomerang, tho the high speed gimmick wouldnt reveal much sub-plots.

Also I can't see hatches for Landing Gear...