2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Whoever set up the display stuck the shields on the wrong hard point in fighter mode. 

I completely forgot the shields clip into the hard points! Makes sense now. And it's not a terrible look, aesthetically speaking. Totally pointless though. 

11 hours ago, spanner said:

looks fantastic! congrats! B))

and careful with that chippy paint! :lol: :rolleyes:

Personally, I don't think the paint is as fragile as people make it out to be. I've transformed it back and forth 3x with no chipping due to transformation and/or regular handling. 

Wow!!! Those super parts look really good on, better than I had expected (hadn't gotten myself to watch the series yet as the first episode with all the little whiny high pitched girly stuff really turned me off)  So glad I had ordered them.  When do they come out?  I just wished the plate over the chest piece in front of the head was longer and more forward to cover the gap in the fuselage.  I've always liked the aircraft mode, but the super parts really enhances the Battroid mode even more!

3 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Personally, I don't think the paint is as fragile as people make it out to be. I've transformed it back and forth 3x with no chipping due to transformation and/or regular handling. 

There are variances during production, I think.

For example, of my two Ozma 25S's, the skull paintjob on one flakes off at the slightest touch along some of the corners, but the other one is just fine and doesn't do that. For whatever reason during production, the paint doesn't seem to adhere the same on all toys. So I personally wouldn't discount people's experiences.

2 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Wow!!! Those super parts look really good on, better than I had expected (hadn't gotten myself to watch the series yet as the first episode with all the little whiny high pitched girly stuff really turned me off)  So glad I had ordered them.  When do they come out?  I just wished the plate over the chest piece in front of the head was longer and more forward to cover the gap in the fuselage.  I've always liked the aircraft mode, but the super parts really enhances the Battroid mode even more!

Based on NY's Super Parts page it's 5/31. :)

1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

There are variances during production, I think.

For example, of my two Ozma 25S's, the skull paintjob on one flakes off at the slightest touch along some of the corners, but the other one is just fine and doesn't do that. For whatever reason during production, the paint doesn't seem to adhere the same on all toys. So I personally wouldn't discount people's experiences.

Yeah, I'm not discounting their experiences. Just sharing my own, hence why I started with "Personally".

I have 2 copies of the VF-31J and they're both good with no paint chipping from handling or transformation. I just make sure to be conscious of the areas marked in the manual as "Warning - may rub off".

I still can't decide if I should get the super parts or not. Personally I think they look like absolute crap in every mode. but they're also the possibility that they'll end up extremely rare and valuable in the future.

16 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

I still can't decide if I should get the super parts or not. Personally I think they look like absolute crap in every mode. but they're also the possibility that they'll end up extremely rare and valuable in the future.

If you cant decide now , you can decide later .  Just get it first so your options will be open.

7 minutes ago, F360 said:

If you cant decide now , you can decide later .  Just get it first so your options will be open.

Same here. Not really dig the super pack for the 31, but on one hand, if I finally want to get it down the road, the price would be skyrocketed, on the other, it's a super pack.

Guess I will get it then.

52 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

I didn't like the YF-29's super parts when they first came out, so I didn't buy them. They grew on me later and I regretted not getting it when I had the chance. I had to pay more to get them later on. Now, if I'm not sure, then I get it. You can always sell it later, if it's not wanted.

52 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

I'd say go for it, at least if you'll have the Super parts in hand than later on down the line that you want them and the prices may or may not have gone up on them. :) 

25 minutes ago, ridgebacks said:

Same here. Not really dig the super pack for the 31, but on one hand, if I finally want to get it down the road, the price would be skyrocketed, on the other, it's a super pack.

Guess I will get it then.

As I have learned with Macross collecting, get it now or end up paying more later.

7 hours ago, wm cheng said:

You should at least watch the last 5 minutes of episode 10. ;)

On 1/14/2017 at 7:04 PM, Lolicon said:

Okay, now I'm aware of it. It's still a shitty policy and they're still a 5th rate retailer for me. How does this change that?

The defense of NY seems to be "You should have known about their shitty policy. By knowing about it, it's no longer a shitty policy."

It's not like I'm canceling my existing orders with them, and I never did the "order something as a backup then stiff them when I find it cheaper elsewhere." Frankly, I hardly ever order from them because of their inflated shipping costs, so excuse me if I'm not 100% aware of every single policy of every single web retailer in existence. :p

From quite a few 'not-so-nice' experiences, combining orders at NY don't really results in significant saving in shipping (and NY shipping charge is ex). And there's always a possibility of getting a 'request for additional shipping charge' which is happening more regularly as well.......

23 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

You should at least watch the last 5 minutes of episode 10. ;)

I just did, thanks!  That might be just what I needed to get me started on the series again - although if the other episodes don't match up to this level, I'm blaming you :p

On 07/01/2017 at 11:43 AM, Lolicon said:

Looking good!

Unfortunately, Bandai glued pretty much everything together. Even parts held together by screws are also glued, just to make extra sure you can't get at anything. Bandai probably wants you to buy their model kits if you want to customize anything. :D

There's a few things you can remove, like the backplate and arms, though that involves breaking some glue.

I was able to take off the backplate, which made adding the missing shoulder sensors 10x easier.

31312232634_b8cfc928f1_o.jpg

Has anyone disassembled the leg? How hard is to take that apart? Would like to Know how bandai integrated the kneecap slider mechanism into the leg.

44 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

I just did, thanks!  That might be just what I needed to get me started on the series again - although if the other episodes don't match up to this level, I'm blaming you :p

Not to combat the effort, but that moment is something of a highlight for the show. Really though, most of the first half of the series is pretty good. The second half... your mileage may vary.

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

Hey now, doesn't Kawamori deserve some of the blame? lol

Episode 6 I think has a half decent space battle and one of the only two times they used the super parts. 

Saw the FigInStock alert email and clicked on the link like I'd done before, but this time I was able to get an order in... and confirmation email received.  I knew that if I waited long enough my patience would be rewarded.  N-Y can sit on their 25k yen stock until they burn a whole in their warehouse for all I care.

Edit:  Of course, now I have a compelling reason to preorder the Super Parts Set... and the money drain goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...

Edit 2: And it's still available, albeit low stock now.

Edited by mechaninac