8 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Judging by the one shot, it looks like the pods on the outer sides of the booster packs are packed full of them.  Looks like four each, stored in bays.  The five smaller front doors may be more packs of micro missiles.

I'm just now getting to look at the pics on something larger than a phone and I didn't even realize that shot with all of the missiles appears to be a Reaction Missile Itano.  The thing I'm wondering is if the fin things aren't for Reaction Missiles why have them?  They prevent the wings from folding all the way out.  It's an odd thing to have without some sort of context.  Or you could just stick four more on the wing things and... now you've got four more.  Go kill a lot of somethings.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Why rob a bank? You've run out of organs? :lol:

He's still using them, man.

17 hours ago, IXTL said:

MMD-12jpg.jpg

So looking closer at this photo there are actually three 31A's with armor.  The two spotted on the right and one other on the left behind Chuck.  Presumably Messer is dead and Hayate and Mirage are missing/captured/considered dead/whatever so they had to pad the squadron out with three other pilots/31's.  But now I need six Kairos total...

Edited by Mommar

4 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I'm just now getting to look at the pics on something larger than a phone and I didn't even realize that shot with all of the missiles appears to be a Reaction Missile Itano.  The thing I'm wondering is if the fin things aren't for Reaction Missiles why have them?  They prevent the wings from folding all the way out.  It's an odd thing to have without some sort of context.  Or you could just stick four more on the wing things and... now you've got four more.  Go kill a lot of somethings.

He's still using them, man.

You can live with one lung and one kidney. You don't need your spleen or gallbladder. And you can remove a substantial part of your liver and it'll grow back. ;)

Hoping the new armor packs will actually let you stow the pod underneath like in the screenshots so Arad's insignia is still fully visible in battroid.

I wonder if Bandai held back on the release of the VF-31S/E because they saw the designs by Kawamori and realized that they need to retrofit the Siegfried mold so it is able to equip the Armor Parts. 

Maybe we see some running changes on the VF-31A release since it will be able to have the Armor Parts equipped. 

10 hours ago, Mommar said:

The thing I'm wondering is if the fin things aren't for Reaction Missiles why have them?  They prevent the wings from folding all the way out.  It's an odd thing to have without some sort of context.

It makes a lot of sense to me given how Stampede-y the packs are, eg. SDP-1 doesn't have a G mode because it's intended largely for space combat. Also it seems as though most packs since Frontier follow a more R-type-ish look rather than jet-with-extras.

27 minutes ago, Scyla said:

I wonder if Bandai held back on the release of the VF-31S/E because they saw the designs by Kawamori and realized that they need to retrofit the Siegfried mold so it is able to equip the Armor Parts. 

Maybe we see some running changes on the VF-31A release since it will be able to have the Armor Parts equipped. 

I think I'd prefer if this were more a case of the tail wagging the dog: Bandai had all the molds figured out ahead of time and timed releases for the movie to generate hype.

21 minutes ago, Scyla said:

If it is the case modifications were required I find it more likely the 31A won’t be able to handle the armor parts.  I hope Wafer is correct about timing.  As a matter of fact I’ve always felt the design of the 31 felt like it really wanted the knee to be bent two clicks for the super parts but it doesn’t fit that way.  It’s more of a click and change to make it work.  I guess we’ll see if there are changes on the A or beyond.

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Maybe they'll go so far as to provide entirely new wing tips with attachment points for the drones. Are the wing tips easy to remove?

Wing tips?  What are you referring to?  The Drones will attach to the thin bit of the wing after you've folded the outer portion of the wing down.  None of that is removable, there's nothing to swap out there.

On 17 Februari 2018 at 11:11 PM, Scyla said:

Whoever it is at least they been putting effort into making sure all 31's got a good shot of being sold. 

Initially I was only looking at messer and an A as choices for the 31 DX. Rest were nice to haves..

However now m seriously considering arad and the chuck due to the armoured packs. 

10 hours ago, Mommar said:

Wing tips?  What are you referring to?  The Drones will attach to the thin bit of the wing after you've folded the outer portion of the wing down.  None of that is removable, there's nothing to swap out there.

Ah, I see. I don't have a DX 31, so I don't know how it's held together. I figured the drone would attach to the joint itself, but in the movie it's shown magically attached to the wing tip (or maybe more specifically, it's magically attached to the FSW near the rotating joint), thus my speculation.

51 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Come to the darkside,  we have... bankruptcey.

That reminds me that I need a few more Frontier Valkries, like Altos VF-171 and the RVF-171. It never ends. :)

[edit:] Oh, and Isamus YF-29 which I greatly dislike because of the glossy beige plastic. <_<

Edited by Scyla

8 minutes ago, Scyla said:

That reminds me that I need a few more Frontier Valkries, like Altos VF-171 and the RVF-171. It never ends. :)

[edit:] Oh, and Isamus YF-29 which I greatly dislike because of the glossy beige plastic. <_<

Finally got myself an RVF-171 a bit ago, and put it out yesterday.

GohuHGe.jpg

On 2/19/2018 at 6:58 PM, Scyla said:

I think you can fix that glossy issue with a can of matte top coat, like the one mostly used for gunpla should be good enough.