Jump to content

Recommended Posts

NY literally cuts boxes to the shape of your order so it takes them forever to ship in a quest to save every last yen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jenius said:

NY literally cuts boxes to the shape of your order so it takes them forever to ship in a quest to save every last yen.

At least the item won't shake from the inside :lol: I submited a ticket asking for a minty box. Hope I get it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jasonmacross83 said:

damn, I guess I'll stick with amiami and hobby search. Even My Kombini has better customer service

Yup i got Preparation in progress on 12/26 and they didnt ship out until the 10th of this month. Its coming SAL as well so i wont see this item until the end of the month if im lucky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VERY nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2018 at 8:43 AM, jenius said:

NY literally cuts boxes to the shape of your order so it takes them forever to ship in a quest to save every last yen.

wow cut boxes ?, now I'm really concern if I will really want to pay them for my Arcadia  Milia PF preorder this February, you know that thing is expensive. :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

wow cut boxes ?, now I'm really concern if I will really want to pay them for my Arcadia  Milia PF preorder this February, you know that thing is expensive. :unsure:

It didn't meant that they're cutting boxes of the actual product box. What they do is they customized the shipping box to fit on the product box. If the next shipping box available is twice the size of the product box, say Arcadia boxes, they cut it and reform the shipping box to fit near the Arcadia box and stock it with paper or any bubble wrap in it for added protection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

It didn't meant that they're cutting boxes of the actual product box. What they do is they customized the shipping box to fit on the product box. If the next shipping box available is twice the size of the product box, say Arcadia boxes, they cut it and reform the shipping box to fit near the Arcadia box and stock it with paper or any bubble wrap in it for added protection.

Yep, I've got several boxes that have the proper footprint for a Bandai DX to fit, but are much too tall.  Instead of getting shorter boxes, they'll use the taller ones, and cut the corners to make the taller sides into oversized flaps to fold over.

It doesn't always work so well, and some of the boxes wind up with oddly angled edges if the sides fold lopsidedly, but the interior has never been a problem, and I've never gotten any damaged goods from a chop-job of a box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, my items always arrive fine from NY... I think it just takes them a lot longer to ship since they're modifying all those boxes. They need to hire someone with an operations background to show them how they're being penny-wise and pound-foolish.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎14 at 10:51 AM, Darth Mingus said:

New pictures of the Mirage Super Parts, due out in May:

2018akiba1figure12r-7.jpg

2018akiba1figure12r-9.jpg

2018akiba1figure12r-8.jpg

2018akiba1figure12r-6.jpg

After seeing the pics of Mirage's valk with the Super add-ons, can't make up my decision to either get the SV-262 (plus the add-ons) or this one first. The Magenta colour makes it pop out more.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mirage is best girl. If that helps. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You probably want to take overall demand into consideration as well.  Demand on the 262 has been pretty stagnant for a while, and the prices are pretty low.  I don't know how that compares to Mirage, but I'd wager she'll be more popular, and harder to get in the long term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

You probably want to take overall demand into consideration as well.  Demand on the 262 has been pretty stagnant for a while, and the prices are pretty low.  I don't know how that compares to Mirage, but I'd wager she'll be more popular, and harder to get in the long term.

On dinner break at work when I caught your reply back (that includes Sildani's as well). I might get really frustrated and toss the Draken into the wall if I can't get it into battriod mode (a la Skullface with his MP Tigertracks from what I've been reading or seeing Optibotimus using a hammer to mash the living daylights out of a Starscream figure). Mirage's VF-31C with the Fast Pack it is and possibly Arad's down the road.

Edited by borgified

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, borgified said:

On dinner break at work when I caught your reply back (that includes Sildani's as well). I might get really frustrated and toss the Draken into the wall if I can't get it into battriod mode (a la Skullface with his MP Tigertracks from what I've been reading or seeing Optibotimus using a hammer to mash the living daylights out of a Starscream figure). Mirage's VF-31C with the Fast Pack it is and possibly Arad's down the road.

Next time you want to throw your Draken, I'd be willing to catch it for free. I don't mind having 3 Drakens. They're fun to transform and cool to look at. That way, I can display Keith's Draken in all modes. Just letting you know. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Next time you want to throw your Draken, I'd be willing to catch it for free. I don't mind having 3 Drakens. They're fun to transform and cool to look at. That way, I can display Keith's Draken in all modes. Just letting you know. ;)

 

Or I could change my mind and not either get Mirage or Keith and go straight into the 1:6th scale figs.. :diablo: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, borgified said:

Or I could change my mind and not either get Mirage or Keith and go straight into the 1:6th scale figs.. :diablo: 

Hahaha! No worries. :lol: Well, I'm still here if ever you changed your mind. :angel:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, borgified said:

Or I could change my mind and not either get Mirage or Keith and go straight into the 1:6th scale figs.. :diablo: 

If we're talking a 1/6 scale Mikumo, I'm in! :good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2018 at 1:51 PM, Darth Mingus said:

New pictures of the Mirage Super Parts, due out in May:

2018akiba1figure12r-7.jpg

2018akiba1figure12r-9.jpg

2018akiba1figure12r-8.jpg

2018akiba1figure12r-6.jpg

Well, looks like I'm not getting the model kit as this is exactly what I wanted, reaction missiles and all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

If we're talking a 1/6 scale Mikumo, I'm in! :good:

Well.. Not quite 1:6 scale though, Volks has done Minmay, Ranka and Sheryl Nome. If a Mikumo is planned, then I believe that you're going to get it no questions asked. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lolicon and @dimension eater: Sorry it's not your dream girl Miku Miku this time. :sad: 

Did some digging and got this instead: https://www.volks.co.jp/page_ex.jsp?CONTROLID=SC0040&BUSINESSID=InitDisp&jancd=4518992413532&version=en

Willing to shell out roughly $700 (and possibly more for S+H to be delivered where you are), or you rather use the $$$ to make a down payment for additional valks for your ever growing Macross collection?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, borgified said:

@Lolicon and @dimension eater: Sorry it's not your dream girl Miku Miku this time. :sad: 

Did some digging and got this instead: https://www.volks.co.jp/page_ex.jsp?CONTROLID=SC0040&BUSINESSID=InitDisp&jancd=4518992413532&version=en

Willing to shell out roughly $700 (and possibly more for S+H to be delivered where you are), or you rather use the $$$ to make a down payment for additional valks for your ever growing Macross collection?   

lol I'm not into the Volks DD line not because they look bad, but because they're a lot of work to set up, what with the clothes and zippers and buckles and what not. What do I look like? A man who's not lazy? :lol:

Some good quality 1/6 statues of the Walkure I'd probably get. Strange since I thought the show was garbage. :huh:

19 minutes ago, eyesonme78 said:

A quick question, is 32300 yen including expensive for a VF-31J Kai at current market?

That's about an average price, I'd say. The only other option is to try your luck at the lottery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spanner said:

@ hardreturn.. awesome snap! :good:

Such a shame we didn’t get to see any badass batroidness like that in the series. Cool pic indeed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, another stupid question, I like to check if anyone has a pic of vf-31j using vf-31f super packs? was thinking about color schemes. haha...crazy ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eyesonme78 said:

Hi, another stupid question, I like to check if anyone has a pic of vf-31j using vf-31f super packs? was thinking about color schemes. haha...crazy ideas.

Saburo and noel did some pics of VF-31J kai with F super packs, quite a few threads back. End result was not so desirable as i thought it would be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, eyesonme78 said:

Hi, another stupid question, I like to check if anyone has a pic of vf-31j using vf-31f super packs? was thinking about color schemes. haha...crazy ideas.

Hey eyesonme78.

Way back then, I photoshopped a model kit photos of VF-31J Valkyrie with a VF-31F Super Packs just to see how it looks. And it's not as good looking compared to VF-31F Valkyrie wearing a VF-31J Super Parts.

VF-31J + VF-31F Super Parts

31Jlack_15.jpg.5178907a4faaeb410851963de22327c3.jpg

31Jblack_16.jpg.96fb7fccaee6f79af120f9978e7415c3.jpg

31Jblack_14.jpg.9ecafd4dc1d6e8c90e313a3d08f60570.jpg

31Jblack_06.jpg.f0fe92acaf56b940be5fef1a5a02c932.jpg

31Jblack_05.jpg.bd5492f4c6eb95137dd234e44055f29b.jpg

 

VF-31F + VF-31J Super Parts

31F-blue_13.jpg.95871639c9c65d4baba2efcc555eb00b.jpg31F-blue_14.jpg.dd552a048df41cac2023894f4213410f.jpg31F-blue_12.jpg.8c816b6e6f7e3b3ea9dd1e69a60dbe54.jpg31F-blue_11.jpg.7f8b5c949be8e9ec00beb7a27930d255.jpg31F-blue_07.jpg.46d2736b1cf2235c541052a7915cda80.jpg31F-blue_08.jpg.ba3e9f71c5a32d10f58c97ee2bebd84c.jpg

 

And here's what I have with mixing VF-31J/VF-31F Super Parts on a VF-31J Kai Valkyrie that I'm planning on doing it on my DX VF-31J Kai figure. Which IMHO, it looks better. :wub:  Original photos by  @Saburo

VF-31J Kai + VF-31J/F Super Parts

ElCp6UC.jpg 

ddJchj4.jpg 

wj5hzJd.jpg 

iIQJ3M1.jpg 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

31F-blue_07.jpg.46d2736b1cf2235c541052a7915cda80.jpg

 

Wait, what kind of stand is that? And how's that thing holding up the DX with that small of a connector?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ridgebacks said:

Wait, what kind of stand is that? And how's that thing holding up the DX with that small of a connector?

Like what I posted on the first part of my previous post, that one is the model kit version which I just photoshopped with.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After careful consideration, I've decided to frame this in a more positive way ;)

Guys, do you mind sharing some cool "action" poses of your VF-31 in Battroid mode? Basically anything that's not the typical "I'm just here being cool" - rest mode.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Arkham said:

After careful consideration, I've decided to frame this in a more positive way ;)

Guys, do you mind sharing some cool "action" poses of your VF-31 in Battroid mode? Basically anything that's not the typical "I'm just here being cool" - rest mode.

 

Thanks!

Here's some from the previous pages:

On 12/27/2016 at 8:26 PM, Saburo said:

I am really happy with the VF-31 its well improved over the YF-30.  My attempt to pull the gunpod out of the back container was a bit scary I thought I was going to break it. :o:blink:  Here are my pics.

31757279812_01c2afad5f_h.jpg

31757278832_0b8b632da4_h.jpg

31757277802_bca4a8b83a_h.jpg

On 12/28/2016 at 7:26 AM, ChaoticYeti said:

Looks like more people are getting theirs!

YrCHqp8h.jpg

On 10/13/2017 at 2:17 PM, SuperHobo said:

I got Mirage's plane last week, but I didn't have any time to take some photos. But this week I do! I hope the Macross Delta Movie gives us more in-sync dancing combat! 

rsz_img_20171013_115121356_hdr.jpg.3dc1d8f70b76b3ad25d04b3361e1538f.jpgrsz_img_20171013_120829669_hdr.jpg.5b7f01755eb89c183f785a68849c3846.jpgrsz_1img_20171013_122838374_hdr_1.jpg.7c28ad2d796f600fa435f8d524b76713.jpg

On 10/19/2017 at 11:44 PM, gozilham said:

How about this one? 

the 31F looks weird for me too.

but the color and marking is good. 

VF31.jpg

On 10/23/2017 at 10:58 AM, Valkyrie Driver said:

It came! So happy!

Photo Oct 23, 13 40 41.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2016 at 8:28 PM, ChaoticYeti said:

I got mine just before Christmas. Best DX Valkyrie yet!

Only issues I have had have been with the head. It is a bit finicky to transform going both ways. Other than that, this thing is awesome! Nice, confident joints. Tabs galore. Really locks everything down in each mode.

czRPu0Xh.jpg

 

lrkgoU1h.jpg

tLuWgPIh.jpg

HwepssLh.jpg

NSqxnUkh.jpg

FlGjm7sh.jpg

hKjCzxqh.jpg

E6zCz3ih.jpg

GV3o6c1h.jpg

On 12/26/2016 at 8:47 PM, ChaoticYeti said:

I want Bandai to tackle the VF-22 from Delta. Kick one out with this quality.  Would be so drool.

44sX3UEh.jpg

On 12/26/2016 at 10:21 PM, Lolicon said:

Gerwalk and battroid pics. I forgot to pull out the sensor pod thingy all the way, but I didn't feel like retaking all these pics. :p

I'm glad to see Bandai used clear paint on all the head sensors, instead of making it half clear and half opaque like the YF-29 sensors.

31713747881_ac66747213_h.jpg

31020289063_bd614ac7af_b.jpg

Those skinny arms have no problem lifting a heavy beam rifle.

31713747571_bdd6d756e8_h.jpg

31829852725_9c297187d9_h.jpg

31853336476_c865906221_b.jpg

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×