24 minutes ago, Arkham said:

Hey folks,

Could someone answer a few questions regarding this announcement:

- What's "Kai version" ? (something like "Premiun Finish" or "Extra detailed" ?)

- Is this a reissue? Can we expect the other VF-31 to receive this treatment?

Thanks!

It is a color variant of Hayates regular VF-31J that he used in the final version of Macross Delta. The difference are a unicorn knight logo on the back and added black highlights which were blue on the regular VF-31J. It also comes with two pair of reaction missiles for the forearm shields he also used in the final episode. They seem to be exclusive for this set.

There probably won't be other Siegfrieds who get the same treatment since this is the only Kai variant shown on screen (or that I know of).

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

It is a color variant of Hayates regular VF-31J that he used in the final version of Macross Delta. The difference are a unicorn knight logo on the back and added black highlights which were blue on the regular VF-31J. It also comes with two pair of reaction missiles for the forearm shields he also used in the final episode. They seem to be exclusive for this set.

There probably won't be other Siegfrieds who get the same treatment since this is the only Kai variant shown on screen (or that I know of).

And red. Don't forget the red, near the nose and on the shoulders.

Definitely no supers included?

2 hours ago, MikeRoz said:

And red. Don't forget the red, near the nose and on the shoulders.

Definitely no supers included?

You meant the red stripes behind the cockpit on to the head? The red stripes on the shoulders was there already on the regular 31J. The only thing that changes on the shoulder was the grey paint background behind the Δ05 which is now black in Kai.

IMG_5538.thumb.JPG.6fee3212930871c94476c2d6aaff1bf0.JPG

IMG_5539.thumb.JPG.1d28af6e547e1c534d77dabcb8a1eeca.JPG

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Is there a "canon" name for the Kai variant? The Deculture kit refers to it as the VF-31J/C Siegfried, whereas this toy release refers to it as the VF-31J("Kai" kanji") Siegfried.

The C on 31J/C means 'Custom'. Custom/-ized (modified/altered/refitted/upgraded) is one of the english counterpart for the kanji 'Kai'.

Edited by no3Ljm

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

The C on 31J/C means 'Custom'. Custom/-ized (modified/altered/refitted/upgraded) is one of the english counterpart for the kanji 'Kai'.

Yeah, I figured that, it just gets to me that they didn't use the same name for both. Same with the "VF-19ADVANCE"/"VF-19 Advanced"/"VF-19EF/A" thing.

The VF-31J Kai was actually listed on Mandarake not too long ago and was snapped up very quickly. That's what happens when a limited release item is released to the general public.

You can see the posting there as its actually listed.

Armored arad? Is it true? Nice find!  :clapping:

Those boxy missile packs look intimidating! Good indication for a configuration for missile back pods instead of charger packs.

The left side looks like a BFG attachment to a shield instead of it being hand held which is interesting in itself.

Glad we got a chance to have an armored version!!

Interesting. It's like a VF-31S Kai. Looks like the Missile packs swivel on the boosters. I wonder if the BFG takes the Pod's place or maybe there's another attachment that goes there. Could be here isn't anything there as the leg armor makes it more bulky. Also the head unit has that VF-27ish ears.

Armored 31S Arad Custom! Boom! My prayers have been answered! And look at all those super pack equipped valks! :wub:

Looks like this is going to be the usual re-telling of the series ala DYRL. I hope they'll tweak the story so that it'll be more engaging this time around. 

But I'm already sold on that Armored 31S! The armored pack and the inevitable blu-ray release of the movie are going to be instabuys for me!

17 minutes ago, Scream Man said:

24297242_1770405246338135_4428745198551607533_o.jpg.496e9b392c69d0e5be3277b4f4567715.jpgThat's a screenshot from the trailer. The packs over the shoulders; does that look like the wing packs to anyone else? At first I thought maybe it was the rear pack folded into halves, but now I think its the rear wings up horizontally somehow? 

It certainly looks like missiles coming out of the boosters on the wings. It also looks like it's still got the standard weapons pod with the gun on top.

Even though I'm debating in either getting the VF-31C or the SV-262, I like this version (VF-31J Kei) more compared with the previous release as Hayate did pay tribute to Messier after his death (with a slight alteration with the Reaper logo and added black stripes to his valk), just like Hikaru did when Roy died in DYRL.

Edited by borgified

30 minutes ago, borgified said:

Even though I'm debating in either getting the VF-31C or the SV-262, I like this version (VF-31J Kei) more compared with the previous release as Hayate did pay tribute to Messier after his death (with a slight alteration with the Reaper logo and added black stripes to his valk), just like Hikaru did when Roy died in DYRL.

Not much related to the 31, just wanted to say nice Avatar. :D

Comments related to the 31, I'm excited to see the new Armor parts. Because Armor makes just about every Valkyrie better.

-b.

1 hour ago, Scream Man said:

24297242_1770405246338135_4428745198551607533_o.jpg.496e9b392c69d0e5be3277b4f4567715.jpgThat's a screenshot from the trailer. The packs over the shoulders; does that look like the wing packs to anyone else? At first I thought maybe it was the rear pack folded into halves, but now I think its the rear wings up horizontally somehow? 

Pretty sure those are the standard Super Parts’ wing boosters in a horizontal position. Probably just unfolded the wing backpack to bring them to bear. Still, that one image there has just added 6.3% more dakka to the entire Delta franchise than we had before. Praise Jeebus!

1 hour ago, Scream Man said:

*snip*

That's a screenshot from the trailer. The packs over the shoulders; does that look like the wing packs to anyone else? At first I thought maybe it was the rear pack folded into halves, but now I think its the rear wings up horizontally somehow? 

Just the packs firing forward. He starts to fold the pod before firing.

https://youtu.be/Qoks9PR98vk?t=9s

Edited by wmkjr