6 hours ago, Mommar said:

Anyone who looked at the Facebook page knows I'm still waiting on my effing 31J though it is actually in the US now.  Turns out there was a problem with the paperwork for clearance outside the country.  Would have been useful info for FedEx to provide so I could contact HLJ about it.

For Fedex customs you can probably call them up and declare over the phone that those are toys , reduced scale models , etc.  Hlj is normally good at those things maybe yours was shipped our by HLJ seasonal tempt.  

51 minutes ago, F360 said:

For Fedex customs you can probably call them up and declare over the phone that those are toys , reduced scale models , etc.  Hlj is normally good at those things maybe yours was shipped our by HLJ seasonal tempt.  

I called FedEx international multiple times and all they told me was, "There's been a big backlog of packages going out.  Please be patient..." when that wasn't really case.  None of them actually wanted to do their jobs and look up what the issue was.  I didn't find out the problem was actually a customs issue until it was resolved nine days later.  I contacted HLJ to try to see if they could change or upgrade my shipping or find out what the hell was going on and they brushed me off too.  I have a lot less respect for HLJ's customer service now.

25 minutes ago, Saburo said:

I am really happy with the VF-31 its well improved over the YF-30.  My attempt to pull the gunpod out of the back container was a bit scary I thought I was going to break it. :o:blink: 

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought getting the gunpod out was scary.  I thought mine got glued in. I was pulling and pulling and feeling plastic stretch and bend. I tried many attempts and gave up when my fingers started hurting. Finally managed to get it off a couple days later.

Great shots!

Those are amazing pictures cs, Saburo! 

Yeah getting the gunpod out is a harrowing experience. I had to tug and tug until it magically released, which makes it sound rather filthy. 

I'd like to add some detailing, but it looks like the real challenge is figuring out how to take it apart without breaking anything. Arcadia and Bandai really don't want you opening their stuff up! 

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

I am really happy with the VF-31 its well improved over the YF-30.  My attempt to pull the gunpod out of the back container was a bit scary I thought I was going to break it. :o:blink:  Here are my pics.

31788270201_088b423db6_h.jpg

I love this pic the most, that aggressive pose.

Finally got around to transforming mine. A couple of issues with my copy. First the left shoulder piece was so tight that i was scared to push any harder to bring it forward, thought i was going to break it. The right was easy so i kept at it and it finally moved. I've never experienced any toy that had such a tight joint.

Second problem is the right leg/feet. The foot keeps collapsing into the leg. It doesn't want to stay extended. Just looking at it makes it sink back into the leg. Anyone know a fix i can do for this? If i can't fix this this will basically have to be a fighter only valk which will suck. Otherwise this dx is amazing and well done. Unfortunately seems like i have one with a bum leg. :(

2 hours ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Saburo, awesome pics!

Thank you Yeti.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Very nice.

Thank you sh9000.

2 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought getting the gunpod out was scary.  I thought mine got glued in. I was pulling and pulling and feeling plastic stretch and bend. I tried many attempts and gave up when my fingers started hurting. Finally managed to get it off a couple days later.

Great shots!

At first I thought it was easy because the clip that it attaches to slides up away from the container, but it still doesn't release. I had to get a plastic pry tool to ease it out of the clip.

Thanks MJ!

1 hour ago, Shukenzero said:

Great pics everyone. Saburo I haven't attempted to remove the gunpod yet since it looks pretty boss over the shoulder.

It looks awesome over the shoulder, wait till you have to try to remove it. :p

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Those are amazing pictures cs, Saburo! 

Yeah getting the gunpod out is a harrowing experience. I had to tug and tug until it magically released, which makes it sound rather filthy. 

I'd like to add some detailing, but it looks like the real challenge is figuring out how to take it apart without breaking anything. Arcadia and Bandai really don't want you opening their stuff up! 

Thanks Loli, I am looking forward to you next shots of the detailed VF-31J.

1 hour ago, eXis10z said:

I love this pic the most, that aggressive pose.

One of my favorite go-to shot for Gerwalk mode. :)

55 minutes ago, abbadon said:

Awesome pics, Saburo! 

Thanks Abbadon.

37 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Finally got around to transforming mine. A couple of issues with my copy. First the left shoulder piece was so tight that i was scared to push any harder to bring it forward, thought i was going to break it. The right was easy so i kept at it and it finally moved. I've never experienced any toy that had such a tight joint.

Second problem is the right leg/feet. The foot keeps collapsing into the leg. It doesn't want to stay extended. Just looking at it makes it sink back into the leg. Anyone know a fix i can do for this? If i can't fix this this will basically have to be a fighter only valk which will suck. Otherwise this dx is amazing and well done. Unfortunately seems like i have one with a bum leg. :(

I was noticing the same problem with the leg extension as you but not as bad. It locks into place but it seem not as tight as the other leg when it locks.  Hope you can find a fix. When I have some time, I'll take a look and see if there is something that can be done to tighten it up.

2 hours ago, Saburo said:

I am really happy with the VF-31 its well improved over the YF-30.  My attempt to pull the gunpod out of the back container was a bit scary I thought I was going to break it. :o:blink:  Here are my pics.

31788285291_23da729066_h.jpg

31757260682_f75252da1b_h.jpg

31867804376_ba72173966_h.jpg

freakin love this thing! battroid looks bad ass, fighter mode looks super sleek and it gerwalks much better than other relatively recent releases.. (YF-30 & VF-19ADV)

awesome photos Saburo! time to make some new phone wallpapers! 

2 hours ago, Saburo said:

I am really happy with the VF-31 its well improved over the YF-30.  My attempt to pull the gunpod out of the back container was a bit scary I thought I was going to break it. :o:blink:  Here are my pics.31757277802_bca4a8b83a_h.jpg

How did you get the thigh to swivel like that? I tried getting mine to swivel, but it just doesn't want to move.

33 minutes ago, spanner said:

freakin love this thing! battroid looks bad ass, fighter mode looks super sleek and it gerwalks much better than other relatively recent releases.. (YF-30 & VF-19ADV)

awesome photos Saburo! time to make some new phone wallpapers! 

Agreed!  You are welcome spanner, glad you like the shots.

32 minutes ago, DeathByAzns said:

How did you get the thigh to swivel like that? I tried getting mine to swivel, but it just doesn't want to move.

It might just be tight. Try moving the thigh so that its in a gerwalk leg position so you can get more leverage then try to swivel it.

12 minutes ago, spanner said:

it might just be factory tight. Try twisting it again slowly building up force gently till it moves. I will happen.

What spanner said. :D

29 minutes ago, Scream Man said:

Love the pics as always Saburo :) 

This is definitely one of my favorite Valk toys. Im not sure if it beats the 19Adv yet overall, thats a real favorite of mine, but this is pretty great! 

give it time mate, give it time.. 

Edited by spanner
food processors are great!

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Back in stock at Amiami. 

I tried to buy another but the site won't let me. Guess they don't let up on the limit one rule even post-release. 

yes strange even after release I figured they couldn't care as long as they got sold..

1 hour ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I was cart jacked!!!

don't you just hate that! and it seems to happen more so at certain vendors than others. Don't take it to heart too much as it happened to a lot of us.. so its not the first time and definitely won't be the last.

1 hour ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I'd say misplaced stock!

considering this seems to happen to most of the stores, then I think they need to have a good hard look at their warehousing methods if stock keeps getting "misplaced"

or it could be put aside intentionally to take advantage of those desperate few who'll pay more money to get one after they missed out originally..

speaking of which.. even I have had crazy thoughts of getting a 4th one! :rolleyes:

Edited by spanner
I can't brain today, I has the dumb.

1 hour ago, spanner said:

yes strange even after release I figured they couldn't care as long as they got sold..

don't you just hate that! and it seems to happen more so at certain vendors than others. Don't take it to heart too much as it happened to a lot of us.. so its not the first time and definitely won't be the last.

considering this seems to happen to most of the stores, then I think they need to have a good hard look at their warehousing methods if stock keeps getting "misplaced"

or it could be put aside intentionally to take advantage of those desperate few who'll pay more money to get one after they missed out originally..

speaking of which.. even I have had crazy thoughts of getting a 4th one! :rolleyes:

After seeing picks and reviews I changed my mind. I was not going to get this VF-31!!! I blame Saburo for his awesome pics:lol:

I refuse to pay what nippon yasan is asking. I'll wait a little more.