P-Bandai has a survey specifically for overseas customers. Here's your best shot at eliminating those pesky third-party fees.

https://p-bandai.jp/enquete/1000004100_outline/

Who knows, you might even be able to pick up some Super parts for less than your third-born son.

Thanks for posting this. It may not make a difference in the end but it's nice to know that they are even asking and looking to branch out to overseas customers for p-bandai stuff.

Thanks F360 and Noel! I actually went to Amiami's FAQ's after posting and they do wait for all items to be available before sending the payment request. I've never combined any orders before with them so I assumed it would be like NY or HLJ.

You're welcome sir! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine just before Christmas. Best DX Valkyrie yet!

GtKcuCxh.jpg

b2UnvZUh.jpg

Only issues I have had have been with the head. It is a bit finicky to transform going both ways. Other than that, this thing is awesome! Nice, confident joints. Tabs galore. Really locks everything down in each mode.

eYTiFDIh.jpg

eXkh2wMh.jpg

SRXmtPDh.jpg

9GeEewUh.jpg

Axnf7c4h.jpg

czRPu0Xh.jpg

ngykoE0h.jpg

lrkgoU1h.jpg

tLuWgPIh.jpg

HwepssLh.jpg

NSqxnUkh.jpg

FlGjm7sh.jpg

b66LOAxh.jpg

jxxhKrFh.jpg

JPhgbrlh.jpg

HVt4NAxh.jpg

BHLe853h.jpg

0KUBfTrh.jpg

ORJgZ6jh.jpg

4GM18fkh.jpg

JVh6FbAh.jpg

Z7Kt1ZOh.jpg

b2UnvZUh.jpg

dnmcLRTh.jpg

fEfIumXh.jpg

qB3nnulh.jpg

lx9sYJdh.jpg

vKEkNNah.jpg

7R7Mrd1h.jpg

fceO5NBh.jpg

jQjZiIch.jpg

BZqiSTUh.jpg

Jm5ZWrBh.jpg

TfOY1Z0h.jpg

7u0AAa5h.jpg

egcD3suh.jpg

vVKjW6Jh.jpg

6cFIt4Wh.jpg

cnFj7sEh.jpg

fZcMNp9h.jpg

dFTdvQoh.jpg

Q8iHRprh.jpg

hKjCzxqh.jpg

E6zCz3ih.jpg

GV3o6c1h.jpg

Hey guys, need some advice. I got mine on the 23rd, but I'm not really satisfied with that I received. The two halves of the nose weren't glued properly so it created a crevice, which in turned worsened the gap and made the nose a bit crooked. Pics below highlights the "defect":

3L8TFqm.jpg

tzZN42k.jpg

Now my question is: Am I overreacting? Should I send it back to where I bought it from?  Anyone else has something similar to theirs?

I just can't accept this kind of QC issue for a 300CAD item.

13 minutes ago, ChaoticYeti said:

I think I am hooked. I was only planning to get one VF-31, and one SV-262. The 31 is done so well, I might get the whole squadron. As for the 262, I'll have to wait and see.

dang am beginning to feel the same way after your tots on hayate's 31...

5 minutes ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Thanks! This thing is NOT a YF-30. No extra braces need. Nothing floppy. Ratcheted hips and ankles. Tabs, covers, and locks where needed, etc. Kudos to Bandai.

Good to know, will see if I can pick one up down the road. I like Mirages 31 and the 31A the most! 

1 minute ago, in2seconds said:

Hey guys, need some advice. I got mine on the 23rd, but I'm not really satisfied with that I received. The two halves of the nose weren't glued properly so it created a crevice, which in turned worsened the gap and made the nose a bit crooked. Pics below highlights the "defect":

3L8TFqm.jpg

tzZN42k.jpg

Now my question is: Am I overreacting? Should I send it back to where I bought it from?  Anyone else has something similar to theirs?

That is pretty rough. I only have the one to look at, but I do not have that issue.

Mine also arrived just before Christmas, was really surprised at the speed of delivery, I was expecting it to get slowed down with all the holiday traffic.

First Bandai DX, and won't be the last. I've got the -262 on preorder, and even though I'm not a fan of the color scheme, I'm feeling quite tempted by the upcoming preorder for the -31F. I really just want to get the eventual -31C, for a psuedo Max/Milia set.

Definitely snagging the Super parts next weekend after I get paid.

Edited by iguanaman8989

I ordered the super parts as well. I must say I am disappointed that it doesn't come with an alternate pod, and missiles for the hard-points. I don't care about the cost as much as having to track down a bunch of add-ons if the plan is to piece meal exclusives and drag it out.

6 minutes ago, ChaoticYeti said:

That is pretty rough. I only have the one to look at, but I do not have that issue.

Thanks for checking Yeti! So far my issue seems to be isolated. After checking your photos, the gap on mine really stands out.

I guess I will be sending this back.

Just now, in2seconds said:

Thanks for checking Yeti! So far my issue seems to be isolated. After checking your photos, the gap on mine really stands out.

I guess I will be sending this back.

If your retailer does exchanges, definitely take them up on it. QC rng is no fun.

Sad to hear that, in2seconds. Hopefully someone'll be brave enough to take theirs apart and help you come up with a DIY solution...

On another note, I'm glad those of you who bought it like it. It shouldn't be understated how much the inherent design simplification helps to make the toy better. Literally nothing needs to be removed from the Valk in order to transform from one mode to another. Gunpods don't magically go from elbow to hand, no shields have to magnetically transfer arms, etc. It's one of the things I like most about this design, even if I dislike it overall. Under-carriage gunpods (on transforming Valks, not real-world planes) have always struck me as really bad design, albeit aesthetically pleasing.

54 minutes ago, in2seconds said:

Sorry to see that, that is disappointing. I mine did not have that issue.

At least AmiAmi offered you a refund, I remember a member had to pull teeth to get a refund with the Arcadia YF-19.

1 minute ago, Saburo said:

Sorry to see that, that is disappointing. I mine did not have that issue.

At least AmiAmi offered you a refund, I remember a member had to pull teeth to get a refund with the Arcadia YF-19.

It is pretty hard to get the refund process set-up, now I'm exchanging emails to minimize my losses. I already got axed by customs for 50$, so the sunk costs just keeps on piling up one after another.

To be honest, I regret paying for the super parts early. I should have placed the order after I got the valk, but oh well.