To be honest while there is an obvious lineage between the 25 and 30/31 they're really totally different overall. it would be like if you didn't like the VF-5000 because it's like the VF-1. And, as a matter of fact, the VF-5000's transformation is far closer to the VF-1 than the YF-30/VF-31 is to the 25 series and it still has it's own unique look in all three modes. The YF-30/VF-31 is like an amalgam of the 19/21/25. Only the exterior styling and basic shape are reminiscent of the 25, the actual configuration/transformation is like the 19 with the arms stowed to the outside of the body like on the 21/22 (more so the 30, the 31 deviates from that further.)

I see where you are coming from, but to me the battroid from 25-31 looks very similar. You can stick the 171 in there as well as far as battroid goes. Take the vf-1 to vf-4, then vf-11 to the vf-19. Those were all very different looking and feeling. Perhaps it's the nature of 3d cad, but the 25-31 feel very incremental in design, to my tastes. And if all the valks had progressed in the series from vf-1 to vf-3000 to the vf-5000 I would be having the same complaints. The 5000 does feel "incremental" to me, considering the wildly different way the vf-1 looks to the vf-11 or the 19 (the next two valks I saw after SDFM thanks to plus). It's why I love the vf-2ss so much, it feels way different, but still retains the spirit of the vf-1. I get that there are different transformation mechanisms, but they are all similar to past designs in one way or another. The SV-262Hs is the first valk I know of where the head of battroid is the nose cone of the plane. That's exciting to me from a design perspective. Otherwise I am interested in the 31 with the reaper on the back as it looks cool and I am done with delta toys.

If I can borrow a pic from anymoon, this lineup feels super samey to me, the feet are all similar, the legs all feel similar, the chest is very similar, the heads all look similar, the biceps on the arms are all similar, even the forearms are similar in shape:Bandai-DX-YF-30-12.jpg

Hey guys! I have the VF-31J and SOC Voltron in a combined order from Amiami. Two different release dates. Do they invoice you when they receive the first item or when they receive the last one? I know NY sends a payment request for full payment for all items once they receive the first one.

It looks so beautiful ^_^

Didn't expect it to be that tall though.

Edit: Just watched the video review. It's even better than I expected. It's probably the first time a valk has had both thigh and knee swivels, and hip ratchet joints!

Edited by ArchieNov

HLJ will do that payment stuff prolly around 5 AM ET on Saturday. official release not until 12/17 in JP.

No worries

on a side note, I am so hyped for these new valks. They appear to be continuing Bandais continued improvement of their valks starting with the beautiful Matte finish and tampo of the YF-30 / VF-19.

I like the new direction they've taken with the packaging.

Edited by Duymon

HLJ will do that payment stuff prolly around 5 AM ET on Saturday. official release not until 12/17 in JP.

No worries

on a side note, I am so hyped for these new valks. They appear to be continuing Bandais continued improvement of their valks starting with the beautiful Matte finish and tampo of the YF-30 / VF-19.

Thanks for the reassurance! Phew almost had a panic attack.

No worries

did the 31 have a Matte finish? it looked gloss to me. I would prefer matte myself.

Wow Bandai upped their game with the packaging. Still would like a plastic tray instead of the Styrofoam (paranoid about the Styrofoam stripping the paint). Good to see clear stand parts as well. Stand base is disappointing and are a let down after having the frontier sms bases.

Missed the pre-order on this one and paid the price (literally). Ordered both the super parts and the valk from NY in one order so I'm gettting them in March. No Delta valk this Christmas. :-D

After seeing the video review, I'm very pleased to see that Bandai included a lot of locking tabs to keep this valk solid in Battroid. My biggest gripe about Frontier's valks is the loose back, which just hangs there by force of gravity.

I'm surprised too that it can stand on its own despite looking back-heavy. Of course, the super parts will probably change that.

I wasn't really planning on getting this valk since Delta was a huge letdown for me. I was really only planning on getting Messer's and Arad's. But after seeing all the new improvements in engineering, not to mention the cool new packaging, I'm sold. Its really just too bad we didn't get to enjoy seeing these valks in as much action as those in Frontier, and that Delta's story, characters and music aren't making me want to re-watch the series anytime soon.

Edited by brouken

Hey guys! I have the VF-31J and SOC Voltron in a combined order from Amiami. Two different release dates. Do they invoice you when they receive the first item or when they receive the last one? I know NY sends a payment request for full payment for all items once they receive the first one.

Amiami will invoice you once they get the last item on that month.

I'm guessing here since NY somehow gives you estimate shipping cost so they can ask for certain amount whereas AmiAmi waits for the items first before sending you final invoice with the shipping cost included. So in your case, it's safe to assume once the last item received so they can quote you with the right shipping cost. But like I said, I'm just guessing here. But it's better to be prepared to pay the first one just in case they sent you the first invoice. And just so you know, hope also that the last item will not get delayed because what might happen is that, they might ask you to pay the first one including the shipping for that one in case the second item will get delayed the next month. Then, the safe thing to do is contact customer service and ask if they can move the first item to be included once the second item is available. But they might ask you to pay the first one. Anyways, just always expect the worse from AmiAmi since they don't do private warehouse concept like HLJ and NY, where they will ship once the last item is available base on your combined order.

Um I didnt get the HLJ payment request...does it mean im doomed?

As long that they didn't give you a cancellation email during the time of preorder because of their system glitch, then you're all good. ;)

*snip*

After seeing the video review, I'm very pleased to see that Bandai included a lot of locking tabs to keep this valk solid in Battroid. My biggest gripe about Frontier's valks is the loose back, which just hangs there by force of gravity.

*snip*

This has been discussed time and time again that the only way to lock the back wing of the VF-25's is to pull back or push the shoulder part more towards the back until the wing section doesn't lift up anymore. That way, you cover more of the cockpit area. Unless you want to leave the shoulder part where as it is, more in-line with the neck base. You can try it and see if it's going to lock. But then again, it's really depends on your personal preference. ;)

This has been discussed time and time again that the only way to lock the back wing of the VF-25's is to pull back or push the shoulder part more towards the back until the wing section doesn't lift up anymore. That way, you cover more of the cockpit area. Unless you want to leave the shoulder part where as it is, more in-line with the neck base. You can try it and see if it's going to lock. But then again, it's really depends on your personal preference. ;)

I know what's you're saying Noel. But you have to admit that the 31 and its predecessor the 30 have a more refined and sturdier way of locking the back compared to just relying on those two shoulder hinges. I still love the 25 though, and the Armored 25S remains my third most favorite valk after the 0S and the 1S. The 31S will probably come fourth. :-D

Edited by brouken

Question: I didn't receive a payment request from HLJ, but suddenly got an email and text notification from my CC company that I had been charged. I checked my order on the website and it now says that it was paid and is in processing. Is this normal (not to have gotten a payment request)?

Edited by ArchieNov

I know what's you're saying Noel. But you have to admit that the 31 and its predecessor the 30 have a more refined and sturdier way of locking the back compared to just relying on those two shoulder hinges. I still love the 25 though, and the Armored 25S remains my third most favorite valk after the 0S and the 1S. The 31S will probably come fourth. :-D

Understood. But you have to admit too that it does help locking the VF-25 backs, right? ^_^ But same thing can be said to the YF-30, I think that once the hinge on the back part of the wing gets loose, the one that folds towards the back, it will also rely on gravity too. Remember that the upper part of the chest where the head part is, doesn't really lock above the canopy.

Question: I didn't receive a payment request from HLJ, but suddenly got an email and text notification from my CC company that I had been charged. I checked my order on the website and it now says that it was paid and is in processing. Is this normal (not to have gotten a payment request)?

Did you set up the 'Recommended PayPal Billing Agreement' or from your previous purchase? I'm just assuming that might be the case because I always select the 'Checkout with PayPal or credit card when order is ready' option.

Did you set up the 'Recommended PayPal Billing Agreement' or from your previous purchase? I'm just assuming that might be the case because I always select the 'Checkout with PayPal or credit card when order is ready' option.

Yeah, that's what I did when I placed the order back then. Thanks for clearing that up.

My paypal shows the VF-31 was only 156 bucks USD from HLJ (18000yen)

Shipped out my VF-31, HMR Max and trident stand via fedex for only 3400 yen woo hoo

did the 31 have a Matte finish? it looked gloss to me. I would prefer matte myself.

If you're talking about the YF-30 yeah it did have matte. All pics and videos of the VF_31's in hand appear, at least to me, to be Matte and not the super gloss of the Frontier-Gen DXes

Edited by Duymon

Payed at HLJ. I wonder If I have anything on preorder that will go to my private warehouse in the next 60 days.

Looking at the images from the review I'm not particularly fond of the frosted canopy but I'll live. :)

Thanks F360 and Noel! I actually went to Amiami's FAQ's after posting and they do wait for all items to be available before sending the payment request. I've never combined any orders before with them so I assumed it would be like NY or HLJ.