I just keep waiting for Bandai to put down their Crack-Pipe and do an actual Re-issue of the VF-31A. But this time with some stickers so you can make it 01, 02, 03, etc. 

Otherwise I'm stuck giving derex $650.00 for his! :lol:

33 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

One the one hand, I wouldn't pay even $400 for a 31A.

On the other, I wouldn't sell any of my 3 for $500.

So take from that what you will.

That's silly - what would you pay for a -31A if the three you have ran away from home? It's easy to balk on a price when you're sitting on three.

Edited by MikeRoz

2 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

That's silly - what would you pay for a -31A if the three you have ran away from home? It's easy to balk on a price when you're sitting on three.

Why is that silly?  I wouldn't sell any of my four for $500 either.

With all this chat about the Karios and the insane mark up price, when has the CF version of any valks cost triple/quadruple/quintuplite more than the asking price (not including this version).

If this so called "shortness production round" or "scalping" didn't happen and Bandai had allocated the proper amount of Karios made, then the price should have been around 20k to 25k yen. 

This is based on my theory and I think that it was covered way back in the thread when it happened. 

Watch the Armoured Parts for the Karios and Chuck's 31e be announced (when it does) then the costs if the valk will mostly go insane. :blink:

9 hours ago, borgified said:

With all this chat about the Karios and the insane mark up price, when has the CF version of any valks cost triple/quadruple/quintuplite more than the asking price (not including this version).

If this so called "shortness production round" or "scalping" didn't happen and Bandai had allocated the proper amount of Karios made, then the price should have been around 20k to 25k yen. 

This is based on my theory and I think that it was covered way back in the thread when it happened. 

Watch the Armoured Parts for the Karios and Chuck's 31e be announced (when it does) then the costs if the valk will mostly go insane. :blink:

I think it's not just production quantities, it's also because the 31A is both a "low-vis" paint scheme and also a different wing design which mimics the popular YF-30.

On 1/2/2020 at 11:07 AM, Sildani said:

I still need the missiles and mounting brackets...

I just ordered a test print of a replacement mounting bracket to confirm it works before I make it available through shapeways. Sorry for the delay when I said I'd do it months ago (and had the model done a couple days later); I've been going through the move from hell and forgot to order the test print once I finally had an adress to send it to.

Capture.JPG.496a08b950bcef7c6426e659b848bb35.JPG

I should get it in ~3 weeks and if it works as is I'll just throw a pair of them on sprues to reduce cost and make it available. If it doesn't work I'll have to tweak the design and do another test run.

2 hours ago, Jaustin89 said:

I just ordered a test print of a replacement mounting bracket to confirm it works before I make it available through shapeways. Sorry for the delay when I said I'd do it months ago (and had the model done a couple days later); I've been going through the move from hell and forgot to order the test print once I finally had an adress to send it to.

I should get it in ~3 weeks and if it works as is I'll just throw a pair of them on sprues to reduce cost and make it available. If it doesn't work I'll have to tweak the design and do another test run.

Cool.

How are you getting that into CAD? Are you measuring an existing unit with calipers and drawing from there?

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

Cool.

How are you getting that into CAD? Are you measuring an existing unit with calipers and drawing from there?

Yes; I've got a pair of precision calipers that I use for whatever measurements I can, though on something like this I have to do a lot of eyeballing because of the curves. Between slight inaccuracies from that and the difference in tolerances between molded and printed plastic it's entirely likely I'll need to tweak the design; Bandai seems to use tolerances on their peg joints which typical 3D printing just can't match yet. 

11 hours ago, Jaustin89 said:

@Jaustin89 Now it you could make the reaction missiles to go with the adapters that would be amazing! 

1 hour ago, Rogueload said:

@Jaustin89 Now it you could make the reaction missiles to go with the adapters that would be amazing! 

YES! I agree with this.

Another thing I think would be cool is a way to put the missiles on first then stack the shields on top. To me it makes a lot of sense to shield the missiles while they're on their pylons. And I think it would look really cool!

2 hours ago, Jaustin89 said:

Yes; I've got a pair of precision calipers that I use for whatever measurements I can, though on something like this I have to do a lot of eyeballing because of the curves. Between slight inaccuracies from that and the difference in tolerances between molded and printed plastic it's entirely likely I'll need to tweak the design; Bandai seems to use tolerances on their peg joints which typical 3D printing just can't match yet. 

Nice work. That is a really hard way to do the "transfer".

1 hour ago, Rogueload said:

I'm hesitant to do the missiles for a couple reasons. One is the increased risk of running afoul of Bandai since their inclusion of the missiles is a selling point of the super packs or certain valks; offering a replacement option for people that lost or broke their adapter is likely a non-issue even if Bandai became aware of it, offering something they'd see as a product or potential product likely would be.

The othe reason is the quality; an adapter you're not going to care if the surface is a bit rough or if it's a solid color, the missiles are something you're going to be looking at directly and getting any semblance of decent appearance out of a 3D printed part takes a ton of work sanding and painting. I'm not really comfortable offering something that I don't see as being able to meet my standards of quality.

That said one of the projects I've been working on is a series of adapters based around the ones included with the YF-19; two of the pieces I've designed are that shield bracket but with either a pylon that matches the 19 missiles or the standard hardpoint in place of the peg used by the 31 reaction missiles. Once I have everything tested and any issues worked out we can get some pretty interesting setups like having the AMRAAM style misses from the 19 on the shield or a cluster of reaction missiles rather than pair (one of the hardpoint clusters from the post below mounted to the shield-hardpoint adapter). I'm just working on it in my spare time so it'll take a while but it's in process.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Nice work. That is a really hard way to do the "transfer".

Thanks. To me a model like that is pretty trivial; I'm a mechanical designer in the aerospace industry so I deal with far more complex modeling than that on a daily basis. It's been a while since I made it but I think I spent an hour on it at most.

I'm late to the party and this is certainly isn't canon, but how does Arad's Armored Parts set look on a VF-31E?  Do the different orange colors clash too much? I don't recall seeing pics of that combo in this thread.

And on a side note, here's a Kairos with a relatively good price for anyone still in the hunt.

8 minutes ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

I'm late to the party and this is certainly isn't canon, but how does Arad's Armored Parts set look on a VF-31E?  Do the different orange colors clash too much? I don't recall seeing pics of that combo in this thread.

Found these photos via Google from eBay:

DX-Chogokin-Macross-Delta-VF-31E-Siegfried-Chuck-condition-_57.jpg.a9bffc0dc026f3069a83bed37b5301f7.jpg

DX-Chogokin-Macross-Delta-VF-31E-Siegfried-Chuck-condition-_58.jpg.f7e33977755459ad36bfc74bd4b43e8a.jpg

DX-Chogokin-Macross-Delta-VF-31E-Siegfried-Chuck-condition.jpg.82fd3de5b7027a8b3039af9171853bee.jpg

DX-Chogokin-Macross-Delta-VF-31E-Siegfried-Chuck-condition-_62.jpg.8415fb3c9cd9547f0c1d7aebed9e279f.jpg

DX-Chogokin-Macross-Delta-VF-31E-Siegfried-Chuck-condition-_59.jpg.bb689b941f2f0dd8879fccb2ae06cdce.jpg

DX-Chogokin-Macross-Delta-VF-31E-Siegfried-Chuck-condition-_60.jpg.eba42010e539c796c2f0a1017b6649f4.jpg

DX-Chogokin-Macross-Delta-VF-31E-Siegfried-Chuck-condition-_61.jpg.2aa508b0c06e8946dc8fc533836f7434.jpg

Here's from ToysTV over YouTube:

Edited by no3Ljm

The Silpheed Armour looks colour co-ordinated with Chuck's 31e minus the neck/shoulder missle packs and the different modix number.

If your still interested @Valkyire Hunter D, Chucky's 31e and the Silpheed Armour are still up for grabs at a total of 38k yen (that is if you didn't get it).

2nd Edit: Derp!! Forgot the Delta modix number and correct person identified.   

Edited by borgified

1 minute ago, borgified said:

The Silpheed Armour looks colour co-ordinated with Chuck's 31e minus the neck/shoulder missle packs.

If your still interested @Bolt, Chucky's 31e and the Silpheed Armour are still up for grabs at a total of 38k yen (that is if you didn't get it). 

I believe, @Valkyrie Hunter D is the one who were asking earlier how Arad's Armor looks on Chuck's.

Just now, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

That combo looks better than I thought it would.  Thanks dood, I'd bro fist ya if I could! Now I got some shopping to do.

You're welcome sir! Just do note that the shoulder armor has Arad's 01 colors.

On 1/7/2020 at 1:01 AM, Jaustin89 said:

replacement mounting bracket

Great work!

On 1/7/2020 at 3:54 PM, Jaustin89 said:

standard hardpoint in place of the peg

If I could make a suggestion, it might be cool to have a version with three hardpoints. That would mean you could have one centrally mounted pylon, or two pylons mounted symmetrically.

Just thinking about the options that would give us relating to Xigfrid's missiles.

29 minutes ago, WaferMouse said:

Great work!

If I could make a suggestion, it might be cool to have a version with three hardpoints. That would mean you could have one centrally mounted pylon, or two pylons mounted symmetrically.

Just thinking about the options that would give us relating to Xigfrid's missiles.

I may have to make those two separate versions due to the geometry of the shield; I'll play around with the options and see what I can do.

On 1/7/2020 at 10:05 PM, borgified said:

If your still interested @Valkyire Hunter D, Chucky's 31e and the Silpheed Armour are still up for grabs at a total of 38k yen (that is if you didn't get it).

Thanks, I missed reading this the first time. I actually got the combo for just a little less than 38k, but where was it up for grabs?

5 minutes ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Thanks, I missed reading this the first time. I actually got the combo for just a little less than 38k, but where was it up for grabs?

18k yen Silpheed at Nayuta, Sahra and Umeda branches

20k yen Chucky at Nayoga

I got the combo set close to MSRP when it got released. Pre-ordered Chucky first and then got the Silpheed on Manda when it was first listed.