Knowing bandai the moment they decide to, it might turn out to be a tamashii event exclusive where it’s only up for grabs at the event.

They just know when to twist the knife in :huh:

if they do, am not sure I would bite anymore...

meanwhile, my wallet is beating for the 21 DX, so gonna save for that too^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Holy cow!  Yeah, I just looked through ebay prices for these, and whereas E, F, and J's go for $250-300; J Kai, C, and S go for $450.  Aren't these all the same toy with different paint jobs, and didn't they all release for around $170/18kyen? What a racket!  I understand the VF-31J Kai being an exclusive and selling for more, but why are Jenius and Arad so damn expensive?  Did they not make as many or are they really that much more desirable?  I'm tempted to make an entry into this series, and I do want a Hayate just to have the main character's valk (and a mini Freyja), especially since these valks got @jenius highest rating, but I still don't wanna spend $300 on it.

S prices went up when the armored parts were announced.

C prices went up gradually, personally I think that valk has the best color and head sculpt, but the real reason is probably because Mirage is the one female pilot.

Messer also was high, but it's the only VF-31 that got released twice, which obviously tanked it's price.

E will end up higher if an armored pack for it ever gets announced.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

17 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

E will end up higher if an armored pack for it ever gets announced.

That is if the Armoured pack does get made for the E and the A and will the A get a price gouging increase? I think it would.  :rolleyes:

The only (semi) armoured E valk was Luca's RVF-171e in Frontier (maybe not intentionally).

I only have the C. The color on it was a must/have for me, and it is stunning in person.  

I barely ever transform it from jet mode though. I need to find some time to try the hasegawa models. If I can nail the color on that I’ve got some custom Gunpla paint jobs I want to do. 

Just now, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, on the plus side I'm well on my way to forgetting Delta entirely!

Lol. But you love the valks!

I love my Mirage 31-C . She's a beauty (The Valk is pretty hot too;))

Also have the Messer-31 and thoroughly enjoy it.  

I have most of the 31's in 1/72 . Will probably try to do custom squadron colors on them all.

I finally transformed the F and un-boxed the C tonight. I love the 31's design/look. After transforming the F I have more appreciation for the toy as a piece of engineering. It feels like "quality".

The C is just flat out pretty. It took me forever to get it out of the box. It was worth the wait.

VF-31.jpg.54e2d65a632291718af47805601cb275.jpg

I was perfectly fine with just getting Messer and the 31A form Delta along with the Drakken.  Those looked outstanding.  I wouldn't mind an Arad, but no money and no desire to hunt one down.  I never actually finished Delta..LOL..gave up half way through.  

I recently rewatched it and it was much more enjoyable after getting over it's shortcomings.  I still need to see the movie.

5 hours ago, Sildani said:

I still need the missiles and mounting brackets...

I hope they find their way to you this year amigo, you've been looking for those for quite some time.

6 hours ago, Sildani said:

I still need the missiles and mounting brackets...

What missiles are you referring too? Are they like the ones that come with the C (see pic)? You can buy those separately? Is there an adapter available where you can mount the missiles and then the "shields" (see pic of F's arms, they;'re mounted) on top of them. I didn't see anything in the C's VF kit or the Super parts that would allow for piggy backing them.

VF-31.jpg

How here still needs the Best Girl and the Supers? Both at the Nagoya branch.

DX 31c for 27k yen (open, package damage)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1104268008&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Corresponding Supers for 13k yen - (open, package damaged)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1089784422&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

13 hours ago, sqidd said:

You can buy those separately? Is there an adapter available where you can mount the missiles and then the "shields"

No and yes, respectively. The adapters come with the 31S, the Kai and the 31C supers. You should have them bundled with your 31C supers. Look for two crooked strips of plastic with pins in the middle, the pin attaches to where the missile adapters pivot. They mount with the shield between the missiles and the wing/arm, as in the photos here: http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=9513&cpage=1

In terms of the missiles, Bandai is being stingy with their release. They only get bundled with other purchases. If you get the full squad including the Kai with all the currently released SPs, you only get enough missiles to equip a maximum of three VFs. The cheapest way to get more are to buy a bunch of 31C SPs, which isn't exactly cheap.

There's been some talk of 3D printing a missile-shield adapter with generic hardpoints suitable for mounting any missile (like the Frontier 171 missiles or Xigfrid's pieces), but nobody's stepped up to it yet.

If Bandai was feeling charitable, they'd release a pack with just the missiles and the shield adapter. So odds are, that's not going to happen.

Edited by WaferMouse

On 1/2/2020 at 6:20 PM, borgified said:

How here still needs the Best Girl and the Supers? Both at the Nagoya branch.

DX 31c for 27k yen (open, package damage)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1104268008&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Corresponding Supers for 13k yen - (open, package damaged)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1089784422&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Both sold!

And I got my Best Girl’s Supers for, in the end, $35 shipped from eBay, but not having missiles or mounts was a consequence of that. 

And thanks for the positive thoughts @Bolt!

Edited by Sildani

11 hours ago, WaferMouse said:

No and yes, respectively. The adapters come with the 31S, the Kai and the 31C supers. You should have them bundled with your 31C supers. Look for two crooked strips of plastic with pins in the middle, the pin attaches to where the missile adapters pivot. They mount with the shield between the missiles and the wing/arm, as in the photos here: http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=9513&cpage=1

So that's what those were for. Thank you.